DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of Time Mafia Game Thread

WWWwombat

He as much as said it's from the item he has. I am thinking along the lines of Thom Merrilin(sp?). That is if we believe Song's claim about the item being character specific, and we have no reason to doubt at this time. I'll be back in the morning with a few more thoughts. Need sleep before I go back through what is happening.

I think your thoughts are backwards. This is mafia, everyone is suspicious until proven innocent... So there is EVERY reason to doubt what she says, until it is proven. Duh :rolleyes:

Sarcasm people. I doubt her, but I'm never that serious about a game.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mafia games look so complex..... betrayal, intrigue, deception, ploys, tactics.... so intense. :wacko:

song, song, song, you are looking mighty suspicious from my POV, you know. :cool: I might not be experienced at mafia, but you seem rather..... vocal on how you are merely trying to be honest and save innocents from suspicion. would scum do that? :huh: no.... but that is the point, isn't it? :wink:

well? what do you have to say for yourself? r u an unselfish and brave martyr? or are you an insidious mafia scum.... i favour the latter! :happy:

BURN THE MAFIA SCUM!!! :cool:

I'm not getting scum vibes from Song at the moment. I haven't played many games with here but from what i have seen so far (in games i've played, and those i've read through) i think i can pick the difference on her.

There's not much to go on at the moment, but keep talking folks LOL Trench's PR is a little annoying but it's far from the worst PR i've ever seen LOL

Well yeah, but the real question is.... what do you use to burn'em? Gasoline comes to mind of course. But it's too easy, isn't it? Burns a person to a crisp in no time and there is not even time to properly rejoice. Oh no no no, they're not getting such an easy out. Maybe we should go with Vegetable oil...it'll be slow... and we can be a little environmental friendly, don't ya think?

Nyn

Well yeah, but the real question is.... what do you use to burn'em? Gasoline comes to mind of course. But it's too easy, isn't it? Burns a person to a crisp in no time and there is not even time to properly rejoice. Oh no no no, they're not getting such an easy out. Maybe we should go with Vegetable oil...it'll be slow... and we can be a little environmental friendly, don't ya think?

Nyn

Nynaeve,

Your on the right track.. I think we should take some advise from a certain thief-catcher, not taker, to help us ferret out possible Mafia Skum! "Some rope to tie her, some rages to gag her until she is ready to talk, some cooking oil and salt..." Oh Julian you seemed tom know a little too much about torture for my liking. I am going to keep my vote on Amadine with her fancy banners but I got my eyes on you Song... and you as well Julian. ;-)

Virtuhall

Someone did a FOS @ me.

Obviously, I am a newbie at Mafia. So, what is "FOS" ?

yep, i pointed a FOS at you for your vote. care to explain it? because the timing and placement of it were very scummy.

I'm not trying to get you upset, I'm just saying that pointing out that your item goes with your character was TMI! Even if every item that people have goes with their character then if the scum don't have any, they wouldn't know this. They do now.

^^ agreed

Yeah emo meltdowns aren't nice. But I think the best we can do is talk about something else.

Like, do people think that trench's rhyming is just a nice twist to the game to make it different or does it have some actual use. You know, does the rhyming physically do something.

David your moving up on my scumdar. first is the attempt at fishing for info, now your trying to detract away from a legitament issue surrounding Song onto a moot non-issue of a player PR when he's already explained why he has to rhym.

you stink of scum, my dear DF.

He as much as said it's from the item he has. I am thinking along the lines of Thom Merrilin(sp?). That is if we believe Song's claim about the item being character specific, and we have no reason to doubt at this time. I'll be back in the morning with a few more thoughts. Need sleep before I go back through what is happening.

i'm thinking this as well. obviously he can't confirm it, but if items are character specific there are only two characters who a rhyming item woudl fit. Thom & Asmo. and since the timeline for this game goes through book 6 Asmo may or maynot be a bad guy; by book 6 he was dead, but he had also basically turned good due to what Lanfear had done to him.

mafia games look so complex..... betrayal, intrigue, deception, ploys, tactics.... so intense. :wacko:

song, song, song, you are looking mighty suspicious from my POV, you know. :cool: I might not be experienced at mafia, but you seem rather..... vocal on how you are merely trying to be honest and save innocents from suspicion. would scum do that? :huh: no.... but that is the point, isn't it? :wink:

well? what do you have to say for yourself? r u an unselfish and brave martyr? or are you an insidious mafia scum.... i favour the latter! :happy:

this post screams scum to me and adds nothign to the game except for distraction.

I'm not getting scum vibes from Song at the moment. I haven't played many games with here but from what i have seen so far (in games i've played, and those i've read through) i think i can pick the difference on her.

^^ agree. right now i'm getting more of an upset townie vibe from Song. metagamming here, but in the last couple of games where Song has been town and not believed she went all emo like this. it makes her seem scummy & defensive which is why she ended up getting voted. of course Song knows this and woudl be able to do this as scum. so it doesn't clear her imo, but i'll wait for something more scummy before voting her.

for you newbies meta gaming is wher eyou use previous game knowledge to help determine whether you think a person is innocent or scum; it can be helpful, but isn't always effective or right.

Nynaeve,

Your on the right track.. I think we should take some advise from a certain thief-catcher, not taker, to help us ferret out possible Mafia Skum! "Some rope to tie her, some rages to gag her until she is ready to talk, some cooking oil and salt..." Oh Julian you seemed tom know a little too much about torture for my liking. I am going to keep my vote on Amadine with her fancy banners but I got my eyes on you Song... and you as well Julian. ;-)

Virtuhall

:huh: are you hinting at your character or something? i'm totally lost by this post ... what does Nyn have to do with Julian? and what is your reasoning for voting Ama??

have to say, this post is scummy.

I had to take a second look at that exchange, as well. I believe he was just refering to Nyn's choice of combustible liquid to burn scum, hence the quote. You, however, just moved way up on my list to watch with that spray tactic. How many people did you just FoS? 4? 5? And one of them for "distracting from a legitimate issue" when in the same post you said said you agreed with me about the items theory. Kind Of contradictory, there. And then you try to claim that Asmo might be a good guy? Please! What series did you read? The man was shadowsworn to the core. This whole post looks like you trying to give town as little info as possible while trying to fix a couple of ideas in the collective thinking of the town.

i'm thinking this as well. obviously he can't confirm it, but if items are character specific there are only two characters who a rhyming item woudl fit. Thom & Asmo. and since the timeline for this game goes through book 6 Asmo may or maynot be a bad guy; by book 6 he was dead, but he had also basically turned good due to what Lanfear had done to him.

Quick point of order. Based on his last/only POV in Fires of Heaven, Asmo still thought of himself as scum, but he thought of himself as scum doing what he had to do in order to survive. If he's in this game, I'm relatively sure that Asmo's going to be out to kill everybody. (About time, too. He was always my favorite.)

Since we're on the Asmo topic, I think if he were in the game he would be a solo of sorts. By the time he was with Rand all he really cared about was himself; so not good but not really bad either, in my opinion. What I find interesting though, is that some of you ignored "Thom" and went straight to the possibility of Asmodean. Funny, don't you say?

As for Red's post, you brought up some of the same points that pinged me, but claiming they all must be scum is scummy. laugh.gif

To be fair, I only brought up Asmo because I just can't see any way that he could be good. He may be the most human of the Chosen, but that leaves a lot of wiggle room (i.e., severing his own mother).

Well, if we lynch him, we can finally end the debate on who killed him, right?

So Wombat - how many PMs have you gotten for thief plays on Song? Imma guess about 10, hehe.

Good one! :laugh:

But on a serious note, was your joke on thief plays being about 10 a joke or are you basing this estimate on something you know?

Or am I taking your post too seriously? :D

Well, if we lynch him, we can finally end the debate on who killed him, right?

So Wombat - how many PMs have you gotten for thief plays on Song? Imma guess about 10, hehe.

Aren't you a witty one? rolleyes.gif Do we blame the first one to vote or the hammer?

I don't know about Song being thieved (for lack of a better word like robbed); now that I think on it, it would be a dangerous move: the only reason I can see to take that extra vote is if you're scum and need it... I don't see it being very town to TAKE an extra vote unless you know something we don't. It would be a very difficult line to walk, if someone takes it. We'll have to watch where the double vote goes and those that are hiding it by not voting. I'm willing to lynch whoever takes it immediately unless they have a good dang reason.

I had to take a second look at that exchange, as well. I believe he was just refering to Nyn's choice of combustible liquid to burn scum, hence the quote. You, however, just moved way up on my list to watch with that spray tactic. How many people did you just FoS? 4? 5? And one of them for "distracting from a legitimate issue" when in the same post you said said you agreed with me about the items theory. Kind Of contradictory, there. And then you try to claim that Asmo might be a good guy? Please! What series did you read? The man was shadowsworn to the core. This whole post looks like you trying to give town as little info as possible while trying to fix a couple of ideas in the collective thinking of the town.

Aemon your twisting my words. i've only FOS'd about 3 people, one perosn i FOS'd twice for two different things. besides, you're one to talk. here lately you've made it a point to fling the FOS around at everyone at some point during day 1 before getting lynched. to the fact that you A. haven't done that but have been laying low & B. are trying to use a tactic of your own to implicate me are worth moving you up a notch or two. :tongue:

he was trying to pull converstation away from a legitament issue surrounding Song onto a PR. i fail to see how discussing a players PR that is caused by his own item will get us anywhere more than discussing the info surrounding Songs item and peoples reactions to this. so yes, i do clasify that as a distraction technique.

yes, i do agree with you about the item theory and listed who i think are the only two characters in the WoT that would fit a rhyming object. i fail to see how this is contraditcory, seeing as David wasnt trying to gather info from Trenches item but more of trying to cast suspicion on the fact that he's being forced to rhym. thats was stood out as scummy to me. because i can see scum trying to capitalize on people being annoyed by the rhyming to try and get him lynched if he is innocent.

as for Asmo, i'm thinking more of the DO's attitude towards Asmo. he refused to re-use Asmo's soul because he felt Asmo had gone soft and was useless. i'm not saying Asmo is a good guy, but i'm not leaving out the possability of him not being part of the scum group either. and imo, Asmo was in the position to be more of an anti-hero. kinda like Snape. given the choice, he perferred the bad guys; but both characters had their hands forced one way and eventually served the good guys grudginly.

right now, i'm mroe inclined to think of him as Thom tbh, because thats the first character to come to mind. i'm reserving true judgement until i can get a better read on him.

Quick point of order. Based on his last/only POV in Fires of Heaven, Asmo still thought of himself as scum, but he thought of himself as scum doing what he had to do in order to survive. If he's in this game, I'm relatively sure that Asmo's going to be out to kill everybody. (About time, too. He was always my favorite.)

this i agree with. i don't think he'd be attached to the Forsaken as a scum group. like i said, i compare him to Snape. a bad guy at heart, but he helped the good guys in the end. if trench is Asmo, i agree it's safer to get rid of him. at the same time, i'm examining all the info surrounding the character Asmo. he was attached to Rand for a while, he also taught Rand alot to do with the power. grudginly so, but he still had alot to do with Rands advancement in handling the OP.

as for a character out to kill everybody, i see that as more of a Mordeth/Fain honestly, rather than any of the Forsaken. or maybe Machin Shin.

also, another issue i can think of; do we have to worry abotu re-births with the Forsaken. by the time LoC was written, Ishy was reborn into Mordin; and we also had Arnie & Osie as well (originally Balth & Aginor)

I don't know about Song being thieved (for lack of a better word like robbed); now that I think on it, it would be a dangerous move: the only reason I can see to take that extra vote is if you're scum and need it... I don't see it being very town to TAKE an extra vote unless you know something we don't. It would be a very difficult line to walk, if someone takes it. We'll have to watch where the double vote goes and those that are hiding it by not voting. I'm willing to lynch whoever takes it immediately unless they have a good dang reason.

i agree with what Lannie says on this. who ever decided to make a theif play for Song's item and succedds should be pressured.

Note to self: cannot miss an entire RL day in this game. WAY too much to catch up on :biggrin: I'm probably going to be mostly reiterating others' points here; several times, someone's post would catch my eye and then right away someone else would say what I was thinking about it. But I figure it's better than posting nothing, so:

Yes I honestly forgot because it's not my role (I'm not saying I have one) but my object. I was just interested in Day 1 fun voting and then realized I had a double vote power and so yeah, my bad. It's not like people don't make mistakes and I know someone whould've jumped all over that. So before innocent people were finger pointed at and stuff, I came clean. This is the last time I'm going to address this for now. I've addressed it multiple times, either vote me for being scummy or let it rest for now.

It's odd that you say you were just interested in Day 1 fun voting, when actually, your first vote was for a legitimate reason, and you then started pushing others to vote seriously and get the lynch going right away (which is already kind of scummy in and of itself).

I also disagree about it being okay to expose a double voting item because it's not important...in the hands of another townie, it may not make much different, but I would not want the mafia to have a double vote. That can make all the difference in a lynch.

I'm going to withhold my vote for now: Song has done/said a lot that seems contradictory and scummy, but it almost seems like too much - perhaps she just dug herself a hole she couldn't get out of. I'll wait til later on in Day 1 to vote.

because my item goes with my character... then they will know my character. I don't know what more you want. I'm done with this line of thought. I am going to try and not have an emo meltdown this time so I will just back off of it. Talk all you want about it, but I won't be addressing it again for awhile.

Yeah emo meltdowns aren't nice. But I think the best we can do is talk about something else.

Like, do people think that trench's rhyming is just a nice twist to the game to make it different or does it have some actual use. You know, does the rhyming physically do something.

I have to agree with Red here on this distraction. Why change the subject from something very relevant to something that probably doesn't mean much? I get that Song is upset, but you know, this is mafia, and she knows that. (Besides, what a good way to get everyone off your back, by acting upset...) Whereas, in my experience, talking a PR to death doesn't usually do much to help in the way of scumhunting.

I backed off of Song because she was getting really upset and I hate to see anyone get upset over a game, however, in the rules it states that we are allowed to use ANY tactic so I'm kinda starting to wonder. I agree with Alanna in that Song has played mafia before and knows the consequences of each action. If she was worried about people noticing the double vote, then why did she vote 2 posts into the game? It all just seems way off to me and since she has refused to address it then I guess I won't get any answers!

Just some notes since we're so many pages in (5 if you have 40 posts per page ohmy.gif)

Mynd, Dewoftherushes, Curtdragon, Stryder, Tobi, Nae, and Deadlyfreind haven't checked in

Kwom, Paetric, and killuliu checked in and haven't been seen since...

Just a little nudge, apparently voting those who haven't checked in yet at all will get you lynched by mafia, so I'll refrain from that wink.gifhappy.gif

I'd like to hear from some in the second group on some of the ongoing discussions, okay?

Just some notes since we're so many pages in (5 if you have 40 posts per page ohmy.gif)

Mynd, Dewoftherushes, Curtdragon, Stryder, Tobi, Nae, and Deadlyfreind haven't checked in

Kwom, Paetric, and killuliu checked in and haven't been seen since...

Just a little nudge, apparently voting those who haven't checked in yet at all will get you lynched by mafia, so I'll refrain from that wink.gifhappy.gif

I'd like to hear from some in the second group on some of the ongoing discussions, okay?

LMAO! So sorry!

Note to self: cannot miss an entire RL day in this game. WAY too much to catch up on :biggrin: I'm probably going to be mostly reiterating others' points here; several times, someone's post would catch my eye and then right away someone else would say what I was thinking about it. But I figure it's better than posting nothing, so:

Yes I honestly forgot because it's not my role (I'm not saying I have one) but my object. I was just interested in Day 1 fun voting and then realized I had a double vote power and so yeah, my bad. It's not like people don't make mistakes and I know someone whould've jumped all over that. So before innocent people were finger pointed at and stuff, I came clean. This is the last time I'm going to address this for now. I've addressed it multiple times, either vote me for being scummy or let it rest for now.

It's odd that you say you were just interested in Day 1 fun voting, when actually, your first vote was for a legitimate reason, and you then started pushing others to vote seriously and get the lynch going right away (which is already kind of scummy in and of itself).

I also disagree about it being okay to expose a double voting item because it's not important...in the hands of another townie, it may not make much different, but I would not want the mafia to have a double vote. That can make all the difference in a lynch.

I'm going to withhold my vote for now: Song has done/said a lot that seems contradictory and scummy, but it almost seems like too much - perhaps she just dug herself a hole she couldn't get out of. I'll wait til later on in Day 1 to vote.

My first vote was actually for player which is number 8. It seems you skipped that part. I changed to Vambram when I remembered I had a double voting power, one because he was scummy and two because I wanted to hide my double vote for now. But then I realized there was no way it was going to be hidden. Me and locke would be under some serious pressure, and I don't know if Locke is scum, but I figured I'd just come out with it. Sorry some of you guys didn't like it, but I did it.

Archived