DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

May Roll Call

Niniel

New month - new roll call. 5 points for signing. Post only once! 

I had the pleasure of meeting Brandon Sanderson at JordanCon. He is one of the few celebreties that I have wanted to meet. Do you have any celebrity that you would like to meet? Or do you have a story about when you met a celebrity? Tell us about it and you will get 5 additional points. 

The only celebrity that I really wanted to meet is unfortunately dead. Astrid Lindgren is a famous Swedish writer, who wrote many books for children. Some of them are known all over the world. Astrid Lindgren never forgot how it was to be a child and she understood children in a way that few adults do. It would have been great to talk to her about her writing. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here!

I got to meet Robert Englund at a convention once in Oklahoma City. I didn't get time to say much but he basically said

that he loved the Indian tacos served at Bricktown (a huge red brick around the river walk where all of the good places to

eat are). Got this:

4899_521908864534_199279_n.jpg

:happy:

Met Prince Phillip and got to speak to him...or he asked me a question I should say. I think my mum has the photo somewhere...

I don't really want to meet anyone famous, my idea of them in RL maybe ruined...haha

Nikon Here!

I've met a number of people I would consider celeb status. My most recent was Brandon Sanderson and Harriet McDougal. Brandon was awesome and loves his fans as much, if not more, than they do him. Harriet was the sweetest person and really enjoyed answering questions, telling stories and meeting the fans.  As for someone I would like to meet I'd have to say meeting J.K. Rowling would be interesting.

• Community Administrator

I'm here!

Like Tina, I met Brandon, Harriet, Maria, and Alan (as well as DM's Jason and Jenn, who are celebrities to me).  I've also met James Clemens (AKA James Rollins--New York Times bestselling author), and he put his arm around me for a photo!  *fan girl squeal*  At a function at ASU last year, the film director Werner Herzog walked right past me and my husband--we both nearly fainted just having him look our way.  At that same function, we sat in the row below Stephen Hawking!!!  He was probably about 10 feet from us!  I also got to shake hands with Roger Clyne (lead singer of Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers).  Oh, and the lead singer from the recently popular band Fun. was my next door neighbor growing up.  Wow, I've had more celebrity than I can handle.

That being said, I'd still like to meet Haruki Murakami, my tied-at-second-with-Brandon-Sanderson favorite author.

Closest I have come to meeting a truly famous actor would be a long time ago when my wife and I were visiting her cousin in Santa Monica. We were walking in the shopping district and Andie McDowell passed us on the street. It was summer and the boys were both wearing sunglasses, Which she commented on. (I guess you could say that her cousin is famous also, although I doubt anyone would recognize her name. She is a song writer/singer)

Oh and I went to the same High School as Cecil Fielder the baseball player. He was 3 years ahead of me but we did meet in practices on the football field.

• Community Administrator

Oh and I went to the same High School as Cecil Fielder the baseball player. He was 3 years ahead of me but we did meet in practices on the football field.

When I played Little League in elementary school, I was on the Detroit Tigers team, and Cecil Fielder was my favorite player.  :)

I have this thing with celebrities.  I love the idea of meeting them, but I know that when I do, I won't be able to think of a darn thing to say that is at all sensible.

Case in point - back in '95 Phoenix hosted the NBA all star game, and a lot of the associated hullabaloo was held at the convention center where I was working at the time as a receptionist.  The convention center was under renovation, and there was no way of locking down the administrative offices during the festivities because the press room was in the conference rooms in our office mezzanine, so the brass decided to have the receptionists work different shifts to make sure someone was manning the front desk to direct people.

I was working late one night with my coworker Leslie on the other desk... Nobody was calling, and not much was happening, so I was using my computer to type up a long letter to my best friend.  Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a group of people come out of the press room and congregate in front of my desk to wait for the elevator.  Leslie chatted with them pleasantly, and I looked up just in time to see Conan O'Brien standing directly in front of me.

"Oh my gosh!  That's Conan O'Brien!  I should say something!" I thought... and I opened my mouth but the only words that were coming to mind to say were "Oh my gosh! You're Conan O'Brien!"... and he already knew that.

So I said nothing.  And he left.

Archived