DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

'Towers of Midnight' progress bar

mb

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I began reading WoT in 1990.  Brandon is simply carrying on a very long tradition of re-tooling the details of the most complex piece of Fantasy literature ever created.  RJ did it every time after tSR and we are all better off for it.  It requires an enormous amount of effort to insure that the plot lines and characters flow as seamlessly as possible.  There are far too many of us that will jump on any major flaw so I can understand why Brandon is needing to extend the date a bit.  Talk about pressure!  Who else has been handed a responsibility such as this?  Off the top of my head I cannot think of another writer who has been entrusted to write the completion of an epic that began 25 years ago with a very large, devoted, expert audience.

Dune by Frank Herbert completed by his son Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson

and yes I'm glad to see some movement on the bar. 83%

taken the place of? Heck I thought they always were the most annoying by far.

Oh no Sevanna and Eliada are by far THEE most annoying characters. I mean at least Perrin and Faile have a purpose, Sevanna was pointless after tFoH except to keep Perrin busy and away from Rand. That's the only purpose that annoying character had.

Also to answer James2095: V.C. Andrews with a ghost writer at the helm.

I began reading WoT in 1990.  Brandon is simply carrying on a very long tradition of re-tooling the details of the most complex piece of Fantasy literature ever created.  RJ did it every time after tSR and we are all better off for it.  It requires an enormous amount of effort to insure that the plot lines and characters flow as seamlessly as possible.  There are far too many of us that will jump on any major flaw so I can understand why Brandon is needing to extend the date a bit.  Talk about pressure!  Who else has been handed a responsibility such as this?  Off the top of my head I cannot think of another writer who has been entrusted to write the completion of an epic that began 25 years ago with a very large, devoted, expert audience.

Dune by Frank Herbert completed by his son Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson

and yes I'm glad to see some movement on the bar. 83%

Ugh...Kevin J. Anderson (never liked that guy's writing).

Additionally, though it's not quite the same, Tolkien's son organized some of J.R.R's notes into other epics within that storyline, notably the Silmarillion and the story of Numenor-both of which serve as back story for Lord of the Rings.

• 3 weeks later...

Still 85%

Also a new Way of Kings final draft progress bar(I might be just a little bit excited for that as well). ;D

Yeah me too. I only got into reading WoT about 4 years ago or something so haven't been waiting that long for the end of this, so I am actually starting to look forward to be following a series like this from the beginning.

Point taken. Yeah, I should've mentioned, I always do.

But really, are there any GRRM fans here? Can you honestly say that you're still as interested in his story as you were 4 years ago? Me, I got tired of waiting. My life moved on. I might revisit the story when more becomes available, but will it still speak to me the way it used to? I don't know.

Archived