DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

And I'm done

JenniferL

So I've been thinking over the last few days about how I want to say this. The idea itself is surprisingly easy to contemplate. In fact, I'm quite looking forward to it. That doesn't make it easy to say.

This summer, I will be retiring from all my positions at Dragonmount. Empy has been asked, and has accepted the position of Community Admin from Jason. I believe he has selected his replacement as Org Admin, but I won't comment on that here, since I'm not sure if she's accepted yet. Once the Admins are in place, the search for the next WT Org Leader will begin. I encourage any WT member to apply for it. I can probably think of a dozen or so of you that would do an admirable job of leading the Org.  So be on the look out for that. Transitioning me out will take several months, and we'll let you know when to apply for it.

Why am I retiring now? 11 years is a good run. It's far, far longer than most Org Leaders get. And truth be told, there's not much more I can accomplish as an Org Leader. Its time to pass that on.  Also, I find my other projects outside of DM consuming more and more of my time. JordanCon is far more successful than I thought it would be. I still have commitments to DragonCon. Outside of fandom,  Segurant is at a point in his career where he needs additional support from me. This means that I have less time to spend here and what time I have, I want to spend socializing, not being the boss of us. 

I'm not going to disappear though. Jason and I have agreed that I need to still be involved in some way at DM, just in a way that suits my schedule. I'm going to be taking over the WoT FAQ, and probably some other projects as well. We're still working out what those will be and how much time I'll have to work on them. I do plan to continue being an active member of the WT Org, but I'll probably be scarce for a few months to give the new Org Leader some breathing room.

And that's pretty much it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to see this day come but we all must move on.  You've had a good run and I'm glad you'll stick around.

Good luck with you and Seggie in all future cons and in your life.

*bows*

Mat

*hugs* I'm sorry to hear the results, though I totally understand the reasons. This place won't be the same without you in that Seat, but I'm glad to know we'll still be able to find you! Don't get too comfy in that break time, I have minions and they will hunt you down. *smiles*

Wow, I knew this day 'would' come but I never thought I would see it happen.

Jenn, you have been amazing and meeting you just put so many things into perspective that I had hoped I'd never see this happening. You fill so many shoe.. Good luck choosing, I doubt this will be any easier than saying 'enough'.

*hugs*

Wow... I'm not sure how to react to this.  I never thought I'd be here long enough to see it that's for sure.  I can only hope that the person who takes over for you does half the job you've done here Kath.

You were my first Mother, probably always will be in my mind too.  *hugs*  :-*

I'm definitely sad to see this day come, but I understand why you are doing this.  You deserve to relax.  I know people often say someone has big shoes to fill, but yours are definitely the biggest shoes of all.

You'll always be Mother to me, Jenn.  You are a legend.

I'm sorry to see you go but agree that this is a much needed thing.  You were taking on so much that I can only imagine how overwhelmed you must have felt of late.  Best to step back now than get to a breaking point later and not even want to be here at all.  Best of luck in all you do and know we all still love you!

ditto to what others said, never thougth i'd see the day you gave up the amy position, considering how long its been...cant been an easy choice

good to see you are sticking around though, too many legends are lost too DM

and good luck on new projects

WOW!  :o

From my motivational calendar at my desk:

"Chang isn't scary - it's growth. And growth is the essence of life."

How sad, yet exciting! I will never call another “Mumsy”.......that & chocolate pudding are just for you. :-*

Congratulations on taking back some life for yourself.

*snuggles*

Archived