DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game Over] Cliche Mafia - The Death of Meta - Sooh Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, I know. It just amused me since 'wordy' sentences are one of Csarmi and Des's mafia tells for you (at least the last time we were playing at the same time) and its useless this game

Why do we do any of the things we do?  If we are honest the difference between alignments are mostly arbitrary so any question of definity or reason here is essentially baseless.  The differences between town and non-town should be nuance if not downright arbitrary.

Darthe gonna Darthe, LOL  :cool:

Lol, I know. It just amused me since 'wordy' sentences are one of Csarmi and Des's mafia tells for you (at least the last time we were playing at the same time) and its useless this game

Nobody understands intelligence anymore.

Would it be better like this?

Ley do bad.  Ley say bad words.  Bad words bad.  Ley badd.  We vote Ley.

So was your statement a general one about the futility of playing mafia, or in response to Ley specifically? And if so why?

@BFG i didnt think it was right considering she especially messaged me about it

Torn between my natural inclination and a cliché right now :unsure:

Dice is a gentleman, clearly...

And I need to go back and read. Has everyone checked in yet?

Don't let him fool you :wink:

Pretty sure that technically everyone's posted, I can't remember if they've posted since day officially started

DM weekend

I'm here but I've never been entirely sure of how much it's acceptable for a mod to post lol

As much as your heart desires, especially if the thread is quiet.  Post away!

Our new styles will make it hard to find mafia but I think we can see how people do it. For example, I definitely think Ley is town. He wouldn´t have posted this much and risk making a mistake if he was mafia. Agree or disagree? I have a similar feeling about Verb but as you know I´m always more cautious with him. Still love him, of course!

9EO-merely-saw-an-albino-squirrel-on-the

You love me when you have a gun aimed at me!!  Don't lie!

Verb, is one of your totally real and none made up roles called 'makingnosense'? Enquiring minds want to know

Of course not!

Why do we do any of the things we do?  If we are honest the difference between alignments are mostly arbitrary so any question of definity or reason here is essentially baseless.  The differences between town and non-town should be nuance if not downright arbitrary.

Darthe gonna Darthe, LOL  :cool:

+1

That might be better worded as "Nobody wants to read Darthe when he's trying to sound intelligent anymore."  ;-)

I should know, with my Identify People Being Suspicious With Big Words role.  I totally used it on you today.

We all do. Ithi says she isnt enforcing them though so we can use them as often or sporadically as we wish.

Yes, but I'm having fun with mine, so I've been trying to use it as much as possible.  But I don't like the blatant push to 3 votes that Hallia just did - makes me the leader when nobody else has more than 1......which to me is taking the game out of the RVS and into the actual game.  I'm ok with that, but people were still kinda messing around and her vote is pinging to me as a result.

You are right with getting the game going, yeah. If we don't do that we'll end up just randomly lynching every day.

Just don't lynch me. I know you're planning on it.

Unvote

Vote: Ley

Who said they were 'planning on it?'

You mean, you weren't?

Is the BT usually this slow with games?  In a moment of complete boredom, I decided to ISO the bottom 3 posters.  I chose the bottom 3 for two reasons:

1.  I'm lazy and they had 5 or 6 posts each, which was easy to do.

2.  In the last bunch of games, and frankly all the time, one of the scum members is in the bottom of posters.  Like, all the time.

BOTTOM THREE:  Panchi, Tress, Pralaya

In this game, it is difficult to case somebody on having no game-related posts due to the setup and roles involved, but I did it anyway.

Panchi

-votes Darthe and Hallia

-nothing else game-related

Tress

-no votes or game-related posts

Pralaya

-votes Yates

-nothing else game-related

Ok.  In looking at my posts, I don't really have much game-related posting, either.  So I can't fault them for playing up their cliche(s) and joking around.  But I literally have nowhere to look because nobody is posting.  So I'm going to default to lynching low posters that haven't even voted (i.e. zero actual gameplay).  So that leaves me with Tress.  Sorry!

[unvote]

[v]Tress[/v]

I'm able to play at work again! We passed survey the other week, they've been more lax on us >=D

Verb - that seems like good reasoning, Maybe Poking her will draw her out

[unvote]

[v] Tress [/v]

While you're here, can you fill me in on that 3rd vote you had placed on me before the weekend?  Your ISO shows a bunch of unvote/votes, so I'm guessing that is part of your cliche.  But you earlier defended me and voted somebody for placing "blame" on me, and then turned around and voted me without an explanation as to why.  Now you're following me to Tress.

So here I am, trying to separate the cliche with the gameplay.  Can you explain for me, please?

Archived