DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Blue Ajah Harry Potter Week ] *Game Over - Town Wins* Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 Mafia

Ithillian Turambar

Add to that that Darthe, Hallia, and Daruya have been nudging the Basel train without voting on it and I'm feeling very uneasy about it.  I feel like there would be more resistance if Basel were mafia.  Anyways, as Daruya pointed out, we have plenty of time and as Mish pointed out, we're way ahead, so I'm not fussed right now.  I'm just pointing out things I see.

That's right!  I am pushing him without voting him and mafia resistance happens to be thin, which is suspect isn't it?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peace, the wand chooses the wizard. So either your character has one or not. Even without a wand you can still use potions.

My suspicion is that it is more likely that between Thorum and Basel it would be Basel that was polyjuiced. He was the one to bring it out that it was in play last night. How would he know? There is nothing that says you havevto use a spell/potion that night. In addition the mafia are a team. So they can coordinate their night actions. So just because he follows mish doesn't mean a teammate didn't give him the potion.

The hunch part of my thought was in regard to what ability he claimed as his boost. Tracking and following are IMO the most common mafia investigative roles. Boosts and upgrades are linked to alignment I believe based upon my situation and what I have seen from mish's reports of her boost and upgrade. It seems that they follow in the same tree of abilities. But not truly in a straight line. I was thinking what role would those two likely lead to and what I got was role cop. Which is moat often in my experience mafia. Added to his sketchy play earlier and he is my number one choice right now.

DailyProphetLogo.jpg

Rita Skeeter reporting in from the scene at Lego Harry Potter Mafia. This past night I staked out the residences of one named Daruya. Having recently entered the game with little information and content attributed to her name, this potentially set her up as a easy target for mischief and mishap. In an effort to be the first on the story your trusty reporter remained vigilant the whole night but alas no one came to pay our friend a visit. But yours truly is happy to note that no one succumbed in the dark of night and we have all lived to fight another day. But when will the killings end? Will Lego Harry Potter Mafia ever find peace? Find out tomorrow!

DailyProphetLogo.jpg

Rita Skeeter reporting in from the scene at Lego Harry Potter Mafia. This past night I staked out the residences of one named Daruya. Having recently entered the game with little information and content attributed to her name, this potentially set her up as a easy target for mischief and mishap. In an effort to be the first on the story your trusty reporter remained vigilant the whole night but alas no one came to pay our friend a visit. But yours truly is happy to note that no one succumbed in the dark of night and we have all lived to fight another day. But when will the killings end? Will Lego Harry Potter Mafia ever find peace? Find out tomorrow!

Well Peace is in the game now, lol

And good morning IthiMod  :wub:

My vote on Thorum is based on the skechiness of some of the Basel votes and that Thorum seem to be setting Brid up for a fall if Basel flips town.

Wombat, which votes placed on Basel did you find sketchy and why?

All of them actually, but you and Mish have good claims so I don't think you're mafia.  It still adds to the general unease I feel about the wagon.

Cloud voted Basel with no reason given, which is fine but he hasn't come back to say much so it looks opportunistic.  Usually when I do that kind of thing I pick people who either haven't been taking much heat or aren't likely to be lynched right away.

Your vote also has no real reasoning, which is kind of funny because it's a second vote and you always like to yell at people for placing weak second votes.  I thought your "hunch" may have been a reaction test like I do but idk.  Basically the same thing I said about Cloud applies.  But you have a good claim and you always do things I think are scummy so bleh for now.

Brid's vote is for the "same reason as before" which seems pretty lazy and sheep-like to me.  I think she may be town but it's not an inspiring vote.  I may have to reevaluate depending on what I decide with respect to Thorum.

Mish's vote has a lot of reasoning behind it but it's not very good reasoning.  The thing about you and BG actually makes me slightly less suspicious of Basel now that BG has fliped scum.  As I said earlier, I think that scum tend to pick two townies for that sort of thing.  I liked Mish's case on Basel D1.  Moreso than her case on Thorum.  But now she's voting Basel.  I don't get it.  She seems to be a doc and her vote is actually the best so I don't think she's mafia.

Add to that that Darthe, Hallia, and Daruya have been nudging the Basel train without voting on it and I'm feeling very uneasy about it.  I feel like there would be more resistance if Basel were mafia.  Anyways, as Daruya pointed out, we have plenty of time and as Mish pointed out, we're way ahead, so I'm not fussed right now.  I'm just pointing out things I see.

First line is a "general unease" which to me reads as a gut feeling that you are having. Ya?

Cloud did question Basel over the whole "one of BG or Turin is town, but not likely both" thing. It is my experience that when one mafia sees another follow along after a townie they will try to link them together so that when one flips it either makes the Mafia look good (preferred) or the townie look bad. I was the one that started that line of questioning (to Thorum BTW) and BG was the one that followed along after it. I saw Basel's post to be a way to make sure that the pressure stayed on me and also a way to use a "gut feeling" to say why he was not suspicious of BG (who ended up mafia).

I think I have explained my vote in there also. But I don't generally yell at anyone in mafia. I will call people on things that strike me as odd. I really don't get too upset about the whole 2nd vote thing because I don't generally place "joke" votes. In Fact I was the one that placed the first second vote of the game. I didn't call anyone out for placing a second vote on me. I questioned the reason why they placed the vote. I am usually more likely to question the person that questions a second vote placed with a given reason. Those are frequently the people that are trying to not actually look for mafia.

Brid may well have been jumping on a easy lynch. Or adding a bus vote. It is always good to get on the bus early while there are plenty of seats available. (and in spot #3 too. LOL) No do not get into a argument about mafia in slot #3.

Mish was perhaps a bit over the top on her casing and voting but I'm still trying to see how you are really categorizing any of the votes for Basel as sketchy. With the possible exception of Brid. something about this just feels wrong. I'm sure what yet tho.

Darthe is Darthe. He still hasn't answered about what he thought of Kassidy's D1 contributions.

Hallia could talk more. And take more of a stand.

Daruya has been posting thoughts and trying to make sense of this game. She hasn't really been too much after anyone other than Basel but if her style is too wait to vote then so be it. Although I would very much like everyone to come in and give their current opinions and also to vote who they think is mafia. (stud bonus and all that)

Official Vote Count

Basel - 4 (Cloud, Turin, Brid, Mish)
Brid - 1 (Thorum)
Thorum - 2 (Dice, Wombat)

Not Voting - 7 (Basel, Darthe, Daruya, Nicana, RTE, Hallia, peace)

With 14 Alive it takes 8 to Lynch

Current End of Round Bonus = 700 Studs

Day Three Deadline is Sunday 11th August at 9pm BST - Deadline Extended due to Weekend.

http://www.timeandda... deadline&csz=1 

I disagree with you on the linking thing, Turin.  First of all, not all linking is bad (although at the time Basel's looked pretty bad).  Secondly, I see the linking play done more often with two townies than with one town and one scum.  It's too risky to do it with scum.  I think anyone trying to pressure you at that point was being silly.  You were definitely overplaying your cop claim given that the setup is somewhat open, but I saw that more as selfish play than scummy play.

You actually haven't explained your vote.  You just said somethign about a "hunch."  Maybe you explained your suspicions on Basel earlier but I haven't seen it today.

Agree on Brid.  Her vote is the sketchiest.

Mish was actually the best vote but still kinda meh.  Her claim helps her out here.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the sketchiness thing.  I see the train and the activity around it as sketchy.  Especially Cloud, Brid, and Hallia.  It's part analysis (which I have given) and part gut 9as you pointed out).  I also don't like how the action this day has been forced into a Basel vs. Thorum dichotomy.  Mafia like to force those things sometimes on two townies to set up uninformative mislynches.  I'm willing to consolidate if needed though.  Of course, given the stud bonus thing, perhaps me voting someone other than the main candidates isn't a bad idea (it will let more people vote).

unvote

Vote: Hallia

I wanted to observe her a bit but she's gone inactive again.

Um...when did I die?  Wish someone told me.

Why do you think you died?

We have a lot of studs. Anyone who hasn't upgraded yet? Or is mafia stacking up massively, in preparation for a last desparate attack? Is that why there was no kill last night?

Hallia, there was no bg-train before Rita. Would you have acted any different if you were the first online after that article? Would I have answered in the same way if I was mafia with bg? Someone after me tried to move on to the next topic, and forget about Rita. Seems WAY more scummy to me. 

Checked. Three people tried to 'forget' Rita: Bridmorgen, Mish and Cloud. See my previous post on why that means I'll unvote and vote Bird

Did anyone revelio Turin last night ?

I said that cause I believe it was Darthe in his first post(s) saying I was dead.  He may have been referencing my hard drive.

As for forgetting Rita...wasn't aware that her post was important.  *shrugs*  Only reason I ignored it. 

Agree on Brid.  Her vote is the sketchiest.

*draws a picture of Basel*  Now my vote is the sketchiest. 

My gut tells me Basel is mafia.  I am going to go with my gut.  His posts have little substance, he's not making a stand against anyone...I don't know Basel inside of mafia games, but do know him outside and this doesn't read Basel to me.  This is why I am voting for him.

As for jumping on the bus, yup I did.  He was on my list, and Basel wasn't going to be lynched so I changed my vote. 

Archived