DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Despothera's House of the Undead Mafia! Game over! Town wins!!!!!

hazelkrs1

Attention, special announcement: Darthe is, unfortunately for him, not more special than everyone else. That is all.

I deny your logic and replace it with my own. Also, an LD measures truth. This is a measure f what the mod agrees with and is thus a measure of opinion.

It was also random as all hell :smile:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attention, special announcement: Darthe is, unfortunately for him, not more special than everyone else. That is all.

I deny your logic and replace it with my own. Also, an LD measures truth. This is a measure f what the mod agrees with and is thus a measure of opinion.

I disagree with literally every part of this post. Also your face.

:tongue:

I disagree with literally every part of this post. Also your face.

:tongue:

5 BT points to Des for the epic putdown.

The first thing that caught my eye, and continued to be a big topic of discussion is over ley's joke vote.

It's called a joke vote.

I've seen this happen in several games he's been in, where a joke vote of his has been blown up bigger than it was, it didn't strike me as overly scummy.

1. I didn't withdraw anything. What she did was suspicious. It still is. Her posting of reads mitigates my suspicion but does not wipe it out.

2. I've seen you buddy Ithi a lot, but not this much. Even Ithi commented on it.

3. You just used the exact same type of defense that you criticized me for using. That is a contradiction between your criticism of others and your own behavior. That's called hypocrisy.

4. It is totally logically valid to turn your argument on you in order to prove my case. It's called proof by contradiction.

Turin Premise 1: Self-meta is always scummy.
Turin Premise 2: Turin is not scummy.
Fact: Turin used self-meta.
Conclusion: Turin is scummy.

Contradiction between conclusion and premises. Therefore, at least one premise is false. QED.

5. Re: buzzwords: If the shoe fits...

This argument is actually pretty good, I like it, s'got style.

Darthes not being overly scummy, and Ithi is on par for me, I think they're both town for now.

Update.  Still working this outages.  Been getting about 4-5 hours a sleep then back to work each day.  Hopefully it tapers off and I can get out of here with a 12 hour shift instead of 16.  If so, I will catch up on thread tomorrow before work.

Official Vote Count:

With 19 alive, 10 votes are needed for a lynch

Ley: Maw, Turin, Basel, Ley, RTE, Mish (6)

Maw: Ithi, Cloud (2)

Turin: Tink (1)

Ed: Darthe, Yates (2)

Darthe: Hallia (1)

Berf: Ed (1)

Dice: Ley (1)

Cloud: Wombat (1)

Not Voting: Peace, Berf, Rorschach (Pralaya), BG (5)

Day 1 deadline here

I never voted myself.

How about everyone calms down, clams up, and vote Ithi?

How about you provide reasons for that?

Good job with the following cloud. Keep up the sheeping.

Sorry for the lack of postage today. I'm suffering from a slight case of brain-deadness. Work was highly meh.

And Maw too. I think he is trying to lay low after his unfortunate '3rd party' mention got him some attention lol. Little nudge at Cloud and then explains his non posting. Who is Maw voting for? Probably should have checked first but I spotted this and it caught my attention.

Good job with the following cloud. Keep up the sheeping.

Sorry for the lack of postage today. I'm suffering from a slight case of brain-deadness. Work was highly meh.

And Maw too. I think he is trying to lay low after his unfortunate '3rd party' mention got him some attention lol. Little nudge at Cloud and then explains his non posting. Who is Maw voting for? Probably should have checked first but I spotted this and it caught my attention.

Maw is still voting for me because he believes I'm third party. You're making a good point here. I'm not entirely convinced yet though. For now Dice's total lack of a reason to pile on my train is the most scummy play in my opinion.

Ahhh there we go. He is still voting for Ley ... which he said was a joke vote - but then became an ok vote because he thinks that Ley is 3rd party. Cloud is a sheep because he is voting for Maw - so that's a nudge back because Cloud voting him and not anything very useful.

I know I was a bit busy yesterday - and may have gotten a little lost in an epic game of Civ IV - but why has no-one else not realised that Maw's reasoning for keeping his vote on Ley is made up rubbish? If he had said something about the 'not wanting to look bad' or any of the other reasons I could have excused it - but he thought that Ley might be 3rd party - when a Town would surely just say that they thought that Ley was Mafia

Come on now.

Ahhh there we go. He is still voting for Ley ... which he said was a joke vote - but then became an ok vote because he thinks that Ley is 3rd party. Cloud is a sheep because he is voting for Maw - so that's a nudge back because Cloud voting him and not anything very useful.

I know I was a bit busy yesterday - and may have gotten a little lost in an epic game of Civ IV - but why has no-one else not realised that Maw's reasoning for keeping his vote on Ley is made up rubbish? If he had said something about the 'not wanting to look bad' or any of the other reasons I could have excused it - but he thought that Ley might be 3rd party - when a Town would surely just say that they thought that Ley was Mafia

Come on now.

Do you have mods for Civ 4? Because I like the game, but it's just far too small and not balanced, and I have some GREAT mods for Civ 4 - Colonization.

unvote vote Maw

I refuse to red anymore.

Also I vote that we should have a [v][/v] vote button or code.

Do it for real if you mean it.

I'm going back to find more Maw Posts - it might take a while. He has also tried to introduce the idea of a Jester being in the Game. That is un-necessary and I think he just said it to create confusion and doubt.

Come on now.

Do you have mods for Civ 4? Because I like the game, but it's just far too small and not balanced, and I have some GREAT mods for Civ 4 - Colonization.

Don't distract lol. I haven't played the Colonisation version yet. I don't want to appear rude but I don't want this to turn into a Civ IV discussion. It's just something I play with friends.

Come on now.

Don't distract lol. I haven't played the Colonisation version yet. I don't want to appear rude but I don't want this to turn into a Civ IV discussion. It's just something I play with friends.

Yeah sorry. Won't ask you about it in this thread anymore. Only if it happens to pop up somewhere else.

@Maw: Could you please explain why you are still voting me?

Ok - here are the rest of Maw's posts.

I'm here. The party can now begin.

Vote Ley of course.

I've been wanting to see world war z, it seems pretty cool. Have you played The Last of Us? I've been hearing really really good things about it.

Okay, if everyone really thinks I should unvote after stating it's a joke vote, here you go. But don't say it's "giving in to the pressure", because you would otherwise have said that either way.

Unvote

The problem arises when you state its a joke vote, but make no move to remove it as a train forms. This implies that you do in fact want him lynched and have an 'i want someone dead i don't care who' attitude.

BG, Berf, and Turin are town.

That's very interesting darthe. Why?

I feel that I should mention, since joke votes are in the spotlight, that my vote on Ley was originally a joke, but I now feel justified in leaving it there.

I'm unsure what to think about the whole Turin ithi thing. Ithi is right about Turin's behavior being a bit abnormal. It could be something, it could be nothing. However Ley is acting very third party IMO. I think we should look at him first and Turin later.

Random thought: can a jester win through being modkilled? Probly not but it would be funny.

Anyway, on third parties: I hate them. A lot. They keep surviving to endgame and then screwing everything up. When I think I see one, I want them dead. And I've seen Ley in the role often enough to start to identify when he is one.

So he starts with a joke vote on Ley. Then he tells Ley of for not removing HIS joke vote when a train starts to form ... and saying that makes him look a bit like he doesn't care as long as someone dies. Funny - 'cos that's kind of what he did with his vote on Ley lol.

He is interested in who Darthe thinks is Town and asks a nice non-commital question.

Then he remembers that he called Ley out for sitting on a Joke Vote after a Tran forms and realises that he is actually sitting at the head of the Ley Train. Does he use ALL the possibilities mentioned by other people voting for Leyrann and say - yeah, he is scrambling a bit and doesn't want to be seen as bad. It may have been a joke vote but I agree that he does look a bit Mafia. NO. He doesn't say that - he says that Leyrann looks like he is 3rd party. I believe that a Town would say someone that they suspected was Mafia - so I think Maw is Mafia because he instead brought up this weird 3rd party thing.

The he also introduces a bit more confusion and wifom with his Jester comment ... and again tries to explain that he thinks that Ley is 3rd party because he has seen him in a 3rd Party Role lots. Again ... not just suspecting someone of being Mafia at this early stage of the Game is really off.

And then he vanishes ... until Cloud also votes for him (Darthe may have tried to vote but is being difficult perhaps ... well done there - how's that working for you?) and nudge attacks Cloud and then gives an explanation why he hasn't posted.

He stayed RIGHT away from nudgingor doubting me ... probably didn't want be to go all 'Eye of Sauron' on him if he flinched.

So. Maw is Mafia. Vote him.

Official Vote Count:

With 19 alive, 10 votes are needed for a lynch

Ley: Maw, Turin, Basel, Dice, RTE, Mish (6)

Maw: Ithi, Cloud (2)

Turin: Tink, Wombat (2)

Ed: Darthe, Yates (2)

Darthe: Hallia (1)

Berf: Ed (1)

Dice: Ley (1)

Not Voting: Peace, Berf, Rorschach (Pralaya), BG (5)

Day 1 deadline here

You make some good points Ithi. I'll wait for Maw to come online and explain his actions. If that doesn't satisfy me, I'll switch. I still feel like Dice's action was really off too though.

He's already explained them. I quoted his explanations above. What else do you think he might say that would convince you that he is Town?

Also ... what did Dice do? I must have missed that lol

Archived