DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Despothera's House of the Undead Mafia! Game over! Town wins!!!!!

hazelkrs1

Because she was doing almost nothing else. I already explained that. Why are you buddying Ithi so much?

You want her to jump to conclusions? The more questions the more information. Isn't it better to have more information to base a conclusion on? haste makes for bad lynches.

I am hardly buddying Ithi more than normal. In fact her early play is out of her normal meta at least in regards to me. I'm not sure why she is doing it so I am actually kind of following her normal methodology and ignoring it until I can figure out what she is doing and why.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that Basel is doing a good job at scum hunting right now and feels town to me. I think that the talk of Wombat's meta was unjustified as people can change drastically from what you are used to game by game so it doesn't really prove anything when it is hugely different. Meta is best used when someone who has a strong stance against a certain type of action as scummy play makes that same move in another game. In any case, I think the arguement with you and Ithi went on longer than what felt natural. So it peaked my interest.

Similarly, people calling Turin out based on meta are equally suspect to me. I need to double check, maybe I missed it in catching up, but I don't see Ithi using her normal "I have a blind eye to Turin" talk as much as she normally does during the first day or two.

Bold: my take was that trying to self gloss his meta was what looked odd. Especially when my opinion of his normal play style was diametrically opposed to the stance he took. the combination was jarring to me.

I don't know what to make of the back and forth with Wombat and Ithi. I do know that one way to get Ithi's attention is to question her motives as she will not back down. What wombat's motivation there is uncertain. She was after Ley then and has since moved on to Maw so I guess it is possibly distraction to protect Ley. Seems like too easy an answer however.

Underlined: she has definitely not taken the "blind eye to Turin" stance so far. In fact she has come out and stated the opposite IIRC. The early vote was out of character but it could have been a trap to get the game kicked off as she included a zombie softclaim in there. It was just so strange that I chose to ignore it until I could see where she was going. Since that she has gone back to her normal self for the most part so I am leaning towards it being a ploy to get right to playing.

1. I wasn't asking Ithi to jump to conclusions, merely to state some. Which she did eventually.

2. Regarding Turin's Ithi-buddying meta-defense: You've said this pretty much every time I've seen someone accuse you of buddying Ithi. I'm not buying it this time either. If you actually consider this level of buddying to be normal, you should probably stop playing mafia with Ithi.

3. I only started talking about my meta because Ithi brought it up. Also, it strikes me as hypocritical and scummy to criticize me for "self glossing" my meta and then to immediately use a meta defense in the same post.

Also, according to your own crappy meta arguments avainst me Turin, if a couple people perceive this as you buddying Ithi an abnormal amount, then it is so, because perception is reality when it comes to meta.

Very happy with my vote atm.

1. So you now withdraw your suspicion about only asking questions? Doesn't it make sense that she would gather information before making a conclusion. So your earlier push was unneeded IMO

2. You asked the question why I was buddying Ithi so much. I merely answered your question. I wasn't bringing it up. If you see me do it all the time why are you even asking about it? When you have seen it in all the other games have I done it as town and mafia?

I will play how I wish and with whom I wish thank you very much.

3. So you brought up your meta when asked about it ( I still don't find you normally chatty and aggressive here) and yet asked me about something that is very much in my meta. (you yourself said that I am frequently accused of buddying Ithi) and then have a problem when I state that it is something I do as town or mafia. And then call me a hypocrite over it.

And once again I will ask for a show of hands. I buddy Ithi? opinions? 

So you are willing to use an argument that you label as "crappy" to make your case? nice.

I will accept the view of the people with regard to my play. Are you willing to do the same?

Nice use of buzzwords btw. hypocritical, scummy and crappy. any more?

*correction:

change "same post" to "following post"

for the record it was in the "previous post"

1. I didn't withdraw anything. What she did was suspicious. It still is. Her posting of reads mitigates my suspicion but does not wipe it out.

2. I've seen you buddy Ithi a lot, but not this much. Even Ithi commented on it.

3. You just used the exact same type of defense that you criticized me for using. That is a contradiction between your criticism of others and your own behavior. That's called hypocrisy.

4. It is totally logically valid to turn your argument on you in order to prove my case. It's called proof by contradiction.

Turin Premise 1: Self-meta is always scummy.

Turin Premise 2: Turin is not scummy.

Fact: Turin used self-meta.

Conclusion: Turin is scummy.

Contradiction between conclusion and premises. Therefore, at least one premise is false. QED.

5. Re: buzzwords: If the shoe fits...

Lol.

I was/am suspicious of Turin because he DIDN'T buddy me straight away.

He really does do this all the time.

I usually ignore him - so maybe it's not as noticable. Maybe I shouldn't encourage him so much, but I got bored of always saying the same thing in each Game about how we play blah blah blah.

And fancied a change.

I don't mind having the odd huggle every now and then :)

Not from just anyone mind :dry:

That him DEFENDING me ... Not buddying.

There is a difference yes?

Buddy is just being nice happy friendly cuddles - Defending is saying blah blah I think Ithi is right because of XYZ and you should all leave her alone because I know her bestest of all!!!

Make sense?

So let me get this straight: we have a scum claim by Ed? We have a jester claim by Maw? Turin, Ley, AND Ithillian are fighting about RVS votes? And Basel is fabricating a case by putting words in people's mouths? Is this what's happening in this game right now? Really?

icon_facepalm.gif

He got here before I could say it. Also.. Did you steal that emoticon from MS?!

@All, why don't you take your thoughts and.. Put them in one post? So you don't look like a blathering nuisance.

Oh, and less Null tells would be awesome.

Official Vote Count:

With 19 alive, 10 votes are needed for a lynch

Turin: Wombat, Cloud (2)

Ley: Maw, Turin, Basel (3)

Ed: Darthe, Yates (2)

Darthe: Hallia (1)

Berf: Ed (1)

Maw: Ithi (1)

Not Voting: Peace, Tink, Mish, Berf, Rorschach (Pralaya), Dice, RTE, BG, Ley (10)

Day 1 deadline here

I'm also going to check to see if everyone has checked in, gimme a mo'

Okay everyone has posted at least once except for Peace. Gonna go nudge him now. Does anyone know if he was away for any reason? I seem to remember something about a fishing trip...

Also just as a forewarning, at the end of every day phase I will be instituting activity checks to make sure all are posting within a reasonable guideline for minimum activity levels. Will I tell you what those guidelines are? No. Wanna cry about it? Okay go ahead and get it out.

*pats crybabies on the back*

If you want to keep from being called out or nudged, or from being singled out with a harsher response like being replaced or modkilling, I suggest you preemptively step it up if you think you might fall under those mysterious guidelines that I shall not name (okay full disclosure, I'm not going to use any specific guidelines. Post count doesn't always = activity level. But this means you are also subject to my discretion, so yeah.... be active.)

Also cause I'm lazy and I don't feel like sending out a pm to every player, when you would like to use an ability/night action/day action etc., please submit it in your role pm or QT in the "Official" type format, ie:

***Official Ability Use***

DO SOMETHING

That way it's kind of like a "Is that your final answer" type thing. I might be merciful to those who change their mind immediately after submitting it in this form, but please don't try and take this to mean that you can use the full extent of any deadline to waffle about and change your mind till the last possible second.

Maw and Ley distancing?

How is me saying I don't have a read on him distancing? I never have.

I think that Basel is doing a good job at scum hunting right now and feels town to me. I think that the talk of Wombat's meta was unjustified as people can change drastically from what you are used to game by game so it doesn't really prove anything when it is hugely different. Meta is best used when someone who has a strong stance against a certain type of action as scummy play makes that same move in another game. In any case, I think the arguement with you and Ithi went on longer than what felt natural. So it peaked my interest.

Similarly, people calling Turin out based on meta are equally suspect to me. I need to double check, maybe I missed it in catching up, but I don't see Ithi using her normal "I have a blind eye to Turin" talk as much as she normally does during the first day or two.

Bold: my take was that trying to self gloss his meta was what looked odd. Especially when my opinion of his normal play style was diametrically opposed to the stance he took. the combination was jarring to me.

I don't know what to make of the back and forth with Wombat and Ithi. I do know that one way to get Ithi's attention is to question her motives as she will not back down. What wombat's motivation there is uncertain. She was after Ley then and has since moved on to Maw so I guess it is possibly distraction to protect Ley. Seems like too easy an answer however.

Underlined: she has definitely not taken the "blind eye to Turin" stance so far. In fact she has come out and stated the opposite IIRC. The early vote was out of character but it could have been a trap to get the game kicked off as she included a zombie softclaim in there. It was just so strange that I chose to ignore it until I could see where she was going. Since that she has gone back to her normal self for the most part so I am leaning towards it being a ploy to get right to playing.

Same here. Actually voted Turin mostly because I knew it would get the game rolling, and while it always means you catch some flak, noone gets lynched over such a minor thing.

^^^^  people seem to be trying to get you lynched over such a minor thing Ley.

Wombat this is the most aggressive I have seen you.

Ithi and Turin feel off .

Right now I think Ley is town  just bumbling a bit. Turin I think is town but I do want to watch Ithi. She's where that difference lies i think

Maw bringing up third party is weird . 

not sure which way im leaning yet

Official Vote Count:

With 19 alive, 10 votes are needed for a lynch

Turin: Wombat, Cloud, Tink (3)

Ley: Maw, Turin, Basel (3)

Ed: Darthe, Yates (2)

Darthe: Hallia (1)

Berf: Ed (1)

Maw: Ithi (1)

Not Voting: Peace, Mish, Berf, Rorschach (Pralaya), Dice, RTE, BG, Ley (9)

Day 1 deadline here

All based around the idea that you can already say someone is not on his meta after he has made one post. I disagree with that idea. Which means your vote is based on nothing but thin air.

YOU are the one saying that Turin is not on his meta. Try looking in the mirror before you say people can't do it.

Did he say that? I don't remember him saying that. I thought he said that I said that - and he thought it was odd but I'm usually right about things.

You did say it. But he felt a need to reiterate it after you said it. The way he said it, he was using what you originally said to back up his vote.

Also, as you said, Ithi, Turin doesn't say hello and doesn't mention the vote. That plus the yolo makes it pretty clear.

He uses what you said in his reasoning quite prominently. I think this counts as him saying it.

He said that was a Joke ... do you think he was actually being serious?

He said it was a joke. I don't feel that it was really a joke, just that he was trying to pass it off as one by sticking that bit about YOLO on the end. I still feel that Ley's real intent here was to get people suspicious of Turin while disguising it as a joke vote.

Basel - claiming someone said something, when they already said it was a joke.

So are you then saying that if he says something, that makes it true? All it takes for you to believe it was a joke is for him to say that it was? Do you normally believe whatever people say on a mafia game thread, and assume they are being forthright and truthful with you?

Archived