DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game Over] Cliche Mafia - The Death of Meta - Sooh Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

Ithi is cass really self voting?

I am definitely not self voting. I am the only one I know is Town.

Cass why would I want to trip you up? Thats a good way to make townies look bad. You look bad of your own accord and I am merely reacting to recognizing that.

So communicate better with me. What, specifically, makes you think that the post you voted me for didn't come from me as Town?  I tried pretty hard to make sure I was clear and explaining my thought processes and actions to the full extent. I don't understand where you're coming from when you say I 'look bad'. TBH, I'm going to be annoyed if you are Town and you don't remove your vote because of this - especially if you leave it there without giving better reasons than a generalised 'she's scum' / 'you look bad'. You say you don't want to trip me up, but you're not engaging/communicating like you're trying to figure me out -  at all - and  I don't believe you believe I'm scum at this point. You've given me no solid/understandable reasons as to why you'd have your wires crossed enough to think me scum, and either way I don't see how you pushing me this way is good for Town. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Cass vote on Cass is,really me I think.

@Cass, no I don't feel better after your explanation. It still appears to me you were defending tress by trying to make it look like a general feeling if not lynching inactive players. The blue segment in particular I find troubling. If your intent was to make a general statement then why include any names at all? It makes your original statement look more like subliminal advertising.

The first section of your explanation about how you were sketchy on Verb would have been a more proper way to go about looking at it IMO. Critique his case.

The Darthe nudging is unsettling also. You seem to be pretty much calling him mafia but then not voting him. I'm curious why you aren't.

Thanks for answering and giving me reasons for your suspicion. My intent was to question Verbal's logic of voting players based on low post count/lack of game related posts at that point in the game. I mentioned Tress because that's who Verbal voted. If he had made an excuse for Tress and voted either of the others he had mentioned in his post, my comment would have read '(but at this point, in this specific game) ... Am I the only one uncomfortable with the idea of voting [their name]/anyone because of low post count and lack of game-related content..' 

I wanted to see what, if any, information would come from asking a question before I made my point. This is me trying to improve my Town game, not me messing things up as Scum. Unless you count the Arthurian game I just tried to sub in on (immediately before N1 and where I got insta-killed as the lover linked to an unlucky vig shot pretty much straight away), this is the third DM game I've played. Apart from that I've attempted a couple of PoG turbos and and 2 insane mishmashes which I failed (as Town). 

The Darthe nudging without voting (yet) is because I am yet to play a game with Darthe where I do not insta-think him likely scum. The last game he was being almost equally 'scummy' (that's putting it nicely) and his alignment was with Town. If/when  he's Town, he's (arguably) a valuable player to have at later game. I'm trying to understand why he plays like this. I'm not calling him outright mafia yet, but you're right in that I am thinking that he sounds like scum. To me he does. But apparently there is a difference, in the early game especially, because it's Darthe. If he doesn't bother explaining further/communicating before EoD, I may vote him because: he is scummy and it annoys me, he could very well be Scum again, and probably also because of a fair amount of OMGUS. At this point that doesn't seem enough.

Cass and Darthe are mentioned twice and I am missing in VC along with Turin.

Voting Cass looks a good option. If she is mafia, Tress would be under strong FoS.

To look further in game: Pral is Verb's first town read. If one of them turns mafia, other could be too. Also, read Pral's post again because along logic is sound logic after all and clear head might show new things.

For now,

[unvote]

[v]Cass[/v]

This is getting ridiculous. Voting me is not a good option, unless you are ok with killing Town straight up on D1.

@ Panchi: What? 

I don't agree. Obviously I may be biased because I'm me, I know I'm Town and I really want to play, but voting most probable mafia looks a better option. *Pouts* Jumping on a train without questioning the 'logic' which started it, or those who are keen to get it rolling without giving real explanations is not a good idea - unless you are siding with Scum. IMO it's just as risky as letting a random player be killed. Knowing 100% I am Town and that you're not going to get as much from my death as you think/suggest you are, I actually think it's worse.

Voting Cass looks a good option. If she is mafia, Tress would be under strong FoS.

To look further in game: Pral is Verb's first town read. If one of them turns mafia, other could be too. Also, read Pral's post again because along logic is sound logic after all and clear head might show new things.

For now,

[unvote]

[v]Cass[/v]

I disagree with almost all of your posts...

Thought I posted this earlier.  :\

Is the BT usually this slow with games? In a moment of complete boredom, I decided to ISO the bottom 3 posters. I chose the bottom 3 for two reasons:

1. I'm lazy and they had 5 or 6 posts each, which was easy to do.

2. In the last bunch of games, and frankly all the time, one of the scum members is in the bottom of posters. Like, all the time.

BOTTOM THREE: Panchi, Tress, Pralaya

In this game, it is difficult to case somebody on having no game-related posts due to the setup and roles involved, but I did it anyway.

Panchi
-votes Darthe and Hallia
-nothing else game-related

Tress
-no votes or game-related posts

Pralaya
-votes Yates
-nothing else game-related

Ok. In looking at my posts, I don't really have much game-related posting, either. So I can't fault them for playing up their cliche(s) and joking around. But I literally have nowhere to look because nobody is posting. So I'm going to default to lynching low posters that haven't even voted (i.e. zero actual gameplay). So that leaves me with Tress. Sorry!

[unvote]
[v]Tress[/v]

In general I agree with the hypothesis that scum hang out with the bottom posters. (Insert overly-convoluted cliché theorem on scum behaviour and associated lack of player interaction here).

But at this point, in this specific game? ... Am I the only one uncomfortable with the idea of voting Tress/anyone because of low post count and lack of game-related content when majority 'no lynch' is a safe option? Wouldn't that be the best move if we're unsure/literally have nowhere to look/nobody is posting?

1. Did........did you just suggest a No Lynch on D1?

[unvote]

[v] Yates [/v]

Now we're cooking with some gas! I'd follow, but I like competing trains. Tress/Yates looks good for today.

Yates is always a good look for scum... What makes him worth a train though?

2. Pretty sure you just answered your own question?  I would not vote him for that anyway.  He counter claimed my role, the little jerkface.  He can swing for it!

Totally not no lynching btw because we have no clue what is going on and will continue to not have a clue until we get some data and people cool their jets on the cliches.

3. I agree with a Darthe post.  If there is a vig, you probably want to shoot me now to ease my suffering.

So the guess should be 2? :smile:

Does anyone think Cass could be protecting Tress in floating the no lynch option? Besides me of course

4. Tress only has 1 vote and is not in the lead....not sure what you're implying....

1. No, I suggested that I would be uncomfortable following your vote and that I didn't trust your 'logic', particularly at that point of this particular game. I asked for people's opinion on no lynch in that instance. There is a difference. Do you agree or disagree?

2. That question was actually more directed at Ley.

3. Lol

4. (@ Turin) I'm not 'protecting' Tress. She is a bottom poster and didn't start posting game related stuff until after that point. Both of these things I tend to think of as more common in scum than Town. I was questioning the suggestion that that was enough for a serious vote on her, following Verb's stated 'logic' and at that particular point in the game. 

For now,

[unvote]

[v]Cass[/v]

I disagree with almost all of your posts...

Cass what do you need explained? There's some disconnect here.

There's a lot of disconnect here. And your above two posts are part of it. (You disagree, but you're happy to stick with a vote on me?)

I don't need anything 'explained' I need clues as to whether you're being Scummy because you're SCUM, or because you're Town who always plays like scum. 

I've explained myself, my thoughts, my actions. I've tried being clear and asking specific questions, and you've talked around the issue and made more weak statements that I'm scum, without really engaging with me.  

You seem scummy on the face of it but that means little until you actually engage with me. So let me try again, for understanding if you're Town, for records if you're Scum.

For starters how about committing to:

1. What about the post/explanations immediately before your vote made you think/say 'NVM, Cass is just Scum?';
  2. Does that post really make no sense to you, from the perspective I am Town? 
  3. Do you really think I'm probably Scum? And the best person to be voting so far in this game? If so, give specific reasons why. 
  4. Who else do you have leans on/why?

And then, if you're Town and you have leans on anyone else, share them in a way that makes sense and get your vote off me: I am Town.

@ Turin, I haven't decided yet, that's why I have no vote. I'm trying to put together coherent ISOs and leans and stuff as we speak. I'm struggling, it's 3:30am.

Besides me, who is yours, and why?

Scratch that, I'm going back to where I was up to with general votes/associated notes before I got distracted. It's not polished, I have no idea yet if any of it/how much of it is relevant, and as of right now it only goes up to post #407 last night. I'll post as soon as the basics in it are caught up.

@Yates. You know I don't do Town leans. I haven't figured out what's going on between you and Verbal with the claims and you, the way you play and your potential subtle hints-or-scum-traps-or-nothings will always make me nervous. I haven't ISO'd you and so I don't have a 'real' lean. Off the top of my head, I'm less concerned about you than I was right at the beginning. I have no idea if this is a good or bad thing, and am not silly enough to think that me being less concerned for now would have anything to do with your actual alignment. 

Honest enough?

What's your read on me? And why?

Current suspects off the top of my head. I have been limited to phone since Monday so will miss some people.

Cass: already mentioned.

Tress: lawyer talk plus associative as potential teammate.

Yates: cause Yates. Just saw him wreck another game as mafia. Inherent tinfoil. Now that game is over he may become more readable.

Sooh? There was something in her dice interactions that peeked my ears.

Dice: same with him regarding sooh. It look liked a sign of tentative dice which I associate more with mafia dice.

Panchi: all following but that unfortunately is typical.

Tina: if she has time to.meme she should have timee to give more thoughts. Let's hope for more in future. The no time memes were the ones to bug me some.

Pral: slight town lean.

Verb: same.

Darthe: darthe. Unknown.

Hallia: mixed null. Weird voting pattern but might be cliche related. Need to kook into later when have computer.

Ley: town lean. Will show himself not town if not town.

Anyone else hasn't registered very much

Honest enough?

Honest enough. Assuming you don't already know my alignment.   :wink: 

I don't have one. Because I haven't really been paying attention to this game and the early part was too overwhelming with meme spam. Guess I should check you out in ISO, though?

Why are you being wagoned, in your opinion?

Yates: cause Yates. Just saw him wreck another game as mafia. Inherent tinfoil.

:wub:

Now that game is over he may become more readable.

Hopefully. Though I think I should already be a Blue read across the board. I counterclaimed Flying Pumpkin and no one has challenged me on that. I also counterclaimed my meta and no one has challenged that either. Do you think more than one person can have the same meta in this game?

Yates: cause Yates. Just saw him wreck another game as mafia. Inherent tinfoil.

:wub:

Now that game is over he may become more readable.

Hopefully. Though I think I should already be a Blue read across the board. I counterclaimed Flying Pumpkin and no one has challenged me on that. I also counterclaimed my meta and no one has challenged that either. Do you think more than one person can have the same meta in this game?
Absolutely it is possible :thom:

Honest enough?

Honest enough. Assuming you don't already know my alignment.   :wink: 

I don't have one. Because I haven't really been paying attention to this game and the early part was too overwhelming with meme spam. Guess I should check you out in ISO, though?

Why are you being wagoned, in your opinion?

Whether you should check me out in ISO depends on whether or not you're Scum. If you're Town, go for it. If you're Scum I don't want you a million miles close to my play so far this game.

I'm not sure why you want my opinion on why I'm being wagoned (FYI it's when you ask me questions like this, phrased like this that you freak me out. All the games I've seen of you are scum, and you ask questions just like this to set your traps every single time).

I have two guesses at this stage:

- I'm struggling to pick my Town game up enough from the cover of 'helpless, wordy noob' that I actually sound like Scum. >.<  and/or

- Scum think I'm going to be a pain in the ... pumpkin laser shooter.

Potentially both, and unfortunately for me, neither one is ranking higher in my mind than the other. 

The first option sucks for my ego, but is entirely possible. No idea how it would've gone in the Arthurian game, but I failed miserably in the PoG mishmashes when I tried to step up after my noob game. 

The second is more narcissistic, and so is the theory that if it's the second, then the Scum team may be being influenced by someone who's played with me before and commented positively on my play (You, Darthe, Tress, BFG, Tina, Dice).

It may be neither, but you asked and that's currently where I'm at.

Also - gambler's fallacy suggests I can't be anti-Town 3 games in a row. I'm as Town as Town gets.   :cool:

For me this would be 4 games of you being anti-Town in a row. You've already broken the gambler's fallacy with me there.

Archived