DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game Over] Cliche Mafia - The Death of Meta - Sooh Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vote Count

Darthe - 1 (Turin)

Shadar - 1 (Tina)

Hallia - 5 (Darthe, Dice, Leyrann, Sooh, RTE)

Dice - 1 (Hallia)

Not Voting - 5 (Panchi, BFG, Tress, Shadar, Yates)

With 13 alive it takes 7 to Lynch.

Day 2 Deadline Ends Monday 23 March 2015 @ 9.15pm GMT (so it doesn't hit a weekend)

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150323T2115&p0=136&msg=end+of+day+2

I'd guess Hallia, Tina, RTE and a fourth as scum team.

I can see these players as all individually mafia reads. Not sure how they fit together unless there is someone pulling the strings, Like Darthe (or Yates). Still not lynching Ley today  :perrin:

Yeah, tbh it was mostly me putting my worst scum reads together...

tina-is-mafia-rcdwtu.jpg

Did someone say they dreamed someoene else was mafia in this game? Was thinking either Tress or Sooh.?

Also. Had to redo this one cause it vanished from meme thread :angry:

Makes sense, who else would think Ley looks town this game?

anchorman_2_am_i_right-57539.gif

Well, I do.

I don't think Ley is mafia with Hally but I absolutely think that one of the two is scum. If Hally flips town I'm almost guaranteed to go Ley after.

Can you explain what your rationale behind this is? Mainly what makes you link them in that way?

So far, I am leaning on Darthe being town. I don't think a scum put so much effort.

Hallia's cliche initially made me think that it might be not be possible for a scum to have that cliche but now I am not sure about that. She could be scum.

Ley, same thing as Hallia about cliche but between Ley and Hallia, Hallia is more suspicious.

More explanation coming up tomorrow, once I am done with exams.

Anyone give me two things wrong about this post   :mat:

I don't think Ley is mafia with Hally but I absolutely think that one of the two is scum. If Hally flips town I'm almost guaranteed to go Ley after.

Can you explain what your rationale behind this is? Mainly what makes you link them in that way?

Let me see if it pans out logically and if so I'll explain in the night. Right now it's a bit off the cuff.

Turin what's with your vote?

Letting you know I still find you suspicious. I might be a bit paranoid of bussing since 

1. You are very good at it.

2. with the cop dead, all the mafias just got promoted to GF in effect. I know that if I was mafia I would consider bussing the GF if they were under ANY scrutiny because it looks really good and in this case is not as detrimental as it might be usually.

Who do you think should be the compteting train with Hallia today? (Ley is off the table for me)

Tress does look scummy and is a good alternative.

Until then: Hally has 20 posts. She has voted ten people. She clearly has a cliche to FoS everyone but she has yet to reinforce whether those were made up or legitimate with any reasoning or explanation, instead choosing to either FoS and vote or FoS and not vote. Many of you may not be aware of this but Hally has been playing well enough on VS to be invited to a champions tournament there. That should give some perspective on how she is no longer the bubbly newbie. Her largest legitimate scum tell is that when she is mafia she "safes" things which we can see her doing here by hiding exclusively behind her cliche's. This fact, combined with blatant bandwagon voting and a few posts quoted below are the basis of my reasoning.

I feel up until recently it was all playing up cliches. I'm sliding into actual gameplay.

Never happens with one (negative) exception.

At work, I can't play on Wednesdays, it is known. But I haven't played a BT game in forever, so maybe not by all. Currently though, I'm at work.

Which would matter had she done anything of note in the three days between claiming she was sliding into gameplay and this post.

[v] Turin [/v]

You seem to be too confidant that Panchi is town. It almost seems like insider knowledge

This is out of order and comes later. Please read the post below here to see what makes this so awful.

I just dont see panchi as mafia. I think she would be more active if she was anyway.

No I just know how Panchi is from other theads. Everone else I have only had a small bit of conversation here and there. So I am skeptical of panchi being mafia is all. More of a gut feeling.

As you will learn from playing more mafia, this is certainly not always so. What you're describing is meta, which we're trying to break this game.

FOS THE NEWBIE.

But seriously, with the competing trains, and her flipping town, I'm going to re-nudge the

Vote:Panchi

train. I didn't really see her come out and defend herself at all, it seemed like everyone else doing the scrambling for her.

First thing's first: Nobody here is going to try to break meta too much as town. People can screw around and play with the theme and whatnot but ultimately the scum have a lot more to gain from pursuing this.

Secondly, she votes on Panchi to "RE-NUDGE" that train. AKA I want to get this moving (This is my reason for not going Panchi today btw) and then follows it up by providing reasoning. There is a conflict there where she is providing opposing two reasons for one action, something that tends to be wolfy. This post alone should incriminate Hally but should that not do it I remind you all that she was the third vote on Verb, he drove lynching her for it and then he was NK'd.

I'm able to play at work again! We passed survey the other week, they've been more lax on us >=D

Verb - that seems like good reasoning, Maybe Poking her will draw her out

[unvote]

[v] Tress [/v]

Considering that Tress is a likely teammate if Hally is scum this is getting quoted. Looks like an easy way to sheep a vote on someone who was gaining a lot of negative attention.

We all do. Ithi says she isnt enforcing them though so we can use them as often or sporadically as we wish.

Yes, but I'm having fun with mine, so I've been trying to use it as much as possible. But I don't like the blatant push to 3 votes that Hallia just did - makes me the leader when nobody else has more than 1......which to me is taking the game out of the RVS and into the actual game. I'm ok with that, but people were still kinda messing around and her vote is pinging to me as a result.

I'd vote you but I'm already voting you. ><

We all do. Ithi says she isnt enforcing them though so we can use them as often or sporadically as we wish.

Yes, but I'm having fun with mine, so I've been trying to use it as much as possible. But I don't like the blatant push to 3 votes that Hallia just did - makes me the leader when nobody else has more than 1......which to me is taking the game out of the RVS and into the actual game. I'm ok with that, but people were still kinda messing around and her vote is pinging to me as a result.

You are right with getting the game going, yeah. If we don't do that we'll end up just randomly lynching every day.

Just don't lynch me. I know you're planning on it.

Unvote

Vote: Ley

Who said they were 'planning on it?'

I'm quoting one of these jokey posts because, despite being unable to explain it, it doesn't sit well with me on a gut level.

READ MY POSTS

Okay. Now I have read it. Not convinced. 

I'm leaning towards thinking Darthe might be on to something here.. Especially since the only comeback from Hallia is "Darthe being Darthe"... 

[v]Hallia[/v]

Bandwagon vote. 

I'm all for competing trains but happy to move to Hallia. I do try to give her a bit more benefit of the doubt as historically I criticize her play quite a lot. But scum is scum, so happy to see Ley or Hallia go today. 

I don´t like this post. 

So far, I am leaning on Darthe being town. I don't think a scum put so much effort.

Hallia's cliche initially made me think that it might be not be possible for a scum to have that cliche but now I am not sure about that. She could be scum.

Ley, same thing as Hallia about cliche but between Ley and Hallia, Hallia is more suspicious.

More explanation coming up tomorrow, once I am done with exams.

Cliches haven´t got anything to do with alignment. Don´t like this post either. 

tina-is-mafia-rcdwtu.jpg

Did someone say they dreamed someoene else was mafia in this game? Was thinking either Tress or Sooh.?

Also. Had to redo this one cause it vanished from meme thread :angry:

I´m honored that you took your time to re-make it. I think it was Tress.

Why?

Hallia might be mafia, what do I know? But there have been a lot of votes on her today and there doesn´t seem to be a serious competing train. People talk about Ley as mafia, which I feel is weird since he is my strongesst town lean. 

No one wants to follow me on Shady so 

[unvote]

[v] Sooh [/v]

b62d0b1d85dc25ffe97cce3028087666.jpg

Vote Count

Darthe - 1 (Turin)

Sooh - 1 (Tina)

Hallia - 5 (Darthe, Dice, Leyrann, Sooh, RTE)

Dice - 1 (Hallia)

Not Voting - 5 (Panchi, BFG, Tress, Shadar, Yates)

With 13 alive it takes 7 to Lynch.

Day 2 Deadline Ends Monday 23 March 2015 @ 9.15pm GMT (so it doesn't hit a weekend)

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150323T2115&p0=136&msg=end+of+day+2

Let me see if it pans out logically and if so I'll explain in the night. Right now it's a bit off the cuff.

And why not explain now? If it's not because you don't want the mafia to know, it's a bad reason.

Tina, care to explain your vote?

<<Intent to put Hally at L-1>>

Okay, Hally. This is your chance to prove you are super awesome Town. Or get lynched. Can't wait around until an hour before EOD to find an alternative wagon.

Wow you guys posted a lot, I will get on after I fet back to school, which is a 4 hr drive be back, then.

It happens. Sometimes a mafia game moves REALLY fast at once. Good luck catching up (though you will probably only read that after you've done so...).

Archived