DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

White Ajah Murder Mystery: Who Killed Egwene?

Mashiara Sedai

Cocking an eyebrow, Logain looked over to Cadsuane As I said, I never even got a chance to meet with the Amyrlin. I thought she would be too frightened if I just showed up so I sent Gabrelle to set up a time. Find Gabrelle or Toveine--since they cannot lie--and ask them where they felt me through the Bond at the time of the murder. I was several floors away."

He then stalked forward alongside Moiraine, casting a glare at Elaida. "The way the Red Ajah handled me suggests improper use of the One Power. Moiraine is right, you are Black Ajah!"

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sarene stood and strode over to where Gawyn was standing, his hands resting on the hilt of his sword...

"We have yet to hear from Mat and Cadsuane. I would know their thoughts before we move on. Would you

agree to give them a bit more time to come forward?"

"Thank you for your consideration, Gaidin."

Cadsuane ran her shrewd gaze across the other suspects.  Squabbling, one big mess, but a very informative mess.  Despite what Rand al'Thor may have said, when and what she said was no concern to him.  They were all suspects, no matter their connections to the Amyrlin.  Friends could become enemies and even murderers in a blink of an eye.

"You had the 'Tower's best interests', Elaida?" Cadsuane said, cutting the woman a look.  "I believe that if you true had THOSE in mind, you wouldn't have dissolved an entire Ajah and set the rest of the Ajahs against each other.  I think the strangulation marks on the child's neck and the tattered Amyrlin's stole are very telling of why she was killed.  I think you hold a grudge, one that you won't even admit to yourself.  There are ways to convince oneself of lies without stripping oneself of the Three Oaths.  I also think that if there was a vial sitting on the floor like that, it would have been noticed far sooner than just now after the child has moved into your former office.  As far as the forkroot...  Phaw!  I believe that it has been mentioned beforehand that everyone in this room is familiar with its purpose.  And let's all agree to not mention the Three Oaths and the ability to lie.  We all know perfectly well that they can be stripped away.  Ever since we all stepped into this room, we were considered guilty."

Only then did she turn to Siuan.  "Phaw!  I have never plotted, Siuan.  If a thing needs doing, I do it.  Simple as that.  And don't give me any lip about all Aes Sedai plotting, you know perfectly well the meaning of my words."

Then she rounded on Logain.  "Logain, isn't it your desire to have the Black and White Towers unified?  I know the child would never agree to that; your only option was to kill her then take control of both as Tamyrlin.  Talk of lying leads me back to your bonded Aes Sedai, as well.  Since they are associated with you, they are as much under suspicion of lying as any one of us.  Besides, your type of bond with them is certainly different from the standard Warder bond."

*turning to Elayne she said* I found the jewel when I arrived for my summons and if you had been paying attention, the vial has NOTHING in it you foolish girl! 

*quickly turning on Logaine with a look that could shatter a rock* You dare name me Black Ajah!  I am sworn to the Light's triumph over the Shadow.  Your treatment comes from your disrespectful and untrustworthy nature.  What else were we to do with you?

• Community Administrator

Gawyn glanced at Matrim Cauthon.  A hint of embarrassment still tinged Gawyn's feelings when he looked at the other man.  It was hard not to remember how the country lad had beaten him so soundly with a quarterstaff.  Still, those emotions were distant.  All that remained in focus was his emptiness, the loss of Egwene.

"Well, Cauthon," Gawyn said, "what do you have to say about these accusations?  Your silence only condemns you further."

Let's keep this Round going for awhile longer. 

• Community Administrator

Gawyn glared at Mat as he stepped back into the crowd.  Quiet mutters met Mat's words, though he noticed a few kept silent, not joining in the discussion.  What did that mean?  That they were guilty and didn't need to speculate further?  Most likely, it was because they were outsiders from the major groups assembled.

"We've heard from everyone again," Sarene said.  "Each person gave further evidence to their innocence.  However, it appears that Laras, Siuan, and Nynaeve all had access to the Amyrlin's food.  On top of that, Nynaeve admitted to using physical force against the Amyrlin.  Elayne claims to have come right after the Amyrlin was murdered, but can't seem to offer any more knowledge as to who the killer might have been.  Wouldn't she have seen someone if she arrived so quickly?  And Rand, he thinks his ta'veren nature is waning, so he would logically need to take matters into his own hands, if he wished the Amyrlin dead.  And Elaida's vial seems quite suspicious.  Even more suspicious, though I'm not sure who it reflects on, is the appearance of Moiraine's jewel in the room."

Sarene cast a glance at Gawyn.  "Do you have anything to add?"

"Yes, Sarene Sedai.  Egeanin claims to have come on a peace mission, but no one here can trust her word.  Cauthon is just as untrustworthy.  I know my brother well, and I know he would not react calmly to a dismissal, even from the Amyrlin Seat.  Logain can claim a Sister is Black Ajah quite freely, but does he do so to cover his own tracks?  And Cadsuane Sedai was unable to answer the last accusation by Cauthon, about her ter'angreal and its special abilities."

He growled through his teeth in frustration.  "We still don't have enough to go on.  We must continue this investigation."

This concludes Round 2.  Please wait for your next Round info to be sent to you.

" I agree with you, Gawyn, as I do believe we are getting closer to the truth. There is another bit of information that I must add".

Sarene pulls a small parchment out of the folds in her notebook and unfolds it for everyone to see.

"This was given to me by a servant before most of you arrived. The servant who summoned Logain to the hall observed this fall out of his pocket when he donned his coat to join us. She did not realize what it was at first and only gave it to me because of what she saw when she opened it. This a plan for a new Stained-glass window. As you can see it is one with Aes Sedai and Asha'man standing together. I found it odd that the window was broken when the Amyrlin was killed. Could this be why?"

Sarene gave the plans to Gawyn then turned to hall. 

"I will hear more of this and what else you have surmised from your questions now."

She strode back to her seat and listened as the Hall erupted in questions and accusations again. 

Round 3 has begun. You will be receiving further instructions shortly.

**Speaking above all the others and pointing at Rand**     Men who can channel can't be trusted.  This one above all

others.  He is able to Travel in and out of anywhere.  Even if no one saw him, he could have easily snuck into the Hall and killed the Amyrlin.

**she then turns to face Elayne and rolls her eyes as she proclaims** I admit that it is mine. But, that vial was

stolen from my room days ago. I filed a report with the Keeper, saying that the thief must be caught immediately, or

she'd suffer my wrath.

Elaida, first you say it might have been left when you held this office. Now you say it was stolen and you filed a report with the Keeper.  I find this highly suspicious, even for you, Elaida!

Also, perhaps you should note, Gawyn Gaidin and Sarene Sedai, that I saw an extra sets of footprints going into her greenhouse, one large and probably a man's but the other small and probably a woman's.  I do not know if it has any bearing on the Mother's demise but any and all information surely needs to be examined and analyzed so I would share that information now in case it helps with the investigation.

*Egaenin slowly nods*

These are wise words Moiraine...Sedai. In the spirit of reporting everything I must ask, when I left the Amrylin I saw you, Casuane, stalking about the halls near the Hall of the Tower, how long before you went to see her? Did you use that pretty Net of yours to unweave Egwene's flows before you poisoned her? 

Mat turned toward Egeanin. "Right before I left the bloody city, I saw a note on Tuon's desk. It was addressed to you, Egeanin. It said you had to make contact with the last Bloodknife left over from the raid. What would you contact him for, if not to murder the Amyrlin?"

*Egeanin glared at Mat*

I was to collect the ter'angreal from him. If they are able to be recovered, we like to do so. They are rare and the Empire needs every Bloodknife to defeat these merath'damane. But the Amyrlin had damane training; I would have been made dacovle for killing something so valuable.

Galad turned and pointed a finger at Moiraine

How is it that you saw Siuan leaving the Hall this day if the last time you saw the Amyriln was last night? I think you you were on your way to go and see her right at that moment. Were you not Moraine Sedai?!

He turned to Edaida

I may have forgotten in the heat of the moment but would you care to enlighten us on what you used to keep in your vial? What was it that made it worth stealing?

Moiraine gazed steadily at Galad.

The entrance to the Hall is accessable from the main corridor, Galad Damodred. I happened to take a detour on my way down to the kitchens for lunch and saw Siuan leaving. Why not tell us why it is your footprints in the snow out there in the garden along side Egwene's own? We all know you are jealous of Gawyn. It was probably you who ripped her stole in your fit of anger when she sent you away!

Moiraine turned from Galad to look at Logain.

I know Min saw a viewing around you, Logain Ablar. One of glory and power to come. I know she told you about it as well. Did you assasinate the Amyrlin to achieve this glory? Did you break the window to symbolize that you've broken the White Tower?

Elayne stood straighter and said:

'I heard footsteps echoing down the hall, before I entered and found Egwene. if I had been her just a minute earlier I might have seen the killer, or even been able to save her!

Logain, care to explain about that new window design, what did you intend?

and Elaida, stop side stepping! I'm concerned about when you last had it, but more concerned with what was in it because you keep ignoring the question! answer us, by the three oaths, what was in your vial?'

she glares at Elaida and takes a deep breathe to calm herself!

Everyone knows that you are highly capable at sneaking in and out of places without being seen, Mat. Your cell lock could've been easily picked, so you could escape and strike when the chance arose.

Galad, tell us what you did right after Egwene refused you. Did you lash out or threaten her in some way?

Nynaeve stepped toward Elaida and looked into her eyes.

Tell us what was in the bottle.

Archived