DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game Over] Cliche Mafia - The Death of Meta - Sooh Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May I point out deadline is in a few hours and this is a normal hammer game, which most likely means something like no coroner report if we don't each a majority?

No you may not. No coroner sucks so we aren't going to say those words here.

It's true though

Did you just say I suck?

Oh well. :tongue:

Cass why would I want to trip you up? Thats a good way to make townies look bad. You look bad of your own accord and I am merely reacting to recognizing that.

So communicate better with me. What, specifically, makes you think that the post you voted me for didn't come from me as Town?  I tried pretty hard to make sure I was clear and explaining my thought processes and actions to the full extent. I don't understand where you're coming from when you say I 'look bad'. TBH, I'm going to be annoyed if you are Town and you don't remove your vote because of this - especially if you leave it there without giving better reasons than a generalised 'she's scum' / 'you look bad'. You say you don't want to trip me up, but you're not engaging/communicating like you're trying to figure me out -  at all - and  I don't believe you believe I'm scum at this point. You've given me no solid/understandable reasons as to why you'd have your wires crossed enough to think me scum, and either way I don't see how you pushing me this way is good for Town. 

I'm going to address everything you asked me here but it's going to take a bit of explaining so.. yeah.  Btw it'll all work better if you read it in the voice of the narrator from The Stanley Parable.

First, let's start by saying that I like to vote people D1 without much reason and see how they react (I'll never admit this again so enjoy it while you can).  Reactions are essentially the name of my game because, barring extenuating circumstances, I generally take time to figure out the mafia because I suck at it.  Learned that long ago and so instead I fake it through a combination of other things I am good at, namely finding townies, putting myself in someone elses shoes, statistics and general game analytics such as the setup etc.  Thus I rely heavily on other teammates to weed out scum and I need to be able and trust those people well or else it becomes detrimental to our health pretty quickly.  

With that stated let's take a step back.  You were getting traction and I voted you.  Called it scummy, did a few cliche things etc and waited to see what you would do.  It's all stuff that everyone else does and watches and contemplates etc and it's really uninformative.  Unless you're involved.  Case en pointe, do you gain more from reading what two people say to one another or from being one of the two people?  The answer is obviously the second because you aren't concerned about the alignment of two entities involved but instead about just one.  There's a whole list of reasons that is better but that seems to cover it well enough.  

Another point to be made here is that mafia wants people to trust them.  Trust is very helpful and creates a lot of biases that get in the way of scumhunting.  That's bad early on but it's also something a lot of townies buy in to because it's a lot more comfortable than being a prick and digging into everyone objectively.  You asked about me explaining myself and frankly I didn't have much reason to do so at the time because why would I want to provide additional information to someone I didn't trust?  The only reason would be to get you to better understand my motivations and become more comfortable acting based off of them.  I didn't want that for two reasons.  The first is that if you come to either trust or mistrust me (funny how opposites elicit similar results) you'll think less critically (because why would I not want you to think critically about me?) and suffice it to say that that historically isn't beneficial for either of us (lookin at that last game). Secondly you're more reactive so you illicit better responses.  

In essence, the less comfortable and more interactive you are the better I can gauge you and that often seems to lead me down the right path.  There are a host of things that go into each interaction and hypothetically that pans out.  I didn't get that you were town from our interaction btw.  I think it'd be silly to assume a read based on one or two things any time after page ~5.  What I got is that you are likely not doing enough to warrant the train on you and then Panchi, who has thus far made no sense, decided to bandwagon what appeared to be a popular train and suddenly you looked a whole lot better than she did.

Finally. Thank you. If the thing about finding Townies  and statistics etc is true, you and I work totally opposite and one day we need to hydra to learn how to do the other stuff in a way that doesn't end up with us as leading trains/killed.

I'm also aware that I have made the way I work and struggle public knowledge, and that this can/will likely be twisted at some point by clever mafia. 

Logically, what you've said makes sense. On the face of it, I want it to be true and an indication that you're less scummy than you are town.

I'm not quite stupid enough to ever make that call. But the effort is enough for me to not vote you, for now.

Which makes the decision of who I want to try and focus on right now just that little bit easier.

Anyone on my train is highly potential scum to me right now. OMGUS and the fact that I don't think any 'case' on me warrants/warranted a real vote.

That means RTE, Shadar, Turin, Panchi, Leyrann - and they voted in that order. 

I haven't found any of their tones convincing, and I had unhappy-gut feels about all of them at some point so far.

[v]Panchi[/i] cos I just saw the CFD when hunting through ISOs of those five. More fool me if you and Yates are mafia and just stringing me along.

I've abandoned votes post for now in favour of quick ISOs of those on my train. I'll start spewing out things I found as sus as I go along. Both in case I die and in case I feel one of the others is more likely.

Vote Count

Dice – 2 (Tina, Tress)

Leyrann - 1 (Pralaya)

Tress - 2 (Verbal,Hallia)

Cass - 5 (RTE, Shadar, Turin, Panchi, Leyrann )

Panchi - 5 (Darthe, Dice, Sooh, Yates, Cass)

Not voting - 1 (BFG)

Day one ends 9 PM GMT 18 March 2015

with 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150318T21&p0=136&msg=end+of+day+1

You have 1 Hour 15 mins

Archived