DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia III: The Treasure of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TOWN WIN

Aiel Heart

You know what? I'm just going to keep changing my vote to either Darthe or RTE, whoever posts closest. Everything that comes out of either is just...

mafia. Scrambling, clinging to scraps mafia.

(Vote changing talk at the top of the post is a sarcastic comment by the way. Just to be sure  :wink: )

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah yes, my bleeding heart :dry:

When asked how I knew why Darthe voted you I sarcastically replied I had a PR where I could pm people to find out why they were voting a certain way. I followed it up with saying my Pokemon was Abra. Nice attention to detail there.

Everyone got that it was sarcasm except for you apparently. Or you believe that I do in fact possess that PR?

Quite a few people have mentioned that you gave a 'fake claim'

Again ... how was that a pro-town move? Why would you purposefully give out false information?

RTE I think the behaviors you have displayed all game, the tone and language, and the actions themselves are all incredibly stupid or scummy, take your pick. Based on that, and my continuing distrust of you, I'm happy to lynch. 

How am I possibly going to be able to believe anything else you say in this game?

Same goes for Darthe actually. Zero credibility left, regardless of how this day shakes out.

Ah yes, my bleeding heart :dry:

When asked how I knew why Darthe voted you I sarcastically replied I had a PR where I could pm people to find out why they were voting a certain way. I followed it up with saying my Pokemon was Abra. Nice attention to detail there.

Everyone got that it was sarcasm except for you apparently. Or you believe that I do in fact possess that PR?

Yea there is actually a role kinda like that where you can send PMs to a player through the MOD. Usually mafia associated but I've been it as town before

Anyway your claim was sarcastic IMO

Doesn't really do much to defend you Against the rest of your game though

And as someone with experience and based on my last two games as mafia you and anyone else who takes 5 minutes to check should know better.

Second one was in response to Dap but a general message to everyone.

How many times do you have someone whose last two (3 if you count DPR game) games were scum and you could go look if you weren't so daft? You think you could at least use that to your advantage

Just cos your most recent games were as mafia doesn't mean going back to check anymore helpful. I've checked people's games from months before to check meta stuff before

Doesn't mean I base a whole game off it

Anyway didnt you make some comment at the start of this that your last game you played "a great town game" but got lynched anyway so you might as well do something different?

Yea I'm oretty sure you did

So you yourself are saying at that point that your meta is useless cos you were changing it this game

Also you were mafia that game

And you got lynched for it

Not the best town game...

On a sidenote if character claims thus far have been real then it appears everyone is a third gen Pokemon. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pikachu though.

Setting up a fake claim for someone else?

Also if you are town this can be viewed as a borderline policy lynch

Also RTE ... don't blame other people for the situation you now find yourself in. You decided that you would have fun creating confusion and delaying the game and then messing about with claims.

And now we should look up your meta and use that to explain that actually you are not just being completely selfish and anti town - but are actually Town?

If it were not you that had done this, how would you be reacting to such a player? Ask yourself if it was really worth all the 'fun'.

I do hope you are Mafia. I really do. No Town would play like this and think it was ok.

RTE I think the behaviors you have displayed all game, the tone and language, and the actions themselves are all incredibly stupid or scummy, take your pick. Based on that, and my continuing distrust of you, I'm happy to lynch.

How am I possibly going to be able to believe anything else you say in this game?

Same goes for Darthe actually. Zero credibility left, regardless of how this day shakes out.

I think I stopped playing that game a while ago.

Before I lose connection consider this: after Darthe rescinded his claim and his statement that Ithi is scum, he claimed town RB and said that (iirc) 4 people were town. Not maybe. That they were town.

In even the most unlikely of circumstances that he is a town RB with unlimited shots and can use them any time, how would he have vetted 4 people as an RB? RB don't receive feedback after submitting their actions and most people can't use theirs till night traditionally.

So what the hell is he on about?

He thought he could say we were Town, because he is on a Mafia Team. Thus felt safe in saying we were Town. Of course at least one of those names is probably one of his team mates.

And of course ... there is the possibility that others he named as Town are actually on the other Mafia team.

You understand right? Mafia can say people are Town, because they KNOW they are Town - and then include a non Town to help sneak them through the Game.

Apart from in this Game ... just cos someone isn't on your team don't mean they are Town.

Hopefully they will both track down and kill each other and then we will win. They certainly want to try and eliminate the other team to remove the chance that their own members could be NKd.

How am I possibly going to be able to believe anything else you say in this game?

I think I stopped playing that game a while ago.

Before I lose connection consider this: after Darthe rescinded his claim and his statement that Ithi is scum, he claimed town RB and said that (iirc) 4 people were town. Not maybe. That they were town.

In even the most unlikely of circumstances that he is a town RB with unlimited shots and can use them any time, how would he have vetted 4 people as an RB? RB don't receive feedback after submitting their actions and most people can't use theirs till night traditionally.

So what the hell is he on about?

He was hoping people would think he has analysed the voting patterns and reactions to get reads

Trying to make him look scummier by suggesting he was claiming multiple instant RBs is ludicrous

(I don't believe him or his fake reads but what you are suggesting is even worse lol)

I don't even care anymore about today at this point. You make it sound like I spilt all your milk because I spammed for a couple of pages. Also apparently my sarcastic fake claim caused so much distress in your lives. If there is any emo post I give you this one. I don't care. Just lynch me and better luck next game. What I meant is even though I was unsuccessful mafia my last couple of games, even if you try to change your meta would you go about doing it this stupidly and recklessly as mafia? Answer: No.

But honestly I don't care at this point. Funny thing is I only really annoyed Dap and Ithi enough that they won't shut up about it but as the other major posters it's getting old. Be done with it and take what you can from my lynch. I'll do better next time. Hell I won't even joke vote. Not worth this BS. You successfully killed spamming on day 1 in the BT of all places. Great success.

PS I'm aware of the PR to message through mods but to find out reasoning behind a vote? That doesn't even make sense...

*gives RTE his ball back*

BT or not. Mafia games are games. If players want to play then they shouldn't have to wade through pages of spam for spam's sake.

You really don't get that?

If we think about Meta - then even in the BT, people have been killing the spam quickly and getting on with playing. It is an improvement.

A Mafia Game is not a spam thread. You really need to get past your idea that it is. Or at least have listened to the OTHER PEOPLE PLAYING who said they didn't appreciate what you were doing.

Excessive spam is anti town. It gives the mafia a place to hide and not have to actively give thoughts or contribute. You can keep acting all hurt - but you chose to continue even after this was pointed out.

But feel free to keap moaning on and on and refusing to take responsibility for your own actions. I'm obviously a total meany head and it's all my fault.

Can we have an up to date vote count please - and a deadline reminder too?

Just under 4 days.

I am wondering about the mod's reasoning behind such a long day 1. With this in mind I propose we reach a lynch on real life day 6, to see if the day continues. There's no mention of a Lynch ending the phase in the rules. It is a Hammer game, yes, but that just means once the vote is reached, it's locked. No go-backsies. 

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20130627T23&p0=414&msg=Pokemon+Mafia+III+End+of+D1

I'm not annoyed by your fake claims. I was annoyed at your spam cos it looked like there was actual game play that you didn't want to deal with so you were spamming instead.

I don't mind if you spam day one when there isn't game play. However you were late to the party and there was gameplay

Ignoring it to spam is scummy

Would you of done the as recklessly and stupidly if you were mafia. In most people's opinion yes. It looks like you wanted to just come and spam and be around, but then the game started and you didn't want to take a stand, then it turned onto you and you were caught out and had a derp moment and didnt know what to do.

As for the claim. I know that you wouldn't have a role that let you ask people about secret voting reasons. It doesn't make sense as a role. I was just pointing out that there is a role that lets you send messages to other players

Now finally. This whole "I do not care. Lynch me." It's annoying and emo. If you are mafia or town, deal with the heat.

Also isnt Darthe ahead of you in numbers of votes?

Just under 4 days.

I am wondering about the mod's reasoning behind such a long day 1. With this in mind I propose we reach a lynch on real life day 6, to see if the day continues. There's no mention of a Lynch ending the phase in the rules. It is a Hammer game, yes, but that just means once the vote is reached, it's locked. No go-backsies. 

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20130627T23&p0=414&msg=Pokemon+Mafia+III+End+of+D1

If its a hammer game it ends the day

I've never seen it done otherwise

Also long days cos on DM, over a weekend, on day one usually takes 7 bloody days

Archived