DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game Over] Cliche Mafia - The Death of Meta - Sooh Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

We all do. Ithi says she isnt enforcing them though so we can use them as often or sporadically as we wish.

Yes, but I'm having fun with mine, so I've been trying to use it as much as possible.  But I don't like the blatant push to 3 votes that Hallia just did - makes me the leader when nobody else has more than 1......which to me is taking the game out of the RVS and into the actual game.  I'm ok with that, but people were still kinda messing around and her vote is pinging to me as a result.

While you're here, can you fill me in on that 3rd vote you had placed on me before the weekend?  Your ISO shows a bunch of unvote/votes, so I'm guessing that is part of your cliche.  But you earlier defended me and voted somebody for placing "blame" on me, and then turned around and voted me without an explanation as to why.  Now you're following me to Tress.

So here I am, trying to separate the cliche with the gameplay.  Can you explain for me, please?

So you're ok with Hallia voting you to get out of the joke phase; but it pings that she's doing it while everyone else is joking...

this was fine, but you brought it up again, why?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who suggested the no lynch? One of my RL buddies gave me some advise before the break, which was if they dont want to lynch they are probably mafia. Which I am deaming sound advice.

Intriguing.

I may require you to elucidate further as regards the sage wisdom imparted to you by said acquaintance.

Ok what do you wish to know. He is a fellow physics major, and we were working on optics, and he brought up a live stream of star craft 2, where we were watching a tournament where Life was play againt Innovation, I dont know the real spelling for the user name. So I brought up that I was playing a mafia game for the first time. And he told me a story and gave the advice about the no vote. Of course I dont know where he plays but it was good advice at the time it seemed.

Now the story he told was interesting to becuase apparently they use skype, which sound like it would be fun, and also the group he plays with does things very formally. Which was interesting to hear about too.

Is the BT usually this slow with games? In a moment of complete boredom, I decided to ISO the bottom 3 posters. I chose the bottom 3 for two reasons:

1. I'm lazy and they had 5 or 6 posts each, which was easy to do.

2. In the last bunch of games, and frankly all the time, one of the scum members is in the bottom of posters. Like, all the time.

BOTTOM THREE: Panchi, Tress, Pralaya

In this game, it is difficult to case somebody on having no game-related posts due to the setup and roles involved, but I did it anyway.

Panchi

-votes Darthe and Hallia

-nothing else game-related

Tress

-no votes or game-related posts

Pralaya

-votes Yates

Ok. In looking at my posts, I don't really have much game-related posting, either. So I can't fault them for playing up their cliche(s) and joking around. But I literally have nowhere to look because nobody is posting. So I'm going to default to lynching low posters that haven't even voted (i.e. zero actual gameplay). So that leaves me with Tress. Sorry!

[unvote]

[v]Tress[/v]

In general I agree with the hypothesis that scum hang out with the bottom posters. (Insert overly-convoluted cliché theorem on scum behaviour and associated lack of player interaction here).

But at this point, in this specific game? ... Am I the only one uncomfortable with the idea of voting Tress/anyone because of low post count and lack of game-related content when majority 'no lynch' is a safe option? Wouldn't that be the best move if we're unsure/literally have nowhere to look/nobody is posting?

This was why I asked if Cass is specifically protecting Tress because she responded to a Tress vote and specifically said she was uncomfortable voting Tress (throwing in anyone else more as cover IMO) when bringing up the idea of no lynch.

If people think Cass is protecting someone else please give your candidates.

Pral, I think you are incorrect on Ley. That looks more like a typical Info post by helpful Ley.

[unvote]

[V] Cass [/v]

Is the BT usually this slow with games? In a moment of complete boredom, I decided to ISO the bottom 3 posters. I chose the bottom 3 for two reasons:

1. I'm lazy and they had 5 or 6 posts each, which was easy to do.

2. In the last bunch of games, and frankly all the time, one of the scum members is in the bottom of posters. Like, all the time.

BOTTOM THREE: Panchi, Tress, Pralaya

In this game, it is difficult to case somebody on having no game-related posts due to the setup and roles involved, but I did it anyway.

Panchi

-votes Darthe and Hallia

Tress

-no votes or game-related posts

Pralaya

-votes Yates

Ok. In looking at my posts, I don't really have much game-related posting, either. So I can't fault them for playing up their cliche(s) and joking around. But I literally have nowhere to look because nobody is posting. So I'm going to default to lynching low posters that haven't even voted (i.e. zero actual gameplay). So that leaves me with Tress. Sorry!

[unvote]

[v]Tress[/v]

In general I agree with the hypothesis that scum hang out with the bottom posters. (Insert overly-convoluted cliché theorem on scum behaviour and associated lack of player interaction here).

But at this point, in this specific game? ... Am I the only one uncomfortable with the idea of voting Tress/anyone because of low post count and lack of game-related content when majority 'no lynch' is a safe option? Wouldn't that be the best move if we're unsure/literally have nowhere to look/nobody is posting?

This was why I asked if Cass is specifically protecting Tress because she responded to a Tress vote and specifically said she was uncomfortable voting Tress (throwing in anyone else more as cover IMO) when bringing up the idea of no lynch.

If people think Cass is protecting someone else please give your candidates.

Pral, I think you are incorrect on Ley. That looks more like a typical Info post by helpful Ley.

[unvote]

[V] Cass [/v]

Some thoughts and info on this before I go back and address the other stuff I've missed.

1. The red in Verb's original post is what initially caught my eye and made me want to focus on this post. Specifically because I had/have Verb as a wary null, and I wanted to see where this could lead. I can't decide whether the things that have stood out to me about his posts have been him setting things up as Town hunting for Scum or him playing Scum and lining up Town.

So far, I felt like this was his most potentially scum-motivated post. At the base of it, he votes a particular player for low posting, immediately after he points out that nobody is posting, and that he can't fault players for cliches and joking around since he doesn't have much game-related posting either. But he votes for those reasons all the same. It seems weak. In the tone and structure of it all, it's his largest, most 'explanatory' post so far in the game, and it has a self-deprecating ring to it that none of his other posts have. It looks like 'work', but it feels off, like he's trying too hard to get people on side. That seems scummy to me and I don't necessarily see him working that way as Town. Why not just vote Tress and say 'because she has no votes or game-related posts'? Even if you have the cliché 'Inactives lyncher' why would you actually try to start a lynch on nothing but those reasons, as Town, so early in this game?

2. The blue is me summarising the above thoughts in a way I hoped would garner information.

3. The issue of 'no lynch' is a separate operation. It's not intentionally related to defending Tress, or any other player. I am not against lynching reasonable candidates on D1, and I know that any lynch provides some level of information. I do believe that this is an easy argument for scum to manipulate to their advantage. I am actually not advocating either way, at this point. That will depend on what I think of the trains and the arguments for and against at the end of the day. I brought it up here because it was applicable in this situation and I wanted to see who argued for and against and how. The last time I pushed for lynch over no lynch I was Scum hoping for an early kill.

4. Turin, stuff is red in your post because I find it disturbing. Are you less suspicious now that I've explained? What if I told you I have no interest in defending anyone specific at this point, and that it's really not in my nature to attempt to find/defend people I think may be Town, at all?

Also, why are you fishing for who other people think I may or may not defend?

It's things like that, where you just said you've played one game as mafia and see that you're different this game.  You might mean exactly that but when reading it it sounds like you mean you've played one game as mafia before now.  

'Things like that' does not explain your previous post, why you haven't offered opinions of the points I raised or judgement on the likely truth/the tone or manner in which I raised them, or why you feel that potential misinterpretation of what I'm trying to say is enough for you to cast your vote.

If you were Town considering I may be scum, why not try and make me trip up somewhere and give you something more concrete?

This feels like you pushing for a quick mislynch because you don't want to/can't be bothered to/don't need to figure me out, and it stinks.

'Things like that' does not explain your previous post, why you haven't offered opinions of the points I raised or judgement on the likely truth/the tone or manner in which I raised them, or why you feel that potential misinterpretation of what I'm trying to say is enough for you to cast your vote.

If you were Town considering I may be scum, why not try and make me trip up somewhere and give you something more concrete?

This feels like you pushing for a quick mislynch because you don't want to/can't be bothered to/don't need to figure me out, and it stinks.

I should say feels like you're either Town who can't be bothered communicating/figuring me out or Scum who's pushing for quick mislynch.

Either way it stinks.

I see that you corrected yourself but it really looks like you are not considering Darthe as mafia in the first post. 

I should say feels like you're either Town who can't be bothered communicating/figuring me out or Scum who's pushing for quick mislynch.

Either way it stinks.

I see that you corrected yourself but it really looks like you are not considering Darthe as mafia in the first post.

I'm not sure what you mean by that? The bold is me considering Darthe more likely Scum than Town. In my mind there is more weight on that suspicion in the first paragraph than in the second.

I will never vote you Dice. Unless I use one of my wagon analysis powers and it strongly suggests you are scum. Brothers for LIFE!

blue  im telling mum you lied again!

red  True

Assuming one of your clichés is to use LOTS of punctuation!!!!! The only posts made without it are this one, the ones about Sooh's access difficulties and answering about hybrid hammer. why did this make you slip out of role?

lol!!  nah thats just how im talking. I told ya this game was making me silly!!

Vote Count

Verbal - 1 (Yates)

Yates - 1 (Leyrann)

Dice – 2 (Tina, Tress)

Leyrann - 2 (Darthe, Pralaya)

Tress - 2 (Verbal, Hallia)

Cass - 4 (RTE, Shadar, Turin , Darthe)

Not voting - 4 (BFG, Dice, Cass, Sooh)

Day one ends 9 PM GMT 18 March 2015

with 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150318T21&p0=136&msg=end+of+day+1

You have 7 1/2 Hours

The Cass vote on Cass is,really me I think.

@Cass, no I don't feel better after your explanation. It still appears to me you were defending tress by trying to make it look like a general feeling if not lynching inactive players. The blue segment in particular I find troubling. If your intent was to make a general statement then why include any names at all? It makes your original statement look more like subliminal advertising.

The first section of your explanation about how you were sketchy on Verb would have been a more proper way to go about looking at it IMO. Critique his case.

The Darthe nudging is unsettling also. You seem to be pretty much calling him mafia but then not voting him. I'm curious why you aren't.

Cass and Darthe are mentioned twice and I am missing in VC along with Turin.

Voting Cass looks a good option. If she is mafia, Tress would be under strong FoS.

To look further in game: Pral is Verb's first town read. If one of them turns mafia, other could be too. Also, read Pral's post again because along logic is sound logic after all and clear head might show new things.

For now,

[unvote]

[v]Cass[/v]

Unofficial Vote Count

Verbal - 1 (Yates)

Yates - 1 (Leyrann)

Dice – 2 (Tina, Tress)

Leyrann - 1 (Pralaya)

Tress - 2 (Verbal,Hallia)

Cass - 5 (RTE, Shadar, Turin, Darthe, Panchi)

Not voting - 4 (BFG, Dice, Cass, Sooh)

Day one ends 9 PM GMT 18 March 2015

with 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150318T21&p0=136&msg=end+of+day+1

You have less than 7 1/2 Hours

Archived