DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

White Ajah Murder Mystery: Who Killed Egwene?

Mashiara Sedai

Cadsuane first turned to Matrim.  He had doubts about her ter'angreal, did he?  "Well, that makes me as guilty as you, Matrim Cauthon.  Maybe it is time Tuon had you spanked."

She then turned to Egeanin.  At least this question would give context to the last one.  "It is true.  I was there.  I had nothing to do with the Amyrlin's murder.  I saw her there as she is now.  I went in to have a word with her and there she was.  I left her there and told no one.  For that I am guilty.  This Net of mine, as you so boldly mentioned, does allow me to feel another's channeling, male or female.  Of that there was none.  I will swear on the Oath Rod if you don't believe me."

After that, she turned to Elayne.  "You said the Amyrlin was dead before you left the Hall.  Since I didn't see him as I left, there was not enough time for you to slip in, check on the Amyrlin, and slip out.  The Warder's Connection would have let him know the instant she died."

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Logain turned so that he could see both Moiraine and Elayne.  "I know of Min's viewing, it was what got me through the worst of my pain at being gentled. But killing the Amyrlin wouldn't be the best way to gain an alliance with the Aes Sedai. If I want to be their leader as well, I will have to gain their trust, which won't be done by killing one of them. I never broke the window."

He then turned to look at Laras. "However, Gabrelle found your name on a list of people punished for the death of the previous Amyrlin, Sierin Vayu. She was killed by the Red Ajah, but you were the one who helped them do it.  If you've helped kill one Amyrlin, you could have easily helped to do away with another.  How do you explain this?

OK fine Nynaeve.  It just so happens that I did try to escape my cell. But a bloody Warder came down to check on me and we spent the whole night dicing. I'm content to sit in a cell if I have someone to take coins from.  There was no reason for me to do anything else.

Rand couldn't help himself.  He burst out laughing, a hollow laugh that would have scared children, but he still laughed at Elaida.

"Come now Elaida, really?  Traveling?  The same could be said of you.  You certainly know that art quite well.  Regardless, there was a Dreamspike activated, so neither of us could have been able to Travel into the Hall."

Rand then turned to Siuan, and looked her up and down.

"Laras has already been proven to have lied, Siuan Sanche, but is she lying about you seeing Egwene right after her midday meal was brought?"

Laras stands and approaces Logain

"I do as the Aes Sedai tell me. I made up a poison, as I did for Verin Sedai, but I had no way of knowing what they planned to do with it. I cannot be held accountable for others' actions."

She then turns to Galad and asks

"I heard one of the servants say they saw you out in the gardens this morning, trying to talk with the Amyrlin. The maid said you left very dissatisfied. Was this another episode of you being rejected, my Lord. For someone as beautiful as yourself, that would be quite a shock."

Sarene steps up looking from Galad to the garden doors and back again.

"This would explain the footprints. However, you sidestep Laras' question well. Were you rejected by the Amyrlin?"

Sarene looks at Galad sternly.

"You seem pretty confidant of yourself. But you always were a bit presumptuous in your dealings. I would have thought you'd have learned your lesson by now."

She turns to Gawyn right away not giving Galad the chance to retort and holds out her hand. 

"Let me see that vial again."

Gawyn hands her the vial and she turns it over in her hand, inspecting it.

"So, Laras admits to making some poison for an Aes Sedai. I would, under normal circumstances, refuse to believe that any Aes Sedai would conspire to kill the Amrylin. However, as Logain was quick to point out, this has happened before. I did see a report regarding a stolen vial from Elaida's room. If it was the same vial, I cannot be sure. We must conclude that the poison was brought here in that vial."

Sarene turns to face Moiraine.

"I find it highly suspicious that you just happened to take a detour on your way to the kitchen to pass by the Hall. That would put you well out of your way, Maoiraine."

Turning to the other Aes Sedai.

"You, Cadsuane, and YOU Elayne, embarrass us all. To see the Amrylin dead and not report it! I can understand it happening once, but twice! Bah! You should both be tried for that alone! Cadsuane didn't sense any channeling. Well, I think we figured that out on our own."

She turns back to Gawyn, handing back the vial.

"The broken window is still a mystery. It looks as if it was broken from this side as most of the glass is on the other side of the wall. I think you should take a look, Gawyn. And while you are out there I should have report on those foot impressions in the snow. Particularly if they come anywhere near that broken glass."

This concludes Round 3.  Please wait for your next Round info to be sent to you.

• Community Administrator

Gawyn returned to the room, Egwene's dagger clutched in his hands.  He walked to Sarene Sedai and handed her the blade.

"Where did you find it?" she asked.

"The Amyrlin's dagger was on the ground outside, amid the shattered ruins of the decorative window.  She must have tried to fight her attacker, but the blade was flung from her hand, striking the window."

"And what of the footprints?"

"There were two sets of footprints leading away from the gardens.  One was small, belonging to a woman.  That set headed towards the Tower and the wet prints led to the Hall.  The second set was larger, a man's.  They headed out into the Tower Grounds towards the city."

"I see.  Let's count those as evidence.  So, we've got a woman coming into the Hall and the Amyrlin's dagger thrown out the window."  Sarene rubbed at her chin in thought.  Peering at all the suspects, she said, "What do any of you have to say about these new pieces of evidence?  

"Elaida, you need to confess to what was in your vial.  Moiraine, we are all still curious about your knowledge received from the Aelfinn—since you claim you received no boon from the Eelfinn.  Laras, you willing admitted to having a hand in two Aes Sedai deaths, and since you took up the tea, you are the last one to see the Amyrlin alive.

"Nynaeve, your temper is well known, and you admit to assaulting the Amyrlin; you're deeds must be examined more closely.  Siuan, as well as others, have had access to the Amyrlin's food.  Egeanin, you claimed to have come for the Bloodknife ter'angreal; can we assume you have it in your possession and could have used it to stealthily enter the Hall?

"Matrim and Cadsuane Sedai are immune to flows of saidar, but if the Amyrlin had forkroot in her, that wouldn't have mattered a hair.  Logain's plans for a new window are curious, but would he have broken the window with the Amyrlin's dagger instead of the One Power?  Galad's been seen twice with the Amyrlin, and both times left angrily; there may be more to your story, Lord Captain Commander.   

"Elayne, since you were raised on intrigue, working out the details of a murder would be easy.  And  you've taken the throne of Cairhien as well, showing how skilled you are in the Game of Houses.  And the Lord Dragon… how many of the world's problems lay at your feet, just because of who you are?"

"We are getting close to our prey," Gawyn said, knowing that soon the killer would be caught in their snare.  They had all the necessary clues.  All they had to do was piece them together.  "And when the killer is revealed, I shall have my revenge."

This is the start of Round 4, the final Round.  Instructions will be sent to you shortly.  This Round will last for 48 hours. 

After the conclusion, each player will get to say who they think is guilty and why.  You'll get more information on that after this Round has ended.

Siuan wanders the room, tapping her chin in thought. She's just opened her mouth to say something, when her foot hit the floor and makes a slight grinding sound. She stops, and pick up something golden, about two inches long.

"A piece of golden chain, broken... How curious. I wonder how this got here."

Her eyes gazes thoughtfully around the room, weighing and calculating every person. They settle on Galad. 

"Gareth Bryne has told me you see the world in black and white.  As a Whitecloak, your own beliefs say Aes Sedai need to be killed.  There is no other reason than we are what we are. I wonder if your story about wanting an alliance is just a bluff to be able to get close to the Amyrlin to do this heinous crime..."

**Looking to Laras curiously, Elaids says** Laras You helped Siuan escape during the split. You have some sense of loyalty to her, don't you? Perhaps the two of you concocted this plan together?

Moiraine's eyes sharpen at the gold chain in Siuan's hand and her eyes turn to Cadsuane.  

What is this gold chain Siuan found on the ground, Cadsuane? Is it from your Paralis-net?

Logain cocked an eyebrow suspiciously at Rand. "You say you were unable to Travel in to the Tower because of a Dreamspike? Well, why were you trying to Travel into the Tower in the first place? That's suspicious, al'Thor."

Laras faces Elaida and says

"I do have loyalty to Siuan. She was the Amyrlin I chose to serve. But ultimately, my main loyalty is to the Tower; as Mistress of the Kitchens I need to be above such petty schemes and do what is best for the Tower.

Turning to Mat she says,

You are the Prince of the Ravens, the Lord of Luck. No one of your standing would dare let anyone, even the Amyrlin, bully them so badly. You are only below the Empress herself within the Seanchan Empire. You wouldn't put up with such mistreatment for long, not without planning revenge.

Elayne looked towards Moraine

'Galad has his faults, but jealousy isn't one of them. As a member of his family I would think you would know that.

Siuan, can you assure us all that you have never grown anything but vegetables? Nothing we should know about?

And Elaida, it does seem awfully convenient that you can't remember what was in that vial, after you avoided the question for so long'

Archived