DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

'Towers of Midnight' progress bar

mb

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What hacks me off is last May Brandon was saying he would have "SHIFTING WINDS" finished by November 2009:

Brandon 5-9-09

"SHIFTING WINDS is the most important project for me to finish. It will be getting the largest share of my attention during the next year, and I'm going to do everything in my power to turn it in a little earlier than the previous book, perhaps even allowing for a release earlier next year than November. (I don't know if getting it in early will help that or not, but I'll try.) My self-imposed goal for finishing WINDS is November 3rd, so I'll have the rough draft done and turned in before I leave on tour."

Today he saying that he is hoping to get a rough draft finished by January 2010. This is obviously being orchestrated by TOR, so they will not be pressured by the fans to release "SHIFTING WINDS" early, rather than sitting on the finished manuscript until their pre-ordained November 2010 release date.

To me this has an overly ripe smell.

In that quote you posted, it says November 2009 was a "self imposed goal". Tor does not have a release date scheduled for WoT 13 yet. They'd LIKE to publish it in November 2010, but that's not a definite.

And you are completely ignoring that Scholastic has been waiting very patiently for the final Alcatraz novel and even extended his deadline for it to allow him time to work on WoT for us.

[iToday he saying that he is hoping to get a rough draft finished by January 2010. This is obviously being orchestrated by TOR, so they will not be pressured by the fans to release "SHIFTING WINDS" early, rather than sitting on the finished manuscript until their pre-ordained November 2010 release date.

][/i]

Dude get grasp on reality. Brandon said "My goal right now is to be done with Alcatraz by the time I'm back from Worldcon, and be through with the new outlines for WoT 13 by September 1st. The book is almost 2/3 done, so things still look good for getting it in by January.

He has a contractual obligation to Scholastic to produce the fourth Alcatraz book. How is him honoring his commitment to Scholastic a conspiracy by TOR to delay the publishing date of the second WOT book? Moreover, the fact that Tor has alreay stated that the second book will likely be published in November 2010 (in the holiday season) means it was going to be highly unlikely it would push up the publication date just because Brandon submitted the manuscript a month and a half early.

• 1 month later...

Now 58 percent.

Startin' to come together Pepper, startin' to come together!

This is actually coming faster then I expected. When it reaches 60 percent, I'm getting the wine.

Well he did mention in a recent blog post that he hoped to have it done by January and ready for a Fall 2010 release...so he's on target.

Now 58 percent.

Startin' to come together Pepper, startin' to come together!

This is actually coming faster then I expected. When it reaches 60 percent, I'm getting the wine.

Well he did mention in a recent blog post that he hoped to have it done by January and ready for a Fall 2010 release...so he's on target.

This calls for a celebration.

I'd advise to put all the celebrations off until the time when Brandon actually finishes the book. 42% of 300k is an aweful lot to write in less than three months (don't forget that he is going on a month-long book signing tour) even if the writing goes smoothly which, probably, won't be the case this time.

I'd advise to put all the celebrations off until the time when Brandon actually finishes the book. 42% of 300k is an aweful lot to write in less than three months (don't forget that he is going on a month-long book signing tour) even if the writing goes smoothly which, probably, won't be the case this time.

We knows he's got less to write because some written material (although we don't know how much...) by RJ isn't included yet in the %. BS only adds to the percentage when he uses RJ's written material.

Archived