DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Mafia Showdown - Town Wins

Darthe

lol sorry red i did it in red first then changed it

allright  heading to work now  will unvote and vote rand   I think they are both worth going after but we cant lynch both of them today

Here is Dice putting Rand at L-1 before getting the chance to reveal. Might be something to remember.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

up to page 34.

i dunno if i buy Len as town at this point. the reveal by Time was too well placed and she didn't come out with all the info at once, she had to have Turin drag it out of her. i feels too gambity tbh. i still haven't caught up to the reason behind the Rand wagon, but right now the most info woudl be gained from either Time or Len being lynched.

imo, this feels like Len talked Time into revealing to save his own skin, becuase a reveal comming from him at that point would have not been bought.

you're not side stepping this Basel. why did you purposefully exaggerate the size of my post?

A man, exaggerating the size of something? Inconceivable!

Len still hasn't found the quotes of me doing what he said I did. I think he can't shout about Player and me being buddies anymore now that I've been proven wrong and Player was proven Town.

Re Player's role. He was the old lady from the Matrix ... she was the oracle was she not? Is it not just a bit convenient that she got 'gifted' a couple of Oracle Shots, plus it is still Day 1 - where would these gifts have come from. I think that was just a little bit too much explaining. Is more likely that the Vanilla - Xshot means that on the days the shots don't get used it is just Vanilla. Maybe that is just Darthe's way.

anyways ... until Len comes back with those alleged quotes and because Player is dead Vote Len

*nodnod* I think Player being killed threw a wrench in his accusations. Kinda suspicious to me.

Vote Len

My accusations? Player was a very very very small part of my accusations. I was getting suspicious of him for the way he buddied up to her. Not the other way around. There were some interactions between the two that I felt looked bad on her, but with him coming up town those dont mean anything anymore.

a small part of your accusations? from where i'm sitting, you pointing out Player buddying to Ithi was about half of your beef about her.

I would like my post to be replied to. I don't like being ignored. It makes me even more sure that you are scum.

as I've already said, I'd thought it had semi served its purpose, so I saw no reason to keep it there... I wanted to try something new , and that obviously didn't turn out quite as I expected it to...

I don't think you're scummy Wheel.  I think you just made a comment, not expecting it to get blown up like it has.

it wasn't a comment, it was a scummy wagon vote. just liek your wagon vote "cheerlead directly what Ithi said" is equally scummy.

Meantime, where has Red disappeared to? When she and I go at it in games (many games), she is normally quick to latch onto everything I say in reply to whatever argument she manages to put together out of Lincoln Logs and duct tape. This time, I made the latest reply to her and I have yet to see her say anything.

really, you wait until the weekand when you know i wont be aroudn to both respond to my accusations at you and then to fling the FoS at me and paint me as lurking.

again, you know i'm not on during the weekands, just as you know what my WoTs really look like. why, all of a sudden are you not "recalling" my meta; mayhaps it suits your own purposes for tryign to avoid me cause you know i'm right and your scum.

OK! So I just finished reading all of this ... I think that I should vote Lenlo, after Player dying ... he looks super suspicious.

Second place scum looking to me is WoT ... Bad vibe

that was a really fast read up, less than 1 hour to read 31 pages. ad no thoughts other than this??

Although Len has said a lot of stuff he can't or won't back up.

Makes me wonder if the people with changes of heart are team mates and Len is about to be bussed hard.

i dislike the linking people together. no one has done the 180 flip your talking about that i see. this trian of thought pings on a gut level, cant really explain it but feels liek your trying to distance yourself away from the entire thing and set up lynches

Ithi, you had some suspicious stuff for a while, but the way Len has been, I came to a conclusion: you being mafia would have meant that either Len is town, in which case he wouldn't call you out for things you've never said, because he would be legitimately hunting and would only case you on things you really have said. That, or you and Len are mafia working together, which would mean that he wouldn't make that mistake in the first place because you two would have worked out your plan in advance and wouldn't allow for such a basic error. Furthermore, I think it unlikely that his mistakes are part of a sacrifice gambit to make you look town, because the way things have gone so far, that would be way too complicated a plan to put into place IMO.

So in other words, Len's play has pinged hard enough to prove you town.

omg this pings so hard. how are you lot not voting for this guy. you take Ithis thoughts and then WIFOM with them. now you link them together hard core. and Len proves Ithi si town? thats a little premature unless you know Lens alignment.

Had to post something to not be forgotten.. I'm still in this game and I am following, but I've had a pretty hectic past few days. I'll contribute when I've got something useful to say.

and now your starting to ping. you've not chimed in but make a point to pop up every now and then to make sure we still know you're here. how about instead of a fluff post liek this, you post with your actual thoguhts abtou the game instead.

I'm town... Vin from Mistborn... and I'm pretty positive that Lenlo is town...

this pings. premature reveal and then links herself to Len and clears him. i'm pinging this as a gambit tbh

These are the special roles that Darthe has created for this game. I have coloured them according to the alignment that makes the most sense to me, Red for mafia, Blue for town, and green for third party.

Godfatherizer: Chooses one player nightly. When viewed that player shows a false reading for role or alignment.

I say this would be mafia as it protects players from a cop's viewing. This helps to keep them hidden. Town would not need this power.

agreed. this power is very much anti-town and especailly the name says scum aligned imo

Death gifter: Grants several people abilities upon their passing

Town as it seems to be that players get gifts if the named player dies. I believe that this is why Dap was vanilla but had two oracle views in parentheses. If the death gifter died that is what he would have received. There might be several players that are currently vanilla but will be given gifts if the Death Gifter is killed.

agreed about alignment, though i'm not so certain on the logic behind the gifitng thing. that seems sound and is a good explination but what purpose woudl it serve for Darthe to tell us that in the corner?

Sacrifice: Dies instead of another player (lynch or NK) on the phase of their choice.

Town as it is a means of protecting town power roles in a situation where they would be vulnerable.

agreed

Ability Thief: Borrows the abilities of the player they target for that night (player still has their own use, if x shot ability has been used up then this player gets nothing)

Stealing abilities just feels like a mafia ability. Every time I have seen it used it was mafia aligned. It is possible that it could be town but I doubt it.

i've seen it as both alignments tbh, so i'm disagreeing with this one. this is basically the same as Theif, which is i recall has an either/or alignment.

Bloodsucker: Nightly kill. Twice the individual may permanently gain some of the powers from the person they kill. This could also be mafia.

This seems to be a derivative of the SK role in which they also get an additional bonus of the possibilty of gaining some abilities.

agreed, this is most liekly our 3rd party is there is one. for scum to have this, it would over power them imo. if anything, this sounds liek a way to balance out and give the SK a fair chance at success.

Redoubler: for every 2 votes on the individual the power of their vote raises by 1

This role is primarily a means of escaping a lynch. envision two competing trains in the range of 8 each with 12 to lynch. The redouber is one of them. he places his vote on the other train creating an immediate lynch. It actually gets more dangerous the later in the game it goes. The fact that it could be stolen is even more troubling. The way the role description is written is making me very worried about those that haven't voted.

i disagree. i think this can be any alignement, kinda like makign a RBer a townie.

Dreaming God: the player has six named powers at their disposal (psychological, manipulative, festive, rebirthing, diverse, restful). One must be used each day/night cycle. The player personally wins upon using all abilities. This could also be Third party due to the win condition.

I am thinking Town as it was town in the only game I remember seeing it in.

agreed, this is likely town given the roles it has. letting scum have this woudl over power them imo. i dunno about 3rd party, unless it was a survivor win condition.

These are all just my opinions on these roles from the descriptions given by Darthe. I realise this is a form of setup speculation but I think it is a case that might actually be worth discussing how the town can best utilize the roles they have. And also to best protect against the anti-town roles.

This can be a hot button issue for some so I am sure that some will be suspicious of my bringing it up.

my reponses in purple

Neighbor? Well if you are really Vin from Mistborn it would be more likely than not that Len is then MAFIA as neighbors are generally not of the same alignment. Otherwise they would be masons.

Len, can you confirm this?

Finally Mish. Could you please vote someone? even if it is me.

I am. I am Titania from Midsummer's Night Dream.

Also I dont think it true that if people are neighbors then one has to be town and the other mafia. If it had to be that way then what would be the point of making people neighbors? One would automatically know that the other is mafia and so mafia are immidiatly down one person. I have talked with WoT quite abit over the QT we were given and I believe her to be town.

We were also told each others characters in the QT so I really dont think there is a possibility of a fake claim.

same poitn as having an influtrator on a mason or scum QT, it makes the game interesting and tests the players abilities.

as much as i hate to say it, i'm with Basel on this one. this entire thing smells of a gambit imo and who said anythign abotu a fake claim? and wiki about your character

"Shakespeare's Titania is a very proud creature and as much of a force to contend with as her husband Oberon. The marital quarrel she and Oberon are engaged in over which of them should have the keeping of an Indian changeling boy is the engine that drives the mix ups and confusion of the other characters in the play."

sounds like your character could easily be scum imo, mr. mischeif maker. out of the two, Vin is the less likey to be scum given her canon.

Vin's a pretty awesome character.  While she's kind of one of the good guys, she does start out with a group of thieves, so there's a chance she might indeed be mafia.

theres no way Vin is scum unless Darthe randomly assigned alignments to characters. she's the main protagonist of the Mistborn series.

Hello to all the people who have been following the game most intently and now show up to post because they've been given a warning in this Thread by Darthe. It was just like magic.

2zhqzw2.gif

Here is the full run down for those of you on mobile

dapianoplay3r 121 Ithillian 112 Lenlo 62 Darthe 59 Leyrann 46 lolguy26 32 wheeloftime13 32 TGlems 30 dicetosser1 29 ReleaseTheEvil 28 Mawthtex 27 Red2111 27 Smiley73 22 Hallia 22 Turin Turambar 22 Song of Ice and Fire 21 bgrishinko 20 Basel Gill 19 Misheru Sedai 19 ruairidh7 13 RandA lThor 13 TinaHel 12 Tiinker 9 Niel an' Tyomn 8 Kaylee 7 _CLOUD 6

Also I just noticed that Darthe is now quoting me as his siggy lmao.

He's got his eye on youuuuuu

Ok. Here is the thing: I am ready to hammer Rand. I think Turin, and especially Ithi (who Rand didn't thoroughly reply to) made a very good case and Rand is really flailing around. Although I do find his posts have been sloppy in more than one game so not sure if that has just become his meta.

Here's my take on Len: I. Do. Not. Trust. Him. However, I can't be the only one who thinks he really made no effort to avoid pissing people off? He really didn't show ANY signs of self preservation when everything was firmly on him and that pings me. It really does. I don't trust him but I'm also unsure he's mafia. WoT may have been posting and acting odd but it may be because Len was coaching her through the QT. Which would make sense.

I will unvote  for now but keeping a close eye on things. Between the two neighbours I'd vote Len but I'm leaning towards Rand here...

I really don't want to post now, because it'll seem like I just showed up to get to 20 :rolleyes: Anyhow.

Rand is at L-1, and the voting stopped. Interesting.

Not really. It's terrible bad form to Hammer someone before giving them a chance to Claim. Especially on Day 1.

Of course *rolls eyes at self* I know that... Gotta stop posting while dizzy. I've just been basically standing on my head for half an hour so my brain isn't working right now :laugh:

I really don't want to post now, because it'll seem like I just showed up to get to 20 :rolleyes: Anyhow.

Not really. It's terrible bad form to Hammer someone before giving them a chance to Claim. Especially on Day 1.

depends on how close the DL is imo. if the DL is far off then i agree without a cop finding syaign theri scum hammering without giving the chance to revela is scummy and poor form.

but on the flip side,i have seen scum stall before on revealing hoping to stall out a lynch before. i need to fully catch up before i cna comment on Rand though, so far as i've seen from him, he's been non-existant up to page 33

up to page 34.

Vin's a pretty awesome character.  While she's kind of one of the good guys, she does start out with a group of thieves, so there's a chance she might indeed be mafia.

theres no way Vin is scum unless Darthe randomly assigned alignments to characters. she's the main protagonist of the Mistborn series.

*nodnod* I know, I loved the series. I was just saying she was part of the thief group, which technically participated in illegal activities.  She herself was a good person.

Of course *rolls eyes at self* I know that... Gotta stop posting while dizzy. I've just been basically standing on my head for half an hour so my brain isn't working right now :laugh:

I know how that is. That is why I´m going to sleep now.

Dear mod - I hope this is enough for you even though almost nothing is game related. At least it shows that I want to stay in the game. I hope I will be able to get more active.

Ok. Here is the thing: I am ready to hammer Rand. I think Turin, and especially Ithi (who Rand didn't thoroughly reply to) made a very good case and Rand is really flailing around. Although I do find his posts have been sloppy in more than one game so not sure if that has just become his meta.

Here's my take on Len: I. Do. Not. Trust. Him. However, I can't be the only one who thinks he really made no effort to avoid pissing people off? He really didn't show ANY signs of self preservation when everything was firmly on him and that pings me. It really does. I don't trust him but I'm also unsure he's mafia. WoT may have been posting and acting odd but it may be because Len was coaching her through the QT. Which would make sense.

I will unvote  for now but keeping a close eye on things. Between the two neighbours I'd vote Len but I'm leaning towards Rand here...

You will never trust me, im sure.

Keep reading Red ... the Rand cases come later. RTE ... remember the Bad Form thing.

Nothing scummier than letting a vote go random Ithi.

Oh shush ... there's a few hours left yet and I'm already voting for Rand ... in fact I made one of the cases on him. What are you even trying to say - unless you are worried about seeming mafioso yourself?

i wont be able to finish catching up until later tonight, if not tomorrow. goign to the gym tonight and will still have to cook dinner.

right now though, i still think Len is the best lynch, it helps clear some of the WIFOM on the neighbor thing and his lynch will give loads of info and leaving this WIFOM to rot in the game will benefit the scum imo.

up to page 34.

Vin's a pretty awesome character. While she's kind of one of the good guys, she does start out with a group of thieves, so there's a chance she might indeed be mafia.

*nodnod* I know, I loved the series. I was just saying she was part of the thief group, which technically participated in illegal activities. She herself was a good person.

i aint buying this Lia. you said that directly to paint the character as scummy. it was a very capitalistic move on the situation, with Basel and Turin out right stating they thought one of the Neighbors could be scum. when Len said called youout on it, you backed right off too.

imo, you're trying to plant seeds and capitalize on "one neighbor must be scum".

this entire thing feels like a gambit tbh. i think your scum right along with Len and you lot are trying to make the most of a bad situation that Len dug himself into.

Archived