DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Blue Ajah Harry Potter Week ] *Game Over - Town Wins* Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 Mafia

Ithillian Turambar

How did I blame the newbies?   I asked a question.  

Unless your upgrade changed you to a mafia role (and, no, I'm not fishing for your character or role), I'm relatively convinced you are town (I'm not even sure if upgrading your character can change your alignment; that's a question for the mods, I guess.  I'd like to think alignment would stay the same, otherwise we'd be trying to hit a potentially constantly moving target.).

FWIW, lowest on my list of scum for now are you, Thorum and Cloud.  One of those I'm 100%  certain is town. 

Newbie-thing was basel, but you pinged for being the first to speculate on the lack of NK, also pingworthy. But Basel is way higher on my list than you are.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay I am caught up.. I have a few suspects and this game looks too well in hand. Honestly.

I have 4 pages of notes and I doubt they are White Tower friendly so Ill post those sometime tonight after a quick edit.

Harry Potter notes

Rhea - Goon

BG - Mafia Roleblocker

DPR - VT

Claims:

Turin - Sirius Black, town Cop (Verified name claim by Cloud/Mish)

Mish - Power up, Revelio on Turin (second to claim this), claims she fully upgraded

Cloud - Revelio on Turin

Hally - Revelio on DPR

Basel - Str Potion

Town:

Nicana

Mish

Cloud

RTE

Wombat

Dice

Daruya

Scum:

Thorum

Basel (Mish convinced me)

Hally

First 5 pages:

Cindy - Joking pushes on DPR and BG

Turin - Joke pushes on BG and DPR, jests to kill lurkers, puts a second vote on Nicana for not showing up within 24 hours of game start

Amarande - Odd RVS vote on Turin

Thorum announces that he will be gone and votes a mod in his first post..

6-10:

Mish is being too helpful, nvm is likely town

Turin over defends about the second vote, but makes good points in it, possible PR

Thorum gives a stupid response to Turin's defensive questions, but makes a good point in stating that Turin said that studs were a town advantage when town hasn't been told this.

DPR says turin is trying too hard to be pro-town and votes him.

Nicana points out that Turin's weak reasoning is why he deserves to be voted and is correct

If Turin is only voting Nicana to get her to check in then why does he want it recognized that his vote is still there after she arrives?

Dice pushes the Turin "too town" angle without voting there and WIFOM's it a bit

Basel again pushes the Too town angle very weakly and adds his vote to the Turin train, this smells off. 

DPR points out that the reveal was unnecessary

Thorum says it may be a fake claim, Turin would never reveal this early for real!

Thorum made a really odd post..

Basel is being his town self

Mish WIFOM's a mafia read on BG into becoming a null read***

Turin has some terrible logic here

11-15:

Rhea makes a good point that despite the claim NOBODY unvoted Turin.  Likely because the potential of fake claims is huge and thus nobody cares, but in a group of five at least one should be mafia (Amarande, Nicana, DPR, Kassidy, Basel

Thorum makes another good post..

Nicana is focusing on Turins claim, as are Mish and Rhea.  WTF

Thorum makes another scummy post talking about who could be in the game and likelihood

Nicana states that Turin is trying to shove his claim down our throats, makes more good points about why she is voting etc

Nicana is likely town

Kitty is being suspect as hell, keeps jokingly pushing things and questioning in a negative light

Amarande is annoying as hell and not helpful to town

Dice is second (after turin) to mention oddities in the DPR lynch but he also is suspect of Turin.  They can't be mafia together.  Looks to me like confused town atm

Turin claims cop

Mish claims to have bought something, second time she has hinted at it for no reason

Hally made another stupid and useless post.  I am going to severely start cracking down on her for this.

Thorum was around all morning and had nothing to add.

BG asks for someone to review the case on Rhea and says the point count numbers don't add up

BG pushes that Turin may have lied *** Likely to confirm Turin as Cop

RTE makes great case-points and uses solid logic, basically I agree with his analysis even if he has not posted enough

Cloud finds BG null and thinks it odd that Basel finds him scummy based on a single post

Kassidy is breaking my heart.

BG is pushing all angles with Turin, and related

Thorum still hasn't voted which looks terrible

Cindy is talking a lot and saying little, aka her mafia MO

Mish still makes good points

Thorum's first vote provides the hammer on Rhea and again doesn't give reasoning.  It is terribly bad as is the entire post around it in which he gossips about outside info

Cloud did the typically scummy cheer that follows mafia distancing protocol from a dead teammate, that said his other posts have been good enough to outweigh it by a good bit

DPR's date post with BG made me smile on the inside

Thorum makes a really strange post stating that he thinks he will be NK'd, another mafia tell

Cloud questions it immediately because he is a good person

DPR dies =(

Cloud verifies Turin's character claim!

Thorum WIFOM's it with the idea of it being polyjuiced

Turin says he was blocked

Wombat replaces Cindy out of nowhere, votes Dice

Thorum "Can't be active if nobody is online when he is" despite having 5-6 pages of new info each time.. BULLSHHHHHHHH---

It seems odd to me.

Mish's WoT.. honestly?  TL;DR.  (Sorry, I got stuff to do in my day girl) MUST READ LATER

Wombat already looks off to me.  He went back to his old style for no real reason and is pushing Dice but won't say why..

OMG the amount of NULL POSTING makes me want to take a long walk off a short pier

Okay, as I skimmed the Mish WoT I had to go back and just read it.  It was too good.  <3 She is awesome this game.

Oh look WoT13 exists.  Not much of a Wall of text besides "Sheep Mish"

Wombat gave some good points in his first legitimate post of the game.. but his reads were indecisive.  Looks like his scum play to me.  He wants more from Dice, Basel, BG, and Thorum..  BG was mafia and the other three are the most highly suspected in the game currently.

SHIZ I MADE IT TO PAGE 22 AND HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THE PAGES BROKE AT.  Okay...

22-26

Mish is wonderful as town and I like it.  I like it a lot. 

A lot.

I like it.

Amarande vote on Thorum was weak but so was her play to this point.

WHERE IS MY MENTEE?

I feel the evil of Wombat winning me over to a town read.. must resist.

He won.  Bloody hell.

Okay, keeping him as SLIGHT TOWN for now, because it could still go either way.  He is to clever for his own rodent good.

Bridmorgan dies when?

I will kill myself if I ever have to do this for more than 30 pages again.  Or maybe just won't read through

Basel tried to use Mish's gut against her.  /Amused

Dice is townie.

Thorum got prodded into activity and sucked up BIG TIME

Ithi made a scene post from Rita Skeeter that stated who all visited Turin, which was Cloud, Mish, and BG.  BG flipped RB and Turin claimed RB, Mish and Cloud already claimed what they did.  Thus this effectively confirmed Turin Mish and Cloud!!

THORUM IS MAFIA, his first post (which was instant despite him being "Unable to be on often" was to WIFOM the above info.

Lol BG tried to spin some big BS on the Turin is mafia numbers game. 

He lost.

Daruya softclaims Animagus, making him one of the four.. likely one of the three because to claim wormtongue would be suicide and with black already claimed he only has two chances and takes the risk of one being in this game.  Thus, he is town and my read on time doesn't dispute this.  Not a bad rookie error to have.

Also, when you post PJ my alcoholic heart thinks Purple Jesus, not Polyjuice.

27-33

Wombat questioning whether BG should be lynched or not because his claim "checks out" not really..

Turin, thank god you have that claim sir or you would be dead by now.

HOW ABOUT WE NOT FISH OUT RITA

Basel says he bought a Str potion..

HALLY PUT DOWN SUCH A BUS VOTE ON BG

It reminded me of something..

OH YEAH, THORUM ON RHEA

BRID hammer was meh.  No info on this character

LOL BASEL HAMMER WAS WORSE

I must look very angry right now, but MS word has no bold and I don't want to type out [/b*] for everything

WHERE
IS
MY
MENTEE
AAAAAHHHHHH

RAGERAGERAGERAGRARRRRFJKLGJIO:FJIOV JRE

She had comp issues.

*Wish Cloud and Dice were less scummy*

Mish is great again.

How did I blame the newbies?   I asked a question.  

Unless your upgrade changed you to a mafia role (and, no, I'm not fishing for your character or role), I'm relatively convinced you are town (I'm not even sure if upgrading your character can change your alignment; that's a question for the mods, I guess.  I'd like to think alignment would stay the same, otherwise we'd be trying to hit a potentially constantly moving target.).

FWIW, lowest on my list of scum for now are you, Thorum and Cloud.  One of those I'm 100%  certain is town. 

Newbie-thing was basel, but you pinged for being the first to speculate on the lack of NK, also pingworthy. But Basel is way higher on my list than you are.

Seriously?  Remind me not to speculate . . .  :rolleyes:  Oh, wait . . . that's the whole point of the game! LOL!

We had some help from Rita with Night 1 reporting and I'm curious if she will report again. Maybe she can shed some light on what happened last night and if/what night-time visits took place.  FWIW, my NA was to cast Revelio at someone; hence my 100% certainty of one of the people on my list.

Darthe, one of the people on your list is not scum, unless that person had already used polyjuice potion when I cast Revelio.  Although . . .I guess that is possible so maybe I shouldn't be a certain as I originally was . . . :unsure:  For some reason, I didn't even think of PJ potion when I posted earlier.

I do agree with you on Turin, Mish, Cloud, and myself though.

Mish, I don't see in the instructions that upgrading your character makes you lose your potions . . . So it kind of bugs me that you say that you lost your draughts when you upgraded your character.

Mods, is this a valid claim?

Darthe, one of the people on your list is not scum, unless that person had already used polyjuice potion when I cast Revelio.  Although . . .I guess that is possible so maybe I shouldn't be a certain as I originally was . . . :unsure:  For some reason, I didn't even think of PJ potion when I posted earlier.

I think there is a good chance that PJ was in the mix last night. Mish is saying that she didn't use any draughts last night. I bought a character boost on D2 and was given a shot to track or follow. I chose to follow Mish, and was told that she protected. Which leads me to think that someone out there was disguised as Mish.

And if it helps, I am George.

Um...when did I die?  Wish someone told me.

I don't think you did.

Yes, Darthe, I did view someone.  However, I forgot to take into account the possibility of PJ potion when I mentioned my certainty.  Granted, that doesn't mean that PJ was used on or by my "target" but it does cast a shadow of a doubt.  I don't know that it's enough of a doubt to move that person off the town list but I think we should look elsewhere first for scum.  

Darthe, I'm 95% confident that I like statistics. Not sure why Mish felt like claiming doc or whatever. Prob shoulda let the mafiaz think you didn't upgrade or whatever. Speaking of which, Basel's claim is rather imprudent as well, but BG flipping scum makes me feel a lot better about him as he first came to my attention with the whole "one of these guys is scum" thing. Got a lot of null reads right now. I agree with Darthe that Turin is infuriating.

Vote: Amarande

She's still playing right?

Darthe, I'm 95% confident that I like statistics. Not sure why Mish felt like claiming doc or whatever. Prob shoulda let the mafiaz think you didn't upgrade or whatever. Speaking of which, Basel's claim is rather imprudent as well, but BG flipping scum makes me feel a lot better about him as he first came to my attention with the whole "one of these guys is scum" thing. Got a lot of null reads right now. I agree with Darthe that Turin is infuriating.

BTW...Amarande is a guy

I think there is a good chance that PJ was in the mix last night. Mish is saying that she didn't use any draughts last night. I bought a character boost on D2 and was given a shot to track or follow. I chose to follow Mish, and was told that she protected. Which leads me to think that someone out there was disguised as Mish.

And if it helps, I am George.

Um...when did I die?  Wish someone told me.

I don't think you did.

well somewhere in Darthe's rant I did....thanks for letting me know I didn't Basel...I*g*

BTW...Amarande is a guy

This is why I hate playing mafia with people I don't know.

To quote the mod:

Despothera is a girls' name.

Mish, I don't see in the instructions that upgrading your character makes you lose your potions . . . So it kind of bugs me that you say that you lost your draughts when you upgraded your character.

Mods, is this a valid claim?

PAFO, sorry.

Official Vote Count

Basel - 1 (Cloud)

Amarande - 1 (Wombat)

Not Voting - 12 (Turin, Hallia, Basel, Darthe, Amarande, Mish, Bridmorgan, Time, Dice, Thorum, Nicana, RTE)

With 14 Alive it takes 8 to Lynch

Current End of Round Bonus = 200 Studs

Day Three Deadline is Sunday 11th August at 9pm BST - Deadline Extended due to Weekend.

http://www.timeandda... deadline&csz=1

Early on, Rhea seemed reluctant to name any names on who she thought was mafia.  That being said, she did vote for Basel initially as a joke vote, but later on said

But Basel or Basil, I think you are stinky right now. LOL...(sorry, I had to) I'm leaving my vote there until I hear more from you. 

Basel wasn't in any danger at the moment, I wonder if she posted this for distancing.

He has not only claimed town but he's tried to shove it down our throats.Anyone can claim town but I don't believe he is so my vote still stands. He's trying to hard to make us believe he is town even before anyone accused him other wise he was constantly posting he was town. Why are you questioning our vote on him when you yourself said you have trouble believing any claims? If you have trouble believing any claims then why are you so quick to believe his? You say our vote is scummy. I say not as scummy as that post. So do you have a hard time believing any claims or just the ones against Turin? Which is it?

Nicana pressured Rhea early on D1, and like Mish kept it up.  I'm leaning town on her.  She makes a good case later on bg as well.

Okay This is Cloud's post. The parts that draw my interest are in his discussion with Basel regarding his vote on me and also his accusation of BG. I trimmed most of the rest of it. For me there are two things that are jarring to me. First is Basel and his position that he lumped me and BG together and then used his "gut" to decide that I was the mafia. The bells I hear on that are very loud. In my experience mafia will frequently lump a mafia player and a town player together and then pick an ethereal reason to vote/pressure the townie. The bold statement from Basel was the second thing that troubled me. There is an awful lot of time until deadline at that point(so everyone tells me) and competing trains on D1 are a good thing to help gather information. It looks like he just hopped on board the biggest train. Which is why I said he was following previously. Now in reading this right now I look at the underlined section of Cloud's response where all he does is defend BG by saying why is Basel even considering BG? The statements were both regarding Thorum saying he didn't want the town to get those bonus studs. A statement retracted claiming miscomprehension later. 

Rhea is definitely laying on a little thick here. There I inconsistency in the first two lines as well. You have NO scum reads on Day 1 then maybe 1 or 2. I must be abnormal because I have a long list of possible scum. Too many. Here is mine in no particular order with blurb reasons

You made a really good point here with Basel.

TL;DR Version plus important parts.

I believe Turin. The "alignment" part of the claim doesn't sound like a fake claim. 

Rhea did defend Turin a bit, but that doesn't seem teh end of the world to me as I believe Turin as well. Everyone seems to be voting Rhea based on that. Town and mafia can defend the same. Either town believes and defends or mafia buddies and defends. Didn't see anything downright suspicious about it. Rhea's Unvote post on the other hand feels wrong. If I were to vote her, it would be based on that backtracking apology post more than anything. But at this point it feels like opportunistic train from Turin moving to Rhea.

Character claims are important because it creates an opportunity for mafia to miss a claim. If there are no counter claims, it means nothing really.

Basel's been all over the place. 
Cindy spammed and then disappeared.   Replaced by the Wombat.  Unsure for now.
Kassidy likes to remind us she exists now and then.  Town read on her for now.
Nicana is pretty fiery for a first timer.    Town read on her for now as well.
Thorum I'm suspicious of. After initially doing some weird stuff has gone under the radar. That seems off.

Mish and DPR are pushing really hard on Turin and Rhea. I feel that Mish was poking Turin hard to see what would happen to decide if scummy or not, and now genuinely belives Rhea to be scum. I have a slight town read as she seems to have told the truth.

DPR on the other hand seems to rip into whatever Turin says no matter how logical it is. I think DPR is using Mish as a spring board to propel a lynch on Turin or Rhea linking them together. 

Vote DPR

Basel and Thorum are the two I am most suspicous of at the moment.

9. I'm not picking on Kassidy because its her first game, there are plenty of other first gamers in this game giving thoughts and reactions. I only really remember 2 posts of Kass's because they were uber-short and actually kind of confusing given the current situations. Just because its a first game doesn't mean 5 sentence posts are all that acceptable.

I was initially suspicious of Kassidy, but with BG giving this criticism, I think if she were mafia, he would've defended her little more.  (Now she's Darthe, so I guess that doesn't matter as much.)

Oh hey, look. Thor hammers. Cool.

Still suspicious of Thor; the way he tries to sound indignant here leads me to believe it could've easily been a scum hammer.

I'm leaving for the day. So I don't forget to follow up : unvote and vote bg .

And Thorum throws his vote on bg towards the end of the day, when it was pretty obvious bg would be lynched for his RB on Turin.

1.Turin - Town 
2. Hallia - Town

4. Basel - Leaning Scum
5. Kassidy *Mentored by Darthe* - Mixed, leaning town
6. Amarande - Null
7. Cindy Mentored and replaced by Wombat - Mixed
8. Mish – Town the way she went after Rhea early on and kept pushing on her
10. Bridmorgan *Mentored by Berf* - Unsure
11. Time Replaced by Daruya - Leaning town
12. Dice - Unsure
13. Thorum – Hopped on the BG train post-Rita - Scum
14. Nicana *Mentored by Dap* - Town, pressured Rhea and BG early on.
15. Cloud - Leaning Town
16. RTE - Unsure

Vote Thorum

I know who has the character of Ginny Weasley. I will not out that person unless they are in lynch danger.

vote Basel

I have a hunch also there have been some things that I noticed earlier.

Good to know that some find me annoying.

Morning Ithimod :wub:

Basel you said your boost gave you two chances to either follow or track. Is that right? Also why say what mish did? I am not finding a town reason for that at this time.

Official Vote Count

Basel - 2 (Cloud, Turin)

Amarande - 1 (Wombat)

Thorum - 1 (Hallia)

Not Voting - 10 (Basel, Darthe, Amarande, Mish, Bridmorgan, Time, Dice, Thorum, Nicana, RTE)

With 14 Alive it takes 8 to Lynch

Current End of Round Bonus = 400 Studs

Day Three Deadline is Sunday 11th August at 9pm BST - Deadline Extended due to Weekend.

http://www.timeandda... deadline&csz=1

Archived