DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Blue Ajah Harry Potter Week ] *Game Over - Town Wins* Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 Mafia

Ithillian Turambar

Basel, I think it is pretty much agreed upon that polyjuice will not make you look like another player. it will make your character appear as a different character. The example is that you do not know what character Mish is right now. You merely know that she performed some sort of protective action.  Which you would be readily able to fake as she had basically hinted that she was a protector of some sort. I still do not understand why as town you would mention that btw. So now it was all a trap?  not really buying that.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wombat, I wasn't poking at you. That was for the people that haven't been around much at all. I actually thought much of what Cloud said was pretty good. I am leaning more town on him now.

Go Peace Go. I look forward to a fresh perspective. I think we all get a little clouded from our own postings. So is good to have someone give outside views if you will. Maybe I will infuriate him too, lol.

Basel, I think it is pretty much agreed upon that polyjuice will not make you look like another player. it will make your character appear as a different character. The example is that you do not know what character Mish is right now. You merely know that she performed some sort of protective action.  Which you would be readily able to fake as she had basically hinted that she was a protector of some sort. I still do not understand why as town you would mention that btw. So now it was all a trap?  not really buying that.

Anyone can hint at being a protector. Is it scummy that I would want to see whether she was telling the truth?

Wombat, I wasn't poking at you. That was for the people that haven't been around much at all. I actually thought much of what Cloud said was pretty good. I am leaning more town on him now.

Go Peace Go. I look forward to a fresh perspective. I think we all get a little clouded from our own postings. So is good to have someone give outside views if you will. Maybe I will infuriate him too, lol.

Don't know how fresh my perspective is..but I am all caught up.   Many things I was taking notes on day 1 have all been addressed to some degree or another.  This has been are really good scum hunting game.

Some basic thoughts on the players:

Cloud - Initially thought he was looking very scummy.  He defended BG in post #216 and bussed (if scum) Rhea in post #217.  Turins post #222 summed up my thoughts on Cloud up to that point nicely.  Then in post #274 he discounts turins claim while hedging a bit.  And his "woohoo" post on a scum lynch in post #231 usually rings as a strong scum tell to me.  This is where scum's inner guilt often shines through.

BUT...BUT...BUT...Day 2 Cloud confirms Turins character claim as Sirius Black which Mish later also confirms.  And his posts since day 1 have all either looked very pro town or mirrored my thoughts closely while reading the game. Day 1 statements can often be a bear on townees as it is easy to see scum hints in everything someone says.  So I'm giving his play since then more weight. Slight town read.

Hallia - Her first real post #231 was jester talk. Bah.  Horrible.  Then later says used potion on DPR #373.  Why on DPR? You never gave a reason.  Then in post #394 she says this concerning why DPR was night killed:

That might've been exactly why.  He hadn't done anything in particular, and therefore couldn't be linked, positively or negatively to anyone.

If this is how she felt...why use a potion on him?  Was she trying to cover her tracks on a NK visit?  Highly suspicious.  Not to mention this statement completely misrepresented DPR's day 1 play.  STRONG SCUM READ.

Mish - Mish has played a great game so far.  Particularly liked posts #409 and #410.  Strong Town Read.

Basel Gil - Early read on him mirrored Turin quite a bit.  And opposes Wombats view.  I'll explain that in a bit.  Basel FOS'ed BG and Turin in an early thread and voted Turin in that thread.  In my experience, scum will often FOS 1 town player and 1 scum player and vote the town player.  This is what I call a semi-bus move.  This creates distance if the scum player ever gets lynched.  This is a complete opposite view on how Wombat views this play...which I think is funny considering its a very common tactic.  BTW...Turin has very nice post concerning this in post #258.

Then later Basel has a nice little interchange with BG setting up BG to go into his whole math diatribe. 

I bought a strength potion during the first day, as well. How does that fit into your maths?

Then Basel does the hammer bus.  The way this happened is important.  There was a hammer attempt already.  Basel takes the opportunity to get in on the scum lynch to provide distance again quickly..knowing the vote would be fixed.  This way he can say he voted for scum.  BG was gonna be lynched anyway..Basel had to be there.  STRONG SCUM READ.

And that's the hammer.

Actually, it wouldn't be the hammer cause Brid didn't bold.

Unvote, vote BG.

Turin - I've seen Turin going from null to strong pro town.  Many were implying he was flailing at early pressure and I never read it that way.  DPR was the worst of it and even though he flipped town he looked bad in my eyes.  That leads me to believe his death was used as a setup to make Turin look bad.  There is no other reason possible.   Plus he has mirrored a ton of my own thoughts while reading the game.  Plus it's day 4 and no cop counter claim.  Turin is who he says he is.  STRONG TOWN READ.

Those are the players that stood out to me initially..other than Thorum being moody and stubborn I don't have strong reads on anyone else yet. 

VOTE BASEL GIL

Lol - speak of the ...excellent replacement type person :wink:

No storms or fishing trips. Marvellous.

Ran into a huge storm on my last fishing trip.  Luckily we camped on a small rise.  There were rivers of runoff encircling us for a few hours.

Official Vote Count

Basel - 5 (Cloud, Turin, Brid, Mish, Peace)

Brid - 1 (Thorum)

Thorum - 1 (Dice)

Hallia - 1 (Wombat)

Not Voting - 6 (Basel, Darthe, Daruya, Nicana, RTE, Hallia)

With 14 Alive it takes 8 to Lynch

Current End of Round Bonus = 800 Studs

Day Three Deadline is Sunday 11th August at 9pm BST - Deadline Extended due to Weekend.

http://www.timeandda... deadline&csz=1

I disagree with you on that semi-bus thing you described being common, Peace.  It's way too risky imo.  As mafia, I prefer to just straight bus rather than do stupid linking stuff, especially given the irrational fear of linking 'round these parts.

Going out in a bit so I can't do any casing today.  I'll be here to consolidate tomorrow if needed.  I'd rather keep my vote on Hallia for studs/principle though.

Still a migraine but something about some of the reasoning bugged me and I wanted to try to get it jotted down to see if anyone else had something to add.

Let's assume for this hypothetical exercise that Thorum and Basel are mafia teammates.  I revelio'd Thorum as a town character, someone else (Wombat, I think; I don't feel like going back umpteen pages to find out right now) Revelio'd Basel as George.  If Thorum used PJ on Basel to make him appear town and Basel used his ability to follow Mish, who PJ'd Thorum to make him appear town?   Remember, we all only have one NA apiece so Thorum couldn't have used it on himself and Basel couldn't have used it on Thorum because Basel used his ability that Night to follow Mish.  Does that mean there's another mafia character out there who may have PJ'd Thorum and, if so, who?

I highly doubt they are mafia together. But I do think one of them is mafia, and we're good enough on the numbers to afford a mislynch or two right now.

Why would you follow Mish if you are town? That doesn't make any sense to me. I also don't believe anything you say in this game so I'm not buying your character claim either.

Because I was suspicious of her at the time, duh. Why else would I follow someone if I am town? I can't even begin to find words for how utterly pointless this question is. This isn't like a normal game, where the mod makes someone a doc. She claimed to buy an upgrade making her a doc, which is harder to back up, and at the time I sent the NA, I felt that anyone can say they bought an upgrade to make them some kind of role.

^^ This. And btw Basel said that he followed Mish last Night and he got a result back which said that she protected. This is a very vague statement because he doesn't specify if she self-protected or protected someone else, but by looking at the wording of "protected" I think he meant the former. In any case even if I'm wrong about the wording I don't see protecting the same as using a bodyguard ability on someone else.

Cloud, do you even know what following does? Following tells you what actions your target performed. It doesn't tell you who they used the actions on. So why do you expect me to know who she protected?

Anyone got anything new? Basel? Why were you so sure that Polyjuice was used last night? Do you still stand by that statement?

Turin, I have gone over this already. How about you quit skimming, and go back and read my posts where I made the point the first time?

I think there is a good chance that PJ was in the mix last night. Mish is saying that she didn't use any draughts last night. I bought a character boost on D2 and was given a shot to track or follow. I chose to follow Mish, and was told that she protected. Which leads me to think that someone out there was disguised as Mish.

If Mish claimed she was bluffing, and my result told me that Mish protected, then that means that someone else protected and was PJed to appear as Mish.

I got the ability to either track or follow. I used follow last night. Mish's eventual explanation makes some sense, since I had thought her initial talk of having bluffed about using a draught meant that she didn't cast any magic at all, but she now says she did, which fits events more nicely. (And I didn't even remember Madam Pomfrey and had to look her up to see who she was.)

As for whether I still stand by that, again, I already addressed this point before you ever asked the question. Mish backtracked, and established that she did protect but just didn't use a draught. God forbid I should actually say anything and have people notice it.

I never "backtracked". Don't throw buzzwords at me. I stated early on that I didn't use a draught on Turin; and I didn't. I never said I didn't do anything to protect Turin, just that I didn't use a draught.

And really... Do you see it as remotly likely that someone would PJ themselves into me to use a protective action? And that I was also busdrived or something with that person? This whole thing is so full of BS.

I am playing, Turin. I didn't seem to be having much of an effect though so I decided to take a break. I will try to post some more later today.

I disagree with a lot of stuff in Cloud's last post btw. He's really starting to ping me now. I think he's trying to lean on his alleged Revelio to give him towncred. Which is kinda silly because the mafia would know if Turin is mafia or not.

So you think a mafia would come out at the start of D2 and confirm a town player, just out of the blue? Yeah Cloud would earn town cred, but they also verified Turin solidly, when there was enough doubt about him that they could have kept spinning into D2 and maybe gotten him lynched. It did kinda look like that is what they were trying to do with the DPR-kill. Your logic, it fails.

I would've done it. The odds of Turin not being Revelio'd by a townie were pretty low imo. I'm kinda surprised that they apparently didn't Polyjuice Turin. I guess they figured the RB was enough. There was no way Turin was getting lynched after he claimed cop imo. Which means a fake Revelio on Turin would be low-risk towncred.

And given BG's flip and the fact that he and Rhea were both caught buddying Turin, I'm thinking the DPR kill was much more likely to be Big Game Hunting or to protect BG than to frame Turin. Why use your kill to frame Turin if you're not going to use your words too?

I apologize for not being around I've been out of town the past few days and just caught up. 

I am still suspicious of  Thorum but Basel you are looking even worse right now. First of all something didn't sit well with me when you had a gut feeling about BG or Turin being mafia. Turin has pretty much proved himself town with me, but BG was mafia. It seemed to me like you already knew that answer. Yes a gut feeling. I also noticed that you left Thorum's train to hammer BG with no reason for moving your vote whatsoever. Now you claim a PJ potion was used and you believe it was someone impersonating Mish when the PJ potion doesn't work that way. I don't believe you.

Vote Basel

Big game hunt the one player that was pushing hard for a cop lynch? Naw..plus there is no big game. It's a BS theory and when scum I've never seen it discussed in a QT.

Way to pick out the least important part of my post to criticize. Read my post again. The whole thing. Ignore the Big Game Hunting part if you find it too distracting.

Big game hunt the one player that was pushing hard for a cop lynch? Naw..plus there is no big game. It's a BS theory and when scum I've never seen it discussed in a QT.

Way to pick out the least important part of my post to criticize. Read my post again. The whole thing. Ignore the Big Game Hunting part if you find it too distracting.

Well that's a discussion you are having with Mish. You made two seperate points. I don't really have a strong opinion on it.

I apologize for not being around I've been out of town the past few days and just caught up. 

I am still suspicious of  Thorum but Basel you are looking even worse right now. First of all something didn't sit well with me when you had a gut feeling about BG or Turin being mafia. Turin has pretty much proved himself town with me, but BG was mafia. It seemed to me like you already knew that answer. Yes a gut feeling. I also noticed that you left Thorum's train to hammer BG with no reason for moving your vote whatsoever. Now you claim a PJ potion was used and you believe it was someone impersonating Mish when the PJ potion doesn't work that way. I don't believe you.

Vote Basel

Trying to sneak in and go for the easy lynch, are you? Is one of your teammates supposed to drop the hammer? This is looking scummy. I'm guessing one of the people not currently voting me is scum, and will come swooping in soon. My bet's on RTE or Hally.

Vote Nicana

Archived