DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Despothera's House of the Undead Mafia! Game over! Town wins!!!!!

hazelkrs1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no.

I said I've not seen anything to dispute what I think and I don't see why I should go all round the houses to find it. The fact that you are even presenting evidence to defend your meta when you say it changes like the English weather is a bit odd.

I haven't seen you play like that. I see one word wombat. Hence ---> Wombat

so don't be waving your pom poms at me ta

Official Vote Count:

With 19 alive, 10 votes are needed for a lynch

Turin: Wombat, Cloud (2)
Ley: Maw, Turin, Ithi, Basel (4)
Darthe: Hallia (1)

Not Voting: Peace, Tink, Mish, Berf, Rorschach (Pralaya), Darthe, Yates, Dice, Ed, RTE, BG, Ley (13)

Day 1 deadline here

I think I should buckle down and get serious. Unvote. Vote Ley. I really don't like the way he is handling the pressure regarding his original vote. It is seriously giving me the willies. He is saying it was a joke vote, but his actions aren't treating it like one.

Please give examples.

Okey dokey.

Just protecting you from the beast Ithi :wub:

If I let you sit in my lap do you promise not to try to eat my brains? Going for it. You only live once.

*pulls Ithi onto my lap and snuggles*

Oh god. Even 40-something year old people use yolo now...

Can you please bite me Desp?

You've got Bird Flu?

5 points for this. And 5 points to Ley for the excellent video.

Vote BG. Cause if he has the bird flu, we have to maintain strict quarantine and deal with him before he infects everyone. *nods nods*

You mean song?

Also, as you said, Ithi, Turin doesn't say hello and doesn't mention the vote. That plus the yolo makes it pretty clear.

Unvote vote Turin

Makes the so-called joke vote. The YOLO bit, I could understand as being a "non-reason". I wonder if this is snuck in there to mask the serious claim that Turin is not playing according to his meta, which is normally not a claim made jokingly. So Ley has managed to bring up something serious about Turin, get everyone thinking, then make a silly comment about YOLO in order to pass it off as a joke vote, while simultaneously leaving the other two bits in the back of everyone's mind.

I have often wondered what YOLO meant lol.

Leyrann - why do you think my vote on Turin was serious?

Why do you think MY vote on Turin was serious?

You parrotted my reasons and said the yolo thing was relevant. Sounded serious to me. Was it not serious?

It was just playing around a bit. I mean, do these reasons even look 1% serious to you?

Yeah, they do, in fact. The YOLO bit seems like a prime example of how everything that is said in mafia is part of gameplay, even apparent jokes.

"Joke" vote made with an attempt at providing reasoning, even if bad, that puts the first person to 2 votes. Immediately backs off the validity of the vote when called on it but leaves the vote standing. Very very odd.

vote Leyrann

I'm sorry, but does what I said look at an attempt of providing reasoning? Really? I'm pulling 3 total NON-reasons.

When you make note of how someone isn't doing stuff they normally do, that sounds serious to me. The attempt by Ley to divert from the serious reasons he made with the YOLO stuff changes the whole vibe he is giving me. Instead of what could have been him pointing out a possible slip had he left that out, what I'm getting is a mafia member trying to sow seeds of doubt on a townie while using a joke to avoid looking like he is doing so.

So ... you think my vote on Turin is a joke?

Originally: Yes.

Now: I'd say so, but you sometimes have weird reasons, even though you often end up being right.

My vote on Turin though, is a full out joke vote.

Ley's reply to Ithi here sounds like more serious reasoning concerning Turin. If his vote is a joke, then why respond to Ithi as if he is working on a case against him? Some votes are legitimately jokes... but not Ley's Turin vote. Just a wolf in sheep's clothing.

I don't see how any of that shows him treating his vote as serious. You could be right that he was trying to sheep under the disguise of a joke vote, but I don't see any evidence of him not treating his vote as a joke.

I don't know how you could see that last example as Ley trying to build any kind of case. It's clearly an attempt to explain his vote as a joke. I think you've got some confirmation bias going on here and that leads me to question your motives.

DO NOT POST YET! PM's are being sent out post haste. I will notify you when you may begin posting.

Player List:

1. Ithi

2. Turin

3. Peace

4. Tiinker

5. Mish

6. Wombat

7. Berf

8. Rorschach

9. Basel

10. Maw

11. Hallia

12. Darthe

13. Yates

14. Dice

15. Cloud

16. Ed

17. RTE

18. BG

19. Leyrann

Checking in.

H1N1 is swine flu and I was innoculated a while back. If you guys haven't been, that's on you.

VC coming in a bit... Just woke up but also have to clean for my mom coming over for dinner

If Turin flips mafia, we also know Darthe is full of it. Though for obvious reasons I know he's at least 1/3rd correct.

Like I'm actually going to read any Game I'm not actually a part of :rolleyes:

Am far too lazy ... I barely read the Games I actually play lol

Convenient wombat. You can't argue your own meta because your meta is what other people think you do. You can try to make your meta one thing but in reality you are left with whatever people think your meta is. Perception is reality in this case.

Berf. :wub:

Tiinker is mafia. Look at that cautious post. 

Wombat, I have been inoculated for just about everything, being in the Army. Obviously scum for trying to make it seem like I haven't gotten my shots. 

:woe: 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ Despo. When I picked my mom up from the airport, I told her she has to clean. :baalzamon:

BG, wow. 

Ithi, you filthy LLL. 

Turin, that is stupid. It isn't perception. Meta is literally what you do. Not what you seem to do. You can't seem to make so many posts but not actually do it. You can seem to be playing, but not really talking in those posts, but that is a bit of a different story. 

Ley, stop worrying about what others will think of you. And don't back down because of heat. 

Turin, pretty defensive and jumpy there. 

Ithi, can you send me biscuits? Or are they all being used in trying to cover up your obvious scuminess? 

Berf, you suck and should die a horrible death. 

Darthe. :wub:

Ed. You may think you are doing things a certain way. The other players may perceive you in another way. Your actual.meta is what the other people's perception of you is. My example would be EP. I think his perception of himself is substantially different from everyone else's perception of him.

Personally, I don't recall wombat as being all go no drag. I asked everyone else's opinion. So far what I have seen is mish mentioned one game that he was more chatty in. Lots of people have checked in and I haven't seen much evidence for chatty aggressive wombat. My take on him has always been quiet making small statements or voting without saying anything. It is even called wombatting now to just vote in that manner.

Do you have recollections of talky aggressive wombat?

That's the thing. It isn't perception. 

It is what actually happens. 

Our perception does play a part in translating this meta, yes, but it does not determine it. 

I have such recollections of a talky aggressive wombat, but I don't kiss and tell, and it only happened once. :wink:

Heh

That's the thing. It isn't perception.

It is what actually happens.

Our perception does play a part in translating this meta, yes, but it does not determine it.

I have such recollections of a talky aggressive wombat, but I don't kiss and tell, and it only happened once. :wink:

Heh

Pretty sure I know what game you're talking about Mr. Cultist Lie Detector :P

(<3 Des even if he's always scummy).

That's okay, that's just a part of my perceived meta.

My actual meta is that I always mafia with as few pants on as possible, while reading different posts from diff people as diff characters from Sex and the City.

Wombat, you should be proud. I usually read you as Samantha.

:laugh:

/modspam

Berf. :wub:

Tiinker is mafia. Look at that cautious post. 

Wombat, I have been inoculated for just about everything, being in the Army. Obviously scum for trying to make it seem like I haven't gotten my shots. 

:woe: 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ Despo. When I picked my mom up from the airport, I told her she has to clean. :baalzamon:

BG, wow. 

Ithi, you filthy LLL. 

Turin, that is stupid. It isn't perception. Meta is literally what you do. Not what you seem to do. You can't seem to make so many posts but not actually do it. You can seem to be playing, but not really talking in those posts, but that is a bit of a different story. 

Ley, stop worrying about what others will think of you. And don't back down because of heat. 

Turin, pretty defensive and jumpy there. 

Ithi, can you send me biscuits? Or are they all being used in trying to cover up your obvious scuminess? 

Berf, you suck and should die a horrible death. 

Darthe. :wub:

The bolded were moderate to bad.

Despo, what does it mean that "to win must eliminate all threats to the mafia?"

:blink:

*scratches head*

It means you got the symp role.  Thanks for the bus vote on Berf.  Care to vote everyone else?

(<3 Des even if he's always scummy).

That's okay, that's just a part of my perceived meta.

My actual meta is that I always mafia with as few pants on as possible, while reading different posts from diff people as diff characters from Sex and the City.

Wombat, you should be proud. I usually read you as Samantha.

:laugh:

/modspam

Note that Des responded to this question but not the Ed question.  Which Ed used mock joking with.

That in mind, Des likely responded to the question in PM.

Thus Ed

Archived