DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[ADVANCED] World War II Mafia: JAPAN WINS!

Basel Gill

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the first for you then:

Lenlo: Total posts, 11.

P.1

1. Woooooow Basel.

>.>

Thats funny.

2. *Kicks Maw into a pit*

3. Are we naming names and pointing fingers here Turin? Or just assigning tasks? Is cool though. Im not out in the front lines so I wont get shot. Often anyways. I hope. Please dont shoot me.

._.

P. 3

4. vote Rand

Sauron was weak! He didnt deserve to go to the last battle!

Though both of them put all their points into one element and just spam the crap out of it. >.> Im lookin at you two bums!

Also since Ley is green I feel obligated to pick a color as well. How about... blue?

P. 9

5. Ithillian, on 03 Dec 2012 - 15:05, said:

Who knew the Hague had a nudist section. Apparently it's also a name for a variation of the Sicilian defence in Chess. One should never mess with sicillians!!

At least not when death is on the line, no.

Also I refuse to say that word. Silly nudists.

P. 10

6. Question: Since this is a WW2 setup, would there be anyone would could fit the role of a Jester? I mean there are alot of things and people who would fit roles perfectly. Would anyone fit Jester? I agree with Ley though the pros out weigh the cons of lynching Darthe.

Vote Darthe

What else do you think there  could be with this theme?

7. Wombat, why are you so focused on getting us to say that word? At this point I cant help but think that you have a power that only works on those who say that word and I dont want to say it until I know what it is.

Call it paranoia but I dont care.

8. Were? Because I must have missed it then.

9. I still dont trust this.

Scheveningen

P. 11

10. Leave my mother out if this! She's a nice lady! 

P. 12

11. Darthe, on 04 Dec 2012 - 18:37, said:

See, I had this idea when we started the game.  It was risky but at the time it was profitable.  I offered information in exchange for acknowledgement because I wanted to know who would ask and who wouldn't.  Unfortunately, by the time some of you bothered to question me a bit the information that I have became significantly less valuable because of the actions of another player in the game.  However, my (in large part) silence has offered new opportunities to hunt down te mafiaz and so we proceed.  

I would like to take a moment to remind you all that mafia is a game of logic and reasoning.  A lot of the things done either by tradition, rote, or superstition on DM, things that have been built up by long time and your personal relationships with each other, are stupid.  Completely.  In order to find mafia we need to eliminate who those individual could not be as much as we need to mark who they could be.  AKA, you can clear people based on their actions alone, though the thought seems taboo to many here.  These long speeches and cases that have little impact are simple filler material.  A game could have been over in 12-20 pages and yet we still bicker wistfully over things that are by and large irrelevant.  Trust your gut, trust your logic.  If either is faulty share it anyhow.  If both are leading you in the same direction then push it.  Find townies as much as you find mafia.  Cause if we outnumber them we win.

Kill leyrann, he isn't helping the town.

Thank for you putting the purpose and basics of mafia into a single speech and then pointing at one person without giving a single reason as to why we should vote them?

Really. Give me a case, give me something to work with that proves you are right instead of just saying "I dont think hes helping, lynch him." because I could say the same for you right now. You say trust your gut, well thats what im doing right now.

Lenlo: Total posts, 11.

P.1

1. Woooooow Basel.

>.>

Thats funny.

2. *Kicks Maw into a pit*

3. Are we naming names and pointing fingers here Turin? Or just assigning tasks? Is cool though. Im not out in the front lines so I wont get shot. Often anyways. I hope. Please dont shoot me.

._.

P. 3

4. vote Rand

Sauron was weak! He didnt deserve to go to the last battle!

Though both of them put all their points into one element and just spam the crap out of it. >.> Im lookin at you two bums!

Also since Ley is green I feel obligated to pick a color as well. How about... blue?

P. 9

5. Ithillian, on 03 Dec 2012 - 15:05, said:

Who knew the Hague had a nudist section. Apparently it's also a name for a variation of the Sicilian defence in Chess. One should never mess with sicillians!!

At least not when death is on the line, no.

Also I refuse to say that word. Silly nudists.

P. 10

6. Question: Since this is a WW2 setup, would there be anyone would could fit the role of a Jester? I mean there are alot of things and people who would fit roles perfectly. Would anyone fit Jester? I agree with Ley though the pros out weigh the cons of lynching Darthe.

Vote Darthe

7. Wombat, why are you so focused on getting us to say that word? At this point I cant help but think that you have a power that only works on those who say that word and I dont want to say it until I know what it is.

Call it paranoia but I dont care.

8. Were? Because I must have missed it then.

9. I still dont trust this.

Scheveningen

P. 11

10. Leave my mother out if this! She's a nice lady! 

P. 12

11. Darthe, on 04 Dec 2012 - 18:37, said:

See, I had this idea when we started the game.  It was risky but at the time it was profitable.  I offered information in exchange for acknowledgement because I wanted to know who would ask and who wouldn't.  Unfortunately, by the time some of you bothered to question me a bit the information that I have became significantly less valuable because of the actions of another player in the game.  However, my (in large part) silence has offered new opportunities to hunt down te mafiaz and so we proceed.  

I would like to take a moment to remind you all that mafia is a game of logic and reasoning.  A lot of the things done either by tradition, rote, or superstition on DM, things that have been built up by long time and your personal relationships with each other, are stupid.  Completely.  In order to find mafia we need to eliminate who those individual could not be as much as we need to mark who they could be.  AKA, you can clear people based on their actions alone, though the thought seems taboo to many here.  These long speeches and cases that have little impact are simple filler material.  A game could have been over in 12-20 pages and yet we still bicker wistfully over things that are by and large irrelevant.  Trust your gut, trust your logic.  If either is faulty share it anyhow.  If both are leading you in the same direction then push it.  Find townies as much as you find mafia.  Cause if we outnumber them we win.

Thank for you putting the purpose and basics of mafia into a single speech and then pointing at one person without giving a single reason as to why we should vote them?

Really. Give me a case, give me something to work with that proves you are right instead of just saying "I dont think hes helping, lynch him." because I could say the same for you right now. You say trust your gut, well thats what im doing right now.

My thoughts:

My take on Lenlo is surprising because I did not suspect him until I did this.  However, he has a total of 11 posts in this game so far and all of them hurt the town.  We see a couple of weak arguments with me and WWWombat and a bunch of spam.  My judgement of his play style: antitown.  Len is a liability at this point.

My stuff in bold.

I'm replying to (I think) 11 quotes here, so be prepared.

I found you the scummiest because your whole post voting Darthe was heavy-handed WIFOM and fluff.  That being said, I also find Starrik, Lenlo, and some of the others who have been saying Darthe is off to be scummy.  And the fact that you don't want to utter my shibboleth should be quite disturbing to all townies.

I didn't want to say that word because I saw no reason to. (and as Ithi said above, I can be quite stubborn)

Yes, yes you can, and its certainly not going to help the town.

I must say that I'm thinking much the same as ley here, but I'm not sure about voting yet, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a similar role where the hammer voter gets killed? So yeah, some risk involved, not to mention the ley's argument above (where he did miss the possibility that Darth was a vanilla town acting as a Joker - unlikely, but then again  that's how WIFOMs work, right?)

A Townie doing this would be suiciding.

Question: Since this is a WW2 setup, would there be anyone would could fit the role of a Jester? I mean there are alot of things and people who would fit roles perfectly. Would anyone fit Jester? I agree with Ley though the pros out weigh the cons of lynching Darthe.

Vote Darthe

Thought about that too, but I forgot when making my case...

I love when people have cases on me yet I happen to be town =).  

I started thinking a bit about this yesterday evening, and I'd have posted my case yesterday already if DM hadn't been down again.

So, what is this behavior?

1) It's really suspicious. A Townie wouldn't do it because people would suspect him to be Mafia, and a Mafia wouldn't do it because people would suspect him for it. The same for -most- Third Parties. And that's where we get to point 2.

2) He is maybe a Jester, a Third Party that wins if Lynched. This is the only way his behaviour would be positive for him, and as people have said, he knows the game, so he'll know that posts like this one have a big chance of getting him lynched.

HOWEVER, he also knows that we also know the game. I remember when a Jester was found, and everyone just ignored him further on (or was it her? I don't remember...). He could also be a Mafia, acting as a Jester, so that noone would vote him.

Now, there are four things that can happen:

1. He is Jester, and we don't lynch him. Outcome: Jester loses.

2. He is Jester and we lynch him. Outcome: Jester wins.

3. He is Mafia and we don't lynch him. Outcome: Mafia wins.

4. He is Mafia and we lynch him. Outcome: We get a Mafia killed on D1.

I'd say it's worth the chance of catching a Jester.

[color=#ff0000]vote Darthe[/color]

What a bunch of over-explained WIFOM crap.  Combine this with your reluctance to utter the word "Scheveningen" despite the fact that you seem to know what I am getting at, and I think we have found scum.

unvote

Vote: Leyrann

This really made me ROFLMFAO. What's wrong with me not saying that word? You can add me on Skype and I'll say it to you if you want. But I won't post it here. You're trying to get somewhere, and until I know you are town, I WILL NOT say that word. I think I remember some roles that include words being said, and I'm not sure they are all town aligned, nor do I feel like digging through the mafia wiki for that.

Also, please give me a decent reason to vote me. I wasn't WIFOMing, I know we have either a Jester or a Mafia, and it is clear that it's better to have a Jester killed (because a Jester doesn't give us any disadvancement by dying, except that he stops trying to die before the Mafia or Town wins) than a Mafia not killed (as he'd kill us one by one).

You don't *know* anything. You may be 100% sure of it, but that still doesn't mean its correct.

Why are you accusing everyone and their mother of being a 3rd party?

I think Darthe is either Mafia or Jester because he seems to want himself lynched with those posts he made (really, that was a damn scummy post...), so he either is the Jester, or a Mafia acting like a Jester. I am thinking you are maybe a Lyncher because you seem to really want to get me lynched. And that's it. Only 2 people.

I would also like to know how Leyrann is so certain of Darthe being either mafia or jester.

How?

He can be 3 things:

Town/not Jester Third Party, which means he was suicidal with that post, don't you agree?

Mafia, which means he was trying to look like a Jester, so that we would ignore him all game if he was lucky.

Jester, which means he was trying to die to win.

Now, if we kill a Jester, we won't lose. If we ignore a Mafia, we WILL lose. And that's why I think he should be lynched. Of course, he can be a town, but if you make a post "I like how everyone is accusing me while I am town" or something along those lines. then you really want to die or to be regarded as a Jester. If he's a town indeed, it's his own fault he gets lynched. And everyone here can be either town, mafia or third party. However, for him, we actually have a reason to think he is Mafia, while we don't have for others, at least not such a strong case (or is making the first real case of the game a case for you? Because that's what you have done).

Darthe's play seems very similar to his play last game, imo. Early hinting, antagonistic, semi-scummy. He turned out to be Town in that game. Not saying that he is this game too, but something to keep in mind.

Answer to first question: Have a look at the second quote you made. It explains it. Second part of this post: I just really didn't understand what he was doing, but the more I read today, the more I got convinced it is indeed a bit his playstyle. Will not put my unvote here, but at the bottom of my post, to make it easier.

Vote Leyrann

@Ithi - The only two people talking back and forth might be a result of wonky DM, so that's null to me.

I think that Darthe likes to play things dangerous and lives on the edge a lot. He's usually quite antagonistic and semi-scummy in someone's eye whether town or mafia.

However, my vote on you isn't about that, but your refusal to answer Wombat's secret word. I don't see any way that a mafia person would have power to use that word in a negative way given the theme.

Also willing to vote Despo for his vote inconsistency not matching with his reasonings.

And THAT'S what I needed. A reason to say that word. Scheveningen. Wombat just straight out kept refusing to explain why to say it...

So, again.

Scheveningen.

I need to spell it out?

S c h e v e n i n g e n

I find this a wierd reason to finally cave in. You didn't have enough with wombat's site, the recitations that it was a town word, and the people pointing out that at this point, resisting it just made you stand out more?

Scheveningen

Also, it appears I can now get online. Ley, I can understand thinking he might be a jester, I also wondered that. Your argument about Wombat being unlyncher seems a stretch though.

I know it was a bit a stretch... I think it also was a bit because I've been away from Mafia so long, and it felt like a rather weak case... Though, a thought that just occured to me, maybe Wombat has a role that he can investigate everyone who's said scheveningen, which would give him a good reason to push me.

I would like to take a moment to remind you all that mafia is a game of logic and reasoning.  A lot of the things done either by tradition, rote, or superstition on DM, things that have been built up by long time and your personal relationships with each other, are stupid.  Completely.  In order to find mafia we need to eliminate who those individual could not be as much as we need to mark who they could be.  AKA, you can clear people based on their actions alone, though the thought seems taboo to many here.  These long speeches and cases that have little impact are simple filler material.  A game could have been over in 12-20 pages and yet we still bicker wistfully over things that are by and large irrelevant.  Trust your gut, trust your logic.  If either is faulty share it anyhow.  If both are leading you in the same direction then push it.  Find townies as much as you find mafia.  Cause if we outnumber them we win.

Nice reasoning. It's that BG made an excellent case, or I wouldn't have unvoted you. Mostly becuase of this post you are still high on my list of very suspicous people.

How is Ley being overaggressive?

Making the first case of the game is always seen as agressive...

How is Ley being overaggressive?

He's going in very, very hard on darthe without allowing any possibility whatsoever that he might not be scum. Also pointing third-party fingers at everybody and their mother.

At everybody? 1-2 people =/= everybody. Darthe was only a possibility, as I said (if I had been sure he was the Jester, I'd have ignored him), and as you can read above, I take back what I said about Wombat.

You were still pushing it bloody hard for a 'possibility'. I don't like the fact that you're trying to back out of it after being so gung-ho.

*rages*

DM apparently just ate my giant multi-quote list. *sigh* Alright, going to redo it, but I'll get this out of the way: Unvote, vote Ley it's obvious what is going on, you're just being bad scum/obtuse.

However, HoS on Darthe, and am completely willing to move my vote to him.

Dat bandwagoning...

Argh, double posts from everyone!!! Silly DM...

Refusing to say it is not scummy. If he was confirmed town, then yeah, it would be scummy, but he's not, he just says he is. However, that's just a principle thing, because as I said, I think Womby's town.

Anyway, you're right about the context which I've now read up on, it's a town-positive word, so I just wanna hear a response from Turin so I can figure out why I think they're connected. Then I'll say it. Unless they strike me as scummates, but that's a small possibility.

Also, before someone said something about Starry echoing the Darthe acting off thing. He was the first one to mention that I'm pretty sure, so that case at least wasn't echoing. The others were.

Time has been pinging me for some reason, that might explain why.

Anyway, thought about it a bit more:

Unfortunately, Darthe's snarkyness and hypocrisy is annoying, but I'm getting a town read, so he's a no vote.

Currently Ley has my vote for jumping straight to Jester and pushing it really hard. Sure, he could be a Jester, but there are several outcomes where he isn't, which are getting ignored.

Vote Ley

(The colour text thing is blank...)

Pushing it really hard? Ignoring outcomes where he's not a Jester? Yes, yes you were.

1) I only explained my reasoning once or twice when Wombat started arguing with me, that's not pushing.

2) I said he was maybe a Mafia, which was the reason to vote him, NOT because he was a Jester. I don't vote people who I think are most likely a Jester.

Also, I don't remember who said it, but I don't expect the game to end when the Jester is killed. That is just not a fun game, as it most likely ends on D1 or D2. I do know for sure I'd hate a Mod for doing that.

Warning! Warning! Scum Alert! Scum Alert!

For more information: Please see Bolded Below.

Hi, sorry, I'm back!

I haven't posted in any of my mafia games for the last couple of days, cloud thingy was freezing me every time I clicked on anything, so the only thing I've been any good for the last couple of days has been RPs and the odd SG post.

Aaaanyway...I don't want to say the word. Two reasons: I suspect Womby of just conning everyone into saying it for some diabolical reason, but I was going to say it anyway, the second reason is the main one: Turin's pushing it like crazy. Why? Is he involved with Wombat in some way? I'm not going to ask Womby to tell us why instead of incessantly hinting, but I will ask Turin to tell me why he's pushing it so hard.

Ley is suspicious to me only due to the jump to Jester. That was a bit too obscure for me, and the big push on Darthe. 

Darthe is over-aggressive as per usual, but he seems especially mean in this game. However, the main things bugging me are the lack of casing or defending himself. All he's done this game is make snarky comments, hint at his role and then post a little rant about how to play mafia, followed by a reasonless vote and absolutely no actual play. If you're going to rant about something, then do try not to be hypocritical about it.

Argh, double posts from everyone!!! Silly DM...

Refusing to say it is not scummy. If he was confirmed town, then yeah, it would be scummy, but he's not, he just says he is. However, that's just a principle thing, because as I said, I think Womby's town.

Anyway, you're right about the context which I've now read up on, it's a town-positive word, so I just wanna hear a response from Turin so I can figure out why I think they're connected. Then I'll say it. Unless they strike me as scummates, but that's a small possibility.

Also, before someone said something about Starry echoing the Darthe acting off thing. He was the first one to mention that I'm pretty sure, so that case at least wasn't echoing. The others were.

Time has been pinging me for some reason, that might explain why.

Anyway, thought about it a bit more:

Unfortunately, Darthe's snarkyness and hypocrisy is annoying, but I'm getting a town read, so he's a no vote.

Currently Ley has my vote for jumping straight to Jester and pushing it really hard. Sure, he could be a Jester, but there are several outcomes where he isn't, which are getting ignored.

Vote Ley

(The colour text thing is blank...)

Unvote: Vote Bard Babe

Inconsistent read and reasoning on Wombat, trying to info dig, wording arguments in a way that leaves an escape route: "It's a pro-town word, I'll say it if Turin tells me why he wants me to... unless I don't want to."

Straight out contradicting itself. Best case in the game so far.

unvote, vote Bard Babe

I have to admit thats a damning slip, but I still really don't trust you. So i'm going to UNVOTE VOTE LEY with a large FoS at bardy.

You don't *know* anything. You may be 100% sure of it, but that still doesn't mean its correct.

Leyrann, on 04 Dec 2012 - 14:34, said:snapback.png

WWWwombat, on 04 Dec 2012 - 13:35, said:snapback.png

I think Darthe is either Mafia or Jester because he seems to want himself lynched with those posts he made (really, that was a damn scummy post...), so he either is the Jester, or a Mafia acting like a Jester. I am thinking you are maybe a Lyncher because you seem to really want to get me lynched. And that's it. Only 2 people.

WWWwombat, on 04 Dec 2012 - 13:42, said:snapback.png

I would also like to know how Leyrann is so certain of Darthe being either mafia or jester.

How?

He can be 3 things:

Town/not Jester Third Party, which means he was suicidal with that post, don't you agree?

Mafia, which means he was trying to look like a Jester, so that we would ignore him all game if he was lucky.

Now, if we kill a Jester, we won't lose. If we ignore a Mafia, we WILL lose. And that's why I think he should be lynched. Of course, he can be a town, but if you make a post "I like how everyone is accusing me while I am town" or something along those lines. then you really want to die or to be regarded as a Jester. If he's a town indeed, it's his own fault he gets lynched. And everyone here can be either town, mafia or third party. However, for him, we actually have a reason to think he is Mafia, while we don't have for others, at least not such a strong case (or is making the first real case of the game a case for you? Because that's what you have done).

Darthe's play seems very similar to his play last game, imo. Early hinting, antagonistic, semi-scummy. He turned out to be Town in that game. Not saying that he is this game too, but something to keep in mind.

Answer to first question: Have a look at the second quote you made. It explains it. Second part of this post: I just really didn't understand what he was doing, but the more I read today, the more I got convinced it is indeed a bit his playstyle.

Forgot this. No, your second post exacerbates it. You still don't 'know' that he's mafia or jester. (Unless of course you're mafia as well.) Your second post even states as much by listing townie as an option (and then immediately dismissing it, but still). Again, you were pretty damn gung-ho about darthe, and now that you got burned you're backing out from it.

Mostly semantics, but semantics are important. Especially in mafia.

Leyrann, on 04 Dec 2012 - 14:34, said:snapback.png

WWWwombat, on 04 Dec 2012 - 13:35, said:snapback.png

WWWwombat, on 04 Dec 2012 - 13:42, said:snapback.png

How?

He can be 3 things:

Answer to first question: Have a look at the second quote you made. It explains it. Second part of this post: I just really didn't understand what he was doing, but the more I read today, the more I got convinced it is indeed a bit his playstyle.

Forgot this. No, your second post exacerbates it. You still don't 'know' that he's mafia or jester. (Unless of course you're mafia as well.) Your second post even states as much by listing townie as an option (and then immediately dismissing it, but still). Again, you were pretty damn gung-ho about darthe, and now that you got burned you're backing out from it.

Mostly semantics, but semantics are important. Especially in mafia.

Copied and reformatted to be easier to read.

wheeloftime13: Total Posts, 14 (according to DM, I found 15)

Page 1

1. Hello 

2. Hello 

Page 2

3. ..... I lived in Pearl Harbor and was there when they shot the movie, it was really cool watching the planes flying around

Page 3

4. Ithi, that's so cute! Is he yours?

5. RTE... make sure that you don't edit your posts

Page 4

6. wow

7. RTE... make sure that you don't edit your posts

Page 5

8. no, it's good... I did that my first game, too...

9. .... the taint... it's too much!!!

naw, just kidding...

Page 7

10. I'll say that I think Day 1 is mainly about experimenting and it is in no way "useless" just because we may accidentally lynch a town memeber. there are plenty of good games where we lynch mafia on the first day, and get good feelings on who our teammates are.

Page 8

11. What does that mean if you don't mind my asking?

Page 9

12. Interesting word....

13.  the place sounds pretty enough, though....

Page 12

14. Darthe, how do you know that Ley isn't helping town? Please share...

15. Scheveningen

is it pronounced with spittle?

-----------------

My thoughts:  This person isn't really playing.  Their is no effort here, more coasting by than anything.  We do not even see many votes or actions in relationship to other players.  While most would say that this is null, I consider it a liability.  We cannot make effective decisions about WoT so currently WoT cannot be allowed to live to endgame for the WIFOM that it creates.  Please step your game up.

Random has not said it yet

Falcon has not said it yet

BB obviously has not said it.

Darthe did not say it

Smiley has not said it.

Random and Falcon have been inactive.  BB has already said she will not say it.  Smiley we are still trying to convince.  Darthe I am unsure of.

For Smiley:  The history of the word was able to seperate German spies (99.99999999999999999999999999999% sure to be the enemies this game) from Allies, which means that in this game, Basel could have easily put in a measure where saying this word allows Wombat to view you or something along those lines.  This would mean that saying it would be pro town.  In the small chance that Basel turned history around and made this a mafia role, we will be able to see if this has a negative effect for town, and then we can get Wombat.  Either way, it is pro town to say this.  Therefore, all 5 people that I have listed should say it as fast as possible.

seems plausible. thank yer

Scheveningen

Would be willing to switch to Bard Babe but I'm not totally buying Leyrann's argument.  In his earlier posts, he seemed totally cognizant of the fact that "Scheveningen" was a shibboleth yet he is arguing that he wanted me to directly state my reasons?  That's either super obtuse or disingenuous.

Agreed. Likewise I'm willing to switch back to Leyrann. I think the dual pressure is good for now so I'll leave my vote where it is. Mawth just made some good points too. Leyrann's switch to finally saying the word was odd considering there was plenty of evidence of what the word meant in context before I said anything which is apparently what Ley was looking for? I had looked back at my quote and was trying to figure out what it was I said that made Leyrann change his mind, since I didn't think I made much of a point. Hrrrm.

@ Darthe - Could you highlight your responses and what you find to be most important in those wall o' texts? Otherwise I probably won't read them.

wheeloftime13: Total Posts, 14 (according to DM, I found 15)

Page 1

1. Hello 

2. Hello 

Page 2

3. ..... I lived in Pearl Harbor and was there when they shot the movie, it was really cool watching the planes flying around

Page 3

4. Ithi, that's so cute! Is he yours?

5. RTE... make sure that you don't edit your posts

Page 4

6. wow

7. RTE... make sure that you don't edit your posts

Page 5

8. no, it's good... I did that my first game, too...

9. .... the taint... it's too much!!!

naw, just kidding...

Page 7

10. I'll say that I think Day 1 is mainly about experimenting and it is in no way "useless" just because we may accidentally lynch a town memeber. there are plenty of good games where we lynch mafia on the first day, and get good feelings on who our teammates are.

Page 8

11. What does that mean if you don't mind my asking?

Page 9

12. Interesting word....

13.  the place sounds pretty enough, though....

Page 12

14. Darthe, how do you know that Ley isn't helping town? Please share...

15. Scheveningen

is it pronounced with spittle?

-----------------

My thoughts:  This person isn't really playing.  Their is no effort here, more coasting by than anything.  We do not even see many votes or actions in relationship to other players.  While most would say that this is null, I consider it a liability.  We cannot make effective decisions about WoT so currently WoT cannot be allowed to live to endgame for the WIFOM that it creates.  Please step your game up.

Investigator Darthe?

Starrik: Total post count, 12

Page 1

1. Hello all!

Page 2

2. OMGUS!

vote Leyrann in greeting

3. Everyone knows random votes are scummy.

>.>

4. Pearl Harbour.... Never learnt about it. Pretty much the only major facet of the war they didn't touch on at all in Aussie schooling.

Page 4

5. Aw. Well, that's ruined! Morgoroth was the most evil of them all!

I did not even see that Darthe. Soft claiming Day One, Page one even?

6. Then Kaylee and Smiley should vote each other.

Page 7

7. Darthe, this is not the first time in recent games you have stated a case then gone AWOL. FoS.

I've seen some pretty good Day 1 Mafia lynches. Suspicion on the "Day 1 is useless" posters.

8. Darthe, on 02 Dec 2012 - 18:32, said:

It's no case nubcake but thank you for voting me admittedly with no reason =)  Tell me, how does it feel to be in a QT?

Was this directed at me? It looks and feels like very sloppy play (almost as bad as my own). If it was at me, you are mistaken I did not vote you. Are you just in a nasty mood Darthe?

Page 8

9. He does seem very off. Either a ploy, or just a weird day.....

Page 9

10. unvote vote Darthe

Something is severely off with his play, he's playing like a first timer more than the experienced player he is. He's soft claimed, and weakly claimed town as well and none of this sits well with me.

Page 12

11. Scheveningen, though to be honest IRL I'd say it with a German accent. I'm happy with my vote on Darthe, and I disagree that WoT's can't be useful, they often give validity to a case. Whether that is a good or bad thing, I don't know.

12. Scheveningen, though to be honest IRL I'd say it with a German accent. I'm happy with my vote on Darthe, and I disagree that WoT's can't be useful, they often give validity to a case. Whether that is a good or bad thing, I don't know.

My thoughts

Starrik is involved, honest, and bold despite being new.  Based on everything that I have seen in his plays here he is town.  He may be misguided in his choice of vote ).) but this guy is clearly a part of the allied forces. 

Would be willing to switch to Bard Babe but I'm not totally buying Leyrann's argument.  In his earlier posts, he seemed totally cognizant of the fact that "Scheveningen" was a shibboleth yet he is arguing that he wanted me to directly state my reasons?  That's either super obtuse or disingenuous.

Agreed. Likewise I'm willing to switch back to Leyrann. I think the dual pressure is good for now so I'll leave my vote where it is. Mawth just made some good points too. Leyrann's switch to finally saying the word was odd considering there was plenty of evidence of what the word meant in context before I said anything which is apparently what Ley was looking for? I had looked back at my quote and was trying to figure out what it was I said that made Leyrann change his mind, since I didn't think I made much of a point. Hrrrm.

@ Darthe - Could you highlight your responses and what you find to be most important in those wall o' texts? Otherwise I probably won't read them.

his comments are at the bottom, all the other stuff is all the posts the person has done

How is it a weak arguement Darthe? I asked for a real case instead of BS and you still refuse to give it to me. That's not a weak arguement, heck it's not even an arguement it's a demand.

Call it anti-town if you want but you've don't nothing but go back on promises and make really long posts that look like your actually doing something.

BG, the tipping point for Ley seemed to be that you voted him specifically for his refusal. So his saying it would appear a direct attempt to get you to remove your vote.

That us my opinion anyway.

well once you realise people are going to start lynching you you're going to do something about it, Mafia or Town

Turin Turambar: Total post count, 16

Page 1

1. Present. Interesting deadline date. 

2. Maw is in the trenches. Darthe is in the shadows. Lenlo good at pushing lenches. Ithi sniffs out the mafiosos.

Page 2

3. I remember standing on the Arizona memorial as a kid. Looking into that oil covered water. The stack sticking out of the water. The replay of the FDR speech and audio of the attack. It still gives me goosebumps. 

4. id="_GPLITA_0" in_rurl="http://i.trkjmp.com/click?v=VVM6Mjg5NDA6MTAzMzpzdGFydDoxMzVmZmIzNDY2ODg0ODYxNjA3ZTk2MTBjNjJhZDc3Njp6LTEyNDItNTAwOTY6d3d3LmRyYWdvbm1vdW50LmNvbToyMzQ3NjphMTgzMmYyYTAzMjJmMGZiMzRkZjk1NDQ0YmE5YmI4Ng" style='orphans: 2;text-align:start;widows: 2;-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;word-spacing:0px' alt=":wub:" class="bbc_emoticon" v:shapes="_x0000_i1026"> awesome Ithi 

Page 3

5. Well knowing he is on your QT makes it easier Tina  style='orphans: 2;text-align:start;widows: 2;-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;word-spacing:0px' alt=":laugh:" class="bbc_emoticon" v:shapes="_x0000_i1027">

Interesting that nothing ever came of it too darthe. Or at least not yet. I think everyone is still having fun greeting. 

Page 4

6. Wombat are you asking us all to start speaking German. 

7. ReleaseTheEvil, on 02 Dec 2012 - 07:12, said: v:shapes="_x0000_i1028">

Well, I have no enemies nor frenemies yet... Guess time to make one...

Most compelling argument for me to vote someone...GO!  alt=":ph34r:" class="bbc_emoticon" v:shapes="_x0000_i1029">

Refuses to make his own case, looking to follow someone else. Obviously mafia.

vote RTE

Page 5

8. RTE, first game? 

Page 6

9. unvote. Vote Ley

RTE gets his day 1 pass. Ley, day one lynches are no longer exercises in randomness. Mafia are found quite frequently now thanks to real casing. You need to get with the times. 

Page 7

10. There has been a remarkable run of mafia being lynched Day 1 in recent history by the players paying attention to what is being said. That you and Thorum both have stated that finding mafia Day 1 is old thinking. If the town works to find them we can smoke them out. To just sit and say "day one is useless" is anti-town IMO. 

11. RandA lThor, on 02 Dec 2012 - 14:05, said:

Thorum, on 02 Dec 2012 - 13:50, said: v:shapes="_x0000_i1031">

Day one votes ARE random, and getting a mafia day one neigh impossible.

How about day 1.  unvote vote Thorum

Care to elaborate Rand? he is saying that Day 1 is a throw away day and you can't find mafia. I strongly disagree. I see you voting him here(is it a "joke" vote?) and despite what you say you are defending him later on by trying to spin his words into something else. 

Interesting 

Page 8

12. I agree with you  alt=":smile:" class="bbc_emoticon" v:shapes="_x0000_i1033">

Oh alright Wombat. I only speak bad American English so German or Dutch it is all Greek to me. 

Page 9

13. Scheveningen 

Page 10

14. Feeling a lot better about my Ley vote. What a pile of poo.

Big FoS to Lenlo for hopping on. Then adding setup talk to the mix. 

Page 11

15. Anyone questioning why they should not go ahead and say Scheveningen for wombat is suspect in my book. It appears as an investigative tool for town. Mafia already know who is on their team. Anyone else is an enemy. So they don't need to know who is what. I don't think the ability has anything to do with theme. It is just the mechanism for the ability.

Page 12

16. Rand, the word is scheveningen. have you actually posted it? If not please do so correctly.

Darthe, maybe if I phrase it in the form of a question... What is your potentially helpful to town info?

Maw, are you still voting Darthe? your last post seems to be more in support of his being town. 

Despo, Where you at?

Again I think that everyone should be stepping up to say scheveningen for Wombat. It is not that hard. 

My thoughts:

Turin is being his usual quirky self which is fun to watch and which he usually uses to hide any internal motivations.  Once he recognized that their was an investigative power role in play he quickly buddied to that individual and has stuck with it since in a subtle manner, giving them no real reason to watch him.  However, I am very well aware that he has one good tell as mafia and that is that he is overeager.  He has placed a lot of votes and a couple of good prods so far.  I will list him as suspect, I believe that he needs to be viewed by an investigator though I would not be surprised if he was a silvertongue due to his reliance on being congenial with Wwwomby and etc.

How is it a weak arguement Darthe? I asked for a real case instead of BS and you still refuse to give it to me. That's not a weak arguement, heck it's not even an arguement it's a demand.

Call it anti-town if you want but you've don't nothing but go back on promises and make really long posts that look like your actually doing something.

You seem upset.

I feel a lot better about the things I said now.

I remember it was Leyrann who first mentioned that it was a special spy detecting password though. When I looked it up on google I just got the reference to the Hague - which is where the war crimes trials were - and didn't know about it's other use until Ley pointed it out.

Given that, I would like to know why he then asked for a reason why he should say it - when he was the one who actually explained what it was used for.

Kaylee: Total post count, 7

Page 1

1. Hi everyone!

Page 3

2. Darthe, on 01 Dec 2012 - 12:35, said: v:shapes="_x0000_i1025">

I tried to choose a color once.  Very many shades of black were available and in the end I stuck to this one.  

Cause I'm evil.

Darthe: Nice choice. At least you didn't choose something hard to read like yellow.

Page 4

3. Darthe, on 01 Dec 2012 - 19:51, said:

vote tress so everyone is represented on each side.

I'm not voting anyone either.

Page 9

4. Darthe's play seems like he's trying to pull something, so for now I'm just keeping an eye on him.  Not really too sure of anyone atm.

Page 12

5. Scheveningen

Also, it appears I can now get online. Ley, I can understand thinking he might be a jester, I also wondered that. Your argument about Wombat being unlyncher seems a stretch though. 

Page 13

6. I was doing a reread and remembered I wanted to comment on this:

Leyrann, on 04 Dec 2012 - 15:34, said:

WWWwombat, on 04 Dec 2012 - 14:35, said:

WWWwombat, on 04 Dec 2012 - 14:42, said:

How?

He can be 3 things:

He could be vanilla town and as such decided to play boldy for reactions.  As it's been pointed out, this has been done in the past, successfully if I remember correctly.

Songstress, Total post count, 2

Page 1

1. Checking in...

Let me just get this out of the way now.

Vote Despo.

There.  I feel better.

Page 13

2. Oy.  Sorry for the absence - have had computer and internet access problems off and on for several days, and when I have had time to post DM has been down.  Or my Internet was down.  Or both.  

So.  Scheveningen.

Sounds lovely, in addition to being a very interesting story.  History is fun.

Also, unvote.

Going back to take some notes before something else happens to either my internet or DM.  I shall return.

My thoughts:

First and foremost neither of these ladies have posted enough.  For Tress it has been connectivity issues.  For Kaylee she does not really pick up on a game until it gets going hard.  Strangely enough, however, based on what each has said I have a stronger read on Tress than I do Kaylee.  My current thoughts are that Tress is town because of her complete lack of caring when saying Scheveningen and because of how she carried herself in the first message she posted.  Kaylee on the other hand seems middling to me because she hasn't done anything standout whatsoever and I am aware that she won't until she feels ready for the game, regardless of her alignment.

My list so far:

Lenlo, liability

Turin, Investigate option

WoT13: slight liability

Kaylee: Null

Starrik: Town

Songstress: slight Town

I remember it was Leyrann who first mentioned that it was a special spy detecting password though. When I looked it up on google I just got the reference to the Hague - which is where the war crimes trials were - and didn't know about it's other use until Ley pointed it out.

Given that, I would like to know why he then asked for a reason why he should say it - when he was the one who actually explained what it was used for.

Because Ley is mafia Ithi, probably with Lenlo.  Really, all L names are suspect... and you have two letter "L"s...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://forum.allods.ru/showimg.php%3Furl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fkoti.mbnet.fi%252Fthamnoph%252Fphotos%252Fgarbage%252Fsuspicious_fry.jpg&imgrefurl=http://forum.allods.ru/showthread.php?p%3D3810432&h=158&w=211&sz=17&tbnid=4t2CVYulkfl71M:&tbnh=90&tbnw=120&zoom=1&usg=__svXGvfi-occISSaY-LZvGYq6LWo=&docid=0tveF0lJMAR0gM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=37q_ULvpK4249gT4hoGQDQ&ved=0CEwQ9QEwBQ&dur=214

RandA lThor: Total post Count: 10

Page 1

1. vote Lenlo for beating me in tourney OP battles.

Also, interesting deadline.

Page 6

2. Thorum, on 02 Dec 2012 - 13:50, said:

And by now, I've switched again   How does that affect your theory? Day one votes ARE random, and getting a mafia day one neigh impossible.

In your game, mafia could have expected Balder to receive (almost) no votes at all, apart from theirs. If they followed on on that theory, Leelou was out of trouble for 1 or 2 nights. Too bad I had to leave that game very early on.

I always play exactly the same, whatever allignment I have. And it always gets me lynched day 3 or 4, if not sooner.

How about day 1.  unvote vote Thorum

Page 7

3. Turin Turambar, on 02 Dec 2012 - 15:56, said:

There has been a remarkable run of mafia being lynched Day 1 in recent history by the players paying attention to what is being said. That you and Thorum both have stated that finding mafia Day 1 is old thinking. If the town works to find them we can smoke them out. To just sit and say "day one is useless" is anti-town IMO.

Well, I don't think they said it was useless.  Not defending their idea, but they said that Day 1 doesn't catch scum.  Day 1 can still be very useful and often is in finding people who somehow evaded lynches, people who heavily attacked the lynchee, easy bandwagoners, etc.  as you already know.

Page 9

4. Scheveningen

Also, my post about voting Thorum was a failed attempt to catch someone who would eagerly vote me.

unvote

5. See the thing is that Darthe is off his town meta as well as his mafia meta.  I personally think like Kaylee just said is that he is trying to pull something, and I am leaning towards vanilla town for him.

Page 12

6. Woah, lot of stuff going on.  OK first of all, for Leyrann, http://wiki.epicmafi...tle=Voodoo_Lady

However, I highly doubt that that role is in this game, and even if it was, the word that Wombat picked would be a horrible choice.  Not only that, but the word that he has and its background seems pro-town if I read that correctly.  Really not liking the refusal to do this, even if something bad happens to you, then we can get Wombat, so not seeing a down side to saying whatever the word was, schenvingen or something like that.  Anyways, as I pointed out, if Darthe is off all of his meta completely by a lot, then he is most likely trying something new, which points to vanilla town for him.  I don't really find anything so suspicious.  So in conclusion, vote Leyrann

7. I'm pretty sure I did it before, but recently I have seen posts and even messages eaten up by DM, so I'll just post it again.  Scheveningen. 

Page 15

8. Yeah, thats a fairly obvious inconsitency with BB over there, plus her constant refusal to say the word is really annoying.  I'm thinking she's our best bet.  unvote vote BB

Keeping an FoS on Ley, it could be just stubbornness, but the quick change when if you clicked on the link a reason had already been given.  Don't like it at all. 

9. Your welcome

Wombat

Ithi

Thorum - It seemed like a quote of Wombat that went wrong though

Maw

RTE

Turin

RandA lThor 

Thorum – Says it now on purpose

BG

Lenlo – Says he still doesn’t trust it though

Lolguy

Rand – Says it again in response to Turin

Starrik

Time

Kaylee

Tress

Despo

John Snow

Tina

Leyrann – Wanted a direct reason stated

10. Random has not said it yet

Falcon has not said it yet

BB obviously has not said it.

Darthe did not say it

Smiley has not said it.

Random and Falcon have been inactive.  BB has already said she will not say it.  Smiley we are still trying to convince.  Darthe I am unsure of.

For Smiley:  The history of the word was able to seperate German spies (99.99999999999999999999999999999% sure to be the enemies this game) from Allies, which means that in this game, Basel could have easily put in a measure where saying this word allows Wombat to view you or something along those lines.  This would mean that saying it would be pro town.  In the small chance that Basel turned history around and made this a mafia role, we will be able to see if this has a negative effect for town, and then we can get Wombat.  Either way, it is pro town to say this.  Therefore, all 5 people that I have listed should say it as fast as possible.

My Thoughts:  This is pretty easy, Rand is slightly lazy town and starting to get into the game more.  The following list is as much for me as it is you, it is great that we can do this.

My list so far:

Lenlo, liability

Turin, Investigate option

WoT13: slight liability

Kaylee: Null

Rand: Town

Starrik: Town

Songstress: slight Town

Archived