DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game Over] Cliche Mafia - The Death of Meta - Sooh Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Panchi lynch almost guaranteed to already have scum on it.

How many more times do I have to say I'm town? Stop trying to lynch me and lynch someone who actually displays scummy behaviour. Like you pointed out yourself, or like Hallia is doing.

Vote Count

Darthe - 1 (Turin)

Leyrann - 1 (Darthe)

Panchi - 1 (Leyrann)

Turin - 1 (Hallia)

Not Voting - 9 (Sooh, RTE, Panchi, BFG, Tina, Tress, Shadar, Yates, Dice)

With 13 alive it takes 7 to Lynch.

Day 2 Deadline Ends Monday 23 March 2015 @ 9.15pm GMT (so it doesn't hit a weekend)

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150323T2115&p0=136&msg=end+of+day+2

Nanight indeed. Do try and not kill each other while I'm asleep :)

Back in the UK late tomorrow when hopefully the internet connection will be better and stop booting me to html mode, at the moment reading the thread is painful. Back properly Sunday, although I'll see what happens at the airports tomorrow.

I'm pretty null on Panchi to be honest up to this point. However when she did check back into the game she just did so to say she was busy and not give anything in the way of content really. Mafia or not if she can't contribute it's only going to hurt us. Yea she was the rival train on Day 1 and not a bad one considering the circumstances at that point but at the same time she hasn't really appeared all that scummy IMO. But not good either. 

My strongest scum lean at this point is Ley. I gave him a lot of slack due to his cliches but he's dropped those now and still doesn't look any better to me. Of all people to get the paranoid cliche in the first place... But his posting and interactions gives me cause for concern and I've been happy with my gut reads lately.

Tress I always remind myself to be more wary of. Called her Mafia's Moghedien last game and I was certainly right. Feel she's playing quite similarly this game, if not more scummy to be honest. 

Have a town read on Darthe and Dice thus far, with town lean on Yates and Turin. Those two are probably the two people who can be most dangerous in this game though. Both have had moments where they didn't look spectacular but leaning town right now. Town lean on Shadar as well (soft spot for teh noobies :wub: ).

Null read on:

Hallia, who has largely stuck to her cliche at this point

Sooh, whose most memorable posts to me have been expressing her annoyance at this game

Tina, who can always be a threat but don't think much of yet

BFG, not enough there and don't know her well enough

If I had to guess a scum team it would be Ley, Tress, Hallia, and toss in someone from Yates/Turin/Sooh/BFG/Tina. Will be tough to win this game if we don't lynch scum today, so let's get to it. 

[v] Ley [/v

RTE, you have played enough with me to know that I am NOT playing like I normally would, right? For example look at my post #778. I would NEVER word it like that if not for my cliché. Apart from maybe not having voted Panchi in the first place (reminder: everyone has two clichés), I would more likely have replied with an explanation for why I voted her plus asking what he then thought about Hallia (who I don't exactly trust).

Also, you're talking about Tress looking at least as scummy as last game, maybe even more. Last game she was non-town. If she looks even scummier than that, why aren't you voting her?

Tress does look scummy and is a good alternative.  

Until then: Hally has 20 posts.  She has voted ten people.  She clearly has a cliche to FoS everyone but she has yet to reinforce whether those were made up or legitimate with any reasoning or explanation, instead choosing to either FoS and vote or FoS and not vote.  Many of you may not be aware of this but Hally has been playing well enough on VS to be invited to a champions tournament there.  That should give some perspective on how she is no longer the bubbly newbie.  Her largest legitimate scum tell is that when she is mafia she "safes" things which we can see her doing here by hiding exclusively behind her cliche's.  This fact, combined with blatant bandwagon voting and a few posts quoted below are the basis of my reasoning.  

I feel up until recently it was all playing up cliches. I'm sliding into actual gameplay.

Never happens with one (negative) exception.

At work, I can't play on Wednesdays, it is known. But I haven't played a BT game in forever, so maybe not by all. Currently though, I'm at work.

Which would matter had she done anything of note in the three days between claiming she was sliding into gameplay and this post.

[v] Turin [/v]

You seem to be too confidant that Panchi is town. It almost seems like insider knowledge

This is out of order and comes later.  Please read the post below here to see what makes this so awful.  

I just dont see panchi as mafia. I think she would be more active if she was anyway.

No I just know how Panchi is from other theads. Everone else I have only had a small bit of conversation here and there. So I am skeptical of panchi being mafia is all. More of a gut feeling.

As you will learn from playing more mafia, this is certainly not always so.  What you're describing is meta, which we're trying to break this game.

FOS THE NEWBIE.

But seriously, with the competing trains, and her flipping town, I'm going to re-nudge the

Vote:Panchi

train.  I didn't really see her come out and defend herself at all, it seemed like everyone else doing the scrambling for her.

First thing's first: Nobody here is going to try to break meta too much as town.  People can screw around and play with the theme and whatnot but ultimately the scum have a lot more to gain from pursuing this.

Secondly, she votes on Panchi to "RE-NUDGE" that train.  AKA I want to get this moving (This is my reason for not going Panchi today btw) and then follows it up by providing reasoning.  There is a conflict there where she is providing opposing two reasons for one action, something that tends to be wolfy.  This post alone should incriminate Hally but should that not do it I remind you all that she was the third vote on Verb, he drove lynching her for it and then he was NK'd.  

I'm able to play at work again! We passed survey the other week, they've been more lax on us >=D

Verb - that seems like good reasoning, Maybe Poking her will draw her out

[unvote]
[v] Tress [/v]

Considering that Tress is a likely teammate if Hally is scum this is getting quoted.  Looks like an easy way to sheep a vote on someone who was gaining a lot of negative attention.

We all do. Ithi says she isnt enforcing them though so we can use them as often or sporadically as we wish.

Yes, but I'm having fun with mine, so I've been trying to use it as much as possible.  But I don't like the blatant push to 3 votes that Hallia just did - makes me the leader when nobody else has more than 1......which to me is taking the game out of the RVS and into the actual game.  I'm ok with that, but people were still kinda messing around and her vote is pinging to me as a result.

I'd vote you but I'm already voting you. ><

We all do. Ithi says she isnt enforcing them though so we can use them as often or sporadically as we wish.

Yes, but I'm having fun with mine, so I've been trying to use it as much as possible.  But I don't like the blatant push to 3 votes that Hallia just did - makes me the leader when nobody else has more than 1......which to me is taking the game out of the RVS and into the actual game.  I'm ok with that, but people were still kinda messing around and her vote is pinging to me as a result.

You are right with getting the game going, yeah. If we don't do that we'll end up just randomly lynching every day.

Just don't lynch me. I know you're planning on it.

Unvote

Vote: Ley

Who said they were 'planning on it?'

I'm quoting one of these jokey posts because, despite being unable to explain it, it doesn't sit well with me on a gut level.

Vote Count

Darthe - 1 (Turin)

Leyrann - 2 (Darthe, RTE)

Panchi - 1 (Leyrann)

Turin - 1 (Hallia)

Not Voting - 8 (Sooh, Panchi, BFG, Tina, Tress, Shadar, Yates, Dice)

With 13 alive it takes 7 to Lynch.

Day 2 Deadline Ends Monday 23 March 2015 @ 9.15pm GMT (so it doesn't hit a weekend)

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150323T2115&p0=136&msg=end+of+day+2

Archived