DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia III: The Treasure of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TOWN WIN

Aiel Heart

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't take looking at flavor in an OP to realize you might have a second team running about.

In Alanna's WoT game, I was mafia, and there were only 3 on our team. Game had like 20 players I believe. I correctly deduced that there was a second team literally in moments of joining the mafia qt.

And setting up lynches, especially on such a wide pool of players, can definitely be looked at as scummy. I've linked players before, and said how player X's alignment would make me think ______ about player Y's alignment, but that's really only assuming you'll see a flip first that can help you determine. Looking more than one day in the future isn't very smart IMO because WAY too much can happen before then, information can surface which completely changes the way you think about several players.

What you did was make a faint assumption that RTE IS in fact town, and that ALL of the people defending him might be scum. In fact Turin did something similar to this recently, he went through and made huge WoT cases including everyone (he says) that was defending RTE. Again, given that we (at least town, that is) don't KNOW RTE's alignment, setting up so many links is a little ridiculous. Should RTE eventually flip scum, y'all could argue that people defending him were his teammates, or another mafia team that thought he was town. Were he to flip town, y'all can both argue that all those defending him were doing so because they're mafia trying to gain town cred by defending a townie.

But ... for all I knew there could have been 1 really big team. Why would I think there could be two? We have lots of big games here, and this would be only the second one I have seen that would have 2 teams.

That you think it would be obvious just from the numbers is suspect - especially as you have previously stated you will not believe such a thing unless it is mod confirmed in coroners' reports. Do you know how many are on each mafia team?

And of course anything can be used to mean anything ... or are you the only one who can have ideas about what people are up to this game? It is a truth that Mafia Team Members often defend beleagured Town, so they can gain Town Cred at a later point. Also there is the option that they did not want to be seen to be taking a position so that they could later reluctantly vote that persion for consolidation.

You seem very unhappy that these possibilities could even be being considered.

*foreheadslap*

Assuming you WERE mafia in the game, you'd know fromthe ccomparatively small numbers of your own team that there were two mafia teams, or at the very least another strong anti-town presence besides the mafia team. A little looking into theme material would seem to confirm it for you, in this game.

I DON'T think its obvious there are two teams, because I'm not mafia and don't have any idea what the numbers are. And its def not confirmed that there are two mafia teams until we've seen relevant coroner info or a statement from the mod confirming it.

And its def plausible that a mafioso would defend a beleaguered town (my it sure us interesting how quickly you've flipped concerning your "read" on RTE's alignment lol). But the entirety of a whole team of mafia, much less two, all coming down on the same side of an issue is beyond foolish.

It doesn't take looking at flavor in an OP to realize you might have a second team running about.

In Alanna's WoT game, I was mafia, and there were only 3 on our team. Game had like 20 players I believe. I correctly deduced that there was a second team literally in moments of joining the mafia qt.

And setting up lynches, especially on such a wide pool of players, can definitely be looked at as scummy. I've linked players before, and said how player X's alignment would make me think ______ about player Y's alignment, but that's really only assuming you'll see a flip first that can help you determine. Looking more than one day in the future isn't very smart IMO because WAY too much can happen before then, information can surface which completely changes the way you think about several players.

What you did was make a faint assumption that RTE IS in fact town, and that ALL of the people defending him might be scum. In fact Turin did something similar to this recently, he went through and made huge WoT cases including everyone (he says) that was defending RTE. Again, given that we (at least town, that is) don't KNOW RTE's alignment, setting up so many links is a little ridiculous. Should RTE eventually flip scum, y'all could argue that people defending him were his teammates, or another mafia team that thought he was town. Were he to flip town, y'all can both argue that all those defending him were doing so because they're mafia trying to gain town cred by defending a townie.

But ... for all I knew there could have been 1 really big team. Why would I think there could be two? We have lots of big games here, and this would be only the second one I have seen that would have 2 teams.

That you think it would be obvious just from the numbers is suspect - especially as you have previously stated you will not believe such a thing unless it is mod confirmed in coroners' reports. Do you know how many are on each mafia team?

And of course anything can be used to mean anything ... or are you the only one who can have ideas about what people are up to this game? It is a truth that Mafia Team Members often defend beleagured Town, so they can gain Town Cred at a later point. Also there is the option that they did not want to be seen to be taking a position so that they could later reluctantly vote that persion for consolidation.

You seem very unhappy that these possibilities could even be being considered.

*foreheadslap*

Assuming you WERE mafia in the game, you'd know fromthe ccomparatively small numbers of your own team that there were two mafia teams, or at the very least another strong anti-town presence besides the mafia team. A little looking into theme material would seem to confirm it for you, in this game.

I DON'T think its obvious there are two teams, because I'm not mafia and don't have any idea what the numbers are. And its def not confirmed that there are two mafia teams until we've seen relevant coroner info or a statement from the mod confirming it.

And its def plausible that a mafioso would defend a beleaguered town (my it sure us interesting how quickly you've flipped concerning your "read" on RTE's alignment lol). But the entirety of a whole team of mafia, much less two, all coming down on the same side of an issue is beyond foolish.

Then maybe the mafia are foolish. It does happen. Just take a look at the recent LotR game that just happened.

The cake would be an apology.

To say sorry.

For being wrong.

You would have to buddy up to me, for being wrong.

I may or may not accept the cake, depending on the flavour.

If I was wrong, I wouldn't have to buddy up to anyone. Suspicion and paranoia are part of the game, you have thick enough skin to realize that.

That last sentence is somewhat condescending BTW. At the very least it had a fairly arrogant tone.

The cake would be an apology.

To say sorry.

For being wrong.

You would have to buddy up to me, for being wrong.

I may or may not accept the cake, depending on the flavour.

If I was wrong, I wouldn't have to buddy up to anyone. Suspicion and paranoia are part of the game, you have thick enough skin to realize that.

That last sentence is somewhat condescending BTW. At the very least it had a fairly arrogant tone.

There's some cakes I simply don't like. I'm not a big baked pie fan. Chocolate is always ok.

You are funny.

I don't really like carrot cake either.

There should not be veggies in cake. Cake should not attempt to be healthy.

This is all besides the point though yes, but because I am not what you said I feel compelled to explain.

Perhaps I should use more smileys ...

Someone asked me what I feel about RTE and his train. I don´t know. I keep changing my mind. The spam was annoying but it doesn´t show that he is town or mafia. He is contradictory. One moment he says he wants to try a new game style but then he wants people to look at his meta to know he is playing like town. One moment he is giving up and asks people to lynch him and then he tries to defend himself. 

I´m very suspicious about Ithi. Basically I agree with Des´s arguments and then there is a feeling that I can´t explain. She and Player were there with RTE in the beginning and definitely added to the post count by telling us 100 ways how to find RTE is scum. She is more rude than she use to be. And a bit contradictory with her hate for spam and now all the latest cake posts. She has tunnelled on RTE and  I guess that my suspicion of Ithi makes me think RTE is town, but if  we do have two mafia teams then that means nothing. Turin can put me on the list for I don´t know about RTE. 

Still want to lynch Darthe. Very untownie to lie like that. 

Also suspicious of Maddy as I have said before. 

Hmm... To be completely honest I don't know who I think is mafia, I think that ithi is mafia. I also think that RTE is NOT mafia, as he seems quite obviously frontal, I think he is town and is merely trying to muddy the waters and get everyone confused. Then again I have been quite of with deductive reasoning lately so I would not trust my judgement!

Conflicting post is conflicted.

You say you don't know who you think is Mafia - then you say you think I am Mafia - which is it?

THEN you say you think RTE is Town - because he is trying to muddy the waters and get everyone confused?

Please explain why a Town would want to muddy and confuse everyone? What is the benefit in this to Town?

I have met a lot of people who like to do this, as I am new I should probably not be assuming RTE is one and I apologise. The basic idea of pretending to be mafia when not and getting people confused is an interesting role to take in this game. You cannot also dissmiss the fact that RTE may have been PM'ed by a mafia member and asked to do this for reasons yet unknown- again jumping to conclusions and a very radical at that. As for my posts being contradictory, I honestly have been slightly put off by the constant quoting of other posts, so I may have just skimmed a large majority of the quoted posts- again a bad mistake. My thoughts on Ithi as being mafia is purely a stab in the dark (pardon the pun), I know I cannot hide behind the shield of being new but I really am a bit confused. But then again, reading into the smallest details can sometimes distract you from the big picture...

Hmm... To be completely honest I don't know who I think is mafia, I think that ithi is mafia. I also think that RTE is NOT mafia, as he seems quite obviously frontal, I think he is town and is merely trying to muddy the waters and get everyone confused. Then again I have been quite of with deductive reasoning lately so I would not trust my judgement!

You say you don't know who you think is Mafia - then you say you think I am Mafia - which is it?

THEN you say you think RTE is Town - because he is trying to muddy the waters and get everyone confused?

Please explain why a Town would want to muddy and confuse everyone? What is the benefit in this to Town?

I have met a lot of people who like to do this, as I am new I should probably not be assuming RTE is one and I apologise. The basic idea of pretending to be mafia when not and getting people confused is an interesting role to take in this game. You cannot also dissmiss the fact that RTE may have been PM'ed by a mafia member and asked to do this for reasons yet unknown- again jumping to conclusions and a very radical at that. As for my posts being contradictory, I honestly have been slightly put off by the constant quoting of other posts, so I may have just skimmed a large majority of the quoted posts- again a bad mistake. My thoughts on Ithi as being mafia is purely a stab in the dark (pardon the pun), I know I cannot hide behind the shield of being new but I really am a bit confused. But then again, reading into the smallest details can sometimes distract you from the big picture...

Well this is interesting. Do you think he has been told to do this by the Mafia. Where have you got this idea from?

and that reminds me, Maddy still has not advised her source for advance Mafia Terminology and posting techniques.

I think that maybe some players may be taking this outside this game, as far as I know as long as it is not discussed publicaly or with non player it is okay? I have ABSOLUTELY no proof to back this claim, I just this people should keep it in mind...

You are NOT allowed to discuss a live Mafia Game outside the Game Thread unless given another channel of communication via the MOD. These would be the Mafia team/teams and possible Masons/neighbours (just talking in general here ok). Any PM communication would use the MOD as a middle person. The MOD has to be involved in all communications unless they have advised this is an open game - which it is not.

Again, why do you think this is the case? Why would you say such a thing? Why do you think that RTE is being directed to play in a certain way? What has made you draw this conclusion?

You think RTE is town pretending to be mafia? Or RTE is being controlled my mafia? Do I understand that correct? 

That's right Mafia Peoples - just cos someone isn't on your Team doesn't mean that they are Town. Time to re-align your thinking and stop being so worried about sitting on the fence - because you might just get one of the other mafia team and look like a regular hero.

Isn't that right Time?

not right because I'm not mafia... and I'm not worried about sitting on the fence, I'm trying to get good information and not just blunder into something without looking at it first...

and what Darthe's been saying pings for me and something about his play doesn't feel right to me... yes, he's very direct in basically every game, but something about his play this game feels off...

vote Darthe

I missed a lot. Vote Darthe. Come on that fake claim wasincredibly unnecessary. It seems like he was trying to stall the RTE train by whatever means necessary, reinforcing the idea that they might be working together. And then saying it was a fake claim when it started getting too hot. And then saying that what four? people were definately town? Thw only people who know other people are town, are mafia. I think hes the best option for a lynch today. I know absolutely nothing about pokemon but someone pointed out that the one he claimed is typically bad(?) which only adds to the reason to lynch him.

RTEs change in playing style is disturbing too. As if hes trying to undo the damage and lay low for a bit. Hm.

A few pages back I thibk was Despo asked whi I had Ithi on my list of people to lynch if I thought she was town. You misunderstood what I said, I believe. I said that I think todays lynch will be between Darthe Ithi and RTE (as in one of thise three will be lynched today) and since i had a town read on Ithi i will naturally be voting for one of the other two.

Her recent almost buddyingness towards Despo and insitance that both mafia teams decided to defend RTE to get townie cred is odd though. It makes sense for one team to defend him if hes mafia and on theur team, but not if both did. What made you come to that conclusion?

Also Im still a bit suspicuiis of Tina. Her imediate unvote and vote after Darthe announced his fake claim seemed a little bit too quick considering that she voted for Ithi as soon as Darthe gave his 'readng'

Btw Im not lurking, Im genuinly not around or am too exhausted to think properly. In a few days I shall have my computer back and be around a whole lot more.

And id like to say something about fense sitting. What exactly does it mean? That you dont have a definate opinion about someone? I dont see how thays a bad thing as I bet no one has an opinion of everyone. And opinions change as the game progresses. So is it better to just remain silent about the things you arent sure of?

I am adding Maddy to my suspicious list. First she plays in a way which makes me doubt that she is a newbie to mafia games but I know for a fact that this is her first mafia game. Someone points this out and the thing that she could be mafia and has teammates to help her. After that she goes all quiet. Suspicious behaviour. If she had nothing to hide then there was no need for her to be quiet.

And I forgot to vote Darthe in my last so unvote, vote Darthe .

Archived