DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Despothera's House of the Undead Mafia! Game over! Town wins!!!!!

hazelkrs1

Nice OMGUS on Dice there, Ley...

I agree a bit with RTE; your story keeps changing, and not only that, but you keep saying "oh yeah I expected to get flak for that, every townie do when doing something like that, no biggie". Smells like mafia trying to hide behind being good townie getting the game going.

Vote Ley

Hey! Leys vote was good and all, but Mish had one of the most opportunistic votes of all time. I'm a genius.

Darthe, on 28 Jul 2013 - 4:41 PM, said:

BG, Berf, and Turin are town.

This is just classic Darthe. I wouldn’t look much into this as there had only been a few pages for him to analyze and establish these reads, and like anyone else Darthe can easily be wrong. It seems to me that he just threw the statement out there to gather some reactions.

I said this because I meant it. People undervalue their words and they take the early game easily. In that lax moment I can more easily profile , thus I quickly have accurate reads. I can give examples from precious games if you'd like? I don't think you need me to though :p

Here's another for you: You had a great point on Maw. You're likely town, Maw and Mish are likely mafia together, Basel is a good choice for third.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/83718-despotheras-house-of-the-undead-mafia-day-1/page-14?do=findComment&comment=2990593

skimming Tiink?  If you have no idea what Im talking about how do I look like scum?

And yes Ley I would call that an OMGUS too. I had in fact been willing to give you the benefit of the doubt but the last post before I voted you lost you that benefit.

You could at least have worded your thoughts in an understandable way when voting me. Because what I got from your post was "adfkjgasfigonaklsgniohankg and therefore Ley is scum vote Ley".

Random thought: can a jester win through being modkilled? Probly not but it would be funny.

Anyway, on third parties: I hate them. A lot. They keep surviving to endgame and then screwing everything up. When I think I see one, I want them dead. And I've seen Ley in the role often enough to start to identify when he is one.

I think I remember Ley responding to this that he has only been a third party once, so then this meta read from Maw wouldn't make any sense. Either way, I still find your focus on a potential third party odd.

Yates!

I would have voted you had I known you were here.

:wub:

@ Yates ... what is a RVS Vote? And I'm not linked to Turin ... I am suspicious and curious with regards to him.

RVS = "Random Vote Stage" - it typically encompasses the first few votes that are based on nothing but sheer randomness until the game actually starts and someone places a vote for a reason. Your "RVS" vote was for a reason. Thus, you linked yourselves.

Random thought: can a jester win through being modkilled?

Are you seriously claiming jester right now? Is that why you are bringing up 3rd parties?  :blink:

So let me get this straight: we have a scum claim by Ed? We have a jester claim by Maw? Turin, Ley, AND Ithillian are fighting about RVS votes? And Basel is fabricating a case by putting words in people's mouths? Is this what's happening in this game right now? Really?

icon_facepalm.gif

I'm going to need a bigger gun.

And more bullets.

LOL yeah pretty much...

Maw and Ley distancing?

How is me saying I don't have a read on him distancing? I never have.

I think that Basel is doing a good job at scum hunting right now and feels town to me. I think that the talk of Wombat's meta was unjustified as people can change drastically from what you are used to game by game so it doesn't really prove anything when it is hugely different. Meta is best used when someone who has a strong stance against a certain type of action as scummy play makes that same move in another game. In any case, I think the arguement with you and Ithi went on longer than what felt natural. So it peaked my interest.

Similarly, people calling Turin out based on meta are equally suspect to me. I need to double check, maybe I missed it in catching up, but I don't see Ithi using her normal "I have a blind eye to Turin" talk as much as she normally does during the first day or two.

Bold: my take was that trying to self gloss his meta was what looked odd. Especially when my opinion of his normal play style was diametrically opposed to the stance he took. the combination was jarring to me.

I don't know what to make of the back and forth with Wombat and Ithi. I do know that one way to get Ithi's attention is to question her motives as she will not back down. What wombat's motivation there is uncertain. She was after Ley then and has since moved on to Maw so I guess it is possibly distraction to protect Ley. Seems like too easy an answer however.

Underlined: she has definitely not taken the "blind eye to Turin" stance so far. In fact she has come out and stated the opposite IIRC. The early vote was out of character but it could have been a trap to get the game kicked off as she included a zombie softclaim in there. It was just so strange that I chose to ignore it until I could see where she was going. Since that she has gone back to her normal self for the most part so I am leaning towards it being a ploy to get right to playing.

Same here. Actually voted Turin mostly because I knew it would get the game rolling, and while it always means you catch some flak, noone gets lynched over such a minor thing.

So here are my thoughts so far:

Ithi: Nothing really off about her play so far. Null read with a town lean

Turin: I don't think his gameplay is necessarily off but there has been more emphasis than usual on his interaction/relationship with Ithi. Otherwise normal play.

Maw: haven't played with him in a while so harder to get a read. It's not too far a stretch to imagine that there may be third party players but his timing and purpose of bringing it up is interesting.

Wombat: again haven't played with him in a long time if at all. Feel people are getting really hung up on his meta for the most part. Otherwise I think he's town and has played as such.

Darthe is being Darthe. Not sure what Ed is doing. Null reads on Berf et al. Pralaya is new but is posting well. Interesting. Will keep an eye on that.

Finally...

Ley: see part that I bolded above from his post. So for a little while I felt like his shoddy reasoning was being blown a bit out of proportion. I've seen numerous occasions where a townie did something that was scummy enough to make them look bad and their hole gets deeper and deeper. I thought this was the case here as well. But then he posted the bolded. He keeps changing his reasoning for his Turin vote and that bothers me. A lot. If not for the last post I probably would have maintained my belief that he was just a townie playing poorly but the fact that he is still explaining that vote, and in different terms, looks really scummy to me.

Therefore Vote Ley 

I like RTE's post about Ley and how he basically explains that his story keeps changing. I also find it odd that Ley appears so worried about his own potential lynch.

I agree a bit with RTE; your story keeps changing, and not only that, but you keep saying "oh yeah I expected to get flak for that, every townie do when doing something like that, no biggie". Smells like mafia trying to hide behind being good townie getting the game going.

Vote Ley

I actually don't find an OMGUS to be a scumtell. I usually just call people out for their OMGUS when I want to find an easy way to pressure them some more and watch how they react.

Dice's vote on Ley was really weird imo, so Ley's vote on Dice makes sense to me.

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/83718-despotheras-house-of-the-undead-mafia-day-1/page-14?do=findComment&comment=2990593

skimming Tiink?  If you have no idea what Im talking about how do I look like scum?

And yes Ley I would call that an OMGUS too. I had in fact been willing to give you the benefit of the doubt but the last post before I voted you lost you that benefit.

For some reason I find Dice's reasoning for finding Ley scummy really weak.

Vote Ley

Hey! Leys vote was good and all, but Mish had one of the most opportunistic votes of all time. I'm a genius.

Darthe, on 28 Jul 2013 - 4:41 PM, said:

BG, Berf, and Turin are town.

This is just classic Darthe. I wouldn’t look much into this as there had only been a few pages for him to analyze and establish these reads, and like anyone else Darthe can easily be wrong. It seems to me that he just threw the statement out there to gather some reactions.

I said this because I meant it. People undervalue their words and they take the early game easily. In that lax moment I can more easily profile , thus I quickly have accurate reads. I can give examples from precious games if you'd like? I don't think you need me to though :p

Here's another for you: You had a great point on Maw. You're likely town, Maw and Mish are likely mafia together, Basel is a good choice for third.

I can see the point you are making against Mish's vote on Ley. I think she had more than enough time to be suspicious of Ley, but she only choose to vote for him after reading RTE's case on him which she basically copy pasted. Having said that, I can never read her in mafia games >.>

I guess your early profiling makes sense now that you have finally explained it :P Why do you think Maw and Mish are mafa teammates? I didn't seem to find anything connecting the two of them.

I'm worried about my own lynch because I hate dying. Is it that weird?

Also what is it with bonded people always being unable to read each other? I mean, I have the problem myself too, but I feel like everyone else also has the problem.

unvote vote Maw

I refuse to red anymore.

Also I vote that we should have a [v][/v] vote button or code.

And why don't you red? Because you don't want your vote to count, and to make people think you switched it while that's not the case?

I will follow Darthe on this one. 

Unvote, Vote Maw

I think I would have voted for Ley if not for Dice's vote on him that didn't make any kind of sense to me.

I'm worried about my own lynch because I hate dying. Is it that weird?

Also what is it with bonded people always being unable to read each other? I mean, I have the problem myself too, but I feel like everyone else also has the problem.

Mafia isn't about surviving, it's about helping your team win. 

Yeah I have noticed that other people have the same problem as well. I tend to always have a town read on Mish, while she doesn't trust me at all in mafia. I wonder what I ever did to earn such mistrust :laugh: I think that when two people know each other extremely well it get's more challenging to play mafia together because you know how to play each other, and it's very easy to be biased about something.

You are going to "follow" Darthe when the whole reason he's voting Maw is because of a point you made?  Sounds like you're trying to disown your own case here, Cloud.

Also, seeing as Darthe hasn't done diddly-squat to demonstrate that he's town, I don't see why, as town, you would be so comfortable sheeping him.

Finally, because Darthe has done nothing to demonstrate townieness, I will not be lifting my suspicion of Turin just because of some nebulous towntell he claims to have picked up on.

unvote

Vote: Cloud

You are going to "follow" Darthe when the whole reason he's voting Maw is because of a point you made?  Sounds like you're trying to disown your own case here, Cloud.

Also, seeing as Darthe hasn't done diddly-squat to demonstrate that he's town, I don't see why, as town, you would be so comfortable sheeping him.

Finally, because Darthe has done nothing to demonstrate townieness, I will not be lifting my suspicion of Turin just because of some nebulous towntell he claims to have picked up on.

unvote

You may have noticed that I have been FoSing a lot of people during my catch up, one of which was indeed Maw. I'm however not as sold on him being scum as Darthe is because he isn't the only one I find to be suspicious.. I however can't lynch five people at once, so I will follow Darthe on this one because so far I also like his other other reads. Nobody has been able to demonstrate that they are town yet because it's only the start of Day 1. We need to have deaths or investigative results to have more solid reads on people.

I find it amusing that you are so quick with switching your vote to me after saying that you aren't willing to lift your suspicion of Turin.

Have I done anything that indicates that I am mafia?

I just find that line of reasoning odd from the player infamous for voting without saying anything else.

I'm getting a slight scum read on you.  Even if I weren't, I don't see why you should expect me to take one of my top suspects off my list just because you claim he towntold.

I don't see what my unexplained votes have to do with this.  You know exactly why I do them.

I guess it is weird that I'm following Darthe who is following me O.o I hope we won't walk in circles.

Maw seems like a good lynch option to me, and like I said we need to have some lynches if we want to start figuring things out. I think that Ley's lynch would provide the most info, but right now I think that he will flip town.

unvote

You may have noticed that I have been FoSing a lot of people during my catch up, one of which was indeed Maw. I'm however not as sold on him being scum as Darthe is because he isn't the only one I find to be suspicious.. I however can't lynch five people at once, so I will follow Darthe on this one because so far I also like his other other reads. Nobody has been able to demonstrate that they are town yet because it's only the start of Day 1. We need to have deaths or investigative results to have more solid reads on people.

I find it amusing that you are so quick with switching your vote to me after saying that you aren't willing to lift your suspicion of Turin.

I read your catchup. Unimpressed. You quoted a bunch of big posts and then posted waffling nonsense after each one to make it look like you were doing something. There's also a lot more insinuation there than I think a townie would use. The only people you firmly placed suspicion on were BG, Maw, and Dice. Maw and Dice are easy targets and your FoS on BG was extremely dubious.

I haven't lifted my suspicion of Turin, I've simply added suspicion of you. Seeing as the Turin train has been dying for ages now (thanks to Ithi and Darthe) and your vote put it down to 2, I don't know why you should see it as odd that I should find a new place to put my vote. You just don't like that I chose you and you're reaching for whatever you can to discredit me.

I just came up with a new role called the Evangelizer. It's function is to check any statement whether fact or opinion and see if the moderator agrees or disagrees but it can't alignment check.

Back to the game.

Official Vote Count:

With 19 alive, 10 votes are needed for a lynch

Ley: Maw, Turin, Basel, Ley, RTE, Mish (6)

Maw: Ithi, Cloud (2)

Turin: Tink (1)

Ed: Darthe, Yates (2)

Darthe: Hallia (1)

Berf: Ed (1)

Dice: Ley (1)

Cloud: Wombat (1)

Not Voting: Peace, Berf, Rorschach (Pralaya), BG (5)

Day 1 deadline here

Attention, special announcement: Darthe is, unfortunately for him, not more special than everyone else. That is all.

I can see the point you are making against Mish's vote on Ley. I think she had more than enough time to be suspicious of Ley, but she only choose to vote for him after reading RTE's case on him which she basically copy pasted. Having said that, I can never read her in mafia games >.>

I guess your early profiling makes sense now that you have finally explained it :P Why do you think Maw and Mish are mafa teammates? I didn't seem to find anything connecting the two of them.

You think I had more than enough time to be suspicious of Ley, like I was sitting around just waiting for a good time to throw on a vote. Not true. I spent the whole time before that going back and forth with myself if I found Ley sspicious or not. So when I was logged in earlier today, I did a quick reread of the game, focusing on his posts. RTE basically said exactly what I was thinking, so I referenced his case. After my re-read Ley stuck out like the most iffy to me, so I placed a vote.

Archived