DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game Over] Cliche Mafia - The Death of Meta - Sooh Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<<Intent to put Hally at L-1>>

Is this a new thing? Why am I always the last to know about new things? :laugh:

I think maybe you are never pro Town?   :wink:

Hey that's my cliche!   :darkone:

Seriously tho, Why is that a thing? "intent to vote" it sounds almost like asking permission. I can sort of see the older intent to hammer but I mean really just do or don't. No real need to tell me about it. /my2cents

I like this. People I suspect are questioning me, People who I think town are moving forward and this lynch isn't easy despite Hally looking obvious. Those are all good things.

which group am I in? :unsure:

If Hallia got revealed as IC who would you be after right now?

What do you think about Yates requesting to put Hallia at L-1?

You're in people I don't quite know what to make of but that I don't have any real reason to suspect.

If Hally was an IC I'd go Ley as I said.

I don't see an issue with Yates request though it didn't look like much of a request to me.

Pretty sure the "Darthe Book of Mafia" states that no counter train indicates town most of the time, Hallia has no counter.

Why are you arguing that Hallia's lynch is hard to push, when pretty much everyone posting except Turin, Yates, Tina and now myself have joined it without question and Yates has stated intent to vote so doesn't really count.

Yates is another logical player, I expect him to know the same generic 'book of Darthe' as me if not better. Him being well aware that there's no counter and not looking elsewhere doesn't sit will either.

Darthe, Yates, why is your logic backwards?

I think maybe you don't know my logic?  There's nothing backwards there.  Why do you think I stated my intent to put Hally at L-1, BFG?

Last time you told me I didn't understand your logic you were mafia,

just saying.

I don't understand your logic of stating your intent to vote to L1, as a plus it shops scummy early hammers like Eldricks last game (the only thing I remember from his play) on the other hand you're not looking elsewhere.

Do you agree with Darthe that Hallia's wagon is 'hard' to push through or not? If you do why aren't you voting, if you don't why aren't you looking elsewhere?

Hally hasn't tried to push people off of her train so it logically goes to assume that even if she is scum the mafia are content with waiting it out BFG. That nullifies the counterclaim argument (which is only a good reason for lynching panchi today). The people who haven't joined are people I don't trust and people that could be mafia with Hally. If their tactic is to train stall here then they wouldn't want to provide momentum yet also woildnt want to link themselves to a teammate by providing a counter wagon. That fits well with the way this wagon has been responded to.

The only issue is that Ley fits just as well withthe group and when I mentioned him several of my suspects jumped on my post witg "why Ley" type responses. Kinda sketchy.

My reason for trusting you as well as I do is that you've been asking Good questions where most haven't dig into this game. Frankly with all of the on thread nonsense this match is bound to be somewhat of a crapshoot

Darthe

+ making cases

- cases seem to be on 'easy' targets, made null-er by the fact that neither Panchi or Hallia have addressed them, note that Panchi time zone likely means that she wasn't around during Chinese fire drill but still hasn't addressed the number of 'sheep' votes on her, whereas Hallia has been in and out and said little.

- logic on single trains seems counter to his usual thinking

+ trying to explain

+ made Eod

+ early game made little effort to make friends.

Yates

- made no effort to case people, look elsewhere for suspects other than leading wagon, or competing wagon

- conversation with Cass yesterday about 'read for posterity' looks vaguely similar to 'intent to vote Hallia' and both seem lazy

- comment about 'no lynch' last game leading to mafia victory is somewhat disingenuous since mafia have been winning the majority of games recently

- lots of posts and not said very much

- majority of early posts about Verbs outrageous claiming, but apparently never checked with Ithi, didn't register as a -ve until the 'oh we shared a cliché' post

+ made EoD

-game reminding me of MLP mafia game - would value Tina's input on this.

Tress

- faded into the background (null because lots of players have I'm just more aware of Tress because I've played with her more)

+ made EoD

Tina

+ not getting the feel that she's forcing her reads this game

- missed EDO

Hallia

+ seemed relaxed early game

-! Disappeared once game play started

+! no counter wagon.

Honestly there's nothing in Hallia's ISO that makes me think she's particularly townie. But the lack of a general counter wagon concerns me.

[v]Yates[/v]

Too many people didn't register when my tablet was going through its html text version of DM fest (which made determining who said what 'difficult' especially through quoted posts). Internet is good now, but I haven't had time yet to reread so there are a number of players I don't have much of a read on and the ISOs tonight were on players I'm more familiar with.

Yates isn't being nearly as proactive as I would expect as town, has said a lot but not much that means anything, nor is he apparently asking questions I'd expect him to be asking

Yates is another logical player, I expect him to know the same generic 'book of Darthe' as me if not better. Him being well aware that there's no counter and not looking elsewhere doesn't sit will either.

LOL - You expect *me* to follow the "Book of Darthe???"

*Pauses to allow laughter to subside*

But seriously... Why *I* don't subscribe to the "Book of Darthe:"

Also it actually states "If there is no counter train then the mafia is likely comfortable withthe current train."

Stuff like this? No bueno. That's a super generic statement. No counter is just as likely to mean scum can't find a suitable counter wagon without exposing themselves. OR - maybe you are the caboose on this Hally train because you don't want your scum buddy to go down?

I don't understand your logic of stating your intent to vote to L1, as a plus it shops scummy early hammers like Eldricks last game (the only thing I remember from his play)

So you do understand part of what I'm doing. I also didn't like how we couldn't swing a CW onto Panchi end of day 1. So I'm giving Hally extra motivation to get in here and clear her name SOONER rather than with an hour to go in the Day phase. That's why, if you read the rest of my post, you'll notice that I explicitly asked her to come in and Town it up.

...on the other hand you're not looking elsewhere.

It's been the weekend. I have been LA. I had guests until 20 minutes ago. Trying to nudge Hally to defend herself from a growing wagon that we have proven can not be disbanded if she is Town is about as much effort as I could put into the game at this point in time. I'm sure I'll have more time tomorrow - but it might be too late to make a huge difference.

Yates

1- made no effort to case people, look elsewhere for suspects other than leading wagon, or competing wagon

2- conversation with Cass yesterday about 'read for posterity' looks vaguely similar to 'intent to vote Hallia' and both seem lazy

3- comment about 'no lynch' last game leading to mafia victory is somewhat disingenuous since mafia have been winning the majority of games recently

4- lots of posts and not said very much

5- majority of early posts about Verbs outrageous claiming, but apparently never checked with Ithi, didn't register as a -ve until the 'oh we shared a cliché' post

+ made EoD

6-game reminding me of MLP mafia game - would value Tina's input on this.

1 - You mean except for where I tried to figure out Cass because no one else seemed to be doing it, right?

2 - It looks "vaguely similar" because it's the same thing. I'm calling for the person with the biggest wagon to get in here and defend their position. How they defend their slot is how I get my read.

3 - Matter of opinion. I'd like to think mafia anti-Town won the last two because I was anti-Town the last two. But maybe I'm just egotistical.

4 - I said enough to find Town and to earn Town reads from people that have either already flipped Town or that I think are very likely Town. So that's something. Sorry that I didn't have the ability make Cass stop crap posting after I got her out of a jam thus sealing her own fate rather than the her CW's.

5 - You don't know how Verbal and I read each other. Also, I *did* ask the mod. It's in my ISO. I'd link to it but I think you've made yourself look silly enough.

6 - What?

Yates isn't being nearly as proactive as I would expect as town, has said a lot but not much that means anything, nor is he apparently asking questions I'd expect him to be asking

You just described my scum game. So how are my current actions reminding you of MLP, again? Yeah, I'd be interested in Tina's input on this as well.

I have a much better question for you, BFG; Given that a Townie was mislynched Day 1, do you think there are more scum ON or OFF the mislynch wagon? This is important given your current vote and fundamental lack of understanding of how I'm approaching this game. And also, believe me or not, I have a Town PR claim out there along with an action claim. Turin is absolutely more than welcome to challenge my result at his own discretion. So you are not only voting for someone OFF the Town wagon but also an un-cced PR with an unchallenged result. The trifecta of poor voting choices. Bully for you.

"Book of Darthe...."

SMFH

For SHAME!

Should clarify; earlier Yates looking better than Darthe was (hopefully obviously) just about the 'logic' of the train analysis and not overall.

This seems like an odd thing to "correct" for no apparent reason. Self-conscious, much?

Archived