DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game Over] Cliche Mafia - The Death of Meta - Sooh Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My point on Yates was that he us trying to push his cliche cc as a reason to find him town. This us ridiculous as:

1. Cliches were handed out before roles so have no.bearing on alignment.

2. He most likely did ask if multiple people could have the same cliche. Which would mean he would KNOW THAT IS A FACT.

:paystoask: :biggrin:

My point on Yates was that he us trying to push his cliche cc as a reason to find him town. This us ridiculous as:

1. Cliches were handed out before roles so have no.bearing on alignment.

2. He most likely did ask if multiple people could have the same cliche. Which would mean he would KNOW THAT IS A FACT.

:paystoask: :biggrin:

Thought that was a joke tbh.

Darthe number of games doesn't equal skill. Panchi could well.be mafia but it is known she is not a real veteran. I am finding this CFD highly questionable. Your stated reason of "I don't have a reason not to lynch" could be used on several people.

Cass have you answered Yates question about what reactions you got and what they mean to you when you floated the no lynch idea?

If Cass is out then wtl Tina or dice.

Blue - Me too. Mostly because of the spam and the fact that Darthe and Yates agree. If Panchi turns out to be Town then I think there would be significant reason to be concerned that Darthe and Yates are W-W, and that they're using both Panchi and I fantastically. And if that is the case I will congratuhate both of them forever. They started the CFD/train, and are both happy to vote Panchi over the others on my train without posting specific reasons in the thread and they're both working hard to make me want to trust them, in ways that make my skin crawl. (Darthe is explaining, on D1; Yates asked a heap of questions that had the subtlety of getting me on side/buddying me up before he voted Panchi). I've only played with these two when they are mafia, and whilst I acknowledge the chance that they could be Town and the CFD could be legit, they're both gutsy enough to try and pull something like this off, it feels slightly too neat, and I really don't like the spam. I'm don't think I'm a fan of CFDs in general. 

But I know I'm Town, and I don't know Panchi, why you're defending her or why she voted for me on a train I don't believe had any legit reason to gain traction, and that Tina/Dice are not going to be a viable alternate option.

Your answer is coming for the no lynch idea. Wanted to get this out first.

Ninjaed and missed this.

Yates sheeped Darthe and I think I recall a fair few posts in between Darthe case and Yates vote, including votes by Dice and Soot, Yates added momentum, but didn't really start it.

Darthe number of games doesn't equal skill. Panchi could well.be mafia but it is known she is not a real veteran. I am finding this CFD highly questionable. Your stated reason of "I don't have a reason not to lynch" could be used on several people.

Cass have you answered Yates question about what reactions you got and what they mean to you when you floated the no lynch idea?

If Cass is out then wtl Tina or dice.

Blue - Me too. Mostly because of the spam and the fact that Darthe and Yates agree. If Panchi turns out to be Town then I think there would be significant reason to be concerned that Darthe and Yates are W-W, and that they're using both Panchi and I fantastically. And if that is the case I will congratuhate both of them forever. They started the CFD/train, and are both happy to vote Panchi over the others on my train without posting specific reasons in the thread and they're both working hard to make me want to trust them, in ways that make my skin crawl. (Darthe is explaining, on D1; Yates asked a heap of questions that had the subtlety of getting me on side/buddying me up before he voted Panchi). I've only played with these two when they are mafia, and whilst I acknowledge the chance that they could be Town and the CFD could be legit, they're both gutsy enough to try and pull something like this off, it feels slightly too neat, and I really don't like the spam. I'm don't think I'm a fan of CFDs in general. 

But I know I'm Town, and I don't know Panchi, why you're defending her or why she voted for me on a train I don't believe had any legit reason to gain traction, and that Tina/Dice are not going to be a viable alternate option.

Your answer is coming for the no lynch idea. Wanted to get this out first.

Ninjaed and missed this.

Yates sheeped Darthe and I think I recall a fair few posts in between Darthe case and Yates vote, including votes by Dice and Soot, Yates added momentum, but didn't really start it.

NO YOU'RE WRONG, WE ARE BUDDYING AND ARE SCUM SCUM 

I don't really know what we are doing.  Cass botched my faith in her with one of the poorest arguments I've seen her make.

Vote Count

Dice – 1 (Tina)

Leyrann - 1 (Pralaya)

Tress - 2 (Verbal,Hallia)

Cass - 6 (RTE, Shadar, Turin, Panchi, Leyrann, Darthe )

Panchi - 6 (Dice, Sooh, Yates, Cass, BFG, Tress)

Not voting - 0

Day one ends 9.15 PM GMT 18 March 2015

with 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150318T2115&p0=136&msg=end+of+day+1

You have 11 minutes

While you're here, can you fill me in on that 3rd vote you had placed on me before the weekend?  Your ISO shows a bunch of unvote/votes, so I'm guessing that is part of your cliche.  But you earlier defended me and voted somebody for placing "blame" on me, and then turned around and voted me without an explanation as to why.  Now you're following me to Tress.

So here I am, trying to separate the cliche with the gameplay.  Can you explain for me, please?

So you're ok with Hallia voting you to get out of the joke phase; but it pings that she's doing it while everyone else is joking...

this was fine, but you brought it up again, why?

Where did I say that I was ok with Hallia voting me?  I don't remember posting that....

Cass and Darthe are mentioned twice and I am missing in VC along with Turin.

Voting Cass looks a good option. If she is mafia, Tress would be under strong FoS.

To look further in game: Pral is Verb's first town read. If one of them turns mafia, other could be too. Also, read Pral's post again because along logic is sound logic after all and clear head might show new things.

For now,

[unvote]

[v]Cass[/v]

Is Captain Obvious your cliche this game?  lol

Thought I posted this earlier.  :\

Is the BT usually this slow with games? In a moment of complete boredom, I decided to ISO the bottom 3 posters. I chose the bottom 3 for two reasons:

1. I'm lazy and they had 5 or 6 posts each, which was easy to do.

2. In the last bunch of games, and frankly all the time, one of the scum members is in the bottom of posters. Like, all the time.

BOTTOM THREE: Panchi, Tress, Pralaya

In this game, it is difficult to case somebody on having no game-related posts due to the setup and roles involved, but I did it anyway.

Panchi

-votes Darthe and Hallia

-nothing else game-related

Tress

-no votes or game-related posts

Pralaya

-votes Yates

-nothing else game-related

Ok. In looking at my posts, I don't really have much game-related posting, either. So I can't fault them for playing up their cliche(s) and joking around. But I literally have nowhere to look because nobody is posting. So I'm going to default to lynching low posters that haven't even voted (i.e. zero actual gameplay). So that leaves me with Tress. Sorry!

[unvote]

[v]Tress[/v]

In general I agree with the hypothesis that scum hang out with the bottom posters. (Insert overly-convoluted cliché theorem on scum behaviour and associated lack of player interaction here).

But at this point, in this specific game? ... Am I the only one uncomfortable with the idea of voting Tress/anyone because of low post count and lack of game-related content when majority 'no lynch' is a safe option? Wouldn't that be the best move if we're unsure/literally have nowhere to look/nobody is posting?

1. Did........did you just suggest a No Lynch on D1?

[unvote]

[v] Yates [/v]

Now we're cooking with some gas! I'd follow, but I like competing trains. Tress/Yates looks good for today.

Yates is always a good look for scum... What makes him worth a train though?

2. Pretty sure you just answered your own question?  I would not vote him for that anyway.  He counter claimed my role, the little jerkface.  He can swing for it!

Totally not no lynching btw because we have no clue what is going on and will continue to not have a clue until we get some data and people cool their jets on the cliches.

3. I agree with a Darthe post.  If there is a vig, you probably want to shoot me now to ease my suffering.

So the guess should be 2? :smile:

Does anyone think Cass could be protecting Tress in floating the no lynch option? Besides me of course

4. Tress only has 1 vote and is not in the lead....not sure what you're implying....

1. No, I suggested that I would be uncomfortable following your vote and that I didn't trust your 'logic', particularly at that point of this particular game. I asked for people's opinion on no lynch in that instance. There is a difference. Do you agree or disagree?

2. That question was actually more directed at Ley.

3. Lol

4. (@ Turin) I'm not 'protecting' Tress. She is a bottom poster and didn't start posting game related stuff until after that point. Both of these things I tend to think of as more common in scum than Town. I was questioning the suggestion that that was enough for a serious vote on her, following Verb's stated 'logic' and at that particular point in the game. 

I'm not sure why you want my opinion on why I'm being wagoned

I was just wondering if you could restate the case against you as you understand it, actually.

Lol. That actually never occurred to me >.<

Probably because I honestly don't see that there is a case. 

But the basic reasons being pushed were:

'She's defending Tress' (I'm not. I was questioning what's potentially shaky logic on Verb's part in his vote for Tress. There's a difference);

'She's pushing for no lynch' (I'm not. I was looking for reactions)

'She's scum, no explanation'; 

'She's pushing Darthe but not voting him' and

'Someone else voted'

'Killing you is better than letting it go random, no further explanation'

It all stinks. If I've missed something or need to address something further, (Town) people should let me know.

The top two are not true and I've explained why several times, and the rest are simply fluff/bollocks.

Starts here if you want to re-check for yourself.

I think you've missed some of my point.  I was also pointing out that there is always scum in the bottom of the posters.  Adding this to no content and the cliches making it hard to really scumhunt while everybody enjoys them D1....and I didn't have much to go on.  But I was bored, so I decided to do it anyway.

I am basically admitting that the logic is not good.  How many more times would you like to call it shaky, when the self-deprecation you pointed out in my post is done on purpose - I know the logic isn't good.  At that point, it was all I had and I was bored.

You're pretty much stating the obvious there, and repeating it as if you've found something.

And yes, you did suggest a No Lynch.  You didn't say "I think we should  No Lynch", but your post did the work for you.

FoS

Archived