A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[LIGHT VS SHADOW]: Black Tower Mafia Game

Gabriel Kross

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, here's all of the pings I got on my re-read

vote rand

For leaving the BT to the M'Hael's ministry (irony)

Voting Ithi with poor reasoning and because he is mafia.

Was the second part of this a joke or serious, Turin?

So lets get this rolling. 18 town is 4-6 scum, 0-2 symps, and perhaps a third party or SK. I am Pevara of the red ajah. Yet I am town. Discuss.

Can't believe I missed this, but suggesting the idea of symps? Hinting, perhaps. I really don't like his claim at all.

So far Darthe's claim is a null tell I think. With the current situation of the BT, any character could potentially be scum except Androl, Logain, and Rand... just off the top of my head.

Claiming is a null tell? Really?

Random and John Snow are on the mafia team btw. See how reasonable he is being.

Prod at the lynch she's trying to lead. Ping.

Honestly, with the amount of activity I don't have a real mafia read on anyone just yet.

Darthe's whole play is the most interesting. Of anyone who has commented, it split our reactions down the middle: he is or isn't telling the truth.

Now, my first instinct is that he's town trying to get the game going. But without a power role to somehow protect himself, it seems like a big risk. Plus, he's out there for everyone to scrutinize.

My next read through makes me question this instinct, because the post doesn't seem to work in towns favor any way I look at it. The options as I see it are:

He's telling the truth and made a bold play.

He's mafia, using a fake claim to stir up suspicion on those who question him or ignore the claim.

He's third party trying to draw out a good first target, like a good D1 scum hunter.

There could be more possibilities, but those seem like the most likely scenarios to me for now, and I feel this play will be what affects the D1 lynch the most.

He never claimed his role....ping.

im not liking randoms fonting its all together then suddenly its not then it is again. I dont post from a phone but i wouldve thought it would use the same font all the time. You getting instructions Random? the way you are defending 'he who knows nothing' may not be because you are mafia but it definitely could be because you are together

Vote Random

This theory has been debunked time and time again. Major ping.

On the subject of Ithi and Turin, I think Turin is trying to use his meta too boldly. He has linked himself with Ithi in many games, but in this one to defend her so early and after so little activity pings. He says she is playing within her town meta... this is honestly kind of underestimating her mafia skills however. I don't think her town and mafia meta are all that different, tbh. And to think that she couldn't manipulate her own meta to come off as townie when she wants to is also ridiculous.

Furthermore the manner in which Turin came out defending her, making it obvious and even questioning the tactics of mafia going after "townie" Ithi just reeked to me. I think yall have gotten so used to Turin coming out and defending her so obviously that you have forgotten that this is mafia, and that any player coming out that strongly in defense of someone else day 1 is pingworthy.

Agreed. The whole Turin-Ithi thing is off to me. However, Turin's claim is too big to be fake, imo, and he was the bigger ping to me between the two. Still, ping to Ithi.

Yes, that is true... Turin should know that we would question his behavior towards defending Ithi in a mafia game, as that (as you said) breaks all bonds... *thinking*

I will FOS Turin for the time being...

Why not just vote him? Ping.

Maby because you are mafia?

Nah I'm always vanilla town :tongue:

Nice claim you stuck in there. But why on earth do we have another claim?

Now, what I would say is that I'm a little determined to get my man (or woman) sometimes. I'm like the Canadian Mounty of Mafia, and I'm curious that my thoughts on John Snow and Random havne't been taken on and nudged into an easy lynch that I would happily expend a lot of time and effort in pursuing. The mafia could have easily done that, if my suspect were Town, and then they could have blamed me for it and got me lynched as recompense ... and yet nothing. And John Snow is still very quiet.

Well, two reasons. You're mafia, or mafia isn't that obvious.

Ok

Who are we consolidating on?

Blatant bandwagon. Ping

People who are Town don't need to defend. They get to say 'told you so' when their coroners report is published. He also doesn't really have that many votes yet, only 3 by the time he went to bed last night and it takes 10 to lynch. maybe he just prefers to let the fluff votes continue and doesn't mind getting lynched. I'm thinking that a Mafia probably wouldn't be so calm about the whole thing. Matty went kind of ballistic after getting just one vote lol.

There are people who have voted for me and that didn't bother me either. I don't need to live for Town to win - I just need to muck up enough dirt for whoever is left over to be able to spot and lynch the Mafia.

It's a team game :smile:

Talk about a double standard...when person A (turin) does it, it's a town tell, yet you call it a scum tell when person B (me) does it. Ping.

FOS Cyan, thats too obvious...

Post was regarding:

Oh huzzah we got a lynch after all :happy: A short night would be lovely as well.

Sorry, mat, not seeing the ping here, and talking about lynches/pings at night = anti-town. Ping.

Just woke and read the last few pages and... Crap... >.>

I am Town Vig and I shot Despo, I was so sure! :sad:

*points at self*

Sam al'Seen, I kill with a Two rivers longbow.

I know I saw it somewhere, but couldn't find the quote.

This also seems like it could be Slayer, a third party SK.

The only confirmed town we have so far are the dead ones. Matty could be vig, he could be SK, he could be mafia. His reason for targeting Despo will help with that question.

I'm believing Darthe and Turins claims for now, but we really need to hear from the quiet people. This game has short days, and if the same 4-5 of us are always posting, the mafia just get to sit back and NK.

Introducing WIFOM. Ping.

Mat confirmed for multiple characters

Um, what were you trying to say here?

Also, this is the second time someone's gotten me and Time confused in this game :rolleyes:

Might have to do with you two switching your avis for a time (pun intended). :rolleyes:

All said and done, my two biggest pings were Ithi and Mat.

I'm going to vote Mat as I see him as the more likely scum, especially with his claim.

Snow has been horribly lurky, BUT I've just had a really big thought. Can you remember when Matty first claimed his Character, I checked on the WoT wiki and the Wiki Wiki and found NOTHING ... But matty was able to provide a link to his character and everything ... Even though apparently Tina spelt it wrong in his PM. And he found that link very fast indeed ... I think he found the link first and then did the spelling of his character claim wrong himself.

Because you can NOT find the link to that character unless you have the correct spelling, and Matty clearly said it was wrong in his PM. I'm quite convinced that Matty is really Slayer, because Despo didn't really do anything that bad to warrant being vig'd and Matty didn't give a brilliant case why he thought he warranted being killed.

BUT ... I still have major doubts about Cyan. I'm a little torn because I think Matty has really stuffed up big time and an SK is a danger to Town, but then I do also really want to find a Mafia.

Also, this is the second time someone's gotten me and Time confused in this game :rolleyes:

Might have to do with you two switching your avis for a time (pun intended). :rolleyes:

:laugh: True xD

Also meh the deadline is so soon! Now I'm conflicted cuz I don't particularly want to get lynched, but random is not a much better option.........mods, you didn't specifically say no self votes in the rules, so does that mean I can vote for myself if I want?

Mkay thanks, good to know.

So I'm too tired to decide whether or not lynching myself is worth it. I'm going to bed. If I'm still alive in the morning, I'll make a case on TRL. If not, I'm going to say I tooooold you so and then go ponder whether I really would survive longer if I played better. G'night.

unvote vote mat, what ithi just said makes a lot of sense and we need consolidation. You all have my apologies, it has been a busy weekend/start. I will be picking back up soon. Also, snow, that really didn't narrow the list much, care to give a bit more definite thoughts because you currently sound like a bell with all the pings flying around.

Snow has been horribly lurky, BUT I've just had a really big thought. Can you remember when Matty first claimed his Character, I checked on the WoT wiki and the Wiki Wiki and found NOTHING ... But matty was able to provide a link to his character and everything ... Even though apparently Tina spelt it wrong in his PM. And he found that link very fast indeed ... I think he found the link first and then did the spelling of his character claim wrong himself.

Because you can NOT find the link to that character unless you have the correct spelling, and Matty clearly said it was wrong in his PM. I'm quite convinced that Matty is really Slayer, because Despo didn't really do anything that bad to warrant being vig'd and Matty didn't give a brilliant case why he thought he warranted being killed.

BUT ... I still have major doubts about Cyan. I'm a little torn because I think Matty has really stuffed up big time and an SK is a danger to Town, but then I do also really want to find a Mafia.

I don't want to burst your bubble here Ithi but I just googled it right after he posted it and found the right person

I didn't even notice it was spelled wrong

Just because you had trouble finding it doesn't mean he was lying

I would say that if there is a SK. We want them gone. Multiple night deaths lead to fewer days to find the mafia. Choices are that Matty is either:

Vig as claims. Made poor kill choice imo. Dangerous to town

SK: bad guy want deaded

Actually mafia: bad guy want deaded

Matty, who you leaning to for vig shot tonight?

Snow, where did you go? It is an easy question.

I am leaning town for cyan. Willing to consolidate to secure lynch. Prefer Matty, snow or TRL. I will be around.

More talky please folks

Whether Matty is or is not an SK will tell you nothing about me. I'm not sure how you think it will. Please elaborate Darthe.

Cyan just said she would vote herself, but hasn't even claimed her character to try and prevent her Lynch. Why would she do that. I think she is at L-2 so if I need to switch to Matty and get rid of a possible SK I will do - but not at the cost of losing a Mafia. She could just be saying she would Lynch herself to give herself some Townie cred.

Darthe thinks an SK is more worth killing than a possible Mafia. But if we know who that possible SK is, he is going to have to be VERY careful who he targets.

I feel like stopping all of your pings. I am Jahar Narishma, one of the few Asha'man left that Rand says he knows is loyal and can trust completely. This should also stop Matty from claiming to Vig me tonight, for all kinds of weak reasons - because he was sure I was mafia etc, whilst I am not available.

I will try and get on again at deadline.

Mkay thanks, good to know.

So I'm too tired to decide whether or not lynching myself is worth it. I'm going to bed. If I'm still alive in the morning, I'll make a case on TRL. If not, I'm going to say I tooooold you so and then go ponder whether I really would survive longer if I played better. G'night.

Really don't like this post. Timezone could be the issue but feels wrong.

unvote vote mat, what ithi just said makes a lot of sense and we need consolidation. You all have my apologies, it has been a busy weekend/start. I will be picking back up soon. Also, snow, that really didn't narrow the list much, care to give a bit more definite thoughts because you currently sound like a bell with all the pings flying around.

Says we need consolidation and then votes Matty????

:unsure:

Ok - pepper emergency. Have to go.

Whether Matty is or is not an SK will tell you nothing about me. I'm not sure how you think it will. Please elaborate Darthe.

Cyan just said she would vote herself, but hasn't even claimed her character to try and prevent her Lynch. Why would she do that. I think she is at L-2 so if I need to switch to Matty and get rid of a possible SK I will do - but not at the cost of losing a Mafia. She could just be saying she would Lynch herself to give herself some Townie cred.

Darthe thinks an SK is more worth killing than a possible Mafia. But if we know who that possible SK is, he is going to have to be VERY careful who he targets.

I feel like stopping all of your pings. I am Jahar Narishma, one of the few Asha'man left that Rand says he knows is loyal and can trust completely. This should also stop Matty from claiming to Vig me tonight, for all kinds of weak reasons - because he was sure I was mafia etc, whilst I am not available.

I will try and get on again at deadline.

This is one of the reasons you have been pinging me. I haven't said this. You just did for me. However, the strong as hell claim from you will hold water unless I hear a CC from someone else or we get well into late game so I can accept your beliefs for now.

I will probably not be on again before the deadline. I'm going to VOTE MATTY again. Based on Ithi's logic, that really does sound like a fake claim.

And yes, I promise i will collect those quotes at some point when i'm not doing ALL of the spanish homework.

Archived