DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

'Towers of Midnight' progress bar

mb

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of the latest Twitter update:

Blarg. This chapter I'm revising is really rough. Needs a structural rewrite.

Blarg? Cousin of Narg? Sweet!

Yeah I was wondering about that, what does a "structural rewrite" mean exactly?

Umm ... Brandon fubarred that Chapter basically. Aye?  I guess that means a total re-write of the chapter in question, similar to what occurred in tGS, when Brandon had to throw out an Aviendha chapter and start over again.

I wonder which one!?  :o

#    I promise this cliffhanger chapter isn't the last one in the book. In fact, it's closer to the front.    2:45 PM Jun 19th  via Twadget

# That chapter of TofM I just wrote ends with a cliffhanger. Sorry about that. I pick it up soon, though, so you won't have to wait long. 2:15 PM Jun 19th via Twadget

#    I promise this cliffhanger chapter isn't the last one in the book. In fact, it's closer to the front.     2:45 PM Jun 19th  via Twadget

# That chapter of TofM I just wrote ends with a cliffhanger. Sorry about that. I pick it up soon, though, so you won't have to wait long. 2:15 PM Jun 19th via Twadget

My bet is on a Perrin-Slayer chapter.

Aye, aye wonder which Cliffhanger Brandon was writing just then?

#1 - Aviendha, getting lost in the Glass Columns Mirror-type World?

#2 - Empress Fortuona, learning of an attempt to leash her with an a'dam?

#3 - Elayne, being captured by Moridin?

#4 - Egwene, being captured by Moridin & Mesaana?

#5 - Mat Cauthon almost dying in the Tower of Ghenjei, while saving Moiraine & Lanfear?

#6 - Borderlander Rulers being assassinated and or attacked? 

#7 - Queen Ethenielle's Swordbear dying while holding Sword of Kirukan?

After which, Nynaeve takes up the Sword of Kirukan, as she did in another

life, in another Age, as Kirukan herself? 

(Yes, Birgitte suggested this connection once before.) 

#8 - Valan Luca learns that Mat was right, "You might not like it if you really were ta'veren"--in Murandy (KoD, Ch.6)?  :o :'(

#    I promise this cliffhanger chapter isn't the last one in the book. In fact, it's closer to the front.     2:45 PM Jun 19th  via Twadget

Why would Elayne be kidnapped by Moridin? There are far more likely suspects.

Sylvase (while not Cyndane, may still be a darkfriend).

Duhara.

Black Ajah sisters in prison that could escape.

Demandred (was spying on her in TAR).

Cyndane (hates all Rand's honeys)

@ Dida: You know what?! I reallllly dislike you right now. (JK) I never even THOUGHT of some of those arcs. Now I really really really can't wait for this book lol. Think I started my re-read too late for this one though. Not as much time to read as I would have thought. Think I'll start at book 5. Hard though cause all my favorite stuff happens in the first 3 hahaha.

Duhara.

How about Davad Hanlon the DF ordered to basically do just that.

Duhara.

Hanlon's plot fell through, obviously, since Elayne was rescued. He blew his cover at the same time, so I'm not sure how he'd be able to pull off such a stunt a second time.

Duhara.

He's currently in the dungeon with the Black Ajah sisters. If they escape the sisters are much more likely to make a lot of trouble than Hanlon.

awesome 93%

Triple golf claps!

Plus, he said a couple of days ago on Twitter that he had two new scenes left to write and was going to finish one of them that night. One more chunk of new writing left to go, then, plus all the editing and whatnot to make sure Egwene doesn't grip the Amyrlin's "shawl" when she gets mad.

On a not-quite related topic, sometimes I dream that I'm reading a new WoT book and really, really weird things happen with the plot without any real resolution. I had a dream the other night that I picked up a copy of a "bridge-book" between TGS and ToM, about 250 pages of new material. It had a chapter where we see Moiraine alive and she was facing a forsaken she'd never seen before but who was wearing Balthamel's mask from tEoTW. And Mat was sitting outside the ToG among some ruins that looked a lot like the ruined hill fortress in Fellowship of the Ring, contemplating which side of the Tower he wanted to enter. Then I was at the end of the book and I was bummed out until I realized I'd skipped a hundred pages, and got happy again. But I don't remember what happened.

Heh, I'll let you know if I have any dreams about it - sometimes my dreams do literally happen. Once I dreamed of a test I had the next day, and the illustrations on the question paper were accurate in every regard - unfortunately I couldn't remember the questions when I woke up; but the illustrations stuck with me.

Awesome!  I really hope that Tor's decision to speed up the editing process is a good decision.  I want this book NOW, but I want it RIGHT even more.  It's okay to take the time.  Please don't rush through the editing process TOR!  (As if they can hear me).

Awesome!  I really hope that Tor's decision to speed up the editing process is a good decision.  I want this book NOW, but I want it RIGHT even more.  It's okay to take the time.  Please don't rush through the editing process TOR!  (As if they can hear me).

A lot of it's already been edited, and the original plan was for the final deadline to be Aug. 17, this being in line with the initial Oct. 26 release date. Even not taking into account the release date being pushed back, that's still a month and a half for final edits. Perhaps a bit rushed, but Harriet isn't going to let the book get released before she's happy with the editing job.

A lot of it's already been edited, and the original plan was for the final deadline to be Aug. 17, this being in line with the initial Oct. 26 release date. Even not taking into account the release date being pushed back, that's still a month and a half for final edits. Perhaps a bit rushed, but Harriet isn't going to let the book get released before she's happy with the editing job.

Good point.  I hope you're right.

It would be nice if there was an actual blog update about it, not just a tweet.  Brandon usually updates his blog each week on Monday or Tuesday, right?  Here's hoping it's tonight! 

Archived