DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[LIGHT VS SHADOW]: Black Tower Mafia Game

Gabriel Kross

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And who are the big names there darthe? And wtf are you talking about "preying on the neebs"

Obviously a matter of perspective but i would say advanced players or notable players include: dice, nol, ithi, turin, maw, bg, ed, and lzm.

and though it should be self explanatory, it seems to me that little pushing has happened towards any of these players (several of which are active lurking I assume based on the low post counts) and the newer players seem to generally be under more strain. Ie: mafia seems to want to keep us focused on newer players. My view is that mafia generally flows with the flow of a game but that their manipulations can influence or shift how things are going to turn the balance in their favor. So... if I see a game that doesn't focus on something to the point of peculiarity then I believe it worth investigating, or at least mention.

Well, I went back and read through about 10 different pages trying to find anything to link someone to Tress at all, and I only found one major game-related post by her, where she FOS's Matty, then ends up casing Rand, and votes him a post or two later. I still don't like Matty's role claim, as his reasoning and decision just don't seem to line up. (Forgetting for a moment his weak and odd character claim)

However, if we do have a town Vig, that's one confirmed townie and a valuable asset, so perhaps it's best to give him one last chance to vet himself.

In answer to Ithi's earlier question, I'm of the mind that early on we need to find at least our first mafia asap, as that will give us our best shot at finding the rest. If there's an SK instead of a vig, we've got a good idea who to look at. If Matty's mafia, he did the SK a favor by claiming vig, and the SK will want to keep Matty alive. If Matty's really an SK, we should have a lot more to go on after a second night's actions. If Matty's truly the Vig, I think we can assume that mafia will leave him alive since he's already so suspicious to everyone.

Basically, what I'm saying is that we already have narrowed down the possibilities on Matty, and it seems to me our D2 would be best served finding an actual mafioso.

I'm ok with lynching either Cyan or Mat but I prefer Cyan

Cyan is doing scummy things like pawning responsibility off on Ithi like I was afraid she would and Mat could easily be a lying SK

The reason I'm ok with leaving Mat alive and killing Cyan is it gives Mat a night to be investigated by any cop we might have

Whether or not it would be worth a cop claiming to save him is a debate we can have later but for now I think the best way forward is to lynch Cyan and deal with Mat tomorrow

Okay I buy the claim atm. Can we get a character to go with that?

Also, at this point I am assuming that the two were on a mason team together which sucks. @MOD can we get confirmation as to whether they were on a mason team together or not?

No. PAFO.

Hey! I didn't spell my name wrong! According to the Role PM Tina sent me, I am Sam al'Seen! :mad:

Tiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! And EP for that matter! :tongue:

Do you really think I would confirm or deny your character? As for bad English, grammar and general spelling you all know that I´m not the best on any of it. I might have spell several of your characters wrong. Or I might not.

Eeek I meant to get back to this earlier >.<

Anyways, for now I'm not sure what to think about Matty. His character claim is a bit obscure, but then again, so was Rand's character. Anyways, I think we should give him a chance to prove himself town. A town vig sounds like it could be very useful if it's true.

I'm still not liking how TRL is playing, but I can't really pinpoint anything, so meh.

Oh and Nolder, I like how you totally ignored my post explaining why I did that :shakeshead:

Very slow weekend, I see.

Just to remind everyone, this is a pretty fast game, deadline's less than two days away.

That being said, I'm about ready to vote Snow or Ed to prod them. I understand people's schedules fill up or internets go down, but if they're mafia then we're kinda just chasing our tails here at the moment.

WoT, you've kinda said you don't think Matty or Cyan are scum, do you have any opinions on who is?

I think there definitely needs to be pokage of inactive players.

I also don't like that Darth is doing his big talky talk thing - explaining what everyone else is doing and why x,y and z is very bad, whilst he ducks and doesn't vote or give his own opinions. It's just weird.

I mean, if he can spen all that time putting posts like that together, surely a bit of I think the Mafia is or even a vote could be included too.

Random is still being preachy, but perhaps that's the style he saw and is trying to emulate. He is at least giving thoughts on who he feels may be Mafia.

Also ... I have proof I am not big game in Mafia. I seems to have been lumped in with Ed, who is a monkey.

Archived