DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

White Ajah Murder Mystery: Who Killed Egwene?

Mashiara Sedai

Laras approaches the Amyrin's body and notices a piece of hair.  She inspects it then speaks.

"This hair, it is the same color as Lord Gawyn's, but it is too long.  Elyane Sedai and Lord Gawyn have the same hair color.  Since the piece of hair discovered was too long to be Lord Gawyn’s, it has to belong to Elayne Sedai!"

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Egeanin looks at the cook in approval*

This women speaks wise words, I noticed that all of you were quick to jump down her throat as she was the one who prepared the Amyrlin's food but I have heard the servants whisper about Siuan Sedai spending a lot of time in the garden, growing some of the vegetables served to the Amyrlin Seat. She had access to the food before it even reached the kitchen!

*Siuan rolls her eyes at Egeanin*

It's never been a bloody secret that I spend alot of time in the Greenhouses now. I have more free time than I know what to do with.  Using your hands to grow things, instead of the One Power, gives a woman pleasure.  I never hid the fact that I like to garden, and there are always several servants in there when I am.  Call them all forward to give evidence that I never did anything improper to the vegetables. A lionfish would sooner dance willingly into the net than I would hurt Egwene!

*Siuan rounds on Mat*

You have that bloody ter'angreal to protect you from channeling.  No one else could have threatened the Amyrlin and been immune to her weaves.

Moirane glides over to Rand and places her hand on his arm to gain his attention.

Rand, we have been through much together and I have watched you grow in knowledge and power. I have seen the Pattern shift around you on various occasions. I've also seen you lose control when angered. The Amyrlin's request surely made you angry! You have threatened before that the "Pattern" could kill on your whim. How is it not you who is culpable, if it is ultimately your desire that killed her?

She gazes at him quiety, waiting for his response.

Elayne faces the other accused:

'Egeanin... I thought that name had been stripped from you by the Empress, and you only answered to Leilwen now. Has the Empress restored your former name for murdering the Amyrlin?'

She took a deep breath.

'I... I came to talk to Egwene, right after lunch.  When I walked into the Hall, she was on the floor, facedown.  I turned her over; she was already dead.  I didn't stay around because I knew Gawyn would be on his way and he would suspect me because of my love for Rand, that must be how my hair got there, though it shames me to admit it.'

Elayne lowers her eyes..... but something catches her attention.

'What's this?'

She reaches under one of the Sitter's benches where a vial has rolled away just out of sight'

'Hmm... this appears to made of ivory, old ivory. And these are Elaida's initials on the bottom!'

She holds the vial out so the others can study the new evidence.

(Ach Elayne, you interrupted my response to Moiraine!)

Stalking back towards Moiraine, who had that cool Aes Sedai face he loved to hate on, Rand then turned to answer her question.

"Moiraine, as much as you have seen me grow, I have also grown up with Egwene.  I know her quite well, well enough that her question came as no true surprise to me.  As you pointed out, the pattern bends around me, and it would take far more than one person to push me down a different path than I chose."

He sighed, then looked at the floor.  "I don't know why she is dead.  I have no desire for Egwene's death.  She was no danger to me or my Asha'men, so the pattern should have saved her.  Perhaps... perhaps my ta'veren nature... perhaps it is waning."

Rand sighed again, then raised his eyes back up... and they met Mat's.

"But, I am not the only Ta'veren in here.  And as Elayne pointed out, Egeanin was looking to please the Empress."

He took a step towards Mat, his fist raised, and he could hear Lews Therin pushing him to do something stupid.  No, he had more control over himself.  No, him.  Rand had more control over Lews Therin.

"Mat, did you and Egeanin team up?  Did the two of you kill Egwene?  And using Elaida too in your schemes, as she knows the Tower so well?"

Moiraine leans forward to study the vial.

One wonders what the vial holds or held. Nynaeave Sedai, as the only Yellow here and as you are skilled in herbs, perhaps you could determine what the vial was or is used for, after Elaida answers my question, which is this: Elaida, this vial looks as if it is intended for storage of a small amount of liquid, perhaps even enough to taint the Amyrlin's tea and food. Perhaps you would be so kind as to tell us what you used it for and how it got here?

And Elayne . . . as close as you and Mother were before she was Raised to the Amyrlin Seat, how could you just leave her lying here, dead, and not raise the alarm? That hardly seems the act of an innocent conscience!

Galad looked over the body once more. He noticed the Amyrlin's stole was frayed slightly. As if from someone tearing at it.

Nynaeve Sedai, you are known to have a temper and if angry enough you would get physical. The Amyrlin's stole is frayed like from a struggle. What is more,

Galad gingerly moved the stole aside

Her neck has bruises on from strangulation.

I was in the kitchens getting breakfast, Rand. Once I got my breakfast, I left...

*Nynaeve turned red at Galad's question*

Alright! I shook Egwene... Despite her rank, I'm still her Wisdom and have paddled her backside numerous times! She needed to be reminded that she can't cow me... Even though I shook her, I didn't actually hurt her any more than she deserved... After that, I knew I had to calm down, so I left. *she folded her arms*

I'm not proud of my actions, but I didn't want my discovering the Egwene to affect the hunt for her killer...... we need to work out who killed her not who found her! Is the killer trying to switch attention away from their actions?

Nynaeve, are you saying you actually assaulted the Amyrlin and hurt her??

"Speaking of people that are angry..."

Rand turned to Galad and put his hands on his hips.

"Your lunch with Egwene was not as calm as you seemed to make it.  I met her right after your lunch together.  You speak as though you simply discussed the Children of the Light in relation to the tower, but you forgot to mention her... curt dismissal when she said no to bonding you.  I bet it's difficult for someone like... well... you, to understand rejection."

Galad looked to Rand

I alluded to such events but I attempted to keep my private discussions with her to myself. I will admit that rejectyion is something that I have little experience with. But I would not harm one that I was attempting to bond.

I also notice now that Egwenes knife seems to be missing. Curios is it not.

Nynaeve Sedai. I believe your claim. The fork root shows planning and foresight whilst your attack has none.

*Elaida reluctantly steps forward and let's out a great sigh*  The vial is obviously mine, but have any of you considered it was left here from my time as Amyrlin? And I must add, on my way to the summons, I noticed a set of wet footprints leading to the Hall.  They stopped at the door and when I got inside there were none to be found.

*She turns to face Moiraine with a smug look on her face*   *She then pulls a blue jewel from a pocket and holds it up for all to see. "Look here. You have lost your focus, Moiraine. I found it on the floor there by the Amyrlin. How is it that you lost something so precious to you? What are you trying to hide?"

Moiraine's eyes flash at the sight of the jewel in Elaida's hands.

Elaida, my dear. The Black Ajah has trained you well. I didn't lose my focus. As it happened our Amyrlin requested that I allow her to study it. I gave it to her just last night. That was why the Amyrlin summoned me to her study. I will have that back now, thank you."

Reaching for the jewel she is cut off by Sarene who takes it into evidence.

Sarene steps forward addressing the gathered suspects...

You have 8 hours to finish your questioning. 

(More time might be granted if you ask the mods nicely  :tongue: )

*Egeanin steps forward*

The Empress, may she live forever, did indeed strip me of the name Egeanin but since she was gracious and kind enough to accept my pleas for forgiveness I have been reinstated to the Blood. His Highness the Prince of Ravens has given the Empress, may she live forever, wise counsel and she now wants a truce between the Seanchan and the...Aes Sedai.

What the Empress, may she live forever, wants - she gets. I was sent here to gather information to help the foster a truce between us but nothing more. 

Archived