DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia III: The Treasure of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TOWN WIN

Aiel Heart

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are not Mafia Stereotypes - they are just what people do. You just said you did it but you are not Mafia. You can't have it both ways.

Do you feel that you were doing something negative?

A Mafia team Member can be a lurker or can be a WoTer, They can be a post counter or a spammer - what people do is not a reliable Mafia Tell. Other wise we would just be able to open up the Little Book of Mafia Tells and win every Game.

You misunderstood me - I wasn't saying they were stereotypes of a mafia team, I was saying they were stereotypes of any player of Mafia the game. However most of them are negative stereotypes as I mentioned.

No, I don't feel I did anything negative, which is why I was making sure you weren't implying that I was.

And scumtells certainly help lead you down the path to finding mafia, they aren't 100% accurate but they're among a scumhunter's best tools. I don't find anything negative at all about WoT's myself (big surprise lol). I DEFINITELY think lurking is anti-town. Post counting or spamming are more nulltells, or at best situational scumtells.

Just thought about something funny

So far this game Ithi you have decried using meta and common scumtells as optimal scumhunting strategies.

What's next, you gonna tell us that analyzing voting patterns and looking at coroner reports is for the birds?

:laugh:

I generally don't bother with Voting Patterns. I'm a very lazy Player and tend to focus on 'the now' - probably because I play on mobile so cannot go easily back and forth to dig up old stuff.

I have to try and hold as much of the game in my head as possible - but that is why I don't always remember specifics.

Coroners' Reports are useful :)

And when you Mod Games you soon see that people are being called out for being Mafia because they are doing xyz. But you know they are not Mafia. And in the DPR Game everyone was Vanilla Town to start - but people were still being called Mafia because they had done 'Mafia Things'

It made me wonder how much of what we think is a Mafia Tell is just Urban Myth. Hence the Game - where you won't be able to use lazy reasoning such as 'people who do this are ALWAYS Mafia'. Does that make sense?

I've always thought that completely definitive statements like "Mafia will NEVER do this" or "people who say that are ALWAYS scum" are kind of ridiculous, every game is different and every situation will unfold differently.

That being said, looking for scumtells, seeing if anyone is off their meta, analyzing voting patterns are all excellent methods of scumhunting. Just because you have unique games that break the mold a bit doesn't change that fact. BG's smash bros game was like that too, everyone started out as town. Doesn't mean it stayed like that tho. Town won in both DPR's ghost game, AND BG's smash bros game. They did so by employing tried and true scumhunting techniques, not by throwing darts at a board.

No

as vanilla on day one. Boring game. Randomly started voting someone and from reactions nabbed a mafia lol

Sounds a lot more like you putting out a trap vote and springing it than you randomly bagging scum then...

For a while there town had this crazy streak of bagging scum day 1.

I'm pretty happy that I helped in bagging us a scum in this games day 1 :biggrin:

Of course, its not much of an achievement considering how easily Darthe has been giving himself away lately. And of course you have to include the caveat about this game having two mafia teams so even scum can scumhunt.

I've not posted much because of a leadership conference I was at this weekend...posted that in game as well. By the time I caught up a lunch was achieved. I tend not to talk much at night.

I don't have as much a problem with your activity. When you have posted, you've at least tried to get your thoughts out there.

For a while there town had this crazy streak of bagging scum day 1.

I'm pretty happy that I helped in bagging us a scum in this games day 1 :biggrin:

Of course, its not much of an achievement considering how easily Darthe has been giving himself away lately. And of course you have to include the caveat about this game having two mafia teams so even scum can scumhunt.

This is an interesting turnaround from you being very negative about me pointing this out on D1.

It just seemed that you preferred that the information be discredited or kept hidden.

I thought that any information that would help should be posted in the Game. People were still posting about Team Rocket and their cat. That was misinformation and needed to be corrected.

We needed to be aware of what we were possibly up against. The Wiki AND the OP were very clear about who we were up against with regards to the bad guys. I don't understand why you are being so stubborn about it.

What would you have done if you had found out that information and realised that people were barking up a very old and incorrect tree?

Plus the Pokemon I confirmed in that Info Post corresponded with Darthe's and confirmed him as Mafia. Which you were very 'Yay!' about if I recall.

Please explain what the benefit would have been to not advise Town of this ... the only people who would benefit from it being hidded are the Mafia - because I'm sure they were perfectly happy with us looking for the Rocket Team and Pokemons.

Do you honestly believe that passing on what I found was anti Town?

And of course it was you who told me to google it.

Did you not follow your own advice?

If you did ... why didn't you pass on the information?

If anyone else but me had posted it ... would it have been ok? Does anyone else feel that I should have kept what I found out to myself and not shared it with Town?

I mentioned previous, from the get go, knowing Gen III (Don't ask), I assumed two mafia team from the start. It's clear canon in a theme game, in my opinion. I am trying to work out if 2 or 3 or 4 to a team, really. Tradition would say 3, yes?

And Desp the more you talk the more it just seems like you are looking to argue, for no clear cause but to irritate. I am keeping an eye on Ithi absolutely, a lot of the game has revolved around her. But you are becoming just as visible, and when holding your posts up to the light man, they come off as argumentative and belligerent. And I know how you love big words :)

*tosses 2c on the table*

Wow Ithi.... Sooooo much misinformation there. I'll try to respond to everything I saw

- When was the last time you saw people talking about team Rocket? Page 5? 10 even? People weren't talking about that nearly as much as you make it seem

- You were parading around the two teams thing, looked like you were trying to gain town credit to me

- You were also acting like it was CONFIRMED that there were two teams, when it wasn't yet.

- You keep saying the canon and OP made it clear that there would be two teams, but the OP could have just been flavor, and there are a TON of other themes that you could argue could have two mafia teams, not just this one. You seemed convinced, and that leads to my next point:

- Why leave out the MAIN reason I called you out for saying there were two teams? I thought that you might have guessed that there were two teams because you're on a mafia team and looked at tour teams numbers and then the OP, and there you have it. Its not so much the info itself that was suspicious, its how you might have gotten it.

- If I thought there might have been a diff mechanic like two mafia teams or something, I might have subtly put the idea out there, to see who leapt on it. That might have given me a good idea of who already "knew" there were two teams. I also might have kept it to myself, since game setup discussion early on can often be bad for town as it lets mafia manipulate more easily.

- I was never "Yay" about you finding out Poochyenya was used by both teams. Since I don't know flavor all that well, I'm not really going by pokemon claims all that much this game.

- Once again, its not that I think suggesting info which might be useful for town is bad, its the way you went about it. You paraded it about in a way that made me think you were sure of there being two teams, and that you were trying to gain town credit

- I don't remember telling you to Google it.... If anything the only thing I remember of that sort was that I complemented your google-fu in a way and said that you could easily find any info you were looking for that could help you out in a claim or something

- No, I didn't Google the gen 3 pokemon story. Since I know nothing about it, I have an advantage in a small way. I won't be influenced by someone using canon to argue their way out of a lynch or something. Last pokemon game I was mafia, and researched my pokemon. Found out it had been used by Rocket, but also by Santa in a Christmas episode. I claimed my actual pokemon and wifomed my way out of a couple of lynches. BG ended up foiling me. Point is, unless I was an expert, or at least well-versed, in the world of pokemon, reading up on any canon might actually be detrimental for me because it could cause me to doubt a read on someone later or something. I have nothing against others looking into canon for hints as to what we might end up seeing, I'm gonna focus on gameplay

- If someone else other than you had submitted the idea of two teams, I would have been wary of them. If they had paraded the information around as if it was confirmed, I would have called them out on it just like I did you. Don't play the victim.

Archived