DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of Time Mafia Game Thread

WWWwombat

Folks, I have to come clean about something right now. I can't keep it quiet any longer. It's too important to simply leave out of the game.

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Okay, I feel much better.

Although Day 1 is full of randomness, this really is just plain wierd. Maybe someone can explain if quibby is usually like this or not in previous games.

Just when I thought I was being ignored. :biggrin: Thought about trying to claim Dragon-ness, but I just watched The Princess Bride *shrugs*

What? Again are you joking or hinting at something but hiding behind "Day 1 randomness/sillines"

I'm willing to wait on a vote against Song for now simply because, although she's pinging, I have a hard time coming up with anything that the bad guys would have that would give a double-vote. I'm not saying that there isn't one, but I can't think for the life of me of what it would be. If the items tie to specific characters, like Song says, then trying to figure out what item might grant a double-vote could tell us whether or not she's one of the good guys. (No, I don't have a habit of speaking the obvious. Not at all.)

I do agree with you here, maybe we should spend more time linking items to characters in the story.

i'm thinking this as well. obviously he can't confirm it, but if items are character specific there are only two characters who a rhyming item woudl fit. Thom & Asmo. and since the timeline for this game goes through book 6 Asmo may or maynot be a bad guy; by book 6 he was dead, but he had also basically turned good due to what Lanfear had done to him.

Quick point of order. Based on his last/only POV in Fires of Heaven, Asmo still thought of himself as scum, but he thought of himself as scum doing what he had to do in order to survive. If he's in this game, I'm relatively sure that Asmo's going to be out to kill everybody. (About time, too. He was always my favorite.)

By the way, my impression was that asmo just wanted to get away from rand, not kill everyone in his path. I get the feeling that you might be hinting at something here, perhaps you are asmodean?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I Unvote vambram and Vote Quibby. Because your posts are a bit weird to be honest.

As opposed to his usual normal self? xD

I'd be worried if he started making sense. Now that would be a huge flashing red bulb right there. Which reminds me... I totally need new bulbs in the house. Neon sounds fun but it's not really realistic.... mmmmm....I wonder....

Nyn

WoW! That was a lot of reading to do. OKay. I do think it important

to hear from those who haven't checked in. Just to get a sense of

everything. I can already tell I need to read back to see if I missed

anything before attempting to go forward.

I do feel that Song's response was more out of frustration than trying

some kind of tactic but who knows at this point. She could be relying

on us to think that. Let's not be too hasty as further info is needed.

Yes, I would definitely look at who might try to steal her item depending

upon what it is. It's obviously something that would clue the thief into

what character she is or the role. But she did put that out there so

now we are looking for it. So it could be a very interesting ploy.

Very true about this being a massive game but that's what's going to

make it fun hopefully.

Regarding AJ's post about going after whoever steals he double vote - I agree we would definitely want to track that and pressure he person. I can help thinking it was too naive of Song to just cough out a reveal and open the door to someone taking the item. A concerned townie would want to guard that item from being exploited by scum. This has the feel of some kind of play to it.

Red- trying to sell Asmo as innocent is weird. What's your angle here? We're not even sure the rhyming thing means a role/character. Really it looks like you've taken the opportunity to start planting some seeds about Asmo - that sounds like someone who is worried about being viewed.

*tempts Our Lord Mod Almighty with a metagame tangent*

I tend to be incredibly random in early Day One because there is very little being said of any consequence. That being said, we're no longer in what I would consider the early stages of the day. Definite lines are being drawn, sides are being chosen, and the fact that Nyn is actually sticking up for me is scary as hell.

Also, Wall-of-Text style posts on Day One in order to try to find anything concrete reads to me like over-analytical Townie or seed-planting Scumbag.

Oh, and Nyn? I always act logically. It's not my fault if nobody else can understand my underlying logic. :tongue:

*tempts Our Lord Mod Almighty with a metagame tangent*

I tend to be incredibly random in early Day One because there is very little being said of any consequence. That being said, we're no longer in what I would consider the early stages of the day. Definite lines are being drawn, sides are being chosen, and the fact that Nyn is actually sticking up for me is scary as hell.

Also, Wall-of-Text style posts on Day One in order to try to find anything concrete reads to me like over-analytical Townie or seed-planting Scumbag.

Oh, and Nyn? I always act logically. It's not my fault if nobody else can understand my underlying logic. :tongue:

I disagree completely, Day one is the day you need to play to prove you're town and push others to gauge reactions, not go totally off script and willy-nilly with randoms. Too much spam is a distraction from what is important, though activity is good for what it is. I love day ones ^_^

ph34r.gif Aust... he hears my thoughts.

Hello, greetings, and so forth!

The wheel of time turns and the ages pass and a wind builds up and blows out of my arse! Let the game begin!

So much bandwagoning.....

it is so mean... attacking innocent people with uncalled-for displays of force.

it annoys me, it does. you are all bullies! :sad: shame on you!

Song of Ice and Fire

because she said that this thread is insane. i prefer the term 'mentally unbalanced' :wink:

At first glance, I found this to be just like all the rest, simple half-assed accusing just to appear as though he is really doing some scumhunting; however, his bandwagoning cry is a very legit concern, one that I was about to post about myself. So why is Blackhoof bringing up the serious issue of bandwagon but then goes after a player who is the least guilty of the crime? Why not go after Vand or some of these other clowns bandwagoning?

The simple fact that Blackhoof went after Songs instead of a number of other, more suspicious looking players, is enough to convince me of a scum trying to look innocent and yet lead votes away from his own mafia allies!

Blackhoof indeed is mafia. Prove me wrong.

I'm going to unvote for now, since CurtDragon still hasn't checked in.

Red- you do love to stick up for the baddies don't you? *laughs*

But in all seriousness, like others, I really don't understand how you can't think of Asmo as bad. So what if the DO didn't want to re-up Asmo's soul at the end. It doesn't matter how the DO thought of him, but how he himself thought and acted. Right up until the end he resented Rand and all the 'Light' characters. He certainly didn't help Rand because he wanted to - Rand had to pull all the information out of him. That's not a way to be a good guy.

I disagree completely, Day one is the day you need to play to prove you're town and push others to gauge reactions, not go totally off script and willy-nilly with randoms. Too much spam is a distraction from what is important, though activity is good for what it is. I love day ones ^_^

ph34r.gif Aust... he hears my thoughts.

Yes, and you end up with a thread full of posts that generally boil down to everybody saying, "Trust me. I'm Innocent." Boring reading. It is my opinion that the occasional non-sequitur makes the inevitable rereads less tedious.

It chills me to agree with the loin-spawn of evil incarnate here, but Quibby is right. If we all had a mass alignment claim, we'd have 30 people screaming "IM INNOCENT, HONEST I AM!" I've yet to see someone on Day 1 say "Hey, I'm mafia! Come and get me, you townie bastards!" at least, not in those exact words.

But some peoples actions speak a lot louder than their words. As loud as one can be on a forum. Anyways, watching who desperately tries to look innocent and who is so quick to defend someone usually strikes me as worth keeping note of. So far, Blackhoof and a few others have already made moves that suggest scum overcompensating for their guilty consciousness.

First Day - So much going on. I agree that despite all the talky talky that while people are building defenses and alliances, as well as point fingers, it is still somewhat random until we see the consequences of the night. I maintain my early vote despite the rampant Unvoting of day one.

What do you mean by twisting your words?

Nothing to get worried over dearest, but I never said everyone should jump about and claim town, that gets people no where like you said. I simply meant that you can learn a lot day one by how people act, and by spamming, it feels like a distraction to me. I'm never against spam and love the activity, but when a person does too much of it, I classify them as trying to hide something.

Never meant to imply that you did say it. It's just a personal opinion of mine that almost every Day One post is an effort to sound nice and friendly and polite and not about to murderize everything with random stabbity action. You know, just like the tone of this post.:tongue:

I disagree about Townies not wanting to get the double vote. Because if they DO get it then 1) The mafia doesn't get it, and 2) according to Song, they'll then know her alignment.

Unvote. Vote David. Song, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt right now, as I feel there are applicants better able to be judged at the moment. David started off by bandwagoning Vambran, posted spam for like 10 straight posts, made the distraction move from Song to the rhyming thing (which he had previously said had "the ring of truth to it" or something like), and then finally made that case on Quibby, which I thought was weak and flimsy.

Also FOS Ahmoondah who said that the Princess Bride reference by Quibby was scummy and distracting, yet it barely made any waves, while the second half of the previous page (on 40 ppp) was completely littered with useless spam.

Also agree with Mynd about Blackhoof, but I feel slightly stronger right now about David.

If I had to say someone was acting suspicious, I'd say it is our local poet. His unique style of posting makes him someone that we like to hear from and we look forward to his posts, it is a clever tactic to keep people from voting for him. That being said, this doesn't mean he is a Darkfriend at all, could just be a smart citizen Andor looking out for himself any way he can.

If I had to say someone was acting suspicious, I'd say it is our local poet. His unique style of posting makes him someone that we like to hear from and we look forward to his posts, it is a clever tactic to keep people from voting for him. That being said, this doesn't mean he is a Darkfriend at all, could just be a smart citizen Andor looking out for himself any way he can.

He already said it is from an item. This is another effect I will be looking for tomorrow. We can learn a lot by who steals what items and how they respond to pressure. Speaking of pressure...

UNVOTE

VOTE RED

She is top of my list right now for the reasons I posted earlier. Especially the "Asmo could be Town" angle she was trying to spin.

Oh! And TWO people twist my words! Lovely rolleyes.gif

I think claiming scum is the best way to claim town, to be honest. After all, what scum in their right mynd would joke about being scum?

Uhm... I didn't see twisting, I saw disagreeing. This post bothered me for some reason, but I can't figure out which part of it hit me the hardest on my scumdar.

Okay, since it turns out that I can't actually push for a lynch of the progenitor of DM, I'm going to unvote Jason.

I've been getting pings for the past few pages on a couple of players. However, I can choose only one, and it's kind of a strange reason, so hear me out. It is easy to go after somebody like Red, who has been flinging the FOS around like a woman juggling babies, or David, simply out of "You blame me, I blame you." However, that's as easily Townie trying to figure out the game as it is scum. However, on their second post in the game, somebody agreed with me. Let me repeat: somebody agreed with me. Since I automatically distrust anybody who could possibly think like me, I am forced to vote Mynd.

Sorry, dude. We still got a date tonight?

Archived