DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia III: The Treasure of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TOWN WIN

Aiel Heart

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if I'm reading that correctly, Chuckles, you think that Darthe is mafia because he lied about having an investigative role and tried to get people to follow him on his fake viewing on Ithi by insinuating that not following a cop view like that is scummy. Then came out and listed who he said was town, scum, and unknown based on who reacted and how to that lie. Is that correct?

and the fact that his timing fit perfectly with when everyone was on RTE train or going on it
Who are you voting for atm? Are you voting Darthe?

This post seems to say you are unhappy with Darthe for intentionally interrupting the RTE Lynch. This means you think the RTE Lynch was a good thing. His Lynch was something that Darthe was willing to try and stop. Ergo - you should be voting for the person that you think Darthe was trying to save - which is RTE.

Otherwise you need a new reason for voting darthe lol

I dont mind a RTE or Darthe lynch, currently i prefer we run up darthe and see what comes up
Why? What do you think will come up?

more crap from darthe, but i wanna see who else is willing to risk themselves for darthe

You not interested in who will risk themselves for RTE? Is that because anyone who is likely to has already done so? And you KNOW this?

If you think they both Mafia and Darthe was distracting to protect RTE - why the hell would anyone defend him? He is doing exactly what he is supposed to be doing - according to your own reasoning.

You have a bad case of 'trying to make it sound reasonable logic but failing' I'm afraid.

Dap, I was buying darthe's initial claim. Once he admitted it was a fake I put him down as mafia because it appears that the purpose of the whole plot was to relieve pressure from RTE. Therefore RTE is more important to the mafia team than Darthe. For me it is a matter of not giving the mafia what they want.

I have RTE as mafia so my thoughts are running that way.

Despo, we have no proof that AH will colour the different teams in different colours on their coroner reports. It is completely her choice. Rand didn't do it in the hobbit but Basel did in ww2. So there may.never be confirmation for town of two teams.

im very very bad at explaining myself and more so online and the fact that you're twisting my words, i didnt say i wasnt interested in those who defended RTE, but it'll be better to see who defended whom, when and how, after his lynch 

ive had the same thoughts as turin, i think RTE must have a really important role, darthe did the same thing last game as mafia...

So if I'm reading that correctly, Chuckles, you think that Darthe is mafia because he lied about having an investigative role and tried to get people to follow him on his fake viewing on Ithi by insinuating that not following a cop view like that is scummy. Then came out and listed who he said was town, scum, and unknown based on who reacted and how to that lie. Is that correct?

and the fact that his timing fit perfectly with when everyone was on RTE train or going on it
Who are you voting for atm? Are you voting Darthe?

This post seems to say you are unhappy with Darthe for intentionally interrupting the RTE Lynch. This means you think the RTE Lynch was a good thing. His Lynch was something that Darthe was willing to try and stop. Ergo - you should be voting for the person that you think Darthe was trying to save - which is RTE.

Otherwise you need a new reason for voting darthe lol

I dont mind a RTE or Darthe lynch, currently i prefer we run up darthe and see what comes up
Why? What do you think will come up?

more crap from darthe, but i wanna see who else is willing to risk themselves for darthe
You not interested in who will risk themselves for RTE? Is that because anyone who is likely to has already done so? And you KNOW this?

If you think they both Mafia and Darthe was distracting to protect RTE - why the hell would anyone defend him? He is doing exactly what he is supposed to be doing - according to your own reasoning.

You have a bad case of 'trying to make it sound reasonable logic but failing' I'm afraid.

I didn't twist anything ... but I see how you are trying to make out that I did. Making the person who points out your errors seem to be bad is a great way to try and hide them.

you only said you were interested in who would defend Darthe.

You didn't mention RTE at all. Even though I pointed out the flaw in your argument several times in the previous posts quoted in here.

im very very bad at explaining myself and more so online and the fact that you're twisting my words, i didnt say i wasnt interested in those who defended RTE, but it'll be better to see who defended whom, when and how, after his lynch

ive had the same thoughts as turin, i think RTE must have a really important role, darthe did the same thing last game as mafia...

You didn't say that at all. Please read your actual posts.

Pooch is a team Aqua pokemon. Darthe is pooch. Easy peasy.

the post Ithi made had the pooches on both bad teams. At least I think so. Do you know something more BG?

Oh, didn't see that. I didn't read the whole thing as it was really long and I don't have lots of time on weekends. Got to where it said team Aqua used them skimmed the rest and posted my thoughts. Team Aqua, Team Magma, Team Rocket... Doesn't matter to me, mafia is mafia. Multiple mafia just means that it's harder to tell who's town cause scum can scumhunt too.

Interesting turn of events. Going to bed right now but before I do:

Unvote. Vote Darthe. I feel he's on one of the teams, especially with that Pokemon.

Still suspicious of chuckles though who has started tripping on his words. Least he's back on his meta.

Also, quickly, I was wrong for saying Ithi defended the most and making a point of it as she had a view claim against her.

I only said I think she has a PR because I believe the big majority do. I understand that isn't the case but I like to think an experimental game has a very high role ratio. Didn't say that to compromise her as I approach everyone in this game as though they are playing with a PR in anything but a basic game when I'm vanilla.

Town should Lynch whomever will provide the most info. Based on our idea of two teams and Darthe's claim we'll get more insight on the possibility of multiple scum teams and if characters are tied to alignment.

@suchmadness and Hisoka: I know that you are both new players and so I will advise you to read the following topic where Peace and many other DM Mafia players have compiled a lot of tips on how to play:
http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/76259-new-player-tips-to-getting-up-to-speed-in-a-mafia-game-quickly/
Also make sure to check out the Wiki and look up the popular roles so you will know better what’s going on in the game:
wiki.mafiascum.net

So much suspicion... And so many leads to trace... More info people... Also I can't bold and red my votes on my phone, and I do not have access to a computer... What can I do?

You can vote on your phone by manually coding:

[color=#ff0000][b]Vote.[/b][/color]

So because I have been away for a day I will just comment on the things I have promised to do:

That makes this whole interaction all the weirder

Ithi's mafia.

Unvote vote Ithi

So Darthe states that ithi is mafia
No mention of cop viewings or anything

Ithi's mafia.Unvote vote Ithi

No I'm not.

Ithi defends
(Darthe if you call someone mafia with no case they will respond with no case lol)

Ithi's mafia.

Unvote vote Ithi

An explanation would be very helpful.

Now it gets fun

Cloud gets suspicious

And look who appears

Ithi's mafia.

Unvote vote Ithi

Silly rabbit. Role-fishing is for scum.

Role fishing is what he calls it
And lots of people thought that was weird. Know why? Cos it was day one and there are very rarely viewings (I mean like never) on day one

So at this point lets look at the facts. RTE gets heat
Darthe starts defending him a bit
RTE sets up that there might be day one viewings or other instant roles

Golly this is fun

For the sake of interest cloud and ithi both have very similar arguments (be it valid)

Role-fishing for results on Day 1? 

@Ithi: I have a nul read on you so far, and I would like to hear Darthe's opinion on why he is convinced that you are mafia and doesn't say anything else about RTE for example.

Cloud doubts day one viewings (I'm pretty sure I did say something like that too)

Silly RTE ... It is Day 1
In fact it is Day 1 of Day 1
Explain why you feel Cloud is Rolefishing at this time?

And ithi alls calls out the credibility of such a thing

Silly RTE ... It is Day 1
In fact it is Day 1 of Day 1
Explain why you feel Cloud is Rolefishing at this time?

In an experimental game we don't know who receives info when. Soft role-fishing is still role-fishing. See Assassin's Creed Mafia for context.

And RTE finishes with a flourish. Setting up darthes claim for later neatly and with everything but the bow on top

Now Darthe why should I believe you when another player (who if you were telling the truth would be unable to know about this in anyway) set up this claim perfectly

Plus you claim it's 90% accurate? Setting up for this to be wrong and be backtrackable

Now I wouldn't believe your claim normally, but I would of guessed you were fishing for mafia and just having fun. HOWEVER someone else set this all up for you
You are clearly working with him, and that is damming IMO

First off I really liked this case from Dap when Darthe claimed to have used an instant investigative ability (with a 90% succes rate) on Ithi and said that he viewed her as scum; I personally wouldn't even be surprised if Darthe is scum because he does tend to use crazy gambits in the last few games he was mafia in.

Convenient that Darthe got an alleged viewing on me when RTE is in the spotlight. Also convenient it had a 10% failure possibility

I'm not Mafia. I'm a league trainer. My pokemon is Slakoth. It looks like a sloth.

You have to decide whether to test the viewing and lynch me. When I am town you have to decide if Darthe faked the view (and is Mafia) or if it was real and really did have a 10% fail rate (and is unfortunate Town).

He says my actions have convinced him that I am Mafia - but I don't see him trying too hard with the evidence.

Either way he's created a bag of mess to wade through and you might want to try clear it up early.

I still think RTE is our best chance of Lynching a Mafia today.

Out all day. Safari Park. I'd rather live btw - but I understand the implications.

I also think that Darthe's claim (which he now admitted was fake but for different reasons) was meant to keep the attention away from RTE. I have already explained in my previous posts why I think that RTE is mafia and I still stand by my vote on him. It looks like RTE was trying out a different more agressive strategy as mafia and it backfired on him; the votes kept coming in for him from the start of the game and Darthe had to step in to save him. Darthe also never explained what seemed off about Ithi's play and what warrented his "viewing" on her.

But turin, lynching RTE proves nothing is darthe is tellibg the truth
it only sheds light on a lyinng darthe

Darthe sheds light on RTE as mafia or itji as town. Hes a good info lynch

At this point people were debating who would be the best lynch option and Dap mentioned that Darthe's death would shed the most light on both RTE and Ithi, and that his death will provide the most info.

He's claiming that Ithii's pokemon is Poochyena a gen three growlithe which contradicted her claim of being a sloth aka vanilla town.

Plus Tina blows in and underline Darthe's claim just because he's Darthe.

This is getting twistier...

maddy, that was his own claim.....

Nope read it again. He claim that he had one time viewing of Ithii's pokemon. Why doesn't he claimed another more milder vanilla town pokemon for himself then, like Ithii did straight away.

unvote: vote chuckles aka lolguy.

Maddy seems a little lost to me, and I find that understandable since this is her first game and all, but later on she does make a few noticeable posts that I found to be pinging.

I can't really make sense of the post above, I know that she thought that Darthe viewed Ithi's Pokemon, but her explanation and then vote on Chuckles doesn't make much sense if you look at the context.

For throwing RED herring all over the place. focusing on Time who understandably is reserving judgement on the first day and waiting to see how the game evolved before making up her mind.

It is alright to be a fence sitter in imo on the first day.

Now he's going for Darthe...

Fence sitting is actually never helpful for town because it doesn't allow the other players to get a good read on you because you aren't commiting to anything, and can therefore still change your opinion if things become unfavorable for you. It is generally seen as scummy play no matter when someone does it.

well if I were mafia, i'd know who's town and who's not, so it would look pretty odd if everybody was going for him at top speed and i didn't... however, i am not mafia, so i don't know who is town and who's not so i have no way of knowing if it's mainly  mafia or town pushing for his lynch at this speed...

Beside she claimed that she's town which is more than you have done so far.
Fair enough she could flip at later time but at the moment my instinct says she's town.

People claim to be town all the time because claiming the contrary is suicide, and it doesn't tell anything about their allignment unless there is a Lie Detector in the game who can check if their statements are true or false.

Extremely busy night at work tonight, tried catching up towards the end but ran outta time. I have a ton of quotes saved however, should have time tonight to add more detailed thoughts.

For now, quick response to the biggest issues currently under debate:

RTE is a poor lynch today. Lynching him wouldn't hurt town at all, since his play has been awful and he claimed vanilla, but gathering info from a lynch like his would be pretty challenging. A speedlynch on him would be even worse, which is what I saw a few pushing for a bit. Day 1 is for info gathering people.

As for Darthe's claim, I don't like it. Personally my theory right now is that he's the GF and was trying to attract a cop viewing as early as possible. The percentage thing fits with the last game a bit, but then again Darthe could have easily researched the roles from the last couple of games, and that's easily something I could see Darthe doing. Plus, the one shot thing is too convenient imo, and the point about RTE setting up the claim is interesting, even if I'm not completely sold on it. Either way, if he truly is town, then there's a 10% chance we could end up with two straight town lynches, and not much info gained from either most likely. So for that reason for now I'm ignoring the claim.

As for who I think we SHOULD lynch today, my best scum reads right now are on Cloud, Chuckles, and SuchMadness. Cloud overjustified his vote on RTE, and pushed for his lynch too hard imo. He's also been lying low for a bit since Darthe's claim if I'm not mistaken. Chuckles has had some really bad cases so far, he's def been reaching a few times, and has been tunneling on Time. I will say however, that it's possible that his play just always looks scummy to me, I can't remember the last time (if ever) that I played with him and didn't think he was scummy.

That being said, Unvote, Vote SuchMadness

Sigh... Suchmad is completely new? Didn't know that.

Unvote, Vote Cloud.

I really like your play so far, but I have to disagree with you on RTE being a poor lynch. I really think that he is mafia based on his gameplay and meta, and my gut is screaming at me to lynch him and because of that I have been pushing so hard for his lynch. I also think that there will be a lot of good info from his death because a lot of players have given their opinion regarding him possibly being scum or not, and not to mention the whole thing with Darthe.

Well this went wonderfully, ya'll!

I saw an RTE train with little chance of another push elsewhere in the day and realized that that was bad mojo for a game that the mod has defined as experimental, so I fake claimed a viewing on someone who was suspect of me.

Here is what I now know:

Ithi, Suchmadness, TG, and Dap are town.

Turin is mafia (when does turin not defend Ithi if he has a chance to believe she is town (hence my 10% wrong thing))

BG looks interesting.

You can all stop voting her now.

Here Darthe reveals that his reveal was fake and that he did it to make better use of Day 1 and allow more trains to happen. He says that he fake claimed the viewing on Ithi because she was suspect of him, but later says that she was suspect to him. Either way I believe that he has yet to explain what he found suspect to be suspect, and why he targeted her for his fake viewing so to speak. I agree with Despo (?) who mentioned that his list of townies is unrealistic (and not to mention that he put TG on there too, lol). I still think that he is more likely mafia, and his second reveal hasn't changed much about that.

This is what I think happened.

RTE got made Mafia Godfather and made the usual 1st time GF mistake of think woo hoo! I'm untouchable and then started with all the confusion sowing and wifoming he could possibly do - plus destroying any actual game content. He did this without he team knowing about it - cos they american. And then they wake up and go, what the! Omg dood you like totally got Ithi's Eye of Sauron locked on you and she's like totally terrierising you! And then Darthe rolls up in the QT and twirls his moustache and says that it's ok because he's got a cunning plan. He will fake claim an instant view on me - but include a plausible denial clause - and whoomp! Attention totally distracted from RTE.

Apart from RTE was clumsy and signposted the plot.

So. Well done. Nice plan.

I'd still rather Lynch RTE though - you don't get a major plot brought in to save the behind of a goon.

I don’t know about the GF part, but I can agree with the rest of your post :laugh:

That info inncludes naming someone not in the game town (you seem to of mossed that when someone else pointed it out)

Yeah this made it also look like he had just pulled it out of his hat.

Yes Tina I use 'big words' in rl. This is the way I think because I learned English from reading the dictionary and LoRT. It's actually an effort for me to think of smaller words when the words I'm using is more concise. I wont apologise for it and I don't care if that makes me sound like a wanker.

That being said playing this game really reminds me of Midsomer Night Murder and it's English show set in a village where the most innocent and innocous person could be hiding a secret that would derail the town. As I said before I feel like Columbus the bumbling the detective. That doesn't mean I'm confused however merely questioning other's motives is not being confused. I'm winnowing down the chaff to find the kernel of truth.

So far I think Dap, Time, Despothera and BG is town. I can't read subterfuge on BG's text. He's pretty straight forward to me. While being a fence sitter can irk some people is not actually a crime and it's still early days yet so I stand by Time's prerogative to witheld her vote.

I am I'm unsure about Ithii's motives however. As she said claiming to be town is not a town makes. By this argument the more she claimed to be town the more I looked at her with my beady eyed squint.

Turin I'm pretty sure is mafia. More gameplaying will tell however.

As for Darthe he proved to be a liar and admitted to lying just to get another person's motivation. However I also did this when it comes to chuckles. I want to see which way he flips.

RTE just paint himself too convinient a target for me that's why I'm reluctant to go with this easy option.

Care to explain why you think that Dap, Time, Despo and BG are town? And why you think that Turin is mafia and if so why aren’t you voting for him then? You also don’t seem to be sure of Darthe, who is currently in the spotlight, and you now seem to think that RTE is town because he seems a too convenient target. I believe you have voted, and unvoted for RTE a couple of times already and you can’t seem to make up your mind about him. First timer or not, your play has been very scummy imo.

Muchmad , you realize you ramble a lto and say a lot of super random things? I kinda stop paying attention about half way through your posts.

Also the way you corrected your method of unvoting and voting RTE, makes me believe quite strongly you were coached.

This.

Yes it's part of my meta and to keep the game interesting for myself. This is my first game so I'm playing a rambly detective *shrug*

I also found it weird that she knew about meta and I don’t think anyone has explained it to her on thread. I think Darthe and RTE are trying to teach her a couple of things on their QT.

A lot has happened and there's been a lot of interesting discussions. Apart from the despo post I need to reread and a couple of the bigger cases I'm generally up to speed. Despite being in Belgium this coming week I'm not using it as any excuse. I'll work on a recap of thoughts as soon as I can.

Quick thoughts:

-Such is new and that makes me consider her play thus far in a different light. Based on DM unwritten rules (noob pass) I'll only start giving her a hard time tomorrow but her posting has been interesting.

-Turin is on his meta but much less aggressive than the LotR game. Take from that what you will.

-Town read on Despo but never played with him as scum.

-Null read on Chuckles thus far

-Dap is playing his usual game as far as I can tell. But he does that regardless of alignment. Nothing since the initial exchanges with Ithi have come across as scummy but those are worth bearing in mind.

-Of all the posting and reactions on the game Ithi's are the most interesting by far IMO. Hardest defending I've seen in a while.

-Darthe retracting his statement and naming people town makes his play look even more erratic than mine. Looks like a load of wifom but I like to think there's a method to the madness.

-Want to hear more from time, Cloud, Tina, Darthe

If I didn't include someone they haven't been very impressionable or active lately or I just forgot. Some big names have been relatively inactive thus far and I'd like to see them get into the game. Anyone find it odd how Luci popped in, made no indication she had caught up to the game or read it and voted me, even though I've never posted in the same thread as her? I smell a QT.

Getting off the bus! To the tube!

I bolded RTE's statement regarding Darthe who I think is also scum. He mentions that he finds his play to be very erratic, but he thinks there is a reasoning behind it.

The vote for RTE is good for information too. Far better than the vote on Darthe. RTE has more votes - he also has more people who have actually come out and defended him - with reasons from 'I think he is acting scummy but he's not scum' 'anti-town doesn't mean he is not Town' 'I don't think a mafia would be that obvious' and all the rest.

There are a LOT of opinions about RTE in this game and that will give us a lot to work with if he flips Mafia. And I think he will.

All the plots, defendings, fake claims have all served to do one thing. Take the attention away from RTE.

Who has now decided to be all quiet and not be all spamtastic anymore - even though it was the funnest thing ever.

He got told to shut up - so his team could fix it.

We should Lynch him.

I agree.

So I have caught up to here. I still like my vote on RTE. I know I have mostly talked about Darthe and RTE so far, and I will make sure to post my thoughts regarding the other players tomorrow.

I still don't like the way that Chuckles pounced all over Time when she checked in and explained why she didn't want to vote RTE at that moment, making up a very weak case to justify his pouncing all over her.  However, given the way today has progressed, it's going to be have to be shelved for now.

Notice how RTE has chilled way out and is now trying to be low profile and not as erratic or in the spotlight.  It's such a drastic change from his spammy and aggressive approach taken just a couple of days and several pages ago.  Why the sudden change in behavior?  Perhaps he's hoping that his scum buddy Darthe will take the fall for him.  The fact that RTE set up Darthe's fake claim perfectly and the fact that Darthe went through with such a wild scheme tells me that that there's something working between them.  And, given that Darthe tried to stall the RTE train, I'm putting my vote back up on RTE to try and reignite this thing.  Because if RTE is worth pulling a crazy scheme like that over, he's got to be central to the scum team's plans. Unvote, vote: RTE.

With a lynch on RTE, we can get an idea about why Darthe tried to stall RTE's lynch and we can see why Despo is so much against lynching RTE today.  Plus, it gives a good litmus test for those who have commented one way or the other on this situation.  With so many opinions out there, his flip can give us a lot of information about those making those statements.

Also, quickly, I was wrong for saying Ithi defended the most and making a point of it as she had a view claim against her.

I only said I think she has a PR because I believe the big majority do. I understand that isn't the case but I like to think an experimental game has a very high role ratio. Didn't say that to compromise her as I approach everyone in this game as though they are playing with a PR in anything but a basic game when I'm vanilla.

Town should Lynch whomever will provide the most info. Based on our idea of two teams and Darthe's claim we'll get more insight on the possibility of multiple scum teams and if characters are tied to alignment.

I'm sure we had a very similAr argument a few games ago. Why of why would you bring up the fact you think she is a PR. especially since you did it once this game and got called out.

Just cos you think there are a hight percentage it PRs in a game doesn't mean you should try and point them out

Try dress it up as you didn't do it to companies her, but the fact is, if she were to have some kind of PR your post did just that.

Also note the use of "our" in the latter part when talking about two teams. Love how he is trying to get in on that trying to make it took like he was part of proactively trying to figure out if there are two teams or not

And finally the last sentence. I nice little push that characters might not be tied to alignment

I really think that town should lynch the mafia but for the sake of argument RTE who do you think provides the most information? You don't clearly state who that would be. Also What do you have to say about what Dap mentioned about the teams situation.

@Dap- Hisoka probably thanked cloud for explaining the code thing since he didn't knew the code from phone.

@Hisoka- can you post your thoughts on who do you think is mafia?

I think it is more probable than not to have two mafia team. Weren't Team Rocket also in the episodes with Team Aqua and Team Magma? (I am not sure and too lazy to check now) though Team Rocket's role became less important.

Archived