DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of Time Mafia Game Thread

WWWwombat

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Checking in with a couple of thoughts so far. But, I want to say, I usually only get online to post things about once a day, twice if I'm lucky. I will keep up from my phone, but I never post in mafia from my phone anymore, as it takes away my ability to quote and just makes thinking through my posts much too difficult. I live in PST (West Coast USA) and will only be online to post very late at night most days. That is my disclaimer in advance. :biggrin:

Well I figured the game has been open for 2 hours, that's long enough for the chit chat. I get day 1 is a bunch of bs, normally, but with all the people that are playing, 37, 3 votes on one person is a little much. I want to get the game rolling. I'm only in two games right now *pouts* I spammed enough now I'm ready to get down to the nitty gritty.

This just made me go "wtf?!" I really hope you were kidding. I totally support getting the game rolling as quickly as possible, and recently it has really worked to the town's advantage in games, but honestly, you can't expect the chit chat to stop at all on day 1. That is, until someone really starts pinging people which is what you're doing so far IMHO.

Alright, I'll just come right out with it as the more experienced players will probably figure it out with the next vote count. I have an item and this item causes me to have double votes. I forgot that when I voted, but whatevs. Keep in mind, that double voters are almost always town or protown and vote stealers are almost always mafia or antitown. You can steal my item and see what it is, it might give you a clue. Though I'm not allowed to say the item.

Uhm... "Normally" doesn't really count in non-standard games, and we all know Womby spent a lot of time planning this one, which leads me to believe there will be several unexpected twists.

Song, I am currently giving you the benefit of the doubt because you pretty much always play scummy (not that I can see how that would help the town at all) but I really REALLY dislike people leading the town on how to think. Very scummy.

*checking in*

Ok, I'm confused. There is ed2funy and there is ed2scumy. The one in the player list is ed2scumy not ed2funy. And people are voting for ed2scumy not ed2funy. So are you playing ed2funy?

They are one and the same David *snugles her brother Ed* Ed2scumy is a play on his username Ed2funy :wink:

Not much to go on yet and i will refrain from the traditional day one random vote at this stage.

Ok, I'm confused. There is ed2funy and there is ed2scumy. The one in the player list is ed2scumy not ed2funy. And people are voting for ed2scumy not ed2funy. So are you playing ed2funy?

rofl

lmao! David....you insult me. You played in my game! tongue.gif

Oh look! It's my lovely sister *waves & snuggles*

Amaaaa! Hehe, wow, so many of us all back in one game, this is going to be epic!

I knowwww...oh noooo...

And btw, my schedule is a little whack. I'll post it later. Just doing a quick check before some training.

TRENCH - do you have a PR??? or is this how you normally talk? or is it part of your role?

Checking in here. And to join in on the bandwagon, I nominate ED

^ scummiest vote so far. FOS at Vam, and btw welcome to the addiction!!

Although I'm curious about this...exception, I'm not gonna risk something nasty to simply sate my curiosity. Someone else can fulfill that role. ;)

i think the execption for anyone claiming to be the DR might be because in the series there were alot of False Dragons. something to do with that.

Alright, I'll just come right out with it as the more experienced players will probably figure it out with the next vote count. I have an item and this item causes me to have double votes. I forgot that when I voted, but whatevs. Keep in mind, that double voters are almost always town or protown and vote stealers are almost always mafia or antitown. You can steal my item and see what it is, it might give you a clue. Though I'm not allowed to say the item.

i'm giving you the benifit of the doubt, FOS at you for revealing this info with no pressure on you. i cant say that peopole wuold put you together with the DV right off, but i can see why you'd want to get that info out of the way. although now you're just putting a bullzeye on your back imo.

also, if it's item related, then your technically not a doublevoter ... the FOS is more about you sayign the bit about "normally pro town"

Usually bad unless the bandwagon switches to someone else who's even more suspicious. If you don't defend yourself then you might get lynched, but if you do and role-reveal, say your a doctor or a cop, then that would be what the mafia want, which would make you a definite target during the night.

FOS @ David for seeming to not only direct but also fish for info

Hello. This topic seems like it will be pretty hard to follow once this has started for real :D

welcoem to Mafia. YAY LOTS of new players!! just an FYI, it's not a topic, its a game lol it will be some what hard to follow, but the concept is easy enoughto get the hang of. and yes, i expect that the pages on this game will be numbering in the 100's before it's done!!

oh, yes .... VOTE: AHMOO :wink: *blows her a kiss*

Checking in and VOTE TRENCH because the rhyming is already getting to me. On a side note, I was all primed to vote Ed until I saw everyone else dog piling him.

A vote for me will serve you naught

For I walk in the light and know what is right

The shadow is what should be sought

Red I can assure you that

thinking up rhymes is not

how I spend my time

I speak in verse it is

my curse

I vote Amadine Her banner had me so mezmorized I almost forgot to check in. Oh! I check IN! How many different banners is it scrolling through? I Who is bonded to who? Sorry getting off on a tangent... What I meant to say is I vote Amadine because I think there is an evil trick behind her banner to distract people from playing! On a serious note I am new to forum posting as a whole I have always been a lurker in the past. So Amadine even though I am voting you as EVIL I would appreciate your expertise in banner making. No hard feelings :biggrin:

Regarding other peoples responses on their schedules I am east coast and will try to view through out the day but will probably be most active at night or in the mornings. Can't wait to see how this turns out! It's my first Mafia.

Oh, also, there is one exception to the no character hinting rule. Any of you may at any time feel free to declare yourself the Dragon Reborn on thread.

Interesting. I would think this a bad idea for townies.....I'm sure there are pitfalls in this game for False Dragons.

While I am beginning to see some scummy behavior already, I think for now I'm going to vote killu

This is because he is New, and I wouldn't put it past the DO to recruit the new guys for the shadow.

What, on page 2? Really? Can you explain what you see?

I like this little nudge that you are town. You have an item - that doesn't make you town. The double-vote item could have started via random.org for all we know, and been given to scum. Early FOS for this hinting.

Checking in and VOTE TRENCH because the rhyming is already getting to me. On a side note, I was all primed to vote Ed until I saw everyone else dog piling him.

A vote for me will serve you naught

For I walk in the light and know what is right

The shadow is what should be sought

how I spend my time

I speak in verse it is

my curse

By the way, I just want to say that you are very good with your rhyming. :biggrin:

But also, I'm amazed that you do it so well, considering you have to think how to rhyme what you want to say whereas the rest of us just write it down. :biggrin:

how I spend my time

I speak in verse it is

my curse

ah okay :myrddraal: if you don't mind, i'm gonna ask some more questions.

is it a perminte thing that you have to do?

was this curse given to you or part of your role?

will the curse wear off?

do you need an item to make it stop?

do you know what's making you have to speak like that?

Regarding other peoples responses on their schedules I am east coast and will try to view through out the day but will probably be most active at night or in the mornings. Can't wait to see how this turns out! It's my first Mafia.

welcoem to DM & welcome to Mafia!!

I think the idea that there are pitfalls for False Dragons is really intriguing Verb.

i do as well Verb, sounds like something worth keeping in mind. in the books, the Red Ajah were the only real threat to False Dragons; so i have to wonder if that will play a part in this game.

also, i wonder if the Dragon knows he's the Dragon yet, as well. i mean the WoT has alot of good spots to do a game in it. if we're focusing more on EotW time line, in this case the Dragon doesn't know he's the Dragon yet and there are two False Dragons parading around so i'm wondering which timeline for the characters we're looking at. Timeline ould also tell us what type of twists we can expect as well.

What I thought was scummy on the early parts of the posting has now been explained to my satisfaction through later posts.

What I wonder about with Trench is the rhyming. Trench claims it is a curse, but that could just be a clever ruse.

If it's part of his role, he could be a gleeman. Or he could be a Chosen with Gleeman Powers (not to name names, btw)

Or it could be any number of things That i have yet to understand.

Whatever the cause, the rhyming is annoying.

I'm going to UNVOTE.

I am not yet going to cast a new vote, because I am not yet ready to determine if I do want to vote for Trench or anyone else.

I try to do that 'sleep' thing I keep hearing so much about, and look what happens.

Oh, yes, and I'm here. Vote Jason because it is simply the way things are done, even if he isn't in the game.

I told you guys this is my item (meaning a charatcer thing like I think some or maybe most of the items probably are), that's why I can't even hint at what my item specifically is because it's a totally obvious giveaway of who I am so to whoever steals it from me, you'll see. I also revealed because I really don't care whether I have that item or not. I've been a double voter once, it was actually in a WoT game at HCrealms (wombat you were in that one, meanie) and I got voted out the very first day. I figured I'd be honest and if someone wants to steal it from me, go right ahead.

And yes I was mostly kidding about getting game started that early. Though I did find the 3 votes on Ed suspicious. But then so is everything and I like to shake things up a bit XD

Archived