DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

White Ajah Murder Mystery: Who Killed Egwene?

Mashiara Sedai

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Siuan scoffs at Galad "Oh please. It's what the Whitecloaks have been preaching since they were made. Don't turn your own preachings around on me."

She turns around to look at Elayne, rolling her eyes. "Can I guarantee that I haven't grown anything but vegetables? No, I've grown flowers too, for the Tower gardens. But I haven't grown any forkroot if that's what you're trying to inisuate..."

How dare you lecture me on my own beliefs when you havent read "the way of the light". If you had you would know that we believe the one power is too tempting a power for mere people, as a result they fall to the shadow.

All i want is a trail under the light.

As for your gardening skills, forkroot has been grown and studied by the tower since its discovery. Im sure you could get your hands on it

Siuan scowled at Galad again "Of course I could. As could any member of the White Tower, from the newest novice to the stableboys. That wasn't Elayne's question though. I tried to tell the Amyrlin several times that the forkroot was too easy for anyone to access. But one of the Amyrlins biggest strenght, and weaknesses, was her trust in her people". She sighes and looks toward the figure of the Amyrling with sorrow in her eyes.

I have developed a weave that can identify poison...

*Nynaeve steps up to the table containing all of the tea things and weaves flows of saidar*

There's poison in the tea. It's the kind that constricts someone's throat, causing them to suffocate. The murderer must've been someone low enough, but trusted, to serve tea... Siuan, you are low enough that you're expected to serve tea for the Amyrlin...

*stepping away, she pauses and then says...*

Give me the vial... *weaves another set of flows, she nods* As I thought... this vial contains the same poison that was in the tea!!!

Egeanin nods towards Nynaeve

This is troubling news and I'm afraid I must add to it. Before I left the Empress, may she live forever, I heard one of her damane, Lydia, say that the man, Logain Ablar, needed to be Tamyrlin before the Last Battle began. Naturally, the Black Tower has eyes-and-ears within the Empire so he must have known of the Foretelling, prompting him to kill the Amyrlin

Siuan gives Nynaeve a level look. "You know better than that, girl. Anyone would pour tea for the Amyrlin, all of us would even you.  There isn't a single person alive that out-ranks the Amyrlin, not in any of the nations around the world. If Her Majesty Queen Elayne were meeting with the Amyrlin; the Queen would pour the tea."

Mat turned to Laras.

I'm not a bloody nobleman! Egwene could do whatever she wanted, as far as I was concerned. I don't like how she talks down to me, and I hate her bullying, but that's just because she's Egwene, not because I'm married to the Empress of Seanchan. It wasn't the first time Egwene had me put in a cell, and I thought it wouldn't be the last.

Then he turned to Elayne. "Elayne, you've been in so much trouble with the Amyrlin lately. If Nynaeve is right about your unlawful Bond, there's also the fact that you are using Kinswomen to your own devices in Andor. As much of a control freak Egwene is, I'm sure she would have put a stop to all your dealings with the Kin and that would really hurt Andor's edge."

With a smile, Logain looked to Egeanin  "I am a man of prophecy, it seems. It is important that the White and Black Towers be united under me, but I wouldn't use such awful means to establish my rule. If I did, I would be a tyrant, like Taim."

How dare you? You show your own guilt when you try to stretch the truth so far. If I am responsible for my husband's actions, are you not responsible for all the evil your Children did in the name of the Light? Though I am not a native here, I have heard of the awful deeds the Whitecloaks have committed. You place your own guilt onto others.

Rand looked a little embarrassed as he glanced at his feet, then took a glance at Elayne.  How was he supposed to explain to Logain that he HAD tried to Travel...

"If you MUST know... I was trying to Travel out of the Tower this morning."

There was no getting away from answering more questions, and he glanced up at Elayne again, then shrugged his shoulders, trying to act as though it wasn't a big deal.

"I was with Elayne last night, and I wanted to spare her embarrassment by leaving her rooms so early..."

He glanced up then, trying to make it as though it did not matter, and his eyes caught on Elaida.  He stared at her for a moment, studying, then saw the Shadow peaking around her.  His eyes thinned, and he stalked forward, grabbing her by her arm.  

"How long, Elaida?  How long have you served the Shadow?  I am the Dragon Reborn, and I can see the Shadow lingering around you.  I have had enough of your falsehood and lies.  How many lies have you told us this day?"

• Community Administrator

Gawyn stalked around the room, his fury growing with every accusation and excuse.  The clues were there... his mind was filled with too much pain and anger... he had to focus, to figure it out.

"Elaida, what do you have to say to these accusations?  Moiraine Sedai, surely you want to answer my sister's questions.  And Cadsuane Sedai, you've been quite for awhile now, don't you have anything to add?"

We'll extend this Round because it's important to ask as many questions as possible.  Plus, Leala is having internet trouble.  We are nearly at the finish line!  Keep up the good work!   

Moraine's eyes were drawn to Rand as he stalked to Elaida and made his accusation, then she looked calmly at Gawyn.

I will gladly answer any questions put forth to me, Gawyn Gaidin.  I did not respond initially to Elayne because she did not couch her defense of Galad as a question.  However . . .

She turned to Elayne.

I do not lie, Elayne.  Your half-brother is filled with jealousy, even if he hides it deep.  To be the oldest, yet passed over for any throne would fill anyone with rage.  Perhaps his true anger wasn't at the Amyrlin, yet she recieved the brunt of his fury.

**Elaida shades her eyes from the Light around Rand.** "Even if I were one of the Shadow's servants, not that I am, wouldn't it have been more convinient for someone, not me though, to use the One Power to kill rather than go through all the hassle of poisoning her?"

'does anyone recognise that piece of golden chain? We need to share as much information as possible to ensure we catch this murderer'

Elayne turned to Elaida, noting the way she appeared to be shying away from looking at Rand

'Egwene would not have been an easy target if attacked with the One Power, not considering her strength and what she learned as damane. And this wouldn't be the first time that an Aes Sedai was killed using poison.'

"My eyes and ears have whispered of this, " Siuan said, slowly circling Elaida. "The rumours are Darkfriends cannot look upon the Dragon Reborn anymore, for to them he is surrounding by a shining light that, if looked upon too long, will blind their shadow-infested eyes."

Sarene stands and walks across the hall slowly, stopping in front of Cadsuane.

"Cadsuane, I do believe we have waited long enough to hear from you. If you have nothing further to add then I suggest we move on."

Cadsuane raises an eyebrow at Sarene...then turns to Moiraine.

"Phaw. I have been thinking and it occurs to me that there is more to that gold chain than meets the eye. As you can see, My Paralis-Net is the same today as it was sixty years ago.  Not a single chain is missing. You cannot say the same, Moiraine."

Cadsuane picks up her skirts and stalks over to Nynaeve.

"Isn't it convenient that the witness who saw you swear on the Oath Rod is now dead? Tell me, Nynaeve, how can we trust anything you say?"

*(Leala is still having internet trouble, we will have to move on without her for now.) 

Archived