DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[ADVANCED] World War II Mafia: JAPAN WINS!

Basel Gill

I was doing a reread and remembered I wanted to comment on this:

Why are you accusing everyone and their mother of being a 3rd party?

I think Darthe is either Mafia or Jester because he seems to want himself lynched with those posts he made (really, that was a damn scummy post...), so he either is the Jester, or a Mafia acting like a Jester. I am thinking you are maybe a Lyncher because you seem to really want to get me lynched. And that's it. Only 2 people.

I would also like to know how Leyrann is so certain of Darthe being either mafia or jester.

How?

He can be 3 things:

Town/not Jester Third Party, which means he was suicidal with that post, don't you agree?

Mafia, which means he was trying to look like a Jester, so that we would ignore him all game if he was lucky.

Jester, which means he was trying to die to win.

Now, if we kill a Jester, we won't lose. If we ignore a Mafia, we WILL lose. And that's why I think he should be lynched. Of course, he can be a town, but if you make a post "I like how everyone is accusing me while I am town" or something along those lines. then you really want to die or to be regarded as a Jester. If he's a town indeed, it's his own fault he gets lynched. And everyone here can be either town, mafia or third party. However, for him, we actually have a reason to think he is Mafia, while we don't have for others, at least not such a strong case (or is making the first real case of the game a case for you? Because that's what you have done).

He could be vanilla town and as such decided to play boldy for reactions.  As it's been pointed out, this has been done in the past, successfully if I remember correctly.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scheveningen.

I just got back to work last night, but unfortunately any time I checked, DM was down. Sorry for the unannounced mini-loa.

So to answer questions about why I voted Leyrann instead of Darthe, I've noticed that Darthe has actually played this way a lot lately. Others already described the behavior, early claims or role hinting, antagonistic behavior, etc. It seems like that's his meta now. I consider it a bit too EPish for my taste, and I feel he is starting to do the same thing EP does in these circumstances: explain that his initial plan that involved him role hinting (which is stupid in almost any setup) had gone astray because of unforseen circumstances or something. Whether it's EP or Darthe doing these maneuvers, I consider it antitown behavior, which is why I brought it up. However, there are plenty of cases where antitown behavior doesn't automatically mean they're scum.

Darthe has done similar moves in two recent games, he pretended to slip in a Thak game when he was the bomb so that he could get a mafia to hammer him. It was a very risky move, but it worked so meh. When Ley heard someone else speculating on if Darthe was a bomb, Ley said that would be suicidal behavior. Uh.... that's kind of the point if you're the bomb, the only way your role can really benefit town is by dying, so logic fail on his part. The other game Darthe started off with similar cryptic hints and stuff, and he ended up being town there as well, but I think that move was more to kick start the game. Either way, it seems really odd to me that Rand keeps saying Darthe is way off his meta, and this seems a little strange to me as Darthe is acting much the same as he did in those other games. As I said before, this just seems to be his meta now. I say now cause I think it took him a little bit of time to develop it, and perhaps playing mafia on other sites as well.

I still don't like when he gets all preachy about telling others how to scumhunt. :dry:

As for Ley, he seemed more off to me at the time, plus I hadn't played with him in some time so I thought it would be a good change of pace to vote him instead of other peeps. Now that I have caught up again, I am more than happy with my vote on him. Throwing around all the third party accusations, jumping to the Jester conclusion really quickly (which is always a big ping for me, I really don't like when people throw out that card prematurely), laying out all sorts of wifom with "all" the possibilities regarding Darthe (note: not all mods let the game keep playing when a Jester wins. It's rare, but a mod may choose whether or not they want the game to instaend with the Jester's lynch or not).

So yeah, I def think a Ley lynch is the way to go today, but I'll prob follow up with more specific thoughts later on after audit

^

Doesn't like my methods.  Half acknowledges that they have been effective in each instance they were used so far.

Really, it amazes me that people can be so passive aggressive about all of this.  Drawing the conclusion that I am similar to EP, hah!  

I never said it was effective in the second circumstance. I said you ended up being town. The one where it did work, when you were the bomb, you got pretty lucky, as mafia almost always try to keep from hammering and Rand miscounted the votes. You could have easily taken out a townie.

As for comparison to EP-

Grandiose self-image? Check.

Antagonistic play? Check (and that's funny, coming from me :wink:)

Constantly attempting "big" plays to try and gain a powerful reputation? Check.

Relying pretty much only on OMGUS when said "big" play falters? Check.

I'm just posting this. Quotes are terribly messed up.

Anyone questioning why they should not go ahead and say Scheveningen for wombat is suspect in my book. It appears as an investigative tool for town. Mafia already know who is on their team. Anyone else is an enemy. So they don't need to know who is what. I don't think the ability has anything to do with theme. It is just the mechanism for the ability.

Or someone else can have a thing about not being allowed to say it, or Wombat may be mafia and he can find the role of one person who says it, or ... (just to name a few other options). Why do you want Wombat to seem town? Or Rand's Voodoo thing.

And again, a bit later:

TURIN

Rand, the word is scheveningen. have you actually posted it? If not please do so correctly.

Again I think that everyone should be stepping up to say scheveningen for Wombat. It is not that hard. 

DARTHE

See, I had this idea when we started the game.  It was risky but at the time it was profitable.  I offered information in exchange for acknowledgement because I wanted to know who would ask and who wouldn't.  Unfortunately, by the time some of you bothered to question me a bit the information that I have became significantly less valuable because of the actions of another player in the game.  However, my (in large part) silence has offered new opportunities to hunt down te mafiaz and so we proceed.  

That doesn't mean you shouldn't say what it is. We have a saying in Dutch (maybe in English too, I don't know): who says A, also has to say B.

As to what this game is about: it's about having fun and enjoying yourselves. Winning is not the important thing, having fun playing a game is.

DARTHE

Kill leyrann, he isn't helping the town.

Nice case  :dry:

As to Leysan, I do not know him/her. His post about the possibilities with a jester doesn't seem suspicious to me, because it's the kind of post I would make as well, and it handled ideas I had.

*rages*

DM apparently just ate my giant multi-quote list. *sigh* Alright, going to redo it, but I'll get this out of the way: Unvote, vote Ley it's obvious what is going on, you're just being bad scum/obtuse.

However, HoS on Darthe, and am completely willing to move my vote to him.

*rages*

DM apparently just ate my giant multi-quote list. *sigh* Alright, going to redo it, but I'll get this out of the way: Unvote, vote Ley it's obvious what is going on, you're just being bad scum/obtuse.

However, HoS on Darthe, and am completely willing to move my vote to him.

HoS? Hand of Suspicion?

1011235153_1348182042.jpg

Btw, wtf is up with the "Image" button? When I press it it just freezes the page in twilight mode style

Why on earth would you need to use 17 Quotes?

Perhaps Wombat should have asked people to post the word 'succint' instead lol.

Well...prob 3 of them were things that made me lol. (No, I'm not talking to you, lol :wink:)

The rest either pinged me or I wanted to comment on. *shrugs*

Rand, the word is scheveningen. have you actually posted it? If not please do so correctly.

Darthe, maybe if I phrase it in the form of a question... What is your potentially helpful to town info?

Maw, are you still voting Darthe? your last post seems to be more in support of his being town. 

Despo, Where you at?

Again I think that everyone should be stepping up to say scheveningen for Wombat. It is not that hard. 

I refuse on the basis that it seems illogical and useless to me, which irks me personally, and I see no reason why this helps, or why you and Wombat drive this so hard

Darthe, maybe if I phrase it in the form of a question... What is your potentially helpful to town info?

Maw, are you still voting Darthe? your last post seems to be more in support of his being town. 

Despo, Where you at?

I refuse on the basis that it seems illogical and useless to me, which irks me personally, and I see no reason why this helps, or why you and Wombat drive this so hard

....really? It seems almost blatantly obvious...unless it's a con :huh:

Despo, Where you at?

....really? It seems almost blatantly obvious...unless it's a con :huh:

well it works in RL, what with hearing people pronounce the letters, but here it makes no difference because I can't hear how you say it, and it's not like the mafia wouldn't be able to say it, as Ley said, other words could have been similarly used, or were actually used in that time and the bad guys were still able to say the word, just strangely

Hi, sorry, I'm back!

I haven't posted in any of my mafia games for the last couple of days, cloud thingy was freezing me every time I clicked on anything, so the only thing I've been any good for the last couple of days has been RPs and the odd SG post.

Aaaanyway...I don't want to say the word. Two reasons: I suspect Womby of just conning everyone into saying it for some diabolical reason, but I was going to say it anyway, the second reason is the main one: Turin's pushing it like crazy. Why? Is he involved with Wombat in some way? I'm not going to ask Womby to tell us why instead of incessantly hinting, but I will ask Turin to tell me why he's pushing it so hard.

Ley is suspicious to me only due to the jump to Jester. That was a bit too obscure for me, and the big push on Darthe. 

Darthe is over-aggressive as per usual, but he seems especially mean in this game. However, the main things bugging me are the lack of casing or defending himself. All he's done this game is make snarky comments, hint at his role and then post a little rant about how to play mafia, followed by a reasonless vote and absolutely no actual play. If you're going to rant about something, then do try not to be hypocritical about it.

Time - you have posted a lot but doesn´t really say anything or vote. Why is that? Are you on the same team as Thorum?

Some thoughts after reading the thread:

For some reason I mix up Ley and Rand. I don´t know why. This will be a tough game. I really don´t like when people start to talk about jesters early in the games. There are always aggressive players or players that plays weird or players that play really bad - that doesn´t mean that they are jesters.

Scheveningen. I agree that people who refuses to say it looks scummy. Wombat may bluff but refusing to say it is still scummy.

Ithi - gets suspicious of people that agrees with her. Of course people will think the same, especially this early in the game when there is not much to react to. (Well, now it is.) It sounds like she just threw out that comment - trying to just look town? Usually she is one of the leading voices but not so much this time. Feels like she is lying low. She is not high on my FoS list but just wanted to comment on it.

Darthe - annoying. First he has good information that is good for town but now he will not share. I don´t understand it. And the little "how to play" - speech. Why? I think people do their best. If I should only use logic then I wouldn´t be able to play at all. I´m not that smart.

And since I´m not that smart - what was that symbol, Maw?

Suspects: Thorum, Time, Ley, Rand.

I suspected Thorum ever since his first post and he has done nothing to change my mind.

Time - you have posted a lot but doesn´t really say anything or vote. Why is that? Are you on the same team as Thorum?

Some thoughts after reading the thread:

For some reason I mix up Ley and Rand. I don´t know why. This will be a tough game. I really don´t like when people start to talk about jesters early in the games. There are always aggressive players or players that plays weird or players that play really bad - that doesn´t mean that they are jesters.

Scheveningen. I agree that people who refuses to say it looks scummy. Wombat may bluff but refusing to say it is still scummy.

Ithi - gets suspicious of people that agrees with her. Of course people will think the same, especially this early in the game when there is not much to react to. (Well, now it is.) It sounds like she just threw out that comment - trying to just look town? Usually she is one of the leading voices but not so much this time. Feels like she is lying low. She is not high on my FoS list but just wanted to comment on it.

Darthe - annoying. First he has good information that is good for town but now he will not share. I don´t understand it. And the little "how to play" - speech. Why? I think people do their best. If I should only use logic then I wouldn´t be able to play at all. I´m not that smart.

And since I´m not that smart - what was that symbol, Maw?

Suspects: Thorum, Time, Ley, Rand.

I suspected Thorum ever since his first post and he has done nothing to change my mind.

Archived