DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Mafia Showdown - Town Wins

Darthe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

up to page 29. lunch is over and back to work. i'll get a few jobs uploaded then come back and catch up some more

Wow... This game is that active that I have a hard time posting game-related things because 1) I'm asleep or at school when you're spamming 10 pages and 2) It's too much to be able to go at every detail.

By the way, vote Dap. He's that active it feels unnatural for me... I mean, he has a QUARTER of all posts made in this game on his own, and he's TOO relaxed to be natural too.

spamming 10 pages?? very little of this game has been spam, i dislike you belittling everything that has been said up until now with this statement.

too much to be abel to go into detail?! Maifa is a game of detials.

scummy ping is scummy

finally managed to catch up (10 pages while i slept!!)

Dm hast been allowing me to post (and sometimes not letting me on)

btw darthe cloud isnt in the game anymore

so you catch up 10 pages chuckles and thats all you have to say *smh*

It wasn't me lol. I thought he was Mafia and wanted him Lynched.

i assume this is a joke, but its still slightly suspicious

This from the person who just wanted Player's role as vanilla clarified, rather than being even slightly surprised he got killed. Did you not get the result you expected?

not really clarified i just wanted to know whether darthe might have been wrong or not, and how am i supposed to show my surprise?? (anyway i assumed it was day vig)

and why would you assume a day vig and no mafia? Though I suppose it is possible with how packed full of stuff this game is

what are you trying to suggest here? imo vig kill is a logical assumption, unless youre trying to say the scum has a kill aside from the NK.

this pings.

I hope you are in a better mood today Len. I still think your whole case on me is a means to distract me from noticing anything else that is going on. It won't work.

Lol what? Now your over analyzing crap. My case is me wanting to get you lynched. You thinking that I would go though so much trouble just to distract you is funny though.

Did you just say that your whole 'case' on me is crap? Why are you so cross with me? I don't suppose you feel like answering the questions I asked you.

you're taking his words out of context Ithi

It wasn't me lol. I thought he was Mafia and wanted him Lynched.

i assume this is a joke, but its still slightly suspicious

This from the person who just wanted Player's role as vanilla clarified, rather than being even slightly surprised he got killed. Did you not get the result you expected?

not really clarified i just wanted to know whether darthe might have been wrong or not, and how am i supposed to show my surprise?? (anyway i assumed it was day vig)  

and why would you assume a day vig and no mafia? Though I suppose it is possible with how packed full of stuff this game is

why would mafia shoot their teammate who's active

o.0 did you just accuse a confirmed townie of being scum??

Ley - a few interesting reads, I think the Basel/Red thing is town on town and Ley is jumping in as mafia to take advantage, scum lean

Saying someone is slightly scummy, not even voting, is now already jumping in? Good to know. I'll just say nothing anymore the entire game because otherwise I'm jumping in at everything.

holy over-reaction batman! scum can take advantage of town-on-town without being on the train directly by nudging the violence to continue.

˙ʍou ʇɥbıɹ dooן ǝɥʇ ɟo ǝpıs ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ uo ʞɔnʇs ɯ,ı puɐ  ˙os ʞuıɥʇ ı

da faq?! o.0

Okay, but, catching up on this game and sifting through useless chatter and spam, my basic thoughts are (I'm leaving people out who I don't have basic thoughts on):

Lenlo - skimming, ignores the fact that Cloud was replaced and still mentions Cloud, null tell

Mish - explains doubler and in same post says she doesn't understand, not sure if scum tell

Tina - mostly concise and seems scumhunting, leaning town

Ley - a few interesting reads, I think the Basel/Red thing is town on town and Ley is jumping in as mafia to take advantage, scum lean

Maw - seems to be playing same as I've seen before, town lean

Basel - I don't buy that random.org is a scum tell, he and Red are going after each other a bit too hard for it to be a mafia/town thing because normally mafia will back down a bit or cajole or something, whereas this seems town v. town to me, town lean

Dap - had a scum lean on him for buddying, but now he is dead, I think he was vanilla town who was gifted powers by a power gifting role. 

RTE - will someday have to get past distrust of Len.  Len had made a couple slips in WWII game and if he is scum will likely do so again, null

Turin - no reason for vote on Lenlo, normally explains things a bit more from what I've seen, slight scum lean

Ithi - active, casing, looks like scum hunting, but that is her play style, slightly town with a chance of scumminess

Lolguy - a few posts have seemed a bit off to me, slight scum lean

WoT - lots of heat right out the gate, too much WIFOM for rest of game, scum lean

Roo - was agreeing with Dap, though the people/town change of words was interesting, null

Hallia - new, no reads yet.  Also, piece of advice, you don't have to quote a huge post just to write one sentence.  Instead hit the quote button, delete most of the post that isn't relevant, then write your thoughts.  Cleaner and easier this way :-)

Red - town on town with Basel, town lean

Song - very concise, null read

Rand - has solid town reads, not as many reads for scum, leaning town

Dice - couple questions of other players, not much self-generated content, leaning scum

So, two other things. Basel/Red I think is town on town because, as stated above, they both seem a bit too strident in their opinions. IMO this comes from both being town. When town it is easier to go hard after something and not back down, especially when vanilla.  When mafia that can be very dangerous to do because it attracts attention.

Also, as for Dap. I think Dap started the game as vanilla town and was gifted a role. That explains that he was vanilla and he had a limited use power. I also think he was day-vig'd because a mafia team that can kill during Day and Night is overpowered.

Blue you THINK dap was vanilla? it was right there in his coroners report.

Green Is there anything I have actually SAID that you think is scummy or is just that I havent been active enough for your liking?

Reda couple of guesses have been made at his meaning and even lenlo commented on it

re- blue. you're twisting what he said. re-read the bold

re-red. you do realize thats actually purple correct?

I just got done catching. up. Ithi is starting to ping me by being spammy with all the multiple gifs and such. I'm still getting the same scum vibe from Time.

you're not side stepping this Basel. why did you purposefully exaggerate the size of my post?

Red, I just went back and looked at your post. It contains eight quotes from previous posts, not counting quotes within quotes. (Yes, I counted.) So how exactly do you consider what I said to be an exaggeration? If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and takes up two entire screenfuls of text (and then some) like a duck, then it must be a duck.

And I just love how you somehow manage to work in that I exaggerated this purposefully, along with the bit about how I'm supposedly side-stepping. Misrepresentation of other people's posts is scummy. Should I add you to my scum list, or would you rather do it yourself?

yes it is exagerating. you're acting like my post was some huge post that took up half a page and was totaly too much to get through and was full of nonsense.

for referance, this *points at this post* is a WoT. your post makes it out like my post is bigger than what it is.

you want to say a misrepresentation of others posts is scummy, thats EXACTLY what you did to mine.

Hrm. Doubt I have 20 posts and I do have quite a few to catch up on. Will make an argument and a final vote before the deadline though. If I decide to change my vote anyways that is. Here's a funny thought for everyone (bear in mind I don't know if it's been brought up):

Any chance ithi and Len are on the same mafia team but are doing this to throw people off as much as possible? Ley may be in the mix as well, although I'd imagine only two of the 3 to be mafia if this was actually plausible.

Just putting it out there. After so much petty fighting back and forth back and forth the question needs to at least be raised.

Okay Dragonmount is totally messing up with the quotes, but I got two excerpts from Red's WoT here, answering the first above it because DM doesn't give me clean space in between the two. And it now says that about all quotes are mine.

With spamming, I just meant posting. Sorry if it sounds wrong to you. I'm a total Black Tower person, so for me "a lot of posting" = "spamming". And not going into every detail... Well, badly worded, I understand you didn't like the way I said it. It was more like, if I would start quoting posts that were not directly aimed at me, I'd end up having 40 quotes in one post, not to mention that most of the things I would say were already said, or I'd forget what I wanted to say. Don't think I'm going to ignore something scummy or related to me. Nor should you think I'm skimming. Even when I was mafia I have always read every single post. I don't see how mafia can think that's not needed...

up to page 29. lunch is over and back to work. i'll get a few jobs uploaded then come back and catch up some more

Wow... This game is that active that I have a hard time posting game-related things because 1) I'm asleep or at school when you're spamming 10 pages and 2) It's too much to be able to go at every detail.

By the way, vote Dap. He's that active it feels unnatural for me... I mean, he has a QUARTER of all posts made in this game on his own, and he's TOO relaxed to be natural too.

spamming 10 pages?? very little of this game has been spam, i dislike you belittling everything that has been said up until now with this statement.

too much to be abel to go into detail?! Maifa is a game of detials.

scummy ping is scummy

I'd say he was the one overreacting, with his "jumping in"...

Hrm. Doubt I have 20 posts and I do have quite a few to catch up on. Will make an argument and a final vote before the deadline though. If I decide to change my vote anyways that is. Here's a funny thought for everyone (bear in mind I don't know if it's been brought up):

Any chance ithi and Len are on the same mafia team but are doing this to throw people off as much as possible? Ley may be in the mix as well, although I'd imagine only two of the 3 to be mafia if this was actually plausible.

Just putting it out there. After so much petty fighting back and forth back and forth the question needs to at least be raised.

Do you think there is more than one Mafia Team? Why 'The Same' Mafia team? A different one to the one you are on perhaps?

But in answer to your question ... no, I'm not on the Mafia Team. Is always nice to see another little nudge to get people thinking that way about me though. Well done.

Yay the "quote" and "multiquote" buttons got removed.

@RTE: It's not likely to make a play which most likely ends in one of the team lynched as mafia team on Day 1. It's better to make such a play if, for example, one is under pressure and false claims cop. Then, if someone from his team starts bringing every small reason why he would be the liar and the other the real cop (because a cop will reveal if someone fakeclaims it), this person might be seen as (near-)confirmed townie.

I have posted way to little. I´m sorry for that. As many of you know, I have some computer problems which makes it hard to go back and look at old posts. (I don´t know how you that only uses your phones manages.) Hopefully the problem will be solved soon.

Also the people under 20 posts (not "the people alive" or "the people plus replacements", but "the people that have posted in this thread") are the following:

Basel 19

Mish 19

Roo 13

Rand 13

Tina 11

Tiinker 9

Niel 8

Kaylee 7

Cloud 6

I don't see myself on there; I don't believe I've made 20 posts, but that might be because I'm new to the game.  Do we need to have 20 posts before the end of the day or something?  I am looking forward to where this game is going!

I understand that it wouldn't make sense if they were on the same team. But there has been enough Mafia precedent for more than one team in a game and this is a big game. You just don't know at this point, crazy to think 40 pages in we are on day 1. Would be even more if Dap was still here, big loss for us that he got lynched.

That being said I feel the arguments have just gotten very petty. And bear in mind I'm almost legitimately over 100 posts behind right now. If that's not nitpicking and "spamming", yes, I said it given that it was mostly from 4 people, I'm not quite sure what is.

Yes, the activity is great. Is it relevant? I think even the involved can agree that things have been rather circular.

Hello to all the people who have been following the game most intently and now show up to post because they've been given a warning in this Thread by Darthe. It was just like magic.

2zhqzw2.gif

Here is the full run down for those of you on mobile

dapianoplay3r 121 Ithillian 112 Lenlo 62 Darthe 59 Leyrann 46 lolguy26 32 wheeloftime13 32 TGlems 30 dicetosser1 29 ReleaseTheEvil 28 Mawthtex 27 Red2111 27 Smiley73 22 Hallia 22 Turin Turambar 22 Song of Ice and Fire 21 bgrishinko 20 Basel Gill 19 Misheru Sedai 19 ruairidh7 13 RandA lThor 13 TinaHel 12 Tiinker 9 Niel an' Tyomn 8 Kaylee 7 _CLOUD 6

Also I just noticed that Darthe is now quoting me as his siggy lmao.

Do you think there is more than one Mafia Team? Why 'The Same' Mafia team? A different one to the one you are on perhaps?

But in answer to your question ... no, I'm not on the Mafia Team. Is always nice to see another little nudge to get people thinking that way about me though. Well done.

Interesting.

Archived