DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game Over] Cliche Mafia - The Death of Meta - Sooh Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

As I said, when I voted him it was because he had the least amounts of posts. But I´m keeping it because of his (lack of) reaction. 

I don´t think it´s good to assume that we will mislynch someone. It´s possible to lynch mafia on D1. In this game it will of course be harder to do so, but we might get some information from the lynch. Otherwise we start D2 with no new information and (probably) a dead townie. 

Totally going to bed after this, but...

I thought you voted him because, Aliens?  :laugh:

Dice is tricky for me. I'm not convinced yet that his tone is Town, but I didn't find the 'lack' of posting  much different to the games I've played or seen of him as Town. On the other hand, I haven't got enough experience with Dice reactions to know what looks Town/Scum on him when he gets votes so early on. What reactions were you expecting? Can we count on them as 'meta' in this game? Are there other reasons that make him worth the leading train?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too easy for scum to hide with the other voters in all the 'confusion', IMO. Maybe I am wrong?

Any lynch provides SOME information. You don't [usually] get mislynches without *some* scum on the wagon. Plus, one of my pumpkin powers is scribe - I can guess how many scum were on the lynch for the day then be given a “less” or “more” answer from the mod.

My reason for voting Dice was that he had the least numbers of posts at that time, so I get what Verb is doing. 

Sooh, why are you voting Dice? 

Because he's always suspicious. I think he was born that way. Also I needed someone to vote for after Verbal said he wasn't scum.

Isn´t this like your second game? Maybe I´m wrong about that. How many times have you played with Dice and why do you always find him suspicious. 

Yes, it is. 

Eh, I don't know.. I think with Dice it's a question of always expecting the unexpected. That's my reason for now, but my vote is subject to change should something happen later on D1 to make me change my mind, either about him or about someone being scum. 

So the guess should be 2? :smile:

Does anyone think Cass could be protecting Tress in floating the no lynch option? Besides me of course

Who suggested the no lynch? One of my RL buddies gave me some advise before the break, which was if they dont want to lynch they are probably mafia. Which I am deaming sound advice.

So Cass is actively attempting to avoid a Tress lynch? Interesting.

[v Cass [/v]

As I said, when I voted him it was because he had the least amounts of posts. But I´m keeping it because of his (lack of) reaction. 

I don´t think it´s good to assume that we will mislynch someone. It´s possible to lynch mafia on D1. In this game it will of course be harder to do so, but we might get some information from the lynch. Otherwise we start D2 with no new information and (probably) a dead townie. 

Dice is tricky for me. I'm not convinced yet that his tone is Town, but I didn't find the 'lack' of posting  much different to the games I've played or seen of him as Town. On the other hand, I haven't got enough experience with Dice reactions to know what looks Town/Scum on him when he gets votes so early on. What reactions were you expecting? Can we count on them as 'meta' in this game? Are there other reasons that make him worth the leading train?

9189283.jpg

Well, he didn´t comment on my or Sooh´s votes, then he voted Sooh but unvoted her right away because he knew Sooh wouldn´t be here. 

My reason for voting Dice was that he had the least numbers of posts at that time, so I get what Verb is doing. 

Because he's always suspicious. I think he was born that way. Also I needed someone to vote for after Verbal said he wasn't scum.

Isn´t this like your second game? Maybe I´m wrong about that. How many times have you played with Dice and why do you always find him suspicious. 

Yes, it is. 

Eh, I don't know.. I think with Dice it's a question of always expecting the unexpected. That's my reason for now, but my vote is subject to change should something happen later on D1 to make me change my mind, either about him or about someone being scum. 

Since this is an Ithi mafia, I need to comment on your choice of words. "Either about him or someone being scum" - do you know that Dice isn´t scum?

Does anyone think Cass could be protecting Tress in floating the no lynch option? Besides me of course

It crossed my mind that she might protect someone. Not sure if it´s Tress.

Is the BT usually this slow with games? In a moment of complete boredom, I decided to ISO the bottom 3 posters. I chose the bottom 3 for two reasons:

1. I'm lazy and they had 5 or 6 posts each, which was easy to do.

2. In the last bunch of games, and frankly all the time, one of the scum members is in the bottom of posters. Like, all the time.

BOTTOM THREE: Panchi, Tress, Pralaya

In this game, it is difficult to case somebody on having no game-related posts due to the setup and roles involved, but I did it anyway.

Panchi

-votes Darthe and Hallia

-nothing else game-related

Tress

-no votes or game-related posts

Pralaya

-votes Yates

Ok. In looking at my posts, I don't really have much game-related posting, either. So I can't fault them for playing up their cliche(s) and joking around. But I literally have nowhere to look because nobody is posting. So I'm going to default to lynching low posters that haven't even voted (i.e. zero actual gameplay). So that leaves me with Tress. Sorry!

[unvote]

[v]Tress[/v]

In general I agree with the hypothesis that scum hang out with the bottom posters. (Insert overly-convoluted cliché theorem on scum behaviour and associated lack of player interaction here).

But at this point, in this specific game? ... Am I the only one uncomfortable with the idea of voting Tress/anyone because of low post count and lack of game-related content when majority 'no lynch' is a safe option? Wouldn't that be the best move if we're unsure/literally have nowhere to look/nobody is posting?

Did........did you just suggest a No Lynch on D1?

[unvote]

[v] Yates [/v]

Now we're cooking with some gas! I'd follow, but I like competing trains. Tress/Yates looks good for today.

Yates is always a good look for scum... What makes him worth a train though?

Pretty sure you just answered your own question?  I would not vote him for that anyway.  He counter claimed my role, the little jerkface.  He can swing for it!

Totally not no lynching btw because we have no clue what is going on and will continue to not have a clue until we get some data and people cool their jets on the cliches.

I agree with a Darthe post.  If there is a vig, you probably want to shoot me now to ease my suffering.

Tress only has 1 vote and is not in the lead....not sure what you're implying....

Posting intent to vote Cass if the train builds enough.  I'd switch now, but that makes my vote on Tress completely insignificant, and I'd prefer to have her respond and render it insignificant through gameplay instead.

I am not convinced by Ley. I understant that his cliche could be being paranoid of others and hence his posts talking about whether scum is discussing about voting him in QT or not. But, some other posts stand out, which doesn't match with the paranoid cliche.

For example, this one

That vote more than the others pushes me a little too far into the lead, Hallia.  Any specific reason for that, considering the majority of play thus far has clearly been joking around and having fun with our cliches?

Actually she put Darthe at 3 right before that.

That's a direct nudge, especially looking like trying to push Hallia further into being suspected. As I said earlier, this looks quite different from Ley's other posts around the time.

One or two similar posts also stood out for me in the last couple of days.

[unvote]

[v] Ley [/v]

Tress only has 1 vote and is not in the lead....not sure what you're implying....

Exactly.

However, I am more intrigued by those who jumped up in support of this Turin post quite easily - *cough* RTE.

@BFG i didnt think it was right considering she especially messaged me about it

Torn between my natural inclination and a cliché right now :unsure:

Dice is a gentleman, clearly...

And I need to go back and read. Has everyone checked in yet?

Don't let him fool you :wink:

Pretty sure that technically everyone's posted, I can't remember if they've posted since day officially started

BFG, did you end up deciding between your natural inclination and chosen cliché when it comes to Dice?

Honest thoughts/gut feelings on his play so far this game?

Natural inclination, mostly.

Somewhere between relaxed and over the top. Not much of one for gut feels

Is the BT usually this slow with games? In a moment of complete boredom, I decided to ISO the bottom 3 posters. I chose the bottom 3 for two reasons:

1. I'm lazy and they had 5 or 6 posts each, which was easy to do.

2. In the last bunch of games, and frankly all the time, one of the scum members is in the bottom of posters. Like, all the time.

BOTTOM THREE: Panchi, Tress, Pralaya

In this game, it is difficult to case somebody on having no game-related posts due to the setup and roles involved, but I did it anyway.

Panchi

-votes Darthe and Hallia

Tress

-no votes or game-related posts

Pralaya

-votes Yates

Ok. In looking at my posts, I don't really have much game-related posting, either. So I can't fault them for playing up their cliche(s) and joking around. But I literally have nowhere to look because nobody is posting. So I'm going to default to lynching low posters that haven't even voted (i.e. zero actual gameplay). So that leaves me with Tress. Sorry!

[unvote]

[v]Tress[/v]

In general I agree with the hypothesis that scum hang out with the bottom posters. (Insert overly-convoluted cliché theorem on scum behaviour and associated lack of player interaction here).

But at this point, in this specific game? ... Am I the only one uncomfortable with the idea of voting Tress/anyone because of low post count and lack of game-related content when majority 'no lynch' is a safe option? Wouldn't that be the best move if we're unsure/literally have nowhere to look/nobody is posting?

it was SAID with vivid imagery in my head lol

Wide mouth wide open eyes   the whole shebang!

The 'overdone pretend innocence' sort of whole shebang?

Kind of what I'm getting from your tone...

Dicey, you scum?

nope!  You? and what do you mean PRETEND innocence??  im ALWAYS innocent! you know that!!

this games maaking me feel silly. All the cliches make it so i cant read anyone and i wanna play around with mine soooo   silly it is!

Nope, Town again.

And what I know is that you're a Sarm right down to the core... and you'll get away with whatever mischief you possible can - even if it means feigning innocence. So nice try but I'm still watching you ;P

hybrid hammer is where the person with the most votes at DL is lynched. doesnt matter if its majority or not.  you can get lynched with one vote on u

Thanks for clearing that up... >.>

lol your getting point in both Orgs for that one

Not here Dice. Band rules don't apply here *spills a drink* :biggrin:

[unvote]

[v] Darthe [/v]

*Shudders involuntarily*

*Rants about the increased likelihood of brew-wasters being scum, based on the convoluted theory that wasting brew is a scummy act, wherever it's performed*

Panchi, is that a serious vote? Why Darthe?

You have been well trained i see   nods

a) its one vote on day one so what reaction do you expect? and 

b) if i react i get jumped on for being defensive.  Pick one.

Also I obviously reacted to soohs vote   you said it ure self i voted her and then unvoted her

Who suggested the no lynch? One of my RL buddies gave me some advise before the break, which was if they dont want to lynch they are probably mafia. Which I am deaming sound advice.

Intriguing.

I may require you to elucidate further as regards the sage wisdom imparted to you by said acquaintance.

I am not convinced by Ley. I understant that his cliche could be being paranoid of others and hence his posts talking about whether scum is discussing about voting him in QT or not. But, some other posts stand out, which doesn't match with the paranoid cliche.

For example, this one

That vote more than the others pushes me a little too far into the lead, Hallia.  Any specific reason for that, considering the majority of play thus far has clearly been joking around and having fun with our cliches?

Actually she put Darthe at 3 right before that.

That's a direct nudge, especially looking like trying to push Hallia further into being suspected. As I said earlier, this looks quite different from Ley's other posts around the time.

One or two similar posts also stood out for me in the last couple of days.

[unvote]

[v] Ley [/v]

I'd say it's just me finding it hard to both be paranoid AND serious in one and the same post...

Then again, you probably don't care because you want to get me killed.

9189283.jpg

Well, he didn´t comment on my or Sooh´s votes, then he voted Sooh but unvoted her right away because he knew Sooh wouldn´t be here. 

Yes, it is. 

Since this is an Ithi mafia, I need to comment on your choice of words. "Either about him or someone being scum" - do you know that Dice isn´t scum?

No, I don't know anything about him being scum or not. I voted him mostly just to poke him, and I haven't seen anything to convince me one way or another since. He may or may not as far as I can see..

[unvote]

Vote Count

Verbal - 1 (Yates)

Hallia - 1 (Turin)

Yates - 1 (Leyrann)

Dice – 2 (Tina, Tress)

Darthe – 1 (Panchi)

Leyrann - 2 (Darthe, Pralaya)

Tress - 2 (Verbal, Hallia)

Cass - 2 (RTE, Shadar)

Not voting - 4 (BFG, Dice, Cass, Sooh)

Day one ends 9 PM GMT 18 March 2015

with 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150318T21&p0=136&msg=end+of+day+1

You have 23 Hours

I think I found the mistake ... it was way, way back. About Page 19.

When you voted Tress I wrote down Tress and then basically had it as Tress voting for herself. Then when she changed her vote I moved the HalliaTress vote away - when I should have moved the TressTress vote.

It totally makes sense.

And I've corrected all the vote counts I messed up.

Sorry :blush:

I will never vote you Dice. Unless I use one of my wagon analysis powers and it strongly suggests you are scum. Brothers for LIFE!

blue  im telling mum you lied again!

red  True

Assuming one of your clichés is to use LOTS of punctuation!!!!! The only posts made without it are this one, the ones about Sooh's access difficulties and answering about hybrid hammer. why did this make you slip out of role?

Archived