DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game Over] Cliche Mafia - The Death of Meta - Sooh Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

Is the BT usually this slow with games? In a moment of complete boredom, I decided to ISO the bottom 3 posters. I chose the bottom 3 for two reasons:

1. I'm lazy and they had 5 or 6 posts each, which was easy to do.

2. In the last bunch of games, and frankly all the time, one of the scum members is in the bottom of posters. Like, all the time.

BOTTOM THREE: Panchi, Tress, Pralaya

In this game, it is difficult to case somebody on having no game-related posts due to the setup and roles involved, but I did it anyway.

Panchi

-votes Darthe and Hallia

-nothing else game-related

Tress

-no votes or game-related posts

Pralaya

-votes Yates

Ok. In looking at my posts, I don't really have much game-related posting, either. So I can't fault them for playing up their cliche(s) and joking around. But I literally have nowhere to look because nobody is posting. So I'm going to default to lynching low posters that haven't even voted (i.e. zero actual gameplay). So that leaves me with Tress. Sorry!

[unvote]

[v]Tress[/v]

In general I agree with the hypothesis that scum hang out with the bottom posters. (Insert overly-convoluted cliché theorem on scum behaviour and associated lack of player interaction here).

But at this point, in this specific game? ... Am I the only one uncomfortable with the idea of voting Tress/anyone because of low post count and lack of game-related content when majority 'no lynch' is a safe option? Wouldn't that be the best move if we're unsure/literally have nowhere to look/nobody is posting?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhh Cass you just opened up a can of worms with that one :wink:

People tend to be quite divided about no lynch, perhaps especially so with Day 1. The problem is if no one is lynched day 1 then we start day 2 with one less townie and almost no additional information to go with. So if any day is the worst day for no lynch I would say it's Day 1. In a game like this with cliches accounting for so much of a player's posting we need all the info we can get to make any headway in this game. Otherwise how would Day 2 be any different from Day 1? That being said I'm struggling too with the game as much as anyone else but we shouldn't have a no lynch day 1.

it was SAID with vivid imagery in my head lol

Wide mouth wide open eyes   the whole shebang!

The 'overdone pretend innocence' sort of whole shebang?

Kind of what I'm getting from your tone...

Dicey, you scum?

nope!  You? and what do you mean PRETEND innocence??  im ALWAYS innocent! you know that!!

this games maaking me feel silly. All the cliches make it so i cant read anyone and i wanna play around with mine soooo   silly it is!

Nope, Town again.

And what I know is that you're a Sarm right down to the core... and you'll get away with whatever mischief you possible can - even if it means feigning innocence. So nice try but I'm still watching you ;P

hybrid hammer is where the person with the most votes at DL is lynched. doesnt matter if its majority or not.  you can get lynched with one vote on u

Thanks for clearing that up... >.>

People tend to be quite divided about no lynch, perhaps especially so with Day 1. The problem is if no one is lynched day 1 then we start day 2 with one less townie and almost no additional information to go with. So if any day is the worst day for no lynch I would say it's Day 1. In a game like this with cliches accounting for so much of a player's posting we need all the info we can get to make any headway in this game. Otherwise how would Day 2 be any different from Day 1? That being said I'm struggling too with the game as much as anyone else but we shouldn't have a no lynch day 1.

Really? I'm not sure I agree, and I wouldn't have thought it would be so contentious, but I'll wait and see what others have to say on the issue??

@BFG i didnt think it was right considering she especially messaged me about it

Torn between my natural inclination and a cliché right now :unsure:

Dice is a gentleman, clearly...

And I need to go back and read. Has everyone checked in yet?

Don't let him fool you :wink:

Pretty sure that technically everyone's posted, I can't remember if they've posted since day officially started

BFG, did you end up deciding between your natural inclination and chosen cliché when it comes to Dice?

Honest thoughts/gut feelings on his play so far this game?

Not here Dice. Band rules don't apply here *spills a drink* :biggrin:

[unvote]

[v] Darthe [/v]

*Shudders involuntarily*

*Rants about the increased likelihood of brew-wasters being scum, based on the convoluted theory that wasting brew is a scummy act, wherever it's performed*

Panchi, is that a serious vote? Why Darthe?

Vote Count

Verbal - 1 (Yates)

Hallia - 1 (Turin)

Yates - 2 (Pral, Leyrann)

Dice – 3 (Tina, Sooh, Tress)

Darthe – 1 (Panchi)

Leyrann - 1 (Darthe)

Tress - 1 (Verbal, Hallia)

Not voting - 5 (RTE, BFG, Shadar, Dice, Cass)

Day one ends 9 PM GMT 18 March 2015

with 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150318T21&p0=136&msg=end+of+day+1

I am at work but feeling much better :) Don't ever ask me to do VCs on my phone. It's impossible. This is sneeky work pooter using.

And there was a whole ONE difference to the VC.

I thank you

[unvote]

[v] Yates [/v]

Now we're cooking with some gas! I'd follow, but I like competing trains. Tress/Yates looks good for today.

Yates is always a good look for scum... What makes him worth a train though?

Darthe was not making any sense (which I assume is his being Darthe). Further explanation once I finish studying or my break would stretch too much

Ok - I'm heading to bed and probably won't be on much until late tomorrow.

They are scared of me, Cass. The Flying Pumpkin knows all and can DO all.

Uhh-huh... *notes*

Oh dear.   :unsure:

I seem to have fallen off the face of the earth over the weekend.

There was delirium of sorts, and possibly hallucinations.   What's left at the end of them is that I feel like I must...

[v]Dice[/v]

Why???

The voices in my head told me to.  The voices also reminded me that after the last game, you were adamant about voting me in this one, or at least FOS'ing me... which you haven't done, even in jest, regardless of the fact that the first several days were nothing but joking around with our cliches and stereotypes.

Color me suspicious. *narrows eyes*

This reasoning, unless it's a joke is suspect. 

Is the BT usually this slow with games? In a moment of complete boredom, I decided to ISO the bottom 3 posters. I chose the bottom 3 for two reasons:

1. I'm lazy and they had 5 or 6 posts each, which was easy to do.

2. In the last bunch of games, and frankly all the time, one of the scum members is in the bottom of posters. Like, all the time.

BOTTOM THREE: Panchi, Tress, Pralaya

In this game, it is difficult to case somebody on having no game-related posts due to the setup and roles involved, but I did it anyway.

Panchi

-votes Darthe and Hallia

Tress

-no votes or game-related posts

Pralaya

-votes Yates

Ok. In looking at my posts, I don't really have much game-related posting, either. So I can't fault them for playing up their cliche(s) and joking around. But I literally have nowhere to look because nobody is posting. So I'm going to default to lynching low posters that haven't even voted (i.e. zero actual gameplay). So that leaves me with Tress. Sorry!

[unvote]

[v]Tress[/v]

In general I agree with the hypothesis that scum hang out with the bottom posters. (Insert overly-convoluted cliché theorem on scum behaviour and associated lack of player interaction here).

But at this point, in this specific game? ... Am I the only one uncomfortable with the idea of voting Tress/anyone because of low post count and lack of game-related content when majority 'no lynch' is a safe option? Wouldn't that be the best move if we're unsure/literally have nowhere to look/nobody is posting?

No lynch, JUST SAY NO. :mad:

Seriously tho, in this game we are going to need to analyze actions at least as much as words. No lynch gives less information to analyze. Therefore IMO for this game it should not even be considered. Especially on D1. To be crude, we bodies on the floor.

frabz-im-a-dey-in-da-amazon-piranha-21da

100% chance I get investigated tonight if Tress is an investigative role. Write that down. Etch it in stone.

If I´m cop there is a 99% chance that I will view Verb. I will roll a D100 to see if I should investigate him or not.

My reason for voting Dice was that he had the least numbers of posts at that time, so I get what Verb is doing. 

Sooh, why are you voting Dice? 

Because he's always suspicious. I think he was born that way. Also I needed someone to vote for after Verbal said he wasn't scum.

Isn´t this like your second game? Maybe I´m wrong about that. How many times have you played with Dice and why do you always find him suspicious. 

No, I just am not sure how things go down for a mafia game so I am trying to learn and posting every so often so that people know I am still paying attention, which also goes with the cliche where I say this person is mafia for this reason. But mostly I am trying to get a grasp on things.

Tough game to start with. :)

it was SAID with vivid imagery in my head lol

Wide mouth wide open eyes   the whole shebang!

The 'overdone pretend innocence' sort of whole shebang?

Kind of what I'm getting from your tone...

Dicey, you scum?

+1

Really? I'm not sure I agree, and I wouldn't have thought it would be so contentious, but I'll wait and see what others have to say on the issue??

I´m don´t agree with a no lynch. As someone else said, we can´t use meta to hunt in this game. We need to check vote counts and who defended who etc. No lynch give us nothing to work with. 

I´m don´t agree with a no lynch. As someone else said, we can´t use meta to hunt in this game. We need to check vote counts and who defended who etc. No lynch give us nothing to work with. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to lynch if someone's a decent suspect, but I don't feel we'd get much info if we mislynch. Too easy for scum to hide with the other voters in all the 'confusion', IMO. Maybe I am wrong?

Obviously, the best case scenario is lynching scum straight up - maximum info for and minimum casualties to Town.

Tina, what's your reasons for voting Dice?

As I said, when I voted him it was because he had the least amounts of posts. But I´m keeping it because of his (lack of) reaction. 

I don´t think it´s good to assume that we will mislynch someone. It´s possible to lynch mafia on D1. In this game it will of course be harder to do so, but we might get some information from the lynch. Otherwise we start D2 with no new information and (probably) a dead townie. 

Archived