DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

'Towers of Midnight' progress bar

mb

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's pretty safe to say the 1st not that one is Moraine and, in my opinion the second is either Lan and his army at the Gap or Loial and the Stump.  My vote is Lan.  I know people want to know who killed Asmo, others that think they know and some like me who don't care.  The problem asmo being 2nd is it doesn't advance the story any.  Badass being back and Lan getting his destiny advance the story.  Asmo is just a tidbit.

I think it's pretty safe to say the 1st not that one is Moraine and, in my opinion the second is either Lan and his army at the Gap or Loial and the Stump.  My vote is Lan.  I know people want to know who killed Asmo, others that think they know and some like me who don't care.  The problem asmo being 2nd is it doesn't advance the story any.  Badass being back and Lan getting his destiny advance the story.  Asmo is just a tidbit.

We're definitely going to see Malkieri in ToM. I noted earlier that Brandon let slip a few days earlier that one of the character names in ToM picked from the charity drive was Malkieri. He's been going through the manuscript over the past week or so inserting names from the charity drive list into places in the manuscript where he'd earlier just had placeholders for the names.

He also noted just a bit before that post that two of the other "charity drive-inspired" characters (I don't know what else to call them while maintaining brevity) were eaten by Trollocs (didn't say which two out of a group of five names he listed). So we're gonna see some Trolloc action as well.

Progress bar still sits at 87%.

Based on 300,000 words, that means he's still ~40,000 words short.  At 1,000 words per day, that's another 40 writing days.  That throws manuscript completion into July and maybe as late as 1 August.

Jordan said that the last books he did were published within 60 days of when he finished the manuscript.  Following that schedule, that leaves October for publishing and shipping to stores.

He might make it, but it's gonna be tight.

He recently said he had 291k done, this book is gonna be longer than 300k

Come on, don't ruin it Knobs Mahoney, let Dida believe in the tooth fairy for a little longer.

Would Knobs Mahoney and DemandredFO each just happen to be active are Theoryland Forum?  :-X

didnt he say the book was something like 75 chapters?

IIRC he guessed this one would be at least 20,000 words longer than TGS which roughly 300k. That's at minimum an extra 52 pages if font, margins, etc remain the same.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that 75 chapter Twitter post referring to Way of Kings?

Regardless, ToM is shaping up to be substantially longer than TGS.  No complaints here.

Come on, don't ruin it Knobs Mahoney, let Dida believe in the tooth fairy for a little longer.

Would Knobs Mahoney and DemandredFO each just happen to be active are Theoryland Forum?   :-X

I'm sure DemandredFO and I aren't the only people on this forum, much less the entire internet, to think your theories are a bit...odd...maybe even knuckleheaded. Gonna have to check out this "Theoryland" though...sounds like I may have a kindred spirit there.

Just ticked up to 88%.  (Golf clap)

Also, from his Twitter feed a few hours ago:

Also, just sent TofM version 7.0 to Team Jordan. Getting close to a complete draft now. Eight scenes left to write.

MMMmmm, I can taste completed draft...

Those must be some big scenes if they compose 12% of the book.

Also, just sent TofM version 7.0 to Team Jordan. Getting close to a complete draft now. Eight scenes left to write.

What does the F in TofM mean?

He's probably not doing an exact percentage at this point, since there's still a lot of revisions/editing left to be done before the book is submitted.  But if it is an exact percentage...those scenes will indeed be monstrously huge...even Trolloc-sized!

If i slipped him 500 bucks in cash, do you think he would give me an early copy?  I dont think I can wait 4 months.

I doubt it, especially for just $500.  But if everyone on dragonmount chipped in $100, we might be able to persuade him.

Towers of fracking Midnight?

A word we cannot say on a PG-13 forum. Apparently, Team Jordan are taking title suggestions from the people behind The Thick of It.

Archived