DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Blue Ajah Harry Potter Week ] *Game Over - Town Wins* Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 Mafia

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Official Vote Count

Basel - 7 (Cloud, Turin, Brid, Mish, Peace, Nicana, Darthe)

Brid - 1 (Thorum)

Thorum - 1 (Dice)

Hallia - 1 (Wombat)

Nicana - 1 (Basel)

Not Voting - 3 (Daruya, RTE, Hallia)

With 14 Alive it takes 8 to Lynch

Current End of Round Bonus = 1100 Studs

Day Three Deadline is Sunday 11th August at 9pm BST - Deadline Extended due to Weekend.

http://www.timeandda... deadline&csz=1

Basel, I don't play often but that seems rather scummy move.  You are setting up someone for an "apparent" bus vote and listing a couple people as the most likely suspects.  So that's either a mafia move to cast suspicion on 1 or 2 town characters if they do come and cast the hammer or you really are town and grasping at straws.

That said, I don't see your train derailing between now and 6 hours from now.  If you are town, we should get some valuable information from those who drove the train.  If you are scum, we benefit even more.

So, since I'll be offline for awhile and I want to maximize studs by getting my vote in, vote Basel.  

I still have a feeling I'm missing something and am pretty frustrated that I'm just not seeing it yet.  Still, I will accept the risk of being the hammer vote for the good of the town and remain vigilant in hopes of figuring out what I'm missing.

Turin, did you ever answer my earlier question?

Still a migraine but something about some of the reasoning bugged me and I wanted to try to get it jotted down to see if anyone else had something to add.

Let's assume for this hypothetical exercise that Thorum and Basel are mafia teammates.  I revelio'd Thorum as a town character, someone else (Wombat, I think; I don't feel like going back umpteen pages to find out right now) Revelio'd Basel as George.  If Thorum used PJ on Basel to make him appear town and Basel used his ability to follow Mish, who PJ'd Thorum to make him appear town?   Remember, we all only have one NA apiece so Thorum couldn't have used it on himself and Basel couldn't have used it on Thorum because Basel used his ability that Night to follow Mish.  Does that mean there's another mafia character out there who may have PJ'd Thorum and, if so, who?

I don't think that Thorum is mafia anymore, and like you said it wouldn't make sense for the two mafioso left to be able to use three NA's last Night. 

Why would you follow Mish if you are town? That doesn't make any sense to me. I also don't believe anything you say in this game so I'm not buying your character claim either.

Because I was suspicious of her at the time, duh. Why else would I follow someone if I am town? I can't even begin to find words for how utterly pointless this question is. This isn't like a normal game, where the mod makes someone a doc. She claimed to buy an upgrade making her a doc, which is harder to back up, and at the time I sent the NA, I felt that anyone can say they bought an upgrade to make them some kind of role. You are the only person who has been suspicious of Mish. Everyone else has a pretty strong town read on her and that's part of the reason why it doesn't make any sense to me that you followed Mish if you were town. 

^^ This. And btw Basel said that he followed Mish last Night and he got a result back which said that she protected. This is a very vague statement because he doesn't specify if she self-protected or protected someone else, but by looking at the wording of "protected" I think he meant the former. In any case even if I'm wrong about the wording I don't see protecting the same as using a bodyguard ability on someone else.

Cloud, do you even know what following does? Following tells you what actions your target performed. It doesn't tell you who they used the actions on. So why do you expect me to know who she protected? I suppose it makes sense that you wouldn't be able to know on who she used her action on. 

Anyone got anything new? Basel? Why were you so sure that Polyjuice was used last night? Do you still stand by that statement?

Turin, I have gone over this already. How about you quit skimming, and go back and read my posts where I made the point the first time?

I think there is a good chance that PJ was in the mix last night. Mish is saying that she didn't use any draughts last night. I bought a character boost on D2 and was given a shot to track or follow. I chose to follow Mish, and was told that she protected. Which leads me to think that someone out there was disguised as Mish.

If Mish claimed she was bluffing, and my result told me that Mish protected, then that means that someone else protected and was PJed to appear as Mish. Or you are just lying about you following Mish last Night :rolleyes: It has already been established that PJ only lets you take on the disguise of a character, not a player, and it also wouldn't make any sense for a mafia to disguise themselves as Mish and then use a protective action on someone. Your explanation doesn't make any kind of sense dude. 

I got the ability to either track or follow. I used follow last night. Mish's eventual explanation makes some sense, since I had thought her initial talk of having bluffed about using a draught meant that she didn't cast any magic at all, but she now says she did, which fits events more nicely. (And I didn't even remember Madam Pomfrey and had to look her up to see who she was.)

As for whether I still stand by that, again, I already addressed this point before you ever asked the question. Mish backtracked, and established that she did protect but just didn't use a draught. God forbid I should actually say anything and have people notice it.

I am playing, Turin. I didn't seem to be having much of an effect though so I decided to take a break. I will try to post some more later today.

I disagree with a lot of stuff in Cloud's last post btw. He's really starting to ping me now. I think he's trying to lean on his alleged Revelio to give him towncred. Which is kinda silly because the mafia would know if Turin is mafia or not.

I have never used the Revelio thing as an explanation that I must be town. The others keep bringing up that fact to explain why they have a town read on me so you can't really blame me for it.

I apologize for not being around I've been out of town the past few days and just caught up. 

I am still suspicious of  Thorum but Basel you are looking even worse right now. First of all something didn't sit well with me when you had a gut feeling about BG or Turin being mafia. Turin has pretty much proved himself town with me, but BG was mafia. It seemed to me like you already knew that answer. Yes a gut feeling. I also noticed that you left Thorum's train to hammer BG with no reason for moving your vote whatsoever. Now you claim a PJ potion was used and you believe it was someone impersonating Mish when the PJ potion doesn't work that way. I don't believe you.

Vote Basel

Trying to sneak in and go for the easy lynch, are you? Is one of your teammates supposed to drop the hammer? This is looking scummy. I'm guessing one of the people not currently voting me is scum, and will come swooping in soon. My bet's on RTE or Hally.

Vote Nicana

And this post also confirms to me why Basel is mafia. He never had any serious scum reads on anyone and the only thing that he did this Day was defend himself against all the accusations and write pretty sounding explanations why he must be town and why we should believe him. 

Basel, I don't play often but that seems rather scummy move.  You are setting up someone for an "apparent" bus vote and listing a couple people as the most likely suspects.  So that's either a mafia move to cast suspicion on 1 or 2 town characters if they do come and cast the hammer or you really are town and grasping at straws.

That said, I don't see your train derailing between now and 6 hours from now.  If you are town, we should get some valuable information from those who drove the train.  If you are scum, we benefit even more.

So, since I'll be offline for awhile and I want to maximize studs by getting my vote in, vote Basel.  

I still have a feeling I'm missing something and am pretty frustrated that I'm just not seeing it yet.  Still, I will accept the risk of being the hammer vote for the good of the town and remain vigilant in hopes of figuring out what I'm missing.

Turin, did you ever answer my earlier question?

Damn this post is so scummy... Especially the part which I bolded; it just screams like a mafia who is trying to bus her teammate and is overjustifying her vote so she doesn't get any attention on herself. Having said that, I haven't found her previous post to be pinging and I'm much more suspicious of Hallia right now. I really like the point  Peace made about her using a STR Potion on DPR while she later says that he hasn't done anything in particular and couldn't be linked to anyone (which isn't true at all).

Official Vote Count

Basel - 8 (Cloud, Turin, Brid, Mish, Peace, Nicana, Darthe, Daruya)

Brid - 1 (Thorum)

Thorum - 1 (Dice)

Hallia - 1 (Wombat)

Nicana - 1 (Basel)

Not Voting - 2 (RTE, Hallia)

With 14 Alive it takes 8 to Lynch ... soooo That's a Lynch!

End of Round Bonus Achieved!! = 1200 Studs

Scene incoming ...

Ok - so the chess game was done. Now it was time to battle the final baddy - a guy with a penchant for purple turbans it seemed. He was called Squirrell!

Up.jpg

Oh no wait ... wrong story completely. His name was Quirrel.

Year1_4_zps8f8c4276.jpg

Anyway ... turns out he's got a bad guy's face grafted onto the back of his HEAD! And when he swivels his head around the whole room explodes into flames. This is definitely the Finale! And so me and Key select our characters and prepare to do Battle.

We draw our wands and run around like mentalists shooting the green head thingies ... this stuns him and then Harry has to touch him to stun him. Interesting ... it also seems that the done thing these days is to have to kill the bad guy MORE THAN ONCE! So yeah, Quirrel is back and we PewPew!! the green heads again and Harry goes and touches again and HURRAH! he is DEAD! and we are Victorious!!

Cue cut scene of happy friends and yay Harry and phew that was close ... shall we do it all again next year? Apart from someone in the cut scenes is not happy. Someone in the cut scenes is looking quite cross. They reach for their wand and go to zap Harry.

Hurried messages rush back and forth between me and Key- she is seeing it too! The weirdness is starting again. Just as the Character gets a clear shot of Harry he is spotted by one of the others who grabs his wrists. There is a look of shock on the other characters' faces - but then steely determination replaces it and they all take hold of a piece and pull hard. The lego blocks fall apart ... with a ginger hairdo rolling towards the front of the screen.

'No way!!' I say ... 'I know!!' says Key - 'That's just SO WRONG!'. But when we go and check the Available Characters another one is missing.

Basel Gill - George Weasley - Town - 2 x Follower/Tracker

Oh no wait ...

Basel Gill - George Weasley - Town: Converted to Mafia - 2 x Follower/Tracker - has been Lynched

It is now Night 3 - you have until 9pm Monday 12th August to submit any actions.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130812T21&p0=1320&msg=night+3+deadline&csz=1

Diagon Alley is now CLOSED

Has no wand dude, can't do it.

Well I also can't :/

Wait, wat? You've claimed to have used a Revelio earlier. And now you don't have a wand? That doesn't match up.

I never said I didn't have a wand :P And I used Revelio on the first Night and since then things have changed a bit.

Oooooh damn... Let's hope that convertion was a 1-shot from the mafia. Even more reason to not just blindly trust character claims, but look at play as a whole.

Yep. Looks like I was half right on Basel but wrong where it counted =S Don't think the recruit would have more than one shot. Would be hard to balance that I think.

Cloud, that's the risk of being a hammer vote and it is one I accepted.  I jumped on the Basel train because I knew he was going down with only 6 hours left and I knew we'd get some sort of information from his lynching.  Basel wanted everyone else to hesitate and not place that hammer vote because they feared looking scummy.   Anyone who placed that vote faced that risk.

So my question is, which of the two Basel listed as potential hammers is town and which one is scum?  

Archived