DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Despothera's House of the Undead Mafia! Game over! Town wins!!!!!

hazelkrs1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That him DEFENDING me ... Not buddying.

There is a difference yes?

Buddy is just being nice happy friendly cuddles - Defending is saying blah blah I think Ithi is right because of XYZ and you should all leave her alone because I know her bestest of all!!!

Make sense?

This is bollocks btw. You know very well what buddying means in the context of mafia. File this under Semantic Obfuscation. FoS.

Complain during day and do work during night.  Its a pain to do reads on the phone.

Ithi - Some odd comments from her and semantic things that I don't agree with (how can you be anything other than sloppy if you are willing to tunnel people without ever rereading?) but that doesn't make her mafia.

I have her and Turin as town thus far.

Same rules as my last list.

Wombat looks town too.

Ed looks mafia. I already stated why.

Yates I am suspect of.  The bastard just isn't trustworthy, ya know?

I like Tiink.

I say that we lynch Hally if she doesn't actually provide INFO this game as opposed to her usual posting of.. stuff in general.

General Observation time about others in the game.

From what I have seen of Berf, he seems very cautious in this game and not trying to put any direct suspicion on anybody.

Can't say much about mish, bgrishinko, RTE and dicetosser so far.

Tinker has only two posts and one of them is a vote. No reasoning for that either.

Complain during day and do work during night. Its a pain to do reads on the phone.

Ithi - Some odd comments from her and semantic things that I don't agree with (how can you be anything other than sloppy if you are willing to tunnel people without ever rereading?) but that doesn't make her mafia.

lol. I seem to do alright quite a lot of the time. I have a pretty good short term memory information dump thing going on - like when you revise for exams. Then once the game ends I just let it go.

^^^^  people seem to be trying to get you lynched over such a minor thing Ley.

Wombat this is the most aggressive I have seen you.

Ithi and Turin feel off .

Right now I think Ley is town  just bumbling a bit. Turin I think is town but I do want to watch Ithi. She's where that difference lies i think

Maw bringing up third party is weird . 

not sure which way im leaning yet

That's only until something bigger pops up. What I said was just the first thing that made people talk about game-related things, but there's a lot more now. I mean, the last pages nearly noone is still talking about it.

All based around the idea that you can already say someone is not on his meta after he has made one post. I disagree with that idea. Which means your vote is based on nothing but thin air.

YOU are the one saying that Turin is not on his meta. Try looking in the mirror before you say people can't do it.

Did he say that? I don't remember him saying that. I thought he said that I said that - and he thought it was odd but I'm usually right about things.

You did say it. But he felt a need to reiterate it after you said it. The way he said it, he was using what you originally said to back up his vote.

Also, as you said, Ithi, Turin doesn't say hello and doesn't mention the vote. That plus the yolo makes it pretty clear.

He uses what you said in his reasoning quite prominently. I think this counts as him saying it.

He said that was a Joke ... do you think he was actually being serious?

He said it was a joke. I don't feel that it was really a joke, just that he was trying to pass it off as one by sticking that bit about YOLO on the end. I still feel that Ley's real intent here was to get people suspicious of Turin while disguising it as a joke vote.

Basel - claiming someone said something, when they already said it was a joke.

So are you then saying that if he says something, that makes it true? All it takes for you to believe it was a joke is for him to say that it was? Do you normally believe whatever people say on a mafia game thread, and assume they are being forthright and truthful with you?

How long does it take before you think it might not be possible to say if someone is on his meta if he's only made ONE post?

Hey all just a heads up. I was athe lake over the weekend. Came home Sunday and got called into work due to a major storm that hit while I was gone. Working 16 hour days restoring power. Should be back to normal tonight or tomorrow. I'll catch up then.

32000 customers without power. For all but 200 back on at this time. Very tired.

Maw and Ley distancing?

How is me saying I don't have a read on him distancing? I never have.

I think that Basel is doing a good job at scum hunting right now and feels town to me. I think that the talk of Wombat's meta was unjustified as people can change drastically from what you are used to game by game so it doesn't really prove anything when it is hugely different. Meta is best used when someone who has a strong stance against a certain type of action as scummy play makes that same move in another game. In any case, I think the arguement with you and Ithi went on longer than what felt natural. So it peaked my interest.

Similarly, people calling Turin out based on meta are equally suspect to me. I need to double check, maybe I missed it in catching up, but I don't see Ithi using her normal "I have a blind eye to Turin" talk as much as she normally does during the first day or two.

Bold: my take was that trying to self gloss his meta was what looked odd. Especially when my opinion of his normal play style was diametrically opposed to the stance he took. the combination was jarring to me.

I don't know what to make of the back and forth with Wombat and Ithi. I do know that one way to get Ithi's attention is to question her motives as she will not back down. What wombat's motivation there is uncertain. She was after Ley then and has since moved on to Maw so I guess it is possibly distraction to protect Ley. Seems like too easy an answer however.

Underlined: she has definitely not taken the "blind eye to Turin" stance so far. In fact she has come out and stated the opposite IIRC. The early vote was out of character but it could have been a trap to get the game kicked off as she included a zombie softclaim in there. It was just so strange that I chose to ignore it until I could see where she was going. Since that she has gone back to her normal self for the most part so I am leaning towards it being a ploy to get right to playing.

Same here. Actually voted Turin mostly because I knew it would get the game rolling, and while it always means you catch some flak, noone gets lynched over such a minor thing.

So here are my thoughts so far:

Ithi: Nothing really off about her play so far. Null read with a town lean

Turin: I don't think his gameplay is necessarily off but there has been more emphasis than usual on his interaction/relationship with Ithi. Otherwise normal play.

Maw: haven't played with him in a while so harder to get a read. It's not too far a stretch to imagine that there may be third party players but his timing and purpose of bringing it up is interesting.

Wombat: again haven't played with him in a long time if at all. Feel people are getting really hung up on his meta for the most part. Otherwise I think he's town and has played as such.

Darthe is being Darthe. Not sure what Ed is doing. Null reads on Berf et al. Pralaya is new but is posting well. Interesting. Will keep an eye on that.

Finally...

Ley: see part that I bolded above from his post. So for a little while I felt like his shoddy reasoning was being blown a bit out of proportion. I've seen numerous occasions where a townie did something that was scummy enough to make them look bad and their hole gets deeper and deeper. I thought this was the case here as well. But then he posted the bolded. He keeps changing his reasoning for his Turin vote and that bothers me. A lot. If not for the last post I probably would have maintained my belief that he was just a townie playing poorly but the fact that he is still explaining that vote, and in different terms, looks really scummy to me.

Therefore Vote Ley

I'm still suspicious of the Maw/Ley interactions as well. I'm going to keep an eye on that.

less then 20 posts ago you brought it up. now you make light of it

vote ley

In your last post you called me town, and now you vote me?

Has the mafia decided to lynch me day one?

Vote Dice

Maw and Ley distancing?

How is me saying I don't have a read on him distancing? I never have.

I think that Basel is doing a good job at scum hunting right now and feels town to me. I think that the talk of Wombat's meta was unjustified as people can change drastically from what you are used to game by game so it doesn't really prove anything when it is hugely different. Meta is best used when someone who has a strong stance against a certain type of action as scummy play makes that same move in another game. In any case, I think the arguement with you and Ithi went on longer than what felt natural. So it peaked my interest.

Similarly, people calling Turin out based on meta are equally suspect to me. I need to double check, maybe I missed it in catching up, but I don't see Ithi using her normal "I have a blind eye to Turin" talk as much as she normally does during the first day or two.

Bold: my take was that trying to self gloss his meta was what looked odd. Especially when my opinion of his normal play style was diametrically opposed to the stance he took. the combination was jarring to me.

I don't know what to make of the back and forth with Wombat and Ithi. I do know that one way to get Ithi's attention is to question her motives as she will not back down. What wombat's motivation there is uncertain. She was after Ley then and has since moved on to Maw so I guess it is possibly distraction to protect Ley. Seems like too easy an answer however.

Underlined: she has definitely not taken the "blind eye to Turin" stance so far. In fact she has come out and stated the opposite IIRC. The early vote was out of character but it could have been a trap to get the game kicked off as she included a zombie softclaim in there. It was just so strange that I chose to ignore it until I could see where she was going. Since that she has gone back to her normal self for the most part so I am leaning towards it being a ploy to get right to playing.

Same here. Actually voted Turin mostly because I knew it would get the game rolling, and while it always means you catch some flak, noone gets lynched over such a minor thing.

So here are my thoughts so far:

Ithi: Nothing really off about her play so far. Null read with a town lean

Turin: I don't think his gameplay is necessarily off but there has been more emphasis than usual on his interaction/relationship with Ithi. Otherwise normal play.

Maw: haven't played with him in a while so harder to get a read. It's not too far a stretch to imagine that there may be third party players but his timing and purpose of bringing it up is interesting.

Wombat: again haven't played with him in a long time if at all. Feel people are getting really hung up on his meta for the most part. Otherwise I think he's town and has played as such.

Darthe is being Darthe. Not sure what Ed is doing. Null reads on Berf et al. Pralaya is new but is posting well. Interesting. Will keep an eye on that.

Finally...

Ley: see part that I bolded above from his post. So for a little while I felt like his shoddy reasoning was being blown a bit out of proportion. I've seen numerous occasions where a townie did something that was scummy enough to make them look bad and their hole gets deeper and deeper. I thought this was the case here as well. But then he posted the bolded. He keeps changing his reasoning for his Turin vote and that bothers me. A lot. If not for the last post I probably would have maintained my belief that he was just a townie playing poorly but the fact that he is still explaining that vote, and in different terms, looks really scummy to me.

Therefore Vote Ley

I'm still suspicious of the Maw/Ley interactions as well. I'm going to keep an eye on that.

So... I said that I felt like the "reasons" I mentioned should, to everyone, be non-reasons. They turned out not to be that for everyone.

Later, I added that I wanted to get the game started that way. Have you ever seen what happens when people immediately say that? They get 3-4 votes just for saying that, as it seems as heavy backpedalling.

Official Vote Count:

With 19 alive, 10 votes are needed for a lynch

Ley: Maw, Turin, Basel, Ley, RTE (5)
Turin: Wombat, Cloud, Tink (3)
Ed: Darthe, Yates (2)
Darthe: Hallia (1)
Berf: Ed (1)
Maw: Ithi (1)
Dice: Ley (1)

Not Voting: Peace, Mish, Berf, Rorschach (Pralaya), BG (6)

Day 1 deadline here

Hey all just a heads up. I was athe lake over the weekend. Came home Sunday and got called into work due to a major storm that hit while I was gone. Working 16 hour days restoring power. Should be back to normal tonight or tomorrow. I'll catch up then.

32000 customers without power. For all but 200 back on at this time. Very tired.

Np, thanks for letting me know. I'll keep your spot warm for you (i.e. I'm going to be farting in your chair)

Also, why not work a job that has actual meaning and effect on the world? Restoring power for people who lost it in crisis conditions... must feel so underwhelming after a day at work.

:tongue:

Correct Praya. I am playing cautious and not wanting to vote the wrong person. I am not generally a vote-happy person until I have my reasons.

And this just looks like a jumbled mess of town piling onto town because MAFIA!

Well, my concern was not about votes but I see an absence of any suspicion reads from you. I agree that the town has been a bit chaotic and dominated by 3-4 persons so far, but still it is odd. Especially when you dismissed it all off with this post

Can I just call out general FoS on all players and be done for D1?

Yates I am suspect of.  The bastard just isn't trustworthy, ya know?

YOU are the one that kept assigning me scum roles, MFer!!  :dry:

Also, stop parroting me when you vote.  Skeeves me out a bit.  It's like when that dude with really bad breath is standing way too close and looking over your shoulder.  *shudder*

Archived