DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[ADVANCED] World War II Mafia: JAPAN WINS!

Basel Gill

Relax brah, no yelling just offering different options.  I like the crowd here, I simply question the methodology.  This is still my home base, but should I be cast aside for attempting to influence the metagame?

I would appreciate it if you would influence it in a way that does not sound like you're calling everyone here idiots, is all i'm saying.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Relax brah, no yelling just offering different options. I like the crowd here, I simply question the methodology. This is still my home base, but should I be cast aside for attempting to influence the metagame?

I would appreciate it if you would influence it in a way that does not sound like you're calling everyone here idiots, is all i'm saying.

i got no such feeling from anything Darthe has said.

@Starry:  Oh, ok, my bad. I take that comment back.

@Time: I was referring to the post before me, nothing on mine, but don't worry, you're not exactly a focus of mine right now.

Anyway, I didn't actually have an inconsistency. Well, not as big a one as you seem to be making out. I said that there were two reasons for me to not want to say the word as you guys highlighted, however, I stated that my more worrying point was Turin's push, which no-one has commented on at all.

I said I suspected Womby of maybe being diabolical, naming a possibility, but I also said, same sentence, that I was going to post the word anyway. Implied subtext here is 'because I don't regard this as a likely enough possibility for me to not say it'. I love how everyone ignored that part of my sentence. Next time I'll spell it out.

Next post when pushed, I expanded on that, saying I was getting a town-read from Womby.

If I had said in the first post that I was sure that Womby was diabolical and that was why I wasn't saying the word, and then in the next post said that he was town, I could understand your confusion, but I didn't.

Also Darthe, thanks for the explanation. Good luck with that thesis.

@Starry:  Oh, ok, my bad. I take that comment back.

@Time: I was referring to the post before me, nothing on mine, but don't worry, you're not exactly a focus of mine right now.

Anyway, I didn't actually have an inconsistency. Well, not as big a one as you seem to be making out. I said that there were two reasons for me to not want to say the word as you guys highlighted, however, I stated that my more worrying point was Turin's push, which no-one has commented on at all.

I said I suspected Womby of maybe being diabolical, naming a possibility, but I also said, same sentence, that I was going to post the word anyway. Implied subtext here is 'because I don't regard this as a likely enough possibility for me to not say it'. I love how everyone ignored that part of my sentence. Next time I'll spell it out.

Next post when pushed, I expanded on that, saying I was getting a town-read from Womby.

If I had said in the first post that I was sure that Womby was diabolical and that was why I wasn't saying the word, and then in the next post said that he was town, I could understand your confusion, but I didn't.

Also Darthe, thanks for the explanation. Good luck with that thesis.

And new replies, ok.

Aaaanyway, the end of that post was supposed to be, Scheveningen.

Unfortunately, enough people have said it that it doesn't matter what the word's job is, and I'm only singling myself out for not saying it, and that's never a good thing for anyone in mafia. Also, at this stage I'm more likely to get lynched than get a response from Turin, so not saying it anymore has lost its value.

And in case that is the trigger for a lie detector:

I am town.

I hate mutliquoted multiquotes. It's like when I had to do my dissertation all those years ago - you couldn't say anything without quoting something that someone else had said first, to back up your argument. It's like having an original thought was bad.

And now all I see is repeated utra-multiquotes in mafia. Do people really think that they HAVE to do it to be taken seriously. I much prefer to take things in as they happen and file it all in my memory - that way it's all together and I can see when various little things just don't fit right.

Perhaps it's because I've never had the multiquote action, but it just seems like a lot of filler to me. Especially the re-re-re-requoted multi posts. Just say what you mean!!

There are def times when it makes it easier to see a reference point when responding to someone, they'll have a clearer idea of what you're talking about. But that doesn't mean people can't or shouldn't trim down quotes in multiquote postings. It suddenly becomes harder to read and understand what the person is responding to when the quote block includes several diff paragraphs.

Watch, I'll trim a quote wall right now:

Seeing as I don't know how to quote multiple things from different pages, I'm going to have to go with seperate posts...

In response to the bolded part, I'm a member of the Allies. As for voting, it's because I'm waiting to see how things pan out, if I feel extremely strong about someone being mafia, I'll vote for them. However, nobody is making me feel that way as of right now, although some are close.

If you're on a computer, there's a "multiquote" button after each post, simply click that button for every post you want to quote, then click the "reply to (X amount of posts) posts" button

There's another reason I'm quoting this excerpt btw. More on that some other time.

@ Lenlo, why should your opinion of my casework matter? You have yet to contribute to this game, which is anti-town, and seem only to pop up to prod at others and defend yourself. Literally every post you made up to that point was quoted and you have no grounds to hide behind or speak on. Instead of trying to taunt me, if you are town why don't you give us a reason that you should live.

I'm not trying to taunt you Darthe, they are serious things. To quote you "You seem upset. I feel better about my words.".

Yet to contribute to the game, so anti town... I call my vote, my voice and these responses contributing so this is moot. Especially if you go back and look at your post on Starry((? Can't check who exactly right now. Maybe Falcon)) you'll see they have yet to "contribute as we'll yet you call that a null tell on them. Be consistent.

I claim this land in the name of the Spanish Inquisition! I now have speaking grounds.

Finally my defense is I'm town. Go ahead a check me with whatever you want. Questions, Womby, anything. It will all say the exact same thing I'm saying right now. I'm town.

Why are you being so deliberately obtuse Lennish? Wombat never claimed LD, or Cop, or any specific role. All he did was hint at a sort of investigative role, which apparently relies on that SPECIFIC word to be posted.

Really, all you're doing is ensuring that eventually town will lynch you with this kind of behavior.

THERE! Yall happy?! One wot-ish post from me :dry:

Really tho, I just wasn't in the mood to do a big reread yet last night. As for Ithi, I never really saw you mention a lot of reasons for suspecting why I am mafia. I addressed what I felt was relevant, why I had chosen to vote Ley instead of Darthe, and that didn't require a ton of quotes. That didn't do anything for you?

So far my top suspects are Ley, Lenlo, Thorum, Bard Babe, and Smiley.

After audit I'll try to get more specific cases on some of those. For now tho I haven't seen anything to change my mind about voting Ley. Although I am suspicious of Bard Babe as well, I think the train on her developed a little too quickly and helped stall out the train on Ley. Which makes Ley an even better lynch today as we have had a couple of people defend him outright, as well as BG possibly defending him by starting the train on BB.

So I've been reading through more, and since this is a game of logic, i want to understand something:

This word most of us have said, what possible role could benefit from everyone saying it? More specifically, who could benefit from asking everyone to say it and not paint a big target on themselves for mafia? If Town has a role that benefits from us all saying that, I understand they could trust a doc to protect them, but why be so obvious about it? If it's a mafia role that gains something from us saying it, they wouldn't want to draw that much attention either. 

I'm not familiar with Jester, but if I understand the context, the Jester wins if they're lynched? Seems to me this would be a play from someone looking to die. I could be way off, but it seems the motivation behind this could be central. 

If anyone has some additional insight or some answers to the above, I'd love to hear it

The important thing isn't what type of role Wombat has, but making sure we all say the word so that Wombat can do w/e he feels necessary when it comes time to use his role.

As I said before, it's pretty much the same thing as a Lie Detector revealing and asking for everyone to say that they're town so that he/she can check whoever they want to that night

Eh, wasn't really saying you were being dangerous. Every game I've played so far has introduced me to new roles and abilities.

I will say that since it seems like the majority of people have said it, I now understand a bit of why it's suspicious not to. Gonna have to update that list posted a few pages back and see who is left

Ley is a far better choice to me.  BB just doesn't strike me as anti-town comparatively.  This is, however, a drunk read on a person that I have yet to do an ISO on so we will see how that changes once I get to it tomorrow (my first fully free day in 5 months)!

Someone mentioned silvertounge, right? I can´t seem to find it.

silver-tongue being Turin for possibly buddying up to Wombat to attach himself to a town image to deflect attention from himself and look like a Townie supporting Town actions while actually being a Mafia looking for a place to hide

At least that's the argument against him

Someone mentioned silvertounge, right? I can´t seem to find it.

silver-tongue being Turin for possibly buddying up to Wombat to attach himself to a town image to deflect attention from himself and look like a Townie supporting Town actions while actually being a Mafia looking for a place to hide

At least that's the argument against him

From what I know of Turin in play, he's a little more crafty than this. Forming any sort of alliance or "buddying" so early can be disastrous (i would know), so I don't think that's the case here.

Well, you asked about risk and reward so I gave you my assessment on those.

I like that you are thinking about intent behind actions. That is good play. Intent and effect are very important when gauging the meaning of a post.

Fortunately, that's just my brain working as it does IRL, too. 

Archived