DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

'Towers of Midnight' progress bar

mb

I really should keep track of Brandons doing more myself. Basically, Im an aspiring writer myself and WoT has taught me a lot, and since TGS I get the feeling that I could learn a lot from Brandon as well.

Is it me, or does it feel like TGS hasnt even been out that long?

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Summer is coming up:P perfect time, then u'll be able to do another reread before the book is released.

Also, get the audio book and listen to it in the car/before sleep/while using the computer :>

I finished tGS about a week ago.

Started my series re-read today, I'm obsessed. So glad that I'm comfortable reading the online resources for WoT, this being the first time that I was up to date with the books (yeah I came late to the party :P). Can't wait to see what I missed in my earlier readings. ;D

On a related note… Is there a 'Re-Read' board? If not, would it be possible to maybe get one. Basically one that would be structured by book, but with (up to tGS) spoilers allowed. So that during the re-read we could post about hints/clues/allusions that become important or significant in later books, and maybe limit or try to focus the board to those topics. That way it would make it easier to discuss those hints in the earlier books without scouring the separate boards for the later books to find the hints in an earlier book. Just a thought, and probably not the proper place to post it… sorry 'bout that.

I finished tGS about a week ago.

Started my series re-read today, I'm obsessed. So glad that I'm comfortable reading the online resources for WoT, this being the first time that I was up to date with the books (yeah I came late to the party :P). Can't wait to see what I missed in my earlier readings. ;D

On a related note… Is there a 'Re-Read' board? If not, would it be possible to maybe get one. Basically one that would be structured by book, but with (up to tGS) spoilers allowed. So that during the re-read we could post about hints/clues/allusions that become important or significant in later books, and maybe limit or try to focus the board to those topics. That way it would make it easier to discuss those hints in the earlier books without scouring the separate boards for the later books to find the hints in an earlier book. Just a thought, and probably not the proper place to post it… sorry 'bout that.

In the Structured Wheel of Time board (it's a child board under General Wheel of Time Discussion), there have been threads set up for each book.  That's probably the best place to post thoughts related to re-reading the series.  I'll be probably starting my re-read in a couple of weeks, look forward to seeing everyone's thoughts on there!

In the Structured Wheel of Time board (it's a child board under General Wheel of Time Discussion), there have been threads set up for each book.  That's probably the best place to post thoughts related to re-reading the series.  I'll be probably starting my re-read in a couple of weeks, look forward to seeing everyone's thoughts on there!

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was under the impression that in the 'Structured' board a future book's 'spoiler' was forbidden. Basically, you'd have to structure posts from the PoV of someone reading up-to that book but not beyond, right?

I was under the impression that in the 'Structured' board a future book's 'spoiler' was forbidden. Basically, you'd have to structure posts from the PoV of someone reading up-to that book but not beyond, right?

I think you are correct about the 'Structured' board and spoilers.  That sounds like a good idea you have proposed, maybe contacting a moderator would prove beneficial.

I think you are correct about the 'Structured' board and spoilers.  That sounds like a good idea you have proposed, maybe contacting a moderator would prove beneficial.

This is from the DO's/DON'ts thread on the Structured board:

"DON'T post spoilers in the book title threads. Not everyone has read everything yet. If you noticed a great connection between something Rand said in "TEOTW" and something Mat did in "KOD", post it in the KOD thread. Any other thread is fine to post spoilers in."

So to answer your question Zimlear, as you mentioned we should probably post from the PoV of someone who's only read up to the current book thread we're posting in.

And what exactly does a "scene" mean? As in, how much more writing can we equate this to? Obviously they aren't whole chapters, but just what are they? What does BS consider a scene to be?

Hopefully this means he is almost done, which puts him on track (or I think a bit ahead?) of schedule for the October/November release.

A scene could be as much as a whole chapter or as little as a few paragraphs. It is entirely situational. I doubt you will be able to figure out much beyond that.

Rest assured, he is rather confident he can get the October release, at least according to an interview I read a day or so ago.

Brandon's Latest Tweet:

"Whew. Chapter done. Very tired. It was a scene you’ve been waiting a long time to read. No, not that one. And not that one either."

The first scene he's referring to ("No, not that one.") is most likely Moraine's rescue.  What other big scenes could he be referring to?

Progress bar still sits at 87%.

Based on 300,000 words, that means he's still ~40,000 words short.  At 1,000 words per day, that's another 40 writing days.  That throws manuscript completion into July and maybe as late as 1 August.

Jordan said that the last books he did were published within 60 days of when he finished the manuscript.  Following that schedule, that leaves October for publishing and shipping to stores.

He might make it, but it's gonna be tight.

Brandon's Latest Tweet:

"Whew. Chapter done. Very tired. It was a scene you’ve been waiting a long time to read. No, not that one. And not that one either."

The first scene he's referring to ("No, not that one.") is most likely Moraine's rescue.  What other big scenes could he be referring to?

There's certainly a bunch of them -- We find out where Demandred is hiding, Mesaana is uncovered, Taim gets outed in public, Perrin and Slayer/Darkhounds, Rand/Fortuona come to terms, who killed Asmo (probably not that one)...no telling.

It should be noted that a few days earlier he dropped a mini-spoiler while reporting on fans' names being inserted in the text from the charity raffle. One of these characters is a Malkieri:

Wednesday, May 26 at 10:42 p.m. "Andrej Gadzo: Tai'shar Malkier."
Not that this tells us much other than that we'll be seeing Lan's group do something at some point.

There's certainly a bunch of them -- We find out where Demandred is hiding, Mesaana is uncovered, Taim gets outed in public, Perrin and Slayer/Darkhounds, Rand/Fortuona come to terms, who killed Asmo (probably not that one)...no telling.

I think the only one of those that would generally be considered something sought after by the entire fandom would be "who killed Asmo," and possily "where Demandred is hiding."  Don't get me wrong - I know that everyone wants to know who Mesaana is, we want Taim to receive his uppance (preferably from Logain, if I have my say), and Perrin/slayer ~ Rand/Fortuana things are all important, but none of those things have sparked the kind of debate that Asmo/Demandred have.  And I personally feel, just by viewing this site and others like it, those two events are still not nearly as sought after as Moraine's rescue/reunion/whathaveyou. 

I get the feeling from the tweet that whatever this was, it was some sort of Big Event.

Archived