DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Blue Ajah Harry Potter Week ] *Game Over - Town Wins* Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 Mafia

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basel you said your boost gave you two chances to either follow or track. Is that right? Also why say what mish did? I am not finding a town reason for that at this time.

I don't think it is what Mish did. Mish's post at #669 indicates that she lied about protecting you. I think someone else submitted a protect action on a person, and they were under a PJ potion so I saw them as Mish. Knowing that there was likely a PJ in use last night is important, I think.

Basel: PJ lets you impersonate characters, not players.

Mish, I don't see in the instructions that upgrading your character makes you lose your potions . . . So it kind of bugs me that you say that you lost your draughts when you upgraded your character.

Mods, is this a valid claim?

My character upgrade made me into a ghost, so I have some powers of my own, but since I'm a ghost I can't hold a wand or a potion. Savvy? I went from being one character, to another, when I upgraded. So I was Madam Pomfrey to begin with; that's why my boost was restoriative draughts (the boost was called 2x Nurse's action). Now I'm a ghost.

Darthe, one of the people on your list is not scum, unless that person had already used polyjuice potion when I cast Revelio.  Although . . .I guess that is possible so maybe I shouldn't be a certain as I originally was . . . :unsure:  For some reason, I didn't even think of PJ potion when I posted earlier.

I do agree with you on Turin, Mish, Cloud, and myself though.

I think there is a good chance that PJ was in the mix last night. Mish is saying that she didn't use any draughts last night. I bought a character boost on D2 and was given a shot to track or follow. I chose to follow Mish, and was told that she protected. Which leads me to think that someone out there was disguised as Mish.

And if it helps, I am George.

Bolded: That was so completly unneccessary to say. Even with your botched Polyjuice-potion theory. Pray tell; Why would someone disguise themself as me, and do a pro-town action?

I know who has the character of Ginny Weasley. I will not out that person unless they are in lynch danger.

vote Basel

I have a hunch also there have been some things that I noticed earlier.

Good to know that some find me annoying.

Morning Ithimod :wub:

Basel you said your boost gave you two chances to either follow or track. Is that right? Also why say what mish did? I am not finding a town reason for that at this time.

Bolded: I agree 100%.

Time to check out Basel. He's been bugging me since D1 (refer to my whole long case in you don't remember why).

And should he be town; well, a good info lynch nonetheless. Been plenty of people willing to follow onto Basel since I initially posted my case. And we're in a pretty good standing now, so I'm willing to take that risk. But I don't really think he's town. Two bus-looking votes + the whole thing with BG and Turin (wich now that BG flipped mafia, looks even worse).

Vote Basel

And for those wondering... Yes I did indeed perform a kind of protective action on Turin last night. That's how I know nobody targeted him with a killed; if he had died, so would I. So unless someone else did a protective action on him, Turin was not targeted with a nightkill.

Official Vote Count

Basel - 4 (Cloud, Turin, Brid, Mish)
Amarande - 1 (Wombat)
Thorum - 2 (Hallia, dice)

Not Voting - 7 (Basel, Darthe, Amarande, Time, Thorum, Nicana, RTE)

With 14 Alive it takes 8 to Lynch

Current End of Round Bonus = 700 Studs

Day Three Deadline is Sunday 11th August at 9pm BST - Deadline Extended due to Weekend.

http://www.timeandda... deadline&csz=1 

Basel, why character claim now?  You're not in danger of a lynch (yet).  And claiming one of the twins, to boot.  Just out of curiosity (and assuming you actually are town - which I'll admit to being unsure about), who do YOU think/claim is scum?

Darthe, you asked me to rank my reads for town and scum.  Honestly, my town reads I am pretty sure about, for the most part (niggling uncertainty about one); scum reads I'm more tentative on.  I should have done as you did and made notes as I skimmed through as an alternate before being asked to fill in.  I don't play mafia often but when I do, I tend to take copious notes.  I didn't do that this time . . . and now I'm quailing at the thought of going back and doing so!  I probably will try to do that, at least this weekend.  For now, I can mostly only get on at work which limits my time for review/analysis.

Question for the mods (and I can't believe I didn't ask this before): If we use Revelio on someone, will we see their actual assigned character or, if PJ potion was in play, would we see the character they had assumed via use of the potion?  (Hoping against hope here that I don't get a PAFO . . . LOL!)

I got Sirius Black when I used Revelio on Turin, so did Cloud apparantly. It's pretty clear Polyjuice is there to counter Revelio (kinda like a cop/godfather, or lie detector/silver tounge; all investigative roles have a counter) so if someone used PJ, I'm 99% sure you'd get the character they'd polyjuiced themselves into.

So if I was really Bellatrix, and I polyjuiced myself into hermione, and you revelioed me, you'd see Hermione.

Strange to see so much happening, but nothing changing in the voting behaviour. Some very interesting things which I'll discuss in a bit more detail later (today or tomorrow).

For now, one question: Basel, why claim George?

Also, vote darthe

Something irrational bugs me about the posts since day broke.

Since those new quote-things hate multiquotes, you'll get a full post per quote (and no quotes if not necessary).

Don't call anyone "Dar". This game is complicated enough without THAT mix-up.

Some thoughts on dementors.

- It looks like the patroni won't always work? So it may be usefull to double, triple, ... ?

- Is Darthe the only one being attacked? Or is there more going on? Is everyone being attacked notified?

Now here's a funny thing for you all. I wrote yesterday that I would give Turin one of my draughts, right? That was complete wifom, since I upgraded my character completly last Day, and I don't have access to potions or charms anymore, so I lost my draughts. My draught never stopped Avada Kedavra either, btw. Just all other kinds of charms and spells. But I decided to WIFOM it to see what happened.

And nobody tried to kill Turin last night. I have ways of knowing this now.

Quoting this, since it seems different from what I remember from her later post. I'll come back on this later.

I forgot a name on my "lowest on my list for scum" list. It should read: Turin, Thorum, Mish, and Cloud (not necessarily in that order).

Can you make a list from town down to scum in order? I know some may be ambiguous but it would help ;)

Daruya already made one of the largest lists in this game with those four names. Why ask her?

From Darthe's notes:

Thorum says it may be a fake claim, Turin would never reveal this early for real!

I still agree with the latter part. It isn't a smart move to claim that early, wether or not you're town.

Thorum still hasn't voted which looks terrible
If he's still following: thanks DPR, for reminding me of this overlook. First time since very long I forget to revote in a mafia game. My reason to vote Rhea was simple: we needed a lynch.

Ithi made a scene post from Rita Skeeter that stated who all visited Turin, which was Cloud, Mish, and BG.  BG flipped RB and Turin claimed RB, Mish and Cloud already claimed what they did.  Thus this effectively confirmed Turin Mish and Cloud!!
imo, that confirms Mish 99%, Turin and Cloud each about 87.5% (half more than the average).

Um...when did I die?  Wish someone told me.

Why do you think you died?

We have a lot of studs. Anyone who hasn't upgraded yet? Or is mafia stacking up massively, in preparation for a last desparate attack? Is that why there was no kill last night?

Hallia, there was no bg-train before Rita. Would you have acted any different if you were the first online after that article? Would I have answered in the same way if I was mafia with bg? Someone after me tried to move on to the next topic, and forget about Rita. Seems WAY more scummy to me. 

Checked. Three people tried to 'forget' Rita: Bridmorgen, Mish and Cloud. See my previous post on why that means I'll unvote and vote Bird

Did anyone revelio Turin last night ?

After Rita, you posted 5 times (posts 479,480,482,484,498) without mentioning it. You acknowledged Rita in post 586 (you were absent from post 498 to 586), but the game had been moved on by that time.

- Cloud is less confirmed because he was the second to claim;

- Turin is less confirmed because he could have been polyjuiced by bg.

And yes, I do say "less confirmed": they're still more likely mafia than the average.

I tried to make something out of Bridmorgan's posts, but most are just spam, except where she insists on voting Basel because:

I've noticed (and thanks to Mish's recap) that Basel is quite quiet in this game.  A lot of "fluff" posts with few "real" comments and game participation.  Then again, the same could be said for me.  I'll admit, I'm quiet because I have no clue what I'm doing (not that Berf isn't trying his hardest to get me to understand) and because my lack of working computer.  To me this doesn't strike me as Basel like and so..

Vote Basel

She has since referred to this post as to why revoting. I know from experience activity can vary greatly, and says nothing about mafianess (see this game, for example). Which makes this a bad reason.

The only other non-spam she did was voting bg when his train was on full steam.

After Rita, you posted 5 times (posts 479,480,482,484,498) without mentioning it. You acknowledged Rita in post 586 (you were absent from post 498 to 586), but the game had been moved on by that time.

- Cloud is less confirmed because he was the second to claim;

- Turin is less confirmed because he could have been polyjuiced by bg.

And yes, I do say "less confirmed": they're still more likely mafia than the average.

I was the second to claim revelio, not Cloud.

No I didn't aknowledge mention Rita. From the books, Rita is not trusthworthy; she likes to make up things and spin them how she likes. So I took note of the Rita-thing, filed it away to be looked at later, and prefered to go on and see what would come off it. Rita actually looked like a good candidate for third party to me at the time. Considering BG's flip, I'm willing to trust her a bit more, but not completly by a long shot.

Archived