DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia III: The Treasure of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TOWN WIN

Aiel Heart

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maddy is being really suspicious. I will probably vote Maddy. It seems unlikely that no one is coaching her.

Ithi also looks suspicious. People are buddying to her or at least trying to.

RTE- I don't think he will go away from this list

Ithi sounds like she knows whats what however I with hold judgement on that. Maddy is really getting into the spirit of things but I'm not sure how to take it whether she's Town or mafia still not sure about that. RTE has gone rather quiet maybe he's laying low? who knows I still have my suspicions so keeping my vote for the time being.

Luci - it is Night and we don't vote at Night. The Game Title could probably do with an Edit to show this.

Also - I am finding it amusing that I am suspicious because people are buddying up to me. I can't control what other people do. Maybe you should be looking at the buddyers and questioning their motives. Is more likely for a Mafia to Buddy than a Town - because they usually can pick a Town Best Friend. Be interesting to see how that works in this Game though lol.

I think Town would not actively buddy early in a Game because they don't know who they might be buddying lol.

For that reason I am VERY wary of Dap - and to a lesser extent Turin. Although Turin has established his meta of buddying me ALL the time so I never can tell if he is Town or Mafia lol.

Blatantly buddies up more to make Ithi look extra suspicious :smile:

Are you more wary of me now? :wub:

Who posted in: Pokemon Mafia III: The Treasure of He...

Member name

dapianoplay3r

Ithillian

ReleaseTheEvil

suchmadness

lolguy26

Despothera

Turin Turambar

bgrishinko

_CLOUD

ineedfourberfs

Hisoka Al'Raer

Aiel Heart

Darthe

Cyan

wheeloftime13

TinaHel

Razen

Hallia

WolfbrotherKronos

Panchi

Krakalakachkn

Mawthtex

Davrick

Luciena

Leyrann

For a game having over 1,000 replies, having replies in the single digits is just a little skimpy perhaps. I know WBK and Panchi have given their thoughts somewhat, and to a lesser extent Krak as well. Luci subbed in, so she gets somewhat of a pass, but she subbed in a few days ago if I'm not mistaken so a little more activity wouldn't hurt. It would be nice if Maw, Dav, and Ley could really step up the content.

And please don't take this personal, and I realize post count doesn't necessarily equate to how much you're contributing. However, in a game with this many players, it would be relatively easy for some to pass under the radar by not posting as often. The more people we have speaking up, the greater chance we have of catching scum.

Member name Posts dapianoplay3r 204 Ithillian 187 ReleaseTheEvil 153 suchmadness 60 lolguy26 60 Despothera 55 Turin Turambar 48 bgrishinko 39 _CLOUD 34 ineedfourberfs 33 Hisoka Al'Raer 19 Aiel Heart 19 Darthe 18 Cyan 14 wheeloftime13 13 TinaHel 12 Razen 11 Hallia 10 WolfbrotherKronos 8 Panchi 7 Krakalakachkn 7 Mawthtex 6 Davrick 5 Luciena 4 Leyrann 2

The Post Counter Pointer Outer & Step Up Your Game People-er

Maddy is being really suspicious. I will probably vote Maddy. It seems unlikely that no one is coaching her.

Ithi also looks suspicious. People are buddying to her or at least trying to.

RTE- I don't think he will go away from this list

Ithi sounds like she knows whats what however I with hold judgement on that. Maddy is really getting into the spirit of things but I'm not sure how to take it whether she's Town or mafia still not sure about that. RTE has gone rather quiet maybe he's laying low? who knows I still have my suspicions so keeping my vote for the time being.
Luci - it is Night and we don't vote at Night. The Game Title could probably do with an Edit to show this.

Also - I am finding it amusing that I am suspicious because people are buddying up to me. I can't control what other people do. Maybe you should be looking at the buddyers and questioning their motives. Is more likely for a Mafia to Buddy than a Town - because they usually can pick a Town Best Friend. Be interesting to see how that works in this Game though lol.

I think Town would not actively buddy early in a Game because they don't know who they might be buddying lol.

For that reason I am VERY wary of Dap - and to a lesser extent Turin. Although Turin has established his meta of buddying me ALL the time so I never can tell if he is Town or Mafia lol.

Blatantly buddies up more to make Ithi look extra suspicious :smile:

Are you more wary of me now? :wub:

I'm still in the Ignoring Turin phase ...

There are still 11 1/2 Hours of Night.

Ugh I just checked the OP again... you're right, night phases are 48 hours in this game. Ouch.

Member name Posts dapianoplay3r 204 Ithillian 187 ReleaseTheEvil 153 suchmadness 60 lolguy26 60 Despothera 55 Turin Turambar 48 bgrishinko 39 _CLOUD 34 ineedfourberfs 33 Hisoka Al'Raer 19 Aiel Heart 19 Darthe 18 Cyan 14 wheeloftime13 13 TinaHel 12 Razen 11 Hallia 10 WolfbrotherKronos 8 Panchi 7 Krakalakachkn 7 Mawthtex 6 Davrick 5 Luciena 4 Leyrann 2

The Post Counter Pointer Outer & Step Up Your Game People-er

Are you implying something here? I saw several "mafia stereotypes" that could easily describe part of my playstyle. I don't think there's anything wrong with prodding people early on, to hopefully keep the game going and interest peaking. Because of the inherent paranoia in mafia, the active players are at much more risk throughout the game. If they are lynched or NK'ed, that means the more inactive ones will have to pick up the slack. It's a lot harder to get your head back in the game when it's lylo and you've been lurking most the game than it is to get back in the swing of things after a day or two. Plus, let's not forget that many mafia teams choose to NK inactives because it gives town less info. Only way to fight that is if there are no inactive players, if everyone is contributing.

It bothers me a lot more when someone does the helpful "assistant mod" thing where they post unofficial VC's, ask for deadlines, prod inactives, etc., all without giving many actual thoughts on the game. I've made sure to give my opinions whenever I thought it might help town.

Also I'm bored too.

I really want to be doing more planning on the Game I find myself about to run in the 'other Tower' soon. It's the only one allowed per year and it's going to be fun :biggrin:

HP is not my strongest subject so I have decided to go for Lego Harry Potter lol.

But I have to work instead ... I've got the google.doc up in the background and I keep sneaking onto it.

It's Night. That is one of the Stereo Type Roles from my other Thread.

Stereotypes can be either Town or Mafia. That Thread makes that perfectly clear.

What do you think I was implying? That was a very defensive post really.

That thread is the one I was referencing.

And the vast majority of those stereotypes def come off as more of a negative stereotype to me, personally. If I saw someone that was playing one of those stereotypes to a "T", they'd prob seem scummy to me. Notice how "Clean Pro-Town Player" isn't one of the stereotypes listed?

So yeah, I figured you were trying to imply that I was either scummy, or anti-town in some way. Notice how you were also labeling me with another of those stereotypes earlier? The Sole Arbiter one? Another negative stereotype. It's dancing around with words to me. Call a spade a spade. Outside of the game, call me whatever stereotype you'd like. As I mentioned, my playstyle is definitely reminiscent of a good many of them. In the game however, I have to take everything you say as gameplay. And labeling me with, what I would think of as, negative mafia sterotypes is at the very least an attempt to discredit me. Unless it is tongue in cheek of course, but I wasn't sure.

Which is why I asked if you were implying anything there.

Also, lol @ Ithi and Player working in tandem. Bit obvious this game guys, don't you think?

And don't play me for a rookie. I'm not going to get skittish cause you used the big polarizing "defensive" word.

I asked for clarification. Ascribing all these mafia stereotypes to me is making me wonder what Ithi is getting at.

They are not Mafia Stereotypes - they are just what people do. You just said you did it but you are not Mafia. You can't have it both ways.

Do you feel that you were doing something negative?

A Mafia team Member can be a lurker or can be a WoTer, They can be a post counter or a spammer - what people do is not a reliable Mafia Tell. Other wise we would just be able to open up the Little Book of Mafia Tells and win every Game.

Archived