DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The aMoL 'Memories of Light' Releases

Luckers

Oh there will be some huge surprises no doubt, would be willing to bet a good deal of money this isn't one of them however. You can't look at the textual evidence or RJ's quote(he also said it's a breaking era device made specifically to deal with men) separate from each other. Again add them together and it's pretty clear.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh there will be some huge surprises no doubt, would be willing to bet a good deal of money this isn't one of them however. You can't look at the textual evidence or RJ's quote(he also said it's a breaking era device made specifically to deal with men) separate from each other. Again add them together and it's pretty clear.

Not sure why this is such a big deal. All I did was point out the actual fact that we haven't seen it counter a saidin weave yet, that's it!

We don't even know if it's as powerful as Mat's. It might only be as strong as Elayne's copies for all we know.

I just pointed out that it's a posibility, albeit a remote one. AGAIN, that's all I said, there's no argument here

Well the fact that she can channel while wearing it is evedence against it being like Elayne's. Remember they are weaker because they are imperfect copies...

Still doesn't mean it's as strong as Mat's. We simply don't know for sure.

We don't even know if Elayne's copies will stop saidin weaves or that if it would also stop a male channeler from channeling while touching it.

A lot of assumptions, good assumptions too but none of it is 100% at this point.

"There were many good years. Good decades, good centuries. We believed we were living in paradise. Perhaps that was our downfall. We wanted our lives to be perfect, so we ignored imperfections. Problems were magnified through inattention, and war might have become inevitable if the Bore hadn't ever been made." (Sentence from aMoL)

Sounds like something from one of the Forsaken possibly, or the memories of Lews Therin projected through Rand. It sounds like a quote that was made as an acceptance for wrong doing, maybe not realizing what kind of impact creating the Bore would have had on the world. If war might have been inevitable, a world divided and ravaged by war would have been better then a world that could be destroyed by the Dark One at some point.

Not sure why this is such a big deal. All I did was point out the actual fact that we haven't seen it counter a saidin weave yet, that's it!

We don't even know if it's as powerful as Mat's. It might only be as strong as Elayne's copies for all we know.

I just pointed out that it's a posibility, albeit a remote one. AGAIN, that's all I said, there's no argument here

This is reaching the level of total absurdity...

This is reaching the level of total absurdity...

No, I think it's entirely valid to posit that from the information we have been given.

/sarcasmoff.

"There were many good years. Good decades, good centuries. We believed we were living in paradise. Perhaps that was our downfall. We wanted our lives to be perfect, so we ignored imperfections. Problems were magnified through inattention, and war might have become inevitable if the Bore hadn't ever been made." (Sentence from aMoL)

Sounds like something from one of the Forsaken possibly, or the memories of Lews Therin projected through Rand. It sounds like a quote that was made as an acceptance for wrong doing, maybe not realizing what kind of impact creating the Bore would have had on the world. If war might have been inevitable, a world divided and ravaged by war would have been better then a world that could be destroyed by the Dark One at some point.

My first thought was Lanfear, but the part of the bore seemed impersonal, so I thought Ishy/Moridin, or LTT.

My first thought was Lanfear, but the part of the bore seemed impersonal, so I thought Ishy/Moridin, or LTT.

I thought this was LTT before, but Ishy makes more sense to me now as well. Trying to convince the listener (Rand possibly? final attemtp to turn him into shadow personally, since logic was his reason, maybe he is trying logic on Rand as well since everything he has tried failed so far?) that the wars would be inevitable, we will serve the DO regardless of bore (war being inevitable and such).

Day 24:

"There were many good years. Good decades, good centuries. We believed we were living in paradise. Perhaps that was our downfall. We wanted our lives to be perfect, so we ignored imperfections. Problems were magnified through inattention, and war might have become inevitable if the Bore hadn't ever been made."

Rand doing his best to put people to sleep so they can contribute to the portion of the LB that takes place in T'a'R.

Yes we do, Egwene had him coming up with strategies/battle plans to protect Tar Valon and the surrounding area from shadow attacks once TG started. After that the army accompanies Ewgene to the FoM and the last we saw them they were building a palisade for her there.

Yes we do, Egwene had him coming up with strategies/battle plans to protect Tar Valon and the surrounding area from shadow attacks once TG started. After that the army accompanies Ewgene to the FoM and the last we saw them they were building a palisade for her there.

... and hopefully Bryne / Egwene realize that Caemlyn just burned to the ground due to an attack by Waygate whereas Tar Valon has its own Waygate right outside the Tower (correct me if I'm wrong) totally undefended?  

I went back and checked ToM.  When Gawyn visits Bryne, Bryne is focused on setting up fortifications in the surrounding countryside, which is pretty much the same mistake Elayne / Birgitte in Caemlyn (i.e., most of Andor's troops were moved to the border against the expected invasion).  Tar Valon is unprepared for a Shadow attack by Waygate or a Seanchan attack by Gateway.

Tar Valon is unprepared for a Shadow attack by Waygate or a Seanchan attack by Gateway.

Unlike Caemlyn, Tar Valon's army has unprecedented mobility. If the Seanchan come in via Gateway, all the Tower needs is 13 sisters to make a humongous Gateway that can concentrate their troops far, far better than the Seanchan can. Which doesn't mean the Waygate shouldn't be destroyed right away, though.

@fionwe - theoretically Caemlyn should have had this advantage as well through the Kin.

I don't think destroying Waygates is that easy - I'm sure I've read somewhere that it takes a full circle of 13 and needs to be done properly with severe risks if it's not done properly. I can't remember where I read this tho, so it may have just been a theory somewhere.

Archived