DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[ADVANCED] World War II Mafia: JAPAN WINS!

Basel Gill

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thoughts:

Turin is being his usual quirky self which is fun to watch and which he usually uses to hide any internal motivations.  Once he recognized that their was an investigative power role in play he quickly buddied to that individual and has stuck with it since in a subtle manner, giving them no real reason to watch him.  However, I am very well aware that he has one good tell as mafia and that is that he is overeager.  He has placed a lot of votes and a couple of good prods so far.  I will list him as suspect, I believe that he needs to be viewed by an investigator though I would not be surprised if he was a silvertongue due to his reliance on being congenial with Wwwomby and etc.

Yes, this was the post. My initial thought was to fos everyone that throws out all these roles in the air - silvertongue, jester, lyncher etc. But now that I read the post I get why you said it. I wouldn´t worry about Turin yet though. He is a great player (look at the BT Mafia) but he knows that I will find him if he is scum. :baalzamon:

How many town "claims" do we have right now? You know, claiming town doesn´t say anything about you. Everyone will say that they are town (or Allies). *looks at Time*

Comments up to and including post #323. The rest will follow later today.

Rand

Random has not said it yet

Falcon has not said it yet

BB obviously has not said it.

Darthe did not say it

Smiley has not said it.

I'll follow up on this. Imo, these are the people that warrant a vote.

- Smiley gave up post 309

Btw, my first mention of the word Scheveningen was not a misquote, but intentional.

Also, probably important, no confirmation (as of yet) from Wombat that he can find mafia among those who say the word.

Darthe (on WoT)

My thoughts:  This person isn't really playing.  Their is no effort here, more coasting by than anything.  We do not even see many votes or actions in relationship to other players.  While most would say that this is null, I consider it a liability.  We cannot make effective decisions about WoT so currently WoT cannot be allowed to live to endgame for the WIFOM that it creates.  Please step your game up.

I agree. A person posting enough, but not saying anything may well be trying to hide in plain sight. Is this his usual play style?

General comment on Darthe's person-cases (something I've said in almost all games): it's way too easy to think someone is guilty when you minutely comb through every one of their posts. As evidenced by half the people being classified "probably mafia", and a third as "probably town" (with gradations); while in most mafia games, only about 20-25% of people is mafia. Going through everyone might solve this problem. But only if really EVERYONE is looked at. 

Someone mentioned silvertounge, right? I can´t seem to find it.

silver-tongue being Turin for possibly buddying up to Wombat to attach himself to a town image to deflect attention from himself and look like a Townie supporting Town actions while actually being a Mafia looking for a place to hide

At least that's the argument against him

See now it's posts like these that make me very uncomfortable about Smiley. First, he doesn't really answer Tina's question at all, and he's also referencing a case other than his own, and building it up bigger than it is.

"That's the argument against him"? I haven't seen multiple people make this argument against Turin so making it seem like this argument against him is substantial, when it isn't really.

After all, Wombat never claimed LD. The role we are catching hints of seems like it could be similar, but this doesn't mean it operates the same way. There could be a GF/Silvertongue-like mafia role which is the antithesis to Wombat's role, but we don't know about that and to speculate would be gaming the mod pretty hardcore.

The point is, even if Turin WAS a Silvertongue, or a GF or something, or even this role's antithesis, he could still very easily be nabbed by Wombat's role somehow, so buddying up to a townie who has hinted at some sort of investigative role would be more risk than reward imo

My thoughts:

Turin is being his usual quirky self which is fun to watch and which he usually uses to hide any internal motivations.  Once he recognized that their was an investigative power role in play he quickly buddied to that individual and has stuck with it since in a subtle manner, giving them no real reason to watch him.  However, I am very well aware that he has one good tell as mafia and that is that he is overeager.  He has placed a lot of votes and a couple of good prods so far.  I will list him as suspect, I believe that he needs to be viewed by an investigator though I would not be surprised if he was a silvertongue due to his reliance on being congenial with Wwwomby and etc.

Yes, this was the post. My initial thought was to fos everyone that throws out all these roles in the air - silvertongue, jester, lyncher etc. But now that I read the post I get why you said it. I wouldn´t worry about Turin yet though. He is a great player (look at the BT Mafia) but he knows that I will find him if he is scum. :baalzamon:

How many town "claims" do we have right now? You know, claiming town doesn´t say anything about you. Everyone will say that they are town (or Allies). *looks at Time*

So it looks like you noticed the same thing I did, yet you reacted to it a diff way.

But do you remember anyone using that particular word before Time?

Is it saying something that he bothered to put Kaylee in at all, even as a null, with so many other people completely left off?

Well a lot of people were prob left off cause he hadn't done iso cases on everyone yet, but while were on that subject: I never like people trying to focus on inactive or unproductive members of a game early on. Some people take some time before they can get warmed up and start posting a lot more thoughts, and some players are just straight inactive and end up getting replaced. Looking at inactive players early on is a good way to get town misdirected, it's much harder to gain any info by pressuring inactives with votes.

So yeah, I didn't like seeing that in a couple of Darthe's iso cases. And Thorum, while still scummy imo, does have a point: it is a lot easier than people realize to case someone by going through a bunch of their posts and saying why each is scummy. Darthe looks like he's counteracting this by showing quotes of people he has town tells on as well, but that doesn't mean his cases aren't premeditated

He is busy with distancing himself from Time. Yep, I won´t let go of that.

I agree with you to some part, Des. Buddying up so clearly could be dangerous and is a little too obvious. But you never know.

I haven´t kept track but I think Ley, BB, Time and some other has posted that they are town or allies.  

Ok well Time was the first that I noticed that actually said she was on the Allies. I know what you're thinking, of course it would seem obvious that the Allies would be town in this game, Hitler and co. will be mafia, but still, a mafioso might not really think about that much when "claiming". It's a lot easier to just say "I am town", taking the time to put the "Allies" part in would take a lot more deliberate thought. No offense to Time, but being a newer player I don't see her thinking of that on her own, and since she wasn't really receiving that much attention I don't see a mafia team feeding that to her to say

Ninja´d. Going to work but just wanted to post an idea I got. No need to answer, just something to think about. Do you think Germany, Italy and Japan are different mafia groups?

I need to just make a photshop image for circumstances like these. For now, just pretend there's a relevant, hilarious picture to accompany this next sentence-

Just say NO! to setup talk early in a game

I've definitely been thinking about the people who have said that it is obvious the Mafia has to be Germany ... when there were multiple antagonists in the War. That made me think that they didn't want anyone to think there may be more than one set of bad guys out there - but I was keeping it to myself so I could watch and see what else they said.

I could certainly see there being Japan as major players of some kind. Italy I feel would be more Sympish/linked with Germany. Hmmmm, guess who doesn't want to discuss this possibility? Someone who said that the Germans were definitely the Mafia?

... I think you're missing the point BB. And for future reference, claiming to be town when there isn't specific evidence of a LD really doesn't earn you any townie cred or anything, it's kind of assumed that you would state that you are town, whether you're town or mafia.

Ithilian

And now all I see is repeated utra-multiquotes in mafia. Do people really think that they HAVE to do it to be taken seriously. I much prefer to take things in as they happen and file it all in my memory - that way it's all together and I can see when various little things just don't fit right.
I agree.

As a follow-up on my previous post:

wot

This is how I normally play

Random and bb also mentioned the word. Darthe and Falcon remain.

despothera

So Thorum, I've noticed you haven't been responding to any fos's thrown your way or anything. Care to explain why?

I haven't noticed any serious fos in my direction... What have I missed? Or do you count the "I play like I always play", town or mafia?

I still believe that Darthe is our best guess as to mafia (see also above, in bold italics). However, in the interest ofgetting a lynch, I'll unvote and vote Ley over BB

I've definitely been thinking about the people who have said that it is obvious the Mafia has to be Germany ... when there were multiple antagonists in the War. That made me think that they didn't want anyone to think there may be more than one set of bad guys out there - but I was keeping it to myself so I could watch and see what else they said.

I could certainly see there being Japan as major players of some kind. Italy I feel would be more Sympish/linked with Germany. Hmmmm, guess who doesn't want to discuss this possibility? Someone who said that the Germans were definitely the Mafia?

And then we have the Russians also. Whose side are they on? Or will they switch sides twice during the game? Zillions of possibilities.

Archived