DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Mafia Showdown - Town Wins

Darthe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deadline is counted in EST afaik.

I think that the neighbor role is the role, though...

I think (not 100% sure though) that it is most often between vanilla's or goons (as neighbour is either both town or one town and one mafia, two mafia doesn't make sense), but sometimes someone might have a power role. You also have masons, who know from each other they are town. Not sure if those sometimes have power roles or if this counts as a power role.

(note that I could be wrong here. If you want to know for sure check mafiascum)

neighbors??

so far as i recall, generally both are town. 1 is a tracker (see who targets a person), the other is a watcher (see who a person targets). sometimes they just know eachothers names other times they share a QT.

i think there was a game recently that just used the flavor term for a 2 man nilla mason team though.

neighbors??

so far as i recall, generally both are town. 1 is a tracker (see who targets a person), the other is a watcher (see who a person targets). sometimes they just know eachothers names other times they share a QT.

i think there was a game recently that just used the flavor term for a 2 man nilla mason team though.

Oh I think you know better than that.

From the wiki for those who might have taken Red's word as fact:

Neighbor

Alignment: any

Role type: Linked

Passive

Informative

Choice: none

Neighbors are players that can speak to each other. Unlike Masons, there is no guarantee made of any Neighbor's alignment. It is up to the moderator's discretion whether they can speak at Night, or at any time.

Neighbors, regardless of when they are allowed to speak to each other, are considered Normal on mafiascum.net. In addition, Neighbor can also be considered a modifier under Normal rules so that it may be combined with other power roles.

See also Neighborizer. In addition, Neighbors have been known to possess other power roles, or even have powers that belong to the group as a whole (though the latter is generally reserved for themed games).

Use and Power

Neighbors are essentially unconfirmed Masons where the moderator honestly acknowledges no expectation of one Neighbor having the same alignment as any other Neighbor. In an ideal world, the alignment of any Neighbor would be as random as the alignment of the player itself. In practice - and especially in Themed games - Neighbor is seen as an excuse to mix scum Neighbors where they would have been called bastard for doing so with a Masonry.

To that end, the real power of Neighbors comes from their ability to speak to each other. Scum players, particularly those that do not like playing as scum, will not be able to maintain a pro-Town appearance for very long if engaged in dialogue like if they were a Mason. Thus, in the hands of skilled players a Neighborhood can function either as a Masonry (if both players are Town) or a directed Cop investigation (if one is not Town). In the hands of unskilled players, Neighbors are virtually useless.

Thus, Neighbor is a fairly low-tier power role that amplifies the skill of its players. This does not mean that you can stuff a game with them - if the Neighbors deduce that they are all Town, they will begin to act like Masons. Masons, to contrast, are quite powerful.

The first line of text mixed in the quote for me when I saw that and SlEePy looked like SIEePy to me (capital I instead of lowercase l) which made me confused and I just thought it was spam)

Now I remember Titania, I don't remember her as good, didn't she fall in love with Nick the donkey because of Puck?  What "good" thing did she ever do?

I also see Lenlo as a bit naive due to him believing her, unless there really is a reason like Time says.

ANd I still need more input on the finding the redoubler to see where I should vote

Im naive because I questioned WoT in our QT and believe her to be town?

The point of neighbors if we are both town is to make us suspicious of the other because we cannot be 100% sure of the others alignment.

Ley, people have seen me do it. Basel, one of those with you asking for the case, admitted that I had previously posted it. It is just you being lazy and not looking back because others have obviously seen it. Infact I seem to remember you arguing the validity of the case and now here you are claiming I havnt made one? Scummy scummy.

Also the betting thing was a joke, ignore it. Basel said he would bet that I am scum, you quoted him and so I wanted to know what you were wagering so I could collect at the end of the game when I flip town. It had no gameplay in it.

You mean that quote from Red (If I remember correctly) that you had? It was not yours, plus it's FAR too weak. I won't call it a case, and certainly not YOUR case. And you still haven't posted where Ithi buddied up with Dap.

I've asked Darthe if I'm allowed to post the proof you all apparently need...

The hell? You're asking the person under scrutiny whether you should give information to the town?

I'm sorry, what part of that plan makes sense? You're either town or you're not. Lenlo is either town or he's not. If you think he's town, the best way you can help prove that he's town is by providing information which bears out that assumption. If you're mistaken, more information will help sort that out. Obfuscation only helps the mafia here, people.

In other news, do we have any other Neighbor pairings out there, or are Len and WoT the only one?

Maw, do you ALWAYS have such things in your mafia games or is it just that you should get a full week of sleep?

Also not sure about Rand now. To be honest both Turin and Rand gave good reasons. For now I hold my vote on Lenlo.

Yeah, I always make at least one serious 'I should quit mafia now' mistake per game. I should also probably get a full week of sleep, but thats besides the point.

neighbors??

Isn't that a Neighborhood Watch, not Neighbors? Mafiascum says neighbors are like a mason team without both being confirmed town.

Anyway... I would prefer to lynch len today. I feel like with the neighbor team out there, there is a decent chance that one of them is mafia and i feel like that one is len. This logic is slightly screwed up by having additional neighbor pairs in the game, so I say again that I would appreciate any such pairs claiming. Rand seems like a decent lynch but I think Len will yield more information. I'd be willing to switch to consolidate, but i'm not sure how the votes stand atm or whether i'll be able to get back on before dl.

I think both Rand and Len are lynch worthy. Len has been setting off most people the entirety of this game while Rand has not that long ago (relatively) come to attention. We are close to DL and Len has the most votes.

I think Len is the way to go today vote len

Its quarter to 5am here i will be around til 7 if needed

i'm just recalling what i remeber of seeing them in other game Ithi, not the wiki.

@Len - maybe i am thinkign of Neighborhood then. the names are very similar so i'm probably mentlaly lumping them together as a tomato-tomahto sorta thing *shrugs*

anyways, going off now to start my catch up

No, roles arnt that important to me when discussing alignment. I talk to them about who they think is scum, who they think is town, what they plan to do/try. Roles are to easily lied about and also tend to scew things. Like for ex if she had said RB I would have immidiatly leaned toward thinking her scum. This way I learn her role after I decide whether or not she is scum.

I disagree.  Why would you purposely limit the amount of information you have on the other player when trying to determine alignment.  The more information the better.

I disagree with you. I still get to know her role and this way it isnt tinted by anything.

I think both Rand and Len are lynch worthy. Len has been setting off most people the entirety of this game while Rand has not that long ago (relatively) come to attention. We are close to DL and Len has the most votes.

I think Len is the way to go today vote len

Its quarter to 5am here i will be around til 7 if needed

Have not been setting everyone off. Just afew.

Also blatant bandwagon much? I have the most votes so vote me.

I'm still more happy with a Len lynch, as I'd bet on scum for both of them. Will remain online for about 2 hours, if I think Len has more chance to get lynched, I'll switch back.

Again, your betting against the guy who knows the results. Thats almost as bad as betting against a loaded pair of dice.

I'm still more happy with a Len lynch, as I'd bet on scum for both of them. Will remain online for about 2 hours, if I think Len has more chance to get lynched, I'll switch back.

Again, your betting against the guy who knows the results. Thats almost as bad as betting against a loaded pair of dice.

What we're betting on is that you're lying.

I'll be back in five-ish hours to look in on how lynches are progressing.

A Thorough Discussion - a Play in 4 Sentences

Enter Lenlo and WoT into the QT - Stage Left.

Lenlo: So, I'm Titania

WoT: Yeah, I'm Vin

Lenlo: I'm Town

WoT: Me too

The End

This made me laugh hard XD

I'll be on reguarly for about 5 more hours too before it's bedtime, and I can switch my vote if needed, but I feel Rand has dug a deeper hole than Len...

What we're betting on is that you're lying.

I'll be back in five-ish hours to look in on how lynches are progressing.

And youd be wrong.

i have unexpected family members arriving (bleh!) and school in the morning and its getting late...

im torn between len, and rand (i mean everyone is), but till we can get anything more from this neighbor/mason thing..

i'll vote rand 

(ill check this before i go to school if i can get the chance and i sleep more than 5 hours :rolleyes:)

We all know someone who wins that all the time...

I have a blackberry phone. When you hold the keys down slightly longer than normal it capitalises letters. When I am very tired I type slower, hold the keys down too long and get random letters in capitals, which I can't be bothered to fix because usually my eyes are barely open. That post was at 6.30 am after staying up late the night before, but I needed to get the game going again so just replied.

I have a definite witness that this happens when I am tired lol. And this has already been explained before. Is strange you feel it necessary to mention again. Is that really all you have?

No, now that I have an explanation, I am fine.  For some reason, I thought you had an iPhone, which is really weird because you have to press a completely different key to make it capitalized.  Thats all good then.

>I've asked Darthe if I'm allowed to post the proof you all apparently need...

Call me naive, but these lines usually give me a town read.  However, that can change when I see the result, but I think I currently have my vote on Time, so I shall unvote

Archived