DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game Over] Cliche Mafia - The Death of Meta - Sooh Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would look at those that jumped on Panchi making her a viable alternative to Cass.

How about now?

Now I am trying to decide about the people that were either absent @ EOD, came in and dropped votes and vanished. And those that followed without their own reasoning onto Cass. 

People in any of those groups that seemed to do things for no real reason. 

1. Sooh: came in very late and switched from Panchi to Cass.
2. RTE: voted Cass early and left his vote there. Jumped at my initial reasoning and hasn't been seen since. Not on at EoD
3. Panchi: voted Cass early and was largely absent from that point forward. Not on at EoD.
4. BFG: Arrived late with only time to consolidate. Voted Panchi first then switch to ensure lynch/
5. Tina: Voted Dice and left it there all day. Not on at EoD. Arrived shortly after.
6. Tress: Popped in with a few hours to DL, voted Panchi and vanished.
7. Shadar: voted Cass pretty early and left it all day. Not on at EoD.
8. Yates: pushed the Panchi lynch but had to leave before EoD. 
9. Dice:  voted Panchi and left it there. Technically did come back to vote Cass but hammer had already fallen. Did statethat he would likely miss EoD.  
10. Darthe: started pushing the Panchi lynch then switched when Cass voiced suspicion of Yate and him. Did work to get consolidation.
11. Turin: supported Cass lynch all day only willing to switch to Panchi if only way to ensure lynch.
12. Leyrann:  voted Cass in the middle of the train. arrived at EoD to "consolidate" on Panchi but apparently ninja'd by events (and Verb's hammer on Cass)
13. Pralaya: dropped vote on Leyrann. Left it there. Not on at EoD.
14. Verbal: came in just in time to hammer Cass after admitting to be willing to lynch either.
15. Hallia: voted Tress fairly early (I think) left it there. Not on at EoD 
16. Cass - Vanilla Town - Captain Obtuse - Always unwilling or unable to accept obvious conclusions & The Theoretical Convolutionist - Makes overly complicated theories about setup, night actions, and player interaction - Lynch Day 1

The three that I want an explanation of actions from most are Tina, Pralaya and Hallia. All three placed a vote fairly early, left it there and did not participate in EoD.  Add RTE to that list. Straight followed onto Cass. 

Tina Voted Dice on the 13th with a Aliens meme. Se did interact earlier today with Cass and came away from that suspecting Panchi because of her vote. Sid that her vote would stay on Dice for now but never came back to revisit.

Pral Voted Ley for a poor reason IMO and immediately after pokes at RTE because he followed my reasoning onto Cass. (will check RTE soon). That was his last post.

Hallia jumped around a lot early (voted 8 people in all) before landing on Tress with what looked to still be a jokey vote. Not much there. 

RTE basically all jokey up to when he followed my reasoning that Cass was possibly protecting someone by putting forward the no lynch option. 

I think that you will find 2 mafia in this group of 4. 

Gonna look at Panchi too. Not much real content there. votes Hallia early then  finally comes to vote Cass as what seems to be a bit of a consolidation vote. One note  that may be a bit of derp clearage is that if she were mafia she would know that Cass was town and would not make the statement about a Cass mafia flip making Tress look worse. Unless they are teammates and it is an attempt to link a mafia Tress to a town Cass. Possible but unlikely play from Panchi IMO.

Darn it forgot Shady. He was very jokey and nooby before also piggybacking me onto Cass. Then a last post about how a friend had said that no lynch was a sign of mafia. One comment I didn't like directly was about having 3 days until deadline to decide. It is more in mafia's best interest to stall talks until a deadline rush. 

6. Tress: Popped in with a few hours to DL, voted Panchi and vanished.

I beg to differ - I popped in 20 minutes before deadline (see timestamps), and voted for consolidation while I was on my lunch break, and then had to go back to work. I thought I'd mentioned in my post that lunch was over, but I guess I hadn't.  It was a very busy day, and my stats are sucking this month so far at work, so I couldn't spare any more time off the clock to reply to anything else.

At lunch, just finished catching up.

I'm slightly uncomfortable because Darthe's statement about Panchi's experience level looks like a blatant misrep to me - she's played a few games over the last couple of years, but very few and she's never been comfortable in a game from what I've seen.

That said, her "if Cass is mafia Tress must be also" was a huge ping.

And we need to achieve a lynch.

[unvote]

[V]Panchi

Vote Count

Dice – 1 (Tina)

Leyrann - 1 (Pralaya)

Tress - 2 (Verbal,Hallia)

Cass - 6 (RTE, Shadar, Turin, Panchi, Leyrann, Darthe )

Panchi - 6 (Dice, Sooh, Yates, Cass, BFG, Tress)

Not voting - 0

Day one ends 9.15 PM GMT 18 March 2015

with 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150318T2115&p0=136&msg=end+of+day+1

You have 17 minutes

Darn it forgot Shady. He was very jokey and nooby before also piggybacking me onto Cass. Then a last post about how a friend had said that no lynch was a sign of mafia. One comment I didn't like directly was about having 3 days until deadline to decide. It is more in mafia's best interest to stall talks until a deadline rush.

The story is 100% true, but it seems I shot my self in the doot so to speak. That and Iwas supposed to be following this topic and getting emails on my phone but did not see one today, and had forgotten about the end of day, which my commit was more a reminder so I did not forget on break, which also did not work to remind me at all. And reading through just now I was hoping that cass did not get it because I would have changed my vote even before I say the final. She had good points and a conviction which lead me to think she was not mafia. But it did not matter because I was too late to the update.

So to summarize my mind is a steel trap that rusted open and things just come and go as they please. But I should be around more so I dont make the same mistake again.

Sorry guys, I was quite busy during the day yesterday and wasn't able to get on around deadline. That being said I was happy with where my vote was at the time based on my impressions from following the thread as much as I could. 

I officially regret looking into Panchi today.  Might be scum but it's taken away from achieving a lynch cause people voted and disappeared which doesn't sit well.

I actually think given the flip that Cass' train (or the non-voters) is where we need to look for scum. It was only in scum's best interest to stay on Cass because: they knew she was town and they were fine with not getting a hammer. The only reason scum would change to Panchi is if Panchi herself is mafia and someone wants to get town cred in the future by saying "Hey, look! I voted her Day 1 but you didn't follow!". So I do think of the two trains, scum is most likely on the Cass train and amongst the non-voters.

Ley. Switch.back

Read my post: I wasn't caught up yet, so I wouldn't see your post. And on top of that, as far as I knew I was after deadline, and when I found out I had not been, I realized it was only VERY few minutes before, and well, only consolidating on a lynch that late is REALLY bad town play anyways. You're leaving far too much open that way.

Do you mean not consolidating?

I mean consolidating this late. It's far too easy to derail a lynch, though, admittedly, too obvious to do so on D1. But if you're at LYLO, you're most likely going to be dead if you let it get this close, and in general, what if ONE player less had showed up? Wheter I'd have swapped or not (and when I made that post 12 minutes past the deadline that I knew about the train I moved to was the bigger and, imo, more convincing one), we wouldn't have had a lynch. Please, EVERYONE, try to get a lynch at least 2-3 hours before deadline.

I obviously agree with Ley regarding trying to consolidate well in advance of deadline. That being said, on Day 1 (if any) you want as much info as possible before it ends. Doesn't mean we have to let it almost go to no lynch though... Don't feel like we were expecting any last minute revelations given how the day had gone up to that point.

The story is 100% true, but it seems I shot my self in the doot so to speak. That and Iwas supposed to be following this topic and getting emails on my phone but did not see one today, and had forgotten about the end of day, which my commit was more a reminder so I did not forget on break, which also did not work to remind me at all. And reading through just now I was hoping that cass did not get it because I would have changed my vote even before I say the final. She had good points and a conviction which lead me to think she was not mafia. But it did not matter because I was too late to the update.

So to summarize my mind is a steel trap that rusted open and things just come and go as they please. But I should be around more so I dont make the same mistake again.

I like this guy. A bit of poetic-ness to his game :wink 

I think I'm firming up on some reads at this point, will wait to see what happens tonight. 

@Verb

In the quote you edited out. You were 'ok' with Hallia's third vote taking the game out of RVS, but it was weird she did it when everyone was joking. Like I said, I thought you were joking but you kept bringing it up...

Ah, ok.  I should clarify - I'm ok with the game going out of RVS, but not ok with the 3rd vote on me like that.

I would look at those that jumped on Panchi making her a viable alternative to Cass.

How about now?

@Yates - do you think this partially clears Turin?  Had Cass flipped scum, I would have been suspicious of this post as a little too prophetic, but now that Cass was VT, perhaps this appears more townie.  Thoughts?

scum is most likely on the Cass train and amongst the non-voters.

So, basically the majority of the game, then.  Gotcha.

>_>

This post is scummy.  I know I edited most of it out to call attention to this line, but the rest of it (like "firming up reads and need to see night actions").....scummy.  FoS to you, kind sir.

@Yates - do you think this partially clears Turin?  Had Cass flipped scum, I would have been suspicious of this post as a little too prophetic, but now that Cass was VT, perhaps this appears more townie.  Thoughts?

No. Not even a little bit. This is just as likely scum "assuming" the wagon they are on will flip scum. Then "oh what a surprise!" Or, in Turin's case, "Bloody buttered onions!! Meanie Face!!"

Once I know how many scum were on Cass' wagon we'll have a better idea tomorrow.

No. Not even a little bit. This is just as likely scum "assuming" the wagon they are on will flip scum. Then "oh what a surprise!" Or, in Turin's case, "Bloody buttered onions!! Meanie Face!!"

Once I know how many scum were on Cass' wagon we'll have a better idea tomorrow.

I was hoping you'd answer that way.  Yates = 2nd town read of the game thus far.

Who's next?

I was hoping you'd answer that way.  Yates = 2nd town read of the game thus far.

Who's next?

If im not already I should be

@Tress, I stand corrected. It felt like a couple of hours waiting to see if enough people would show up to achieve a lynch. How do you feel about that line from Panchi now that you have seen Cass' flip? 

@Darthe, prepare to be Vigged  :myrddraal:

@Yates, Why did you only use "bad guys" in your cultural references? ( "this is for posterity" is Count Rugen from PB, And the Death Star pumpkin is self explanatory)

@Hallia, WHERE ARE YOU????

@Yates, Why did you only use "bad guys" in your cultural references? ( "this is for posterity" is Count Rugen from PB, And the Death Star pumpkin is self explanatory)

Kudos to you for knowing the Princess Bride quote! Also, there aren't a lot of options for weaponized pumpkin images.

@Tress, I stand corrected. It felt like a couple of hours waiting to see if enough people would show up to achieve a lynch. How do you feel about that line from Panchi now that you have seen Cass' flip?

Awkward, but obviously not said with foreknowledge of her alignment. Less likely mafia.

Kudos to you for knowing the Princess Bride quote! Also, there aren't a lot of options for weaponized pumpkin images.

This is the BT where PB is a way of life.

you could have been a laser that shoots pumpkins out its errr.

large.jpg

Does anyone think that the cass lynch as a whole wasnt well done?

Me.

I think you let her paranoia get to you and took it personally. The "case" on her was nonexistant outside of "we need a lynch." Her responses to my questions were Townie enough to warrant a second day plus she was contributing. Don't know why you bailed on Panchi. That would have been a much better lynch.

Panchi? A good Townie died for you today.

88975aa69e73746d224c666e53c5b1a06fb5cc69

Ley. Switch.back

Read my post: I wasn't caught up yet, so I wouldn't see your post. And on top of that, as far as I knew I was after deadline, and when I found out I had not been, I realized it was only VERY few minutes before, and well, only consolidating on a lynch that late is REALLY bad town play anyways. You're leaving far too much open that way.

Do you mean not consolidating?

I mean consolidating this late. It's far too easy to derail a lynch, though, admittedly, too obvious to do so on D1. But if you're at LYLO, you're most likely going to be dead if you let it get this close, and in general, what if ONE player less had showed up? Wheter I'd have swapped or not (and when I made that post 12 minutes past the deadline that I knew about the train I moved to was the bigger and, imo, more convincing one), we wouldn't have had a lynch. Please, EVERYONE, try to get a lynch at least 2-3 hours before deadline.

I obviously agree with Ley regarding trying to consolidate well in advance of deadline. That being said, on Day 1 (if any) you want as much info as possible before it ends. Doesn't mean we have to let it almost go to no lynch though... Don't feel like we were expecting any last minute revelations given how the day had gone up to that point.

Okay, let's go one quote deeper.

I actually had to think about this a bit more during the day, and I thought the following rule of thumb would be a good one: A lynch should happen 2-6 hours before the deadline. Less time left makes it risky with vote switches and people not being around at deadline, more time and you lose too much information.

Archived